Light of my Life || Nightcraw...

Por Smo1Rage

A young man, blindfolded in the darkest of nights. Of course, his eyes were as bright as the stars. And yes... Más

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

517 28 15
Por Smo1Rage

A/N: So this is the original photo for the cover, as one of you guys requested. I myself didn't create it, but I edited it for the story.

Enjoy~!

You finally removed the hood, sheepishly looking up for a brief moment, immediately gasping as you saw the tall, blue figure before you.

Lines, engraved on his face, his eyes were distinctly a bright hazel, though they almost seemed red. His skin was a dark blue, his hair even darker. He wore a warm, toothy grin that revealed his sharp teeth. On the side, you noticed something waving around...was that-- a tail?!

You turned white, though, to your surprise, didn't glow.

"Wow, you change colors?," the boy before you asked, in bewilderment of your powers. Confused, being that he wasn't afraid of you, yet unphased at the same time, you nodded.

"It's an emotion thing. The colors go with the way I feel."

"Really?," the blue boy's smile grew. You couldn't help but to finally be infected with it, the smile was just too contagious. "That's amazing..." His voice trailed off as he stared you up and down, as if analyzing you, trying to decipher your mysteries.

"And you?," you queried.

The fellow mutant immediately looked up. "Was?" (What?)

"What's your power, stranger?," you asked, taking a seat in the pew, and crossing your legs.

Yet another toothy grin graced your presence as he curled his lips up, revealing his sharp, canine teeth.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Immediately, a purple cloud of dust made contact with your face, followed by a bamf. You coughed a little, swatting away the foreign air, and looked up, to see a blue figure sitting on top of one of the chandeliers.

You laugh, dumbfounded and amazed. "You teleport?!"

He laughed too, obviously satisfied with your reaction. He teleported from chandelier to chandelier, window to window, pew to pew. At one point, he accidentally teleported on top of one of the statues, though, teleported off of it, then on his knees, begged, "Vergib mir, Vater, for I have sinned," (Forgive me, Father). The whole time, you followed him, laughing as you ran, like a child ran after colorful bubbles, blown away in the wind.

Eventually, you ran to the front of the altar, trying to figure out where he teleported this time around. Though as soon as you turned, you stood, face to face, inches from your new acquaintance. You yelled in surprise, then, with the blue boy in front of you, burst into tears of laughter. You then tripped over his tail, pulling him along with you.

Blushing madly, he stood up, brushed his dark blue hair back, and helped you up.

"I'm afraid I haven't caught your name yet," you smiled, standing up, breathing normally. "Is it blueberry?"

With a chuckle, he replied, "I wish. But, sadly, I've been burdened with this boring name," he bent down, and held out his hand for you, tail curling up, "Kurt. Kurt Wagner."

"Nice to meet you... Kurt," you responded, finding the taste of this stranger's name compelling. "I'm ________."

For a minute, you simply studied his face, dominantly red eyes meeting yours. He had inscriptions decorating his cerulean face, as if he came from another world. His teeth, as you saw earlier, were sharp, dangerous, though it seemed as if he'd never hurt you, looking at the gentle smile that covered them. And his hair, of course, always seemed as if it were to cover his left eye, though never really did so.

In realization of staring at each other for a good five minutes, you immediately turned pink, and Kurt's tail flicked up.

"I...uh...," he struggled with his words, contemplating on what to say, though judgement was clouded with embarrassment for but a second. "It was nice meeting you, ________. Really."

"Well, Kurt," you smiled back, "the feelings are mutual."

He smiled once again, then asked, "So why are you here, anyway?"

"What do you mean?," you asked, raising a brow.

"I mean, this place is pretty far from society," Kurt pointed out. "Also, you seem like you've been on some stranded island for years!"

You laughed at how adorable you found him, then explained, "You know, they're not exactly... accepting of mutants from where I am."

Kurt, nodded his head, understanding your situation. He nodded his head towards the front of the altar where the servers sat and asked, "Want to sit there?"

"Sure." You shrugged.

Making your way up the stairs, Kurt stared up at the colorful scene in front of him, and said, "I was once a part of a circus."

You coughed. "Wow... That must've been hard."

Laughing, Kurt shook his head. "No, no you don't get it.. I wasn't treated like some animal in the dirt. They were a bunch of people who took me in... Who cared for me."

"Oh," you replied, caught in complete surprise of what he really meant . Usually mutants were treated like freaks, and in a circus, you'd have expected the treatment to be the worst, but if anything, it seemed as if it were the exact opposite. "Well, what'd you do in the circus?"

"I was an acrobatic," Kurt smiled, looking at the rest of the church, as if recordings of a distant memory were playing right before him. "And... They loved me. They really loved me."

"Why'd you leave then?," you asked, crossing your legs on the chair.

"I was—I was kidnapped," Kurt replied shakily, on the verge of tears. "They took me to a rink, and I had to fight another mutant, 'Engel', they called him. Angel."

"I've heard stories about mutant fights," you told Kurt, recalling all those times your parents warned you about not showing your powers. "It gets pretty bad, I hear."

"It was," Kurt nodded. "But someone saved me. She took me to Xavier's Academy, a school for--"

"I'm sorry, did you say Xavier?," you asked, finding yourself familiar with the name. "Charles Xavier?"

"Uh... Ja," Kurt responded politely with a smile. "Why? Do you know him?"

"I've heard about him," you put your feet down, "from my friend... Heinryk."

"Is that why you ran away?" Kurt asked. "Because if that's why, then maybe I can take you there... Maybe you could stay with us!"

Shocked by his offer, you shake your head. "No, no, that's too much! I'm sorry, I don't want to be a burden to anyone..."

"Are you sure?," Kurt asked you sadly, a significant loss of excitement and hope in his voice. "Charles will help you control your powers, learn to use them to the fullest! Besides, everyone there's really accepting, and America has awesome burger places."

"Burgers?"

"Ja, they're these things that Americans put together," Kurt explained excitedly, though stopped midway, "But that's not the point! You should really stay with us... And it's safer there, too."

You contemplated this. Yes, you would be an absolute burden to them. You've spent your whole life, trying to grasp on the concept of your powers for fifteen years, and just barely learned the basics! Still, you needed a safer place to stay, and you could always leave if needed. It was America, what could go wrong?

"Okay," you finally decided, smiling at Kurt. "I'll go."

"YES!!!," Kurt jumped up from his seat excitedly. Realizing how much of a fool he made himself look like, he immediately sat down, blushing, though his tail continued to move uncontrollably.

"We better get going now,"Kurt snapped out of his flushed state, "the others are probably looking for me right now."

"You have others with you?," you asked, eyes widening.

"Ja!," he smiled. "I think we're going back to America, want to come with?"

"I mean," you stood up from your seat. "How long does it take to get a plane ticket there?"

"We don't need one," Kurt smiled as he held out his hand. "Just trust me and I'll show you where we need to go."

You looked at Kurt's three-fingered hand hesitantly, then shrugged and finally took it in yours.

"Let's go."

---

I'm so sorry for the long update, guys!!!! Well, nonetheless here it is!!

I hope you all like it so far! <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4K 382 13
Matthyas, beste vriend van Milo. Buiten Milo heeft Matthyas natuurlijk ook nog vrienden, waarmee hij om gaat. Op een avond gaat hij uit met zijn ande...
471K 7.2K 108
Tessa een 22 jarige meid, woont met haar beste vriendin Britt in een appartement vlakbij Rotterdam. Britt gaat vaak uit en heeft eindelijk Tessa mee...
200K 2.5K 70
Lisa is het zusje van Raoul en komt hem op een dag weer tegen. Ze hadden elkaar een lange tijd niet gesproken. Lisa ontmoet daarna ook Matthy, een va...
52K 700 87
Sophie zit in een hechte vriendengroep met de Bankzitters. Al heeft ze het gevoel dat de band van haar en Matthy toch net wat anders is. Maar is hij...