Rise Of The Uncharted: Golden...

By indiaherring

The Journey continues as Lara Croft and Nathan Drake work together as a dynamic duo. They are on their way to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Intense Training
Chapter 2: Nathan Returns
Chapter 3: The Golden Fleece
Chapter 5: Bad Things Can Happen
Chapter 6: The Journey Begins Once More
Chapter 7: Traveling Divided
Chapter 8: Spanish Paradise
Chapter 9: Flamenco Chase
Chapter 10: Italian Drama
Chapter 11: Love Gives A Purpose
Chapter 12: Forbidden Tomb
Chapter 13: Alone Once More
Chapter 14: Finally Reunited
Chapter 15: Escape Plan
Chapter 16: Conflict Troubles
Chapter 17: Gods Meeting
Chapter 18: Greece Showdown
Epilogue

Chapter 4: Flashbacks

846 21 16
By indiaherring

In the Croft Manor, Lara and Bryce was looking at the artifact. Bryce were examining it.

Bryce: "So, it was this that you heard in a secret room last night?"

Lara: "That's right. It was in a secret room making a shimmering sound. Like it was magic."

Bryce: "Ooh, magic. How very magical."

Lara: "Bryce?"

Bryce: "Hm?"

Lara: "Don't start this."

Bryce: "There's no need to be hostile."

Lara: "If you want to be hostile, I will become hostile."

Bryce: "No thank you. I'll pass."

Lara: "Now, can you see why it's shimmering?"

Bryce: "Maybe it's because of the previous adventure you once had before."

Lara: "Before?"

Bryce: "Uh, yes. You don't remember, don't you? The golden temple of Charta? Does it ring a bell?" The artifact starts to glow very bright and Lara stared at the artifact. Bryce was starting to be concerned about Lara.

Bryce: "Lara? Lara, can you hear me?" He waves his hand in front of her face, but Lara was seeing a flashback in her head. The flashback showed the ship that Jonah, Sully and Nathan was on. She hears a ghostly voice that was still Bryce.

***Bryce: "Lara? Lara?"

**Nathan: "Lara! Are you okay?" Lara came back to her senses and looked around her.

**Lara: "Nathan? Wha...where am I?"

**Nathan: "Relax, you're on the ship. Remember we had to leave because of the wolves and to find the golden pieces of the crown?"

**Lara: "I guess so. Am I going insane?"

**Nathan: "Don't know. How do you feel?"

**Lara: "Unsure. Strange."

**Nathan: "It's probably the sea talking to you in your stomach."

**Lara: "Maybe you're right."

**Nathan: "I am right." He smiles at Lara.

**Lara: "I'll be back. I need to refresh myself." She went downstairs to the bathroom and closed the door.

**Lara: (to self) "This is crazy! I'm in a flashback in the past? But how did...the Golden Fleece did it. Its shimmering glow which I gazed upon, sent me into a flashback. How do I return to the present? Oh god, help me." She felt the ship shake violently.

**Lara: "Oh crap! What the hell was that?!" She ran upstairs and took out her bow. A giant sea serpent has appeared out of the water.

**Lara: "Nathan, what the hell is happening?!"

**Nathan: "A sea serpent is trying to mess with us. Some of our men are gone because the serpent ate them. Now, we have to kill it!"

**Lara: "Okay, but how?"

**Nathan: "We use our survival instincts to take down this despicable creature. And I just got the plan. Watch this." He whistles to get the serpent's attention.

**Nathan: "Hey, snake boy! Over here!" The serpent tries to bite Nathan, but Nathan used a knife to get the serpent's fin to stay connected to the floor of the ship.

**Lara: "What if it tries to get loose, Nate?"

**Nathan: "Not a problem." He grabbed a rope and wrapped it around the post of the ship.

**Nathan: "Now we climb up to the top." He took out his combat knife from his weapon holster and caught the blade with his teeth. He muffled. "Let's go!" They both climbed up to the top of the post. Lara was on the other side of the post. Nathan tied the rope at the top of where the serpent was. He kept climbing because he saw a tightrope and he was going to walk across it.

**Lara: "Nathan, what the hell are you doing?"

**Nathan: "We're going to teach that serpent..." He walks across the rope and grabs the knife. "A lesson to get its own damn meal. Stay there at that spot." Lara waits until Nathan reaches the end of the rope and cuts it to angle the broken part end of the sail to kill the serpent.

**Lara: "Ah, I see what you mean. Good thinking, Nate."

**Nathan: "I know. I'm a genius."

**Lara: "Also a tomb raider just like me." Nathan winks and smiles at her.

**Nathan: "Now, you go." Lara nods confidently and does the same thing as Nathan did. They both held on to the ropes.

**Nathan: "Knives at ready!" Nathan takes out his knife and brings it near to the rope and Lara flips her out near the rope with a smile.

**Nathan: "Now! Do it!" They both cut their ropes and down they went.

**Both: "Whooooooooooa!!" The sea serpent looked up and they both landed on the serpent's head stabbed with the broken wood of the sail. They were hanging on to the long ropes they had left. Jonah and Sully and the men cheers.

**Lara: "Whoooo!" She smiles and laughed. She was also swinging while smiling at Nathan.

**Nathan: "Whoo-hoo! Yes!" He was also swinging too. Then, Nathan jumped and landed on the ship's deck and Lara did too, but she wobbled a little. Nathan went towards her.

**Nathan: "Are you okay?"

**Lara: "Yes. Thanks for having my back."

**Nathan: "Hey, no worries. It's what partners do. They look out for each other."

**Lara: "That's right." Nathan pats her back.

**Nathan: "You better get some rest. You're gonna need it."

**Lara: "That's the plan." Nathan walks away and went to Sully. Sully was singing rocket man and took out two bottles of rum. She heard Sully laughs. She suddenly heard Bryce's voice again.

**Bryce: (Echoes) "Lara. Lara? Earth to Lara!"

Zip: "Snap out of it, girl!" Lara closes her eyes and it appears that she came back to reality. Her eyes were spilled with tears.

Lara: "Whoa, sorry. Guess I was daydreaming."

Zip: "You really zoned out on us, LC. Are you okay?"

Lara: "Yes, yes. I'm okay."

Bryce: "Are you sure? Because it looked like you were possessed."

Zip: "I know it scared me half to death. We thought you were losing it. Like you couldn't handle something that you've encountered many times before."

Bryce: "But it looks like she saw something. Something hidden. What did you see, Lara? If it was me gagging on the toilet, then you would know I ate something bad." Lara looked at him like what?

Bryce: "It was those damn enchiladas, Lara. It wasn't a pretty sight."

Lara: "It's nothing. Just a minor flashback."

Bryce: "Okay, well let's see what we got here then." He looks at the artifact and noticed there were warriors on the artifact.

Bryce: "Holy crabapple. This is just like..."

Zip: "Greek mythology."

Bryce: "How do you know that?"

Zip: "Haven't you learned this in school?"

Bryce: "Yes, I have as a matter of fact. Stay out of my expertise, Zipper. Let me analyze this."

Zip: "What did you call me?" He walked towards Bryce fists clenched.

Bryce: "You heard me." Zip grabs him from his collar.

Zip: "Call me Zipper one more time and I will turn you into one."

Lara: "Enough of this! If you're going to act like 4 year olds, then you two deserve to be in the playground and not in this house. Do you understand?"

Bryce: "Yes, Lara."

Zip: "Sorry, LC. My fault. Won't happen again."

Lara: "Good." She looks at the artifact. "I know who this mysterious person is, gentlemen. It's Ares the god of war. Basically the king of darkness and Zeus the god of thunder hated him." She points to Ares the god of war on the artifact.

Zip: "That guy reminds me of Hades, but Hades is..." Then the front door was opened and she heard a voice.

Woman's voice: "Worse than Loki himself. Lara Croft, I presume?" The woman with blonde hair approached Lara.

Zip: "Really, lady? You just came busting in here without knocking. Do you know how rude that is?"

Lara: "I can handle this, Zip." She takes a gun and puts it in front of the woman. The woman puts her hands up.

Lara: "How dare you. How dare you come into my home and interrupt our discussion!"

Woman's voice: "My apologies. I know you were busy. I may want to be part of your partnership. I used to know a friend that worked with you."

Lara: "A woman has her ways. In your behavior, you do not."

Woman's voice: "Maybe. But I know I am as generous and aggressive when I need to be. Trust is the key."

Lara: "Right. But I don't trust you yet. Who the hell are you?"

Woman's voice: "Do you want to know?"

Lara: "Your name, damn it! Yes, I need your name! What is it?!" She moves closer to her head.

Woman's voice: "If you've found out, would you kill me?"

Lara cocks the gun. "Tell me. Now." Bryce, Zip and Winston looks at Lara and the mysterious blonde lady. It was quiet for a while then she finally spoke her name.

Woman's voice: "My name is Elena Fisher." Lara's eyes widens with guilt and feeling.

Bryce: "Bugger."

Winston: "Oh dear."

Zip: "Oh shhi..."

(End of Chapter 4: Flashbacks)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 287 21
The adventure isn't over yet! Nathan and Lara has returned once more to find the diamond skull of Wolfsbane, witcher of the underworld. The world is...
12.1K 391 27
It had been three years since Caeli had taken a job with Nathan Drake, when she was suddenly called by him, asking for help to sneak into a black mar...
4.6K 148 13
(Y/N) (L/N), an archeologist who can't figure out what to write her next blog about, gets a call from her old friend, Nathan Drake. He asks (Y/N) to...
17.3K 344 14
Nathan and (y/n) Drake search for the legendary lost city Iram of the Pillars whilst they battle a mercenary group led by Sully's former employer and...