The Boxer and the Badboy

By whyme_bookworm

#1st in werewolf #1st in confessions and fighter #1st in humor #5th in romance Hayley Hood is a 17 year old... More

Chapter 1-
Chapter 2
Chapter 3-
Chapter 4-
Chapter 5-
Chapter 6-
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 34

116K 4.3K 171
By whyme_bookworm

Hi guys! I didn't want you to wait and I really wanted to apologize for not updating long before this week but I'm happy to say that my exams went really well! Thanks guys for keeping up with me :) I'm forever grateful! Have a nice day my peaches and enjoy reading! ^-^

Chapter 34

"Everything started with my ex-boyfriend, Nicholas."

Blake's eyes swirled darkly, "Boyfriend?"

I nodded and tightened my grip around his head, "His name is Nicholas Higgins and I started dating him when I was 14."

"What?" he hissed, "Isn't 14 too young?"

"Yes, but I-I-" I closed my eyes shut and cringed while saying the next words, "-I loved him."

Blake took in a sharp intake of air and the air filled with tension.

"I promise you that I hate him with all my might and nothing in the world can make me like him again," I tipped his chin down to look at me and gave him a pointed look.

He searched into my eyes for a moment before resigning with a nod, "I'm ready."

I took in a deep breath and fully launched into my past, "I went out with Nicholas a full year and I swear we were the happiest couple on earth. Everything was perfect, we were even planning to get married once I turned eighteen- although that idea was so ridiculously absurd- it showed how much we loved each other. But one day, Nicholas said that he wanted to try something new and he went to this huge night-club. I don't know what happened that night but when I saw him the next day, I knew that something was wrong. I came to know when it was too late that he had taken his first drug injection-"

I bit my wobbling lip and Blake squeezed my hand reassuringly, "It's okay,"

I opened my mouth and kept going, "He offered me some of what he took the same day and I obviously refused. I told him to stop but he said that he loved it and that he would never let it go. I loved him too much to stop dating him and my parents weren't even aware that I was dating a boy. Day after day, he got worse and when it was finally the last straw, I took away his drugs and told him to stop. He got angry a-and he slapped me. That was when everything went downhill."

My eyes filled up but I shook it away, "He took the pleasure of hitting me every time we were alone. I couldn't take it anymore and I told him that I would leave him and deposit a complaint at the police station. That day, I was alone at home with him and my parents had gone shopping. He got so angry that h-he pushed me down on my bed and tried to remove my clothes. Then, I did the worst mistake of my life, I-I screamed."

I can't do this. Burrowing my hands in my face, I shook my head and my shoulders began shaking. Blake's arms wrapped around me and he whispered, "Why was it the worst mistake ever?"

I gulped, "M-my parents were in the drive-way s-so they heard me. M-my father ran up to my room and pushed Nicholas off me. D-dad beat him up and pushed him out of the house. I was so stupid. I thought Nicholas was gone for good- I-I thought I was free because daddy was there to protect me but I was so wrong. That same night, my father went out to buy dinner and Nicholas' friends, t-th-they were waiting for him."

"They shot him, Blake. They killed my dad," and I burst into tears. I cried for the first time in 2 years. I cried and cried, opening all the bottled up feelings that had accumulated over the years. Blake held me all the while I cried, rubbing my back soothingly and just holding me close to him. But I had to continue or I would never finish; wiping away the tears, I kept on going:

"My mother blamed me- she blamed me so hard that she abused me every day. She drank all day and beat me up whenever she saw me and I was too scared to tell her anything. Mia saw me with black and blues all over my body when she was only 8. I can't imagine how she felt when she looked at me. Every time my mother would come up, I would push her in the closet so that she wouldn't get hurt. A-and one day, she got so angry and hurt that she smashed my head with a glass bottle-"

'Stop crying you pathetic b*tch! Crying makes you look f*cking weak but I guess you are weak so that explains,' she spat at my face. 'You're crying over nothing- you're not even suffering as much as I am so I'm going to teach you what it is to suffer,' she snickered and pulled at my hair. I let out a shriek as she slapped my cheeks hard.

'Stop please...I'll stop crying," I croaked. "Well we'll see with that after I'm done with you,' she seethed and flung the bottle at my head. I heard a sickening crack before blacking out.

I shook my head to forget the flashback and continued, "-when I woke up with a concussion and a slightly fractured skull, Mia was crying. S-she told me that mom had d-driven herself off a cliff-" my words choked up in a sob and I soaked up Blake's shirt with tears.

He squeezed me so tightly that it cut off my air circulation, "I'm sorry, Hayley, I'm so sorry." I nodded against his chest and breathed in slowly.

"E-ever since, I moved away to another state with Mia to find a job. But no one wanted to take in a girl who had just turned sixteen so I resorted to underground fighting with the skills that my father had given me when I was smaller, I practiced everyday with no exception but I never made my identity known so they named me 'Black Hood." I finished with a sniff.

Blake smiled down at me sadly, "Thanks for telling me," he burrowed his nose in my neck and breathed in.

We curled up together in the bed and just before I dozed off, Blake whispered, "I love you, Hayley."

My heart seemed to stop for a moment but I never got the time to mull over it as I fell into a pit of darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 81 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
274K 19.6K 83
Hayley was a freshman at NYU, following her dreams. Sure she was broke and currently living off of ramen noodles, but she was determined to let nothi...
1.1M 9.2K 10
Hayley's on the run from a stalker who's determined to make her pay. When she saves the life of the local Alpha, exposing her new location in the pro...
218K 7.8K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...