Haikyuu x Reader ⇹ One Shots

De midorkima

▷ Thank you for the support all these years. ▷ WARNING: Some of these will contain mature themes. They will b... Mai multe

Requests ↠ Updates ↠ Favourites ↠ Covers
Sad Eyes ↠ Kuroo Tetsurou
Casual (1) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠
Casual (2) ↠ Akaashi Keiji ↠ NSFW
Roommate Exchange ↠ Iwaizumi Hajime
Unintentional Roommates ↠ Kunimi Akira ↠ NSFW
Tempo ↠ Kageyama Tobio
Flower Picking ↠ Bokuto Koutarou
Wedlock ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Impatient ↠ Haiba Lev ↠ NSFW
Girl ↠ Tanaka Ryuunosuke
Butler Cafe ↠ Terushima Yuuji
Nurse ↠ Kyoutani Kentarou
Fall ↠ Oikawa Tooru
Letters ↠ Aone Takanobu
New Years Party ↠ 3rd Gym
Extras ↠ Tsukishima Kei
Bamboo ↠ Ushijima Wakatoshi
New ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi
Selfish ↠ Tsukishima Kei

Thanks To The Kids ↠ Yamaguchi Tadashi

20.9K 369 129
De midorkima

Quick Note: This was based on a prompt I saw on Tumblr AND something I saw IRL. Also- Omg this is barely a reader insert like Yamaguchi only comes in in the end??? This will be pretty short. Anyway, decided to try out a first person story instead of 2nd or 3rd p.o.v .like usual. Really sorry I dont update more. And this is sorta meh too sorry.

---

I've always had a soft spot for children. They were overwhelmingly adorable, although sometimes a bit too energetic or childish, but weren't such traits just normal for kids to have? And their innocence and outlook on things were quite charming too.

So when I passed by a playground walking home, I saw two men who were most likely in the same age group as me, judging by their looks, and they appeared to be picking on a few children. I couldn't help but feel disgusted. Scoffing, I decided to make a quick detour and I approached the group.

"And ladies and gents, over here we have a pair of assholes." The distaste rings out in my tone easily, as I glare at the two guys. They seem to move away from the kids, fortunately, and face me instead, quite unfortunately.

'Well, I do hope the kids don't end up repeating the vulgar words either of us might end up saying.'

"Who the hell are you?" The taller one asks, furrowing his eyebrows. "I'm not a pathetic piece of garbage who has nothing better to do than fight innocent children, that's for sure."

The second guy rolls his eyes. "Please, bitch. Those damned brats were-"

"Were what? Did they hit you with a frisbee they failed to catch? Got in your way whilst walking? Accidentally bumped into you?" I guessed, laughing at the ridiculousness. "Surely not lasting damage, that's for sure. The least you could have done was told them off in a nice way. Don't stoop so low to fight someone a different size than you."

"Are you implying that we should fight someone like you instead then?" I didn't know whether I should be laughing or be genuinely scared as I watched them step closer to me.

They probably could hurt me if they wanted to. But are they really stupid enough to do it in a public area? Terrible, terrible people.

"I was right. You two truly are pathetic. First, you pick on children. Then, you decide to try to pick a fight with a lady just trying to defend aforementioned children. In a playground." It was then I 'accidentally' kneed one of the two men in the groyne.

I think I just heard a gasp and an "ooh" amongst the sound of groaning from the guy. "Oh, you okay there? Maybe you should take your buddy to rest or something." With a final glare, the two guys walk away.

'Ahh, I hope I wasn't too harsh on them,' I think to myself. 'Though they more or less deserved it.'

Finally turning to the four children, I smile brightly. "You four aren't hurt, are you?" They shake their heads, and I notice that their eyes seem to sparkle with some admiration. Which I suppose I shouldn't be all that shocked about. I did make the two men leave them alone.

"Thank you, pretty onee-chan." A small boy with brownish hair says, a smile gracing his, and the other children's faces.

"Ne, what's your name, nee-chan?" An adorable girl with bright orange hair asked me. "(Last Name) (First Name)." I say in reply, before eyeing their physical attributes. Say, weren't two of them looking really familiar?

"(First Name)-nee, do you want to play with us for a while?" The third kid says, and I laugh. "Okay, sure! I guess I have some time to spare." So for around thirty minutes, I spent time playing frisbee with the kids. I bet I looked like their babysitter, yet I never even found out their names. Nevertheless, it made me smile to be around them.

They were just naturally.. smiley. Anyone would have had their spirits uplifted by them.

---

Normally, I didn't pass by the playground on the way home from school. It would take me a bit longer to get back to my house, and I relished matters such as the time a lot lately. After all, it's more convenient for me to finish my studying or doing my assignments as early as I can.

But in the little time I spent with the four children I met that day, I might have gotten slightly attached. Or just worried about their wellbeing. After all, are they just allowed to go play in a public area alone? Did they have someone with them? Were they supposed to?

So as the week went by, after school, I would make a quick detour pass by the playground. And then get lured in to spend a few minutes to talk with the children.

I got slightly less concerned for their safety when they mentioned that they went to an elementary that was only a minutes walk away from the playground.

"I told mommy about the bullies last time." The freckled girl tells me one day. "She wants to have someone watch over us, but I don't want to be babysat." She pouts, and I almost squeal.

The ginger haired one, who I found out has the name Natsu, nods. "I want my brother to watch us, but he's always so busy."

"We don't need a babysitter, nee-chan!" One of the twin boys, I can never tell them from one another, cried indignantly. "You always visit us for a while anyway!"

"Pretty-nee," The more quiet twin says, causing me to flush slightly. This one seemed to insist on calling me that instead of my real name. "Thank you for staying with us." I wanted to tell him that his thanks wasn't needed, but then he puts out his arm towards me, his small fists clenching something.

"Eh? What's this for?" I hold out my hand, recieving what was a few small flowers and a shiny looking stone. "A thank you gift!" The dark haired girl said cheerfully. "Natsu-chan and I picked some flowers from school, and we sent the twins to search for a pretty rock!"

I smile widely. I didn't really know what to do with their little present, but I appreciated their cute act. "I love it." I tell them.

The ginger frowns slightly though. "I hope pretty onee-chan's boyfriend won't get jealous though." If it were any other person, they probably would have giggled, as their lover probably would not have gotten jealous of gifts from kids.

Unfortunately, this wouldn't exactly apply to me- Putting into consideration that the last time I even went on a date or had a boyfriend was definitely not recently.

"Boy... Boyfriend?" I sputtered, my face turning pink from embarrassment. "I don't exactly have a boyfriend." I tried explaining. I just didn't have enough time. As a 3rd year, I was busy with my academics, club, and trying my best to prepare for college.

Of course, that wasn't to say I didn't have my sights set on someone. But it was easier for me to push my feelings aside, rather than face a possible rejection and be on unpleasant terms with him.

"Really? What pretty woman doesn't have a boyfriend?" The ginger furrows her eyebrows, then her eyes light up, as she gives a cheery grin.

---

Apparently, the kids have made it their job to play matchmaker and get me a boyfriend. Which I insisted on not needing; but I didn't have the heart to break it to them that not only was I not all that interested in a getting a boyfriend, and it's also highly probable that they don't even know the only guy I would want to date. Yamaguchi Tadashi.

And if they did know him, there was a pretty good possibility that he saw me as that girl he would talk to once in a while. I'd rather not face the pain of being rejected.

"Maybe you should just give up on finding me a boyfriend.." I said softly. "It's not really appropriate to go up to random guys and ask if they want to date me."

They stood silent for a while, thinking. Then one of them spoke up. "Let's try one more time! Tomorrow, we'll bring someone perfect!" My lips edged up slightly at their determination. "So you actually know this person?"

"Yep! And I'm sure you'll like him!"

---

The day came and I was honestly curious to see who my supposed perfect guy was. I would most likely awkwardly smile, and apologise on behalf of the children if ever either of us get too embarrassed.

But I honestly didn't expect to actually see someone I would want to date. The someone.

"Yamaguchi-kun?" I called out with hesitance. I was pretty sure it was him, I recognised the dark hair that was tied up in a tiny ponytail, and I saw the familliar cowlick and pierced ears.

The said boy turns around, a look of surprise evident on his face as he walks towards me more, as though to make sure he was seeing properly. "(Last name)-san?" I nod in confirmation, bringing in silence, neither party knowing what to say.

It doesn't last, though. The kids go up to us two with questioning looks. (First Name)-neechan, you know onii-san?"

"Yeah, we're both 3rd years in the same school... Wait, did you say onii-san?" The girls giggle, and I look at Yamaguchi who nods. "Do you want to go out with Yama-kun?"

I begin to turn red at the straightforward question. Yes, I think about confessing my feelings this way. But I must have jinxed it and it turns out Yamaguchi knows these kids, and it's a saturday so Yamaguchi certainly must have more free fine these days, and I just try to lay out my options, thinking on how to react.

"Now, don't just ask someone that. Besides, she probably doesn't like me that way, and-" With a crimson face, I interrupt Tadashi, mustering up all my courage. It's now or never.

"Actually, I wouldn't mind dating you.. If you want to date me, of course." My voice becomes softer per word I speak, and only Yamaguchi was able to hear the last portion. It's unlikely of me to be overly embarrassed or shy, putting into consideration that I was acting all tough with those guys from nearly two weeks ago.

But I guess confessions and romance could be the sole exception to that.

A warm flush rises on his cheeks, mirroring my own- Although, I'm sure my face looks far worse than his own. "S-seriously?" His shocked expression morphs into one of a joyous disbelief, and it's quite flattering of him to react this way. As the years went by, he went from being a shy, adorable boy to someone who was stronger, more handsome, and more admirable.

But there are times when I get to see that cute, flustered side to him.

"Of course I want to date you. I like you a lot, (Last Name)-san." He replied, and both of us try to keep our composure as we embrace, softly smiling at the little cheers of the children.

"I like you a lot too, Yamaguchi-kun."

---

Author's Note: *cries in a hole* I hate having school again. I'm always so sleepy and tired now and I don't get enough time to write anymore and it's really upsetting.

I'm gonna slow down on writing and updating because I have to improve my writing style and edit as well because rereading my past works, I kinda just feel something is lacking and all. I also probably need to read more for inspiration and stuff, I haven't been reading a lot lately since I just watch videos or listen to music since it's easy to multitask that way.

this has less than 2k words this might just be my shortest one yet, or maybe its the iwaizumi one can't recall.

I LOVE THE IDEA OF A THIRD YEAR YAMAGUCHI IVE SEEN THE FAN ART AND I JUST AH

---

Status:
UNEDITED, as of June 21, 2016
THIS PART HAS NOT PUBLISHED ANYWHERE BUT ON WATTPAD, since June 21, 2016!
Amount of words in chapter, EXCLUDING the Author's Note and Status: 1,897, words

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

107K 1.3K 30
"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚕𝚎'𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗."
144K 1.4K 32
[discontinued] LITERALLT STOP READIB.F THUS 😭😭😭😭(2021) 2022- I hare everyone who said this was good it literally is worse than dreams face reveal...
4.9K 198 17
{complete} ✔️ "𝘉𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘐'𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥...
352K 7.1K 46
THIS BOOK IS SO CRINGE I WROTE MOST OF THE CHAPTERS IN 2019-2020 SORRY ᴜᴍ, ʀᴇQᴜᴇꜱᴛꜱ ᴀʀᴇ |closed| (ɴᴏᴛ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ; ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ) ʜᴀɪᴋʏᴜᴜ x ᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇᴍ...