The Hopeless Romantic ✔️

Od Sarahxox_16

A Hopeless Romantic dreams of who they will spend the rest of their life with and what their future will be l... Více

Chapter one.
Chapter two.
Chapter three.
Chapter four.
Chapter five.
Chapter seven.
Chapter eight.
Chapter nine.
Chapter ten.
Chapter eleven.
Chapter twelve.
Chapter thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter fifteen.
Chapter sixteen.
Chapter seventeen.
Chapter eighteen.
Chapter nineteen.
Chapter twenty.
Chapter twenty one.
Chapter twenty two.
Chapter twenty three.
Chapter twenty four.
Chapter twenty five.
Chapter twenty six.
Chapter twenty seven.
Chapter twenty eight.
Chapter twenty nine.
Chapter thirty.
Chapter thirty one.
Chapter thirty two.
Chapter thirty three.
Chapter thirty four.
Chapter thirty five.
Chapter thirty six.
Chapter thirty seven.
Epilouge.
Bonus Chapter.

Chapter six.

171 7 0
Od Sarahxox_16

I stared blankly at the face in front of me, not exactly sure what to say. He waited for my reply anxiously; I could already tell that the twelve pack of beer bottles was already weighing down his arm. "M-My refrigerator?"

He nodded. I could see the party in the background. The lights were flashing uncontrollably and people were gathered from everywhere to be here on a Friday night. "Yeah, we ran out of fridge space and these need to be cooled down."

He seemed so chilled out, not exactly drunk yet although, I knew he had at least a couple of drinks tonight. It was his party. "Uh, s-sure." I blushed a little and let him into the house. I really needed to stop the stuttering around cute guys otherwise I would be single forever.

He strolled into my house and noticed the kitchen straight away. I wondered why he hadn't gotten more than two refrigerators in his house, he was rich and he could probably afford it. There wasn't much space in my fridge, it only had milk, fruit and vegetables and other essentials.

"Nice place." He said, looking around before opening the fridge. I didn't know what to say because I knew he was lying. My house was not as nice as his big house but I think he was just being nice.

"Thanks." I said shyly, not sure where to stand. I felt awkward even in my own home, the awkward part was Jace being here and it made me a little shaky on the inside.

He opened the fridge and placed the beer right in the middle; I left the front door open and slowly strolled over to the kitchen bench that separated the living room from the kitchen. Once the beers were in the fridge, Jace closed the door and turned around with a thankful smile that sent shivers up my spine. "Thanks," he said coolly, "I'll pick them up later."

He was be coming back.

"Uh, no problem." I said with a small smile as Jace walked past me and out the front door. He closed it behind him and mom appeared in her bedroom doorway.

She gave me a smug look like she had witnessed everything. "Who was that?" She said in surprise while leaning against the doorframe and folding her arms.

"Just a guy from school, he needed to store some beers in our fridge." I explained, my smile grew even wider because something exciting just happened.

Should I thank the heavens now?

Mom appeared in the light and opened up the refrigerator, revealing the twelve pack of beers. "And did you tell his guy to turn the music down?" She closed the fridge and turned around, her smug still plastered all over her face.

"Of course not mom, it's Jace O'Connors! The most popular guy at my school who just happens to live across the road. I'm sure you were eavesdropping on our conversation and I couldn't even speak properly." I said with a dramatic sigh, hoping my life wouldn't be as stupid as this. Going crazy over a boy who didn't even know I truly existed in this world, how stupid was that? I couldn't get over him complementing my beanie and my house. My stomach turned happily and my face went a tomato red that only others could see.

"Ah, so you like this boy?" She said, her smug look becoming more like a smirk. I rolled my eyes and put my hands up in defeat, not wanting to have this conversation with my mother. Although, I would usually talk to her about these things but Jace was different.

"Pfft," I brushed her off, "no way! I don't even have the slightest chance with him. I have other things on my mind than some guy who wanted to use my fridge." I said with a blank look and mom knew that I was probably right although, she didn't say it.

"Oh, Avery," she beamed, "the right one will appear in your life like a wonderful dream and it might not be the most popular guy in school but he'll be popular to you and that's all that counts." I always loved to hear mom's little speeches that magically came out of her mouth.

"I know, mom." I said with a smile before leaving the kitchen. "Goodnight!" I called as I rushed off down the hall and into my bedroom where I closed the door and crashed onto my bed. I still heard the music booming and people laughing and somehow, I couldn't wait until he showed up at my doorstep again.

*

The same night, at two in the morning, a knock at my door echoed the place, waking me up. I somehow forgot about the party and put my earplugs in to block out the noise and I may have locked my door a little while after my mother went to sleep.

I forced my heavy eyes open and heard the knocking more sloppy and weak. "Avery!" I heard a slurred voice as I trailed down the hallway in my socks and my oversized jumper and warm sweatpants. I headed to the door, unlock it quietly and opened it. Gwen stood in my view. The party had died down; people were leaving and taking cabs while others seemed to be wondering the street. "I think I'm drunk." She giggled.

I shushed her and pulled her inside. "You'll wake up my mom," I took her to the couch in the living room and sat her down, "don't move, I'll get you some blankets."

This was a typical Friday night for me. I headed down into the hallway and opened the towel cupboard and got her a fluffy blanket and a spare pillow. I walked into the living room and noticed that Gwen has disappeared. The light from the fridge glowed in the dark as Gwen poked her head in. "Oh my God! You have beer!" She practically yelled.

I had completely forgotten that those were even in there and Jace had yet to pick them up. She took one out of the box and tried to open it. I stopped her just in time, put the beer back and closed the fridge door. "Gwen, shut up!" I dragged her back to the couch and dumped her on it and threw the blanket and pillow at her face. "Sleep." I ordered as I lied her down and covered her up with the blanket and placed the pillow underneath her head. She closed her eyes for a split second before reopening them again. I shook my head at how she could get drunk so easily.

Gwen coughed. "Avery?" She said my name slowly, I didn't reply. All I did was stand with my arms crossed as I waited for her response. "I love you, you're a good friend." She slurred and suddenly passed out from the crazy night she had.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled with a small smile before heading back into my bedroom to sleep. I crashed onto my bed and let sleep take over and I was hoping Jace came around to pick up his beers otherwise I would have to do it myself.

*

After Gwen's mom picked her up the next morning, the beers were happily sitting in my fridge and all my mom does was frown. "I prefer wine." She commented, closing the fridge door and turning to me as I was sipping a hot chocolate.

"He said he'd pick them up, stop stressing." I casually said, knowing that I would probably have to return them at some point if Jace didn't arrive.

"Okay," mom said, "I'm going out with a few friends for lunch. They better be gone when I get back otherwise they're mine." She said with a small smile while kissing me on the forehead and leaving for her bedroom.

I finished my hot chocolate ten minutes after mom left for lunch. She said she would bring me something back later but before that happened, I needed to return the beers but, I couldn't seem to leave the house. I took the beers and placed them onto the counter. Before I did anything else, I headed into my bedroom and put foundation on to cover up my terrible acne. Once that was done, I put my shoes on and took the cold beers and headed outside into the cold morning air.

I stared at his house. Only his R8 was parked in the driveway and it looked like there was never a party in the first place. The lawns were cleared of beer bottles and red plastic cups and the front porch and the garden looked like it hadn't been touched. My stomach began to twist and I sighed, mentally preparing myself for this small task that a five year old could do.

I made my way over, crossing the quiet road and heading onto the next pavement with a box full of beers in my hand. I hated doing this, this wasn't my thing. I could never get the confidence to knock on someone's door but I had no choice.

Up close, the house looked bigger than it did. The house was painted a nice shade of white with no dirty spots covering up the paint. Compared to the house, I was a mouse. I walked up to the front porch and noticed Jace's mother's perfectly laid out garden. Flowers grew and there were no weeds visible, I saw her gardening every other weekend.

I approached the door and took a long deep breath. I rung the doorbell and the anticipation was killing me as I waited for him to answer. Being the shy and quiet girl, I noticed a lot. His parents weren't home as their cars weren't in the driveway while Jace's car was.

I heard some movement inside of his house, cutting me off from my thoughts. The door flung open and there stood Jace wearing just plain boxer shorts with no t-shirt covering up his stomach. My eyes widened as I scanned his perfectly formed body which showed his six pack. I tried not to stare, my face already turning blood red.

Was I screwed or was I screwed?

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
7.5K 597 65
COMPLETED ♥ WARNING - This book includes swearing, and some sexual content. Do NOT read if easily offended. ♥ A girl runs away from her abusive home...
4M 86.6K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
658 60 12
An unknown boy who can't feel any emotions, is trying to find himself, trying to find the memories he's forgotten... Then a girl, Elisa appeared. He...