The Crown (Prince Harry fanfi...

Bởi SophiaJohnson255

Two years of marriage, Prince Harry and Lucy have gotten comfortable with their lives. It has been nice. With... Xem Thêm

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty-One
Acknowledgements

Chapter Sixty

1.9K 20 26
Bởi SophiaJohnson255

2 July 2027

The next day, Lucy was officially rested up enough to have visitors and be wheeled out to see her baby girls. Harry was with her and the babies all night, going back and forth. When she slept, Harry went and visited the girls. There hadn't been any problems since, so they were hopefully in the clear. Only time would tell.

In the morning, Harry wheeled Lucy into the intensive care unit to see her little girls, who were still labeled at Baby A, Baby B and Baby C. Lucy wanted to stand but was forced to sit to see her daughters at eye level. Baby A was first by being closest to the door, and tears threatened to fall from her eyes once again. Lucy didn't want that, but her daughters were the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Lucy smirked slightly, how she used to hate this feeling. She used to hate these moments, but now she longed for them. She longed to see this kind of beauty in the world. Baby B was just as beautiful. When Lucy came to see Baby C, who was smaller than the others, but she was just as beautiful. Lucy pressed her hand to the glass.

"Luce," Harry said quietly behind her, "I have to go get the boys. Will you be okay?"

She nodded.

Giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, he took leave.

Lucy sat in the room alone with her little girls breathing deeply through tubes. Their small bodies, one could fit in her hand, were sprawled out along the room. Harry went to get the boys, so they could meet their younger sisters. Hopefully they would've been okay with seeing their sisters like this, but Lucy knew her sons and they would be fine.

The boys had apparently been asking about their little sisters non-stop to Catherine and William and their cousins. The boys apparently asked whoever was in earshot, which included all nannies, butlers, maids and family member. Unfortunately for everyone, no one knew. The boys refused to go to sleep the previous night unless they talked to their parents. Harry talked to his sons but he didn't make them all calmer. It wasn't until Lucy took the mobile and smiled through the pain she felt that the boys were reassured. The boys asked about their little sisters, with Lucy's belly obviously gone, and she told the boys that they were fine. She didn't like to lie to her boys, but she didn't want to scare them. Lucy told them to sleep, but they only did that after they made her promise that they could see her tomorrow and their little sisters. Lucy agreed, since she missed her boys too.

Lucy didn't know how long she sat in the room, just listening to the machines, before the sound of running feet came from the hallway. Then the doors opened and the boys spilled in. Henry climbed up on his mum, and she swallowed a groan from the pain. Her arms curled around her younger son, holding him tightly. Freddie watched quietly from the side before his mum turned to him, extending her arms. She pulled him into her lap, kissing his head. Holding them close, Lucy didn't want to let go.

"I love you, Mummy," Freddie whispered.

"Me too," Henry said.

Kissing them again, her grip on them tightened. "I love you, kiddos, more than you'll ever know."

Harry watched his wife and sons for a moment, as the boys missed her more than him. It made his heart ache, surely, but he was happy for it. He knew that Lucy was a great mother, and always would've been.

"Mummy," Henry said, "are those our sisters?"

"They're very small," Freddie commented.

"Yeah, they are, but they'll get bigger," she promised them. "They'll be as big as you someday."

"What are our little sisters' names?" Freddie asked.

Lucy's eyes swept over to her husband, and Harry stepped forward. He pointed to Baby A. "That's Louise--"

"Louise?" Henry asked. "That sounds old."

Harry laughed and moved on. He pointed to Baby B. "That's Beatrice." The boys recognized that name after their aunt Beatrice. Harry pointed at Baby C, the smallest and frailest. "That's Emma."

"Will Emma be okay?" Freddie asked. She was the baby most tied into machines, with her very pink skin and tiny body. Her chest moved the most.

"We hope, kiddo." Lucy kissed her son's head. "We hope."

The boys stayed a little while longer, and everyone listened to the heartbeats of the babies. Henry curled against his mum and fell asleep quickly. Freddie stayed awake, even when his eyelids started to droop, as he wanted to stay alert for his younger sisters. Harry was impressed that neither of his sons were scared by the machines or hospital workings. They were quite calm, at least when they were with their mum.

Harry wheeled Lucy and the boys back to her room, before the boys left for Buckingham Palace again. Pausing beside his wife, he took her hands. "I'll be back in a little bit."

"Did they announce the birth?" Lucy referred to Kensington Palace.

"Yes, midday," he answered, "but not a lot of information was given. People will have questions."

"We leave the hospital tomorrow without our babies, and I know they'll be taken care of here well. By the time they get home, they'll be sleeping longer and schedules will be made. And I know that I don't need to worry, but their our girls, and we have to leave them."

"We'll visit every day."

Lucy nodded. "Get the boys back to Buckingham. They need their sleep."

Harry kissed her on the lips and took the already sleeping Henry and half asleep Freddie from the hospital. Lucy turned on the news and it was one of the first things to pop up: surprise triplet birth from royals! Of course it wasn't a surprise to the couple and people close to them, but how did the couple keep it a secret for so long? Lucy was already annoyed by such silly questions but she just listened.

"We received word today that the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, also know as Prince Harry and Lucy Smith, gave birth to triplet girls yesterday, on the first of July 2027. There is much speculation from the public about the health of the babies since there has yet to be pictures released. The babies were born yesterday, just after midnight. The names are Louise Amelia Margaret Smith, Beatrice Elizabeth Philippa and Emma Diana Rose."

*****************************

Hello. I know a week is a long time for me in between updates but thank for being patient as I traveled. I first went to Germany and then I went to London, which an interesting thing happened.

I should say interesting things, because I was in London when the whole United Kingdom got a new Prime Minister, so it was definitely a circus. But I also got to see 10 Downing Street, Parliament, Westminster Abbey and all the sites. I did go into Kensington Palace and took the tour. It was awesome and I learned a lot. I also went and touched the Buckingham Palace gates, which is a huge thing for me. (By the way, London in the nighttime is beautiful and I highly commend it.)

But the most interesting thing happened while I was outside of Buckingham Palace during the day, and bear with me. I tell the complete truth here without exaggerations.

We (my friends and I) were outside of Buckingham Palace, just looking at how beautiful it is, when I noticed that the flag was flying. For anyone who doesn't know, a flag is only flying at a royal residence when the Queen (or head monarch) is there. I thought it was odd because the Queen is supposed to be up in the Highlands at Balmoral for summer. So I tell them to my friends, and underneath the flagstaff is some windows that look out onto the square. And there was a person standing in those windows with the curtain drawn back.

It's a female, kind of looks like a granny, because she's short and somewhat stubby (sorry for lack of description there), with white hair that just frames her faces in curls. The woman is wearing some sort of white, if not that true color but something close, that's shimmery and nice. I point at the window and tell my friends, but by the time they look over, the curtain has fallen down again. And they think I'm crazy, but I swear I saw a person.

I assume it was just a maid or something, but then I started thinking about it. Maids still wear the standard uniforms, black and white. There wasn't any black I saw. Curators at Buckingham Palace wear red and blue outfits. No one is allowed to move or touch the curtains. (When going into a royal residence, you're not really allowed to touch anything.) So I just put this in the back of my mind for later.

We visit Buckingham Palace again, at night so we can see it all lit up, and that's when it occurs to me. The Queen was in London today for the Prime Minister. (It's something along the lines of the Queen has to offer the job to the new PM and then the new PM has to kiss the Queen's hand.) So that's why the flag was up, because the Queen is home in London. But if she's in London, that means she's at Buckingham Palace, and I saw a female in the window who looks very much like an elderly woman in some very nice clothes. And I don't know any other royals who are as old as the Queen and look like her.

So then I started crying because I was so excited that I saw the Queen, even if it wasn't through a window and she was easily a hundred yards away if not more.

I will take this story as my truth to the grave: I saw the Queen as she was looking down at the peasants outside Buckingham Palace.

Thank you, and happy reading.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

20.4K 610 8
-NOT ON TOTAL HOLD BUT I RARELY UPDATE SO IT MIGHT AS WELL BE CALLED ON HOLD- Once upon a time there lived a girl. The fairest maiden on her block. S...
17.8K 963 50
Their love story seemed to be perfect in everyone's eyes, right? He saved her in every way a person can be saved, after all. Then, would it remain...
130K 3.9K 74
Losing someone is never easy. Especially if it's your best friend. Being in love with that someone though, makes it even more complicated. * Harry an...
7K 208 13
THIS IS A BOYXBOY! IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE DON'T READ. I DO NOT ACCPET HOMOPHOBIC COMMENTS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT AT ALL! After being disown...