The Crown (Prince Harry fanfi...

By SophiaJohnson255

Two years of marriage, Prince Harry and Lucy have gotten comfortable with their lives. It has been nice. With... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Author's Note
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Acknowledgements

Chapter Fifty-Six

1.7K 25 12
By SophiaJohnson255

June 2027

Soaking in the water as long as she could, Lucy stared up at the ceiling in front of her. The bubbles in the bathtub were long gone and the water was cold now. It was quiet in the house, the first time in a long time, with the boys taken out to the park by Harry. When they came back, then everyone was forced into reality. Lucy closed her eyes. Underneath her tight and scarred skin of her stomach, the baby girls kicked like crazy. At least one was always awake, even when Lucy tried to sleep, and it was no different now. The little babies seemed to be duking it out.

"Luce," Harry called from the other side of the bathroom door before he entered. A smile bloomed across his face.

"I didn't hear you come in-- I didn't hear the boys come in," she corrected.

"Yeah, they're tired after all the fun they had today." He stood over her, watching her in the bathtub. "And the fun isn't over for them quite yet."

"So much for resting," she sighed with a smile.

"Do you want to call the whole thing off?" he asked.

"No, let the paparazzi take their pictures. Let the public see how massive I am. Let the bets be taken and money lost," she rambled on. "It'll only be a few hours of dancing anyway." Lucy held up her hands and Harry helped pull her from the bathtub.

"Happy birthday!" He kissed her on the lips, but then pulled back quickly. "Shit, you're freezing." Grabbing the towel, he threw it over her body and began to rub her down. "Think, Luce, you're almost old," he joked. Harry's hands took the time to run over her skin to make sure all of it was dry before she slipped into her dress for her 30th birthday party.

"You'll always be older."

Harry came face to face with his wife again. Now she was wrapped in a towel, but it didn't cover much of her skin. A mysterious smirk illuminated his face. Something hid behind his eyes. Lucy watched her husband carefully, unsure of his next move. For all the years of knowing him, she knew him well, but he liked to change it up. However, today wasn't the day. His lips landed on hers, but it stopped there. Gwen, Lucy's stylist, called from the bedroom for the Princess of Windsor. Harry took a step back before helping Lucy into the bedroom.

In the bedroom, getting ready for her ball tonight, Lucy's hair and makeup were done properly, the first time in a few months. Her dress was made in flows, nothing too tight, as the venue tonight promised to be on the chilly side. The flowing dress graced her body and the floor, but at least it was easier to walk in. Knowing Lucy's size was only going to grow, when the dress had been designed, it was supposed to be naturally long everywhere. She twirled, but at least it didn't fly up. Lucy also had the ability to sit down in the dress without it pulling. However, for the final touch, besides all of the jewelry and tiara, Lucy had to stand and walk in heels. Once inside the party venue, the shoes would've been replaced, but for now, she had to find her footing again.

But it wasn't like she lost it all. Harry was amazed how easily she managed to walk gracefully in heels, how her legs stretched on for miles and miles, never missing a beat. She easily moved around without hesitation because she knew how. Lucy only wobbled when she stopped walking, never sure how to stand properly.

Freddie and Henry were in matching little tuxes, now standing at almost five and three. The boys waited everyday for their little sisters to arrive in the world, but their parents could've waited a little longer. In their hands, they held red roses, Lucy's favorite, for their mum. She greeted her sons with kisses and hugs.

"You kiddos ready?" she asked.

Both nodded.

"There'll be chocolate cake," she added, but no more excitement was needed. Both of the boys practically ran out of the apartment.

The venue was at the British Museum, located in London, with tonight's guests ranging from royals to dignitaries to celebrities and everyone in between. Some of Lucy's family had been invited, but much like usual, none of them seemed to make it. Lucy's friend group had also dwindled down, to just other royals. If Lucy could do something over in her life, it would've been that. She didn't have too many friends to begin with, but it seemed to only have gotten worse and worse over the years. Lucy was so caught up in her duty to the monarchy and her husband and her kids to realize that she missed easy friendship.

Harry squeezed Lucy's hand as they arrived at the party. Cameras flashed and the boys rushed out of the car. Immediately they stopped when the bright lights came upon them. Both of them stood fearlessly in front of the paparazzi. Their names were screamed. They smiled. Harry stepped out next and checked the boys, both were fine. His hand dropped down and helped Lucy out of the car. The flashes of light increased as the family stood in the flooding of light. They moved up the red carpet.

The boys took some pictures with their parents before their parents stood alone on the red carpet. Freddie, the oldest, watched his father intently, mimicking how he looked at the cameras. His father smiled, always alight, even when he didn't like to be. Freddie knew this to be the truth. Freddie's dad held his mum tightly, showing the affection that he could. His mum didn't like public affection, but their hands never stopped touching each other. His father was protective of his mother, even though his mum could take on the whole world. Freddie heard stories here and there about his mum, how she changed all of the world.

The little boys rejoined their parents. Harry never let Lucy's hand drop; he picked up Henry to carry him. Freddie paused beside his mum and beckoned her down.

"Yes, kiddo?"

"Mummy, you're beautiful tonight." The words escaped his lips softly but she managed to hear them. A genuine smile crossed his mother's face. "I love you, Mummy."

"I love you, Freddie." Her long arm wrapped around his shoulders as she pulled him into the venue. The flashes of light disappeared in the back, along with the yells and chants. Freddie realized that all of it terrified him, but he pushed himself to be like his parents. His parents weren't scared of anything.

Inside, an orchestra played. The music filled the air. People danced and talked and laughed. The clanking of glasses played with the orchestra. All of it stopped as Harry and Lucy entered. The boys descended down the steps first and then turned back to their parents. Grace was Lucy. Eventually the music started up again. People danced again. Everything went back to how it was again. Freddie was pulled away by some of the other kids as they raced through people's legs and around the dance moves. All the kids disappeared into the crowd, and Henry was desperate to keep up.

Lucy's high heels were removed and flats were put on. "Much better," she moaned softly.

"Then," Harry stood, "may I have this dance?" He dropped his hand, which Lucy took.

Moving to the center of the room, his arms slid around her and the other held her hand. The space between them hovered with her stomach there. Harry wished to be close to his wife again. In this moment, she was more than stunning, glowing brighter than a thousand suns. But Lucy was always beautiful, a natural ability to her, even if she didn't think so. Harry didn't say those words because they were easy but it was true. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Nothing compared to her.

Slowly, Lucy's fingertips ran through his still ginger hair. His beard was back today, for her birthday, like she preferred it. It was bound to come off again by the time the babies were born. He smiled broadly with her personal touch. She breathed deeply and scrunched up her face.

Harry paused. "You okay?"

"Yeah, someone took a kidney shot." They continued to dance. "Harry, thank you for the life you've given me."

"It was always yours to take," he promised. "I belong to you and only you."

She smirked. "You're free, Harry, remember that. You can be whatever you want-- you can be whoever you want."

"My love is yours, Luce."

Her cheeks reddened. "You throw a good party."

"Siobhan did it honestly," he admitted. "I gave a few of my opinions about things but she did most of the work. But I think I did pretty well. I chose the venue and the decorations. Does that count?"

Lucy laughed. "You chose well with the venue."

"Only with the venue?" He arched an eyebrow. "Are you tired?" His blue eyes had grown wide.

"Harry," Lucy complained, "just forget about all of this. Forget about the boys for a second. Forget that I'm pregnant. Forget that we're married. Forget that you're royal. We're back to how we were all those years ago, when we were in Africa, and we danced all night."

"So many things have changed, and for the better."

"God, I hope so. No one wants to go through the same thing over and over again. That would be so boring-- we would boring. Don't let us be boring, Harry."

"You could never be boring. It's not possible."

"I meant you, Harry, don't be boring. I'm too amazing to be boring." Lucy batted her eyelashes. "Promise me you'll never be boring?"

"I promise."

"Good, so who chose the music?" She lowered her voice, "Because this shit is really boring."

"I'm putting that one on Siobhan."

"Did Siobhan choose the music?"

"Don't think about it." Harry twirled her and they continued to dance.

Thankfully, due to the pregnancy, Lucy had an excuse to get out of the party. She wasn't a party person, especially a party for her. It was one big congratulations for her surviving to her thirtieth birthday. It seemed like an impossible task, due to her past. Lucy was happy to have had her life with Harry. Lucy was happy with the life she had. Husband, wife and children left the party, as it continued on, and went back to Kensington Palace.

The boys were tucked into bed and Harry found Lucy changing in their bedroom. Harry removed his clothes and stood in front of her. Lucy smirked at him and waited. Harry seemed rather happy with himself.

"Happy birthday!"

Lucy flopped down on the bed after removing her clothes and Harry lied next to her, kissing her deeply. She just waited for him to get ready. Harry stopped; his face hovered about her. The more he looked at her, the more he loved her. He thought about the beginning, like he did a lot nowadays. There was something about her that seemed impossible and amazing. She was too beautiful and too wonderful, and too great and too good, for him. Harry wanted to do more than touch her. He wanted to worship her. He wanted to take his time with her.

In honesty, they didn't have enough time. Their boys slept next door. Soon enough, there would've been three little infants that never stopped screaming. Eventually, five children would've ran around, always needing their parents. It used to be simpler, when it was just Harry and Lucy, when it was just them in Africa, in the heat and sand, when they taught. The married couple knew in the blink of an eye the kids would be all grown up, but that seemed like such a far ways away. They had to be proper adults now, with actual responsibilities and lives.

Harry continued to smile down at her, before he came closer to her. Lucy's hands moved down and grabbed his firm ass, and it felt good. He let out a yelp and blushed. And like that Lucy celebrated her birthday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 16 18
Ava, fleeing from grief takes the trip of a lifetime where she meets an ordinary man... as far as she knows. A second love story - I've had this stor...
76.2K 1K 50
Prince Harry and Lucy have been married for fourteen years. Their lives together are perfect. Sometimes Happily Ever After doesn't happen. I don't kn...
360K 6.6K 67
Prince Harry spends his summer away from the public eye. He's trying to clean up his image. No longer will he be known as the Party Prince or Spare...
269K 4.9K 96
***Sequel to Summer in Scotland (Prince Harry #1)*** After spending the summer in Scotland and a summer with a certain prince, Meredith returns to he...