The Last Piece | BoyxBoy [CO...

By majestic-

Tobias just went through a breakup with a girl he's dated for years. The idea of him even being in a relation... More

Before You Start Reading. . .
Betrayal
First Day Of Senior Year
Peachy
Personal Space
We're Not Friends
Are you....
Red Room, Purple Room
Empty Bottle
Spin The DRAMA
The Morning After
Still Got Game
Secrets Revealed
Hot Cousin
Sensitive Topics
Memorable
Too Early To Leave Without A Kiss
Just One Text, And I'm There
Morning Breath
Cluttered Thoughts
Humiliation
Pride
2 Months Later
Hopeless Romantic
Deal
Go Get Your Man !
Homophobic
Stuck in The Past
Forgiveness
NOT AN UPDATE ! But a Story Pitch!
Make It Make Sense
Piece of Art
The FINAL Piece

Birthday Parties

17.1K 851 225
By majestic-

Ethan's POV

The day went by smoothly. I got all my work from my teachers and decided to once again, sit out in gym. Coach whatever his name is, told me the first day was a pass since I didn't know what the gym dress code was. Then he said after today, I would have to start changing regularly.

I already knew this was going to be the one class I would fail, P.E was and will always be my worst subject. I was water and gym was oil, we didn't mix.

I suck at every sport and practically don't know my left foot from my right. My balance is off and honestly, I applaud myself for managing to not trip and fall yet. So why change for a class I know I won't do good at?

But if I'm being honest, the only good thing about gym was having Tobias in this class.

At one point, Ronnie and I were talking about AP Physic, it was one of the classes we had together and the teacher had told us that there was a quiz coming up... Yes a quiz, please shoot me now.

As we were talking, Tobias came up. He was all sweaty from playing basketball but it wasn't a horrible sight to look at.

He looked a little pissed for some reason. He said hi to us normally and engaged in conversation with Ronnie, purposely leaving me out. I was a little confused as to why, Ronnie even tried to put me in the conversation but he would just dodge it.

Maybe something happened and he didn't want me to know...

So I awkwardly stepped away and spent the period, secretly using my phone.

________

Once the last bell of the day rang, I waited for my sister to pick me up.

My sisters got a job as a waitress nearby to start making her own money again. The move was hard for her too since she ended up having to leave her job. I always felt a bit guilty since the move was particularly because of me but after her countless reassurance, I learned to get over it. Usually her shifts end right before school ends and if she's near my school, she'll pick me up.

She texted me saying there was a little traffic but she was near my school. So I sat down and waited, minding my own business.

I killed time by going on PostIt. Angie had tagged me in a photo of her, Jake, and I we all took yesterday. The caption was "Besties" with multiple pink hearts. I double tapped the photo and saw a faded heart pop up. The like count went up to 38.

I was surprised by how high the number was since the post was just recently posted.

I clicked the likes and saw all the different users pop up. But out of all 37... There was only one that caught my eye.

@TeamTobias__

I was a little confused by the name but clicked the profile anyway. Suddenly the whole page lit up with all kinds of photos his posted. He had selfies, photos of nature, him working out, some of a dog, and the most recent one was of him and a little girl hugging.

The caption was "my sis is getting so big." So I knew it was his sibling. Just looking at the photo, all I wanted to do was double tap but I knew he would get suspicious on how I found his account, And I didn't want to have to explain how I'm a stalker and found him.

"Hey!" I looked up and saw the man himself.... Tobias. I flinched my phone screen away so fast, and locked the screen before he could recognized his profile on my phone screen, "you okay?"

"Y-Yeah." I said as I stuffed my phone away.

He sat down next to me and looked at his phone screen before putting it in his pocket. It was silent for a moment until he turned around to face me, with one leg laying on the bench.

"Are you good with kids?"

I was shocked by the sudden question and started laughing. Am I good with kids? Duh, they're like little drunk people that make you laugh. "What?"

"I mean— you don't find them annoying do you? Cause my sisters birthday is this weekend."

"No, I don't find them annoying. But what does me liking kids have to do with anything?"

"Well, my mom wants me to bring someone— one of my friends. And since Dylan is afraid of kids and Cameron has practice that day, I was wondering if......"

"Sure." I said with a smile. Why was Dylan afraid of kids? I have no idea but I'm glad he was cause then Tobias wouldn't be sitting here, inviting me to a kids birthday party.

Don't think anything about it, his inviting you as a friend.

"You sure? There's going to be a lot of kids and—"

He looked worried and I can tell it was because of his little sister and the whole birthday party. He was like the protective big brother every little girl wants.

"I'm sure." I said with a small laugh. I don't know why he was so worried, they're just kids,"How old is she turning?"

"Six."

"Awe. What's her name?"

"Tracy. She's a pain in the butt" he said with a chuckle. I smiled and thought of their names. Tracy and Tobias. That has a nice ring to it.

"Well, does she like anything?"

If I was going to meet her on her birthday, I wanted to get her something. Make a good impression.

"Oh no, you don't have to get anything. Just show up at my house."

"It's her birthday. I want to get her something. So, What does she like?"

He stayed quiet for a second, thinking of things she likes, I hope. His eyebrows scrunched in to the point where you could see the lines form in between, "she uh, she likes drawing. She does it a lot."

I smiled once I heard him say she liked to draw.  I loved to draw so it was nice knowing me and his sister had something in common.

I started drawing around her age, maybe even younger, and I remember experimenting with so many materials, to the point where my floor would be covered in color pencils, crayons, and even dried up water colors. Just thinking about that, I had the perfect gift in mind.

"Ethan, you don't—"

"I want to. And I'm going to."

He looked up at me and smiled.

In that moment I wanted to melt just by the way he was looking at me and the way he blindly played with his fingers.

But then the images of him and that girl from this morning, popped up into my head. It was like my mind was giving me a reality check and telling me that, the way he was looking at me right now.... wasn't special.

I looked away and closed my eyes. I had to think about something before my emotions got the best of me. I had just met him, we're friends for god sakes... I can't like him.

I felt my phone vibrate and thankfully I knew it was my sister. So I gathered my things and stood up.

"I— I uh, have to go."

"Yeah, I should be heading out too."

He got up and we both simultaneously walked at the same pace. We were so close, that our shoulders were touching and I could feel goosebumps rise up my arm as the memory of the last time we touched, crossed my mind.

I shook the thought out and started walking a little faster and pushed open the door before he could get to it. I could hear him mumble but I had rushed to the car so fast, I didn't get a catch to hear what he had said.

"Hey." Emily said once I got inside. I said hi while I buckled my seatbelt and looked out to see Tobias walking up to the car.

"Shit, shit, shit." I whispered under my breath. I can't look at him or even touch him without thinking about that night. It's obvious it doesn't affect him, so why does it affect me? It was a kiss. An awesome kiss I just want to forget ever happened.

"What's wrong?—" Emily asked, right has Tobias came up to the car.

"So, I'll text you my address, or you can send me yours and I'll come get you."

"No, it's fine. My sister can drop me off."

"Okay, well it's this Saturday. What's your number so—"

"You want my number?" I interrupted. Why would he want my number? I mean, there's no reason for us to talk. I probably wouldn't even know what to talk about... Chicken nuggets? Oh that sounds good. Maybe I'll ask Emily if we can stop by— oh my gosh, stop talking.

"Yeah." He said, "Unless you want me to write down my address and give it to you now?"

"No, I'll probably lose it." I said with a nervous smile. I knew my sister was listening in on the conversation and was probably thinking so many things. I ignored her presence and gave him my number before waving him a small goodbye.

Once he walked off, I let out a big sigh and turned to my sister, who had a big grin on her face.

"Start talking, now."

_________
A/N
Little filler chapter for the next one:)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316 9 7
his first day at new school didn't go as well as mark planned. He's had many problem in the past, due to his sexuality. He thought they would accept...
38.9K 2.3K 30
Toby Wentworth's life is a clusterfuck. For a lot of reasons. And one of them just happens to be the fact that he is very gay, and also so far in the...
14.4K 365 19
"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked, confused. Did I have something on my face or what? Weirdo. "You..." He trailed off, without finishing...