Four Guys But One Me

By Liadne_14

"You have to choose one of us Mack," Chase said. I was looking at all of them standing, staring at me, waitin... More

Important
Prologue
New Guy
Football Party
Fall Carnival
Recovering
Prisoner
Runaway
Playing Cupid
Costumes & Freaks
Bestfriends Birthday
Heartbreak and Headaches
Grieving
Christmas Favors
Journey In New York
Gone
Complications
The Bad Boy's Back
Exams Aren't The Death Of Me
Four Guys But One Me
Irony
Where You Stand
A New Beginning
Mixed Feelings?
My New Bad Boy
Him
Problems
The Truth Comes Out
Moving In and Figuring It Out
Epilogue
Bonus
A/N

Tutoring the Bad Boy

12K 290 189
By Liadne_14

(Edited on October 14, 2014)

Chapter 2: Tutoring The Bad Boy

I rode to school with the girls and took Chase with us.

"I saw Jason's status last night" Chase said.

"Who hasn't?" I asked. They've been asking me non-stop what I'm going to say to Jason, I honestly don't know what I'm going to do about it.

"Is it about you Mack?"

"Yeah, it's about her" Aly said turning back from the passenger seat.

We arrived at school and got out of the car. "So what are you going to do?" Chase asked

"I don't know and I really don't want to talk about, okay?" I asked, begging him to stop questioning me.

He nodded. "Okay."

I ran to my locker to get my trig book, again, I always forget it. I closed my locker and turned then I got hit by something hard. Again.

"Seems like you can't get enough of me." I looked up to see Connor.

"What do you want?" I scowled at him.

"What you're not happy to see me?"

"Connor, I have to get to class."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

The bell rang

"I've got to go." I walked away only to feel an arm on my shoulder. I looked to see who it is. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Walking to Trig." He answered.

"You don't have trig." I pushed his arm off my shoulder and walked into class.

"Ms. Martin, I need you tutor Mr. Mitchell. He has been transferred to this period." Mr. O'Neil said as I walked in.

"You have to be kidding me" I muttered.

"I'm sorry but it's true. You maybe late to class a lot but you and Cera are the only ones who got a 100 on the last test."

"What about Cera? Why can't she tutor him?"

"She's helping Mr. Larson."

"Fine." I sat at my regular seat, slumping down and crossing my arms.

"What's Connor Mitchell doing here?" Cera asked.

"He transferred to this class and I have to tutor him" I said in an annoyed voice. I rolled my eyes and slumped back further into my seat.

"Whoa, I thought you would be thrilled when you heard the news." I turned to see him with his legs up on the desk, his arms behind his head, while rocking in his chair.

"What do you mean? I'm ecstatic." I said in a cheery voice "Not " with a deadpan look towards him, pushing his legs off the desk then I turned back around.

"Come on, princess. You're going to love it." He whispered into my ear, sending chills down my back.

"I don't think I will." I crossed my arms.

"I think you will." His warm breath on the back of my neck.

During Chemistry, Connor kept looking back giving me smirks. We were doing like a partner experiment.

"Hey, Jack. Do you mind switching partners?" Connor asked as he came over to our table.

"Um..."

I cut him off "Don't worry I don't mind being partners." Connor grew a smile. "With Chase." I smiled.

"Actually I-" 

"Don't worry about it." I patted his back as I walked over to Chase, seeing that he knew what I did there.

The bell rang for Break

"Did you enjoy your partner?" I asked as I walked by Connor.

"You're clever, you know?" Chase said.

"I know." I wiped my hair off my shoulder.

"And you're very cocky."

"And that's why I'm your Bestfriend." I smiled widely at him.

"Hey, Princess." I turned around and I was pinned to the wall by the quad. "I'll meet you for tutoring after school." Connor said, giving me a smirk.

"What makes you think I would do it after school?"

He leaned in closer, our faces only inches apart. "Because I know you wouldn't want to do it during your school time."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll meet you by the parking lot." I walked under his arm seeing everyone's eyes laid on me.

I walked away trying not to look at people and sat next to Cera.

"What was that all about?" she asked me.

"The tutoring stuff." I shrugged.

"It looked like it was more than that."

"What did it look like?"

"From this angle," she cocked head to the left "A make out session." she nodded then looking at me.

"Well, it wasn't."

Drew came over and sat with Aly "Mack, your brother's looking for you."

I walked over to my brother noticing Jason's eyes widen and straight at me.

"What now Mike?" I asked, irritated because I always have to walk over every time he wants something.

"I saw you with Connor. Are you guys dating? If you are mom will be-"

I put my hand up so he could stop talking. "I'm not dating Connor. I don't want anything to do with him but I have to tutor him after school, so I'll be home late."

"If he does anything to you, tell me."

"Calm down bro, he's not going to do anything to me."

"Okay."

"Okay, see you at home. Oh and don't forget to tell mom."

The bell rang

I walked into the locker room seeing my path blocked again by Brook. Why can't this she witch devil get out of my way?

"Well, well, well. First Jason, then Jack, now Connor. Mackayla, you're a slut"

"I'm not a slut like you, Brook. You're the one that made out with Jason when I was still with him. I'm not dating Connor and I wasn't with Jack. So if you excuse me, I'm going to change for class" I walked past her and I could feel her eyes trying to burn a hole in my head.

"Seriously, that girl needs to back off." Aly said leaning against the lockers.

"I wouldn't bother with it, really."

"Why not? She's been bagging on you since freshmen year."

"She's only doing that to fill her empty void."

"Fine then, I won't try to sucker punch her."

"Aly, you don't know how to sucker punch." 

I forgot my book in my locker. I should really organize myself. I rushed to get to class but it was too late the second bell rang and the hall monitor gave me a pass for detention.

When I got to the detention room, the teacher was sound asleep. I placed the pass on the desk and went straight for my desk.

"Hey, did you miss me already?" Connor said with his hands in the air.

"Yeah, I did. I couldn't stand being more than 1 class period away from you." I said with a girly voice. I turned around and sat in my desk my regular desk when I get detention.

"Dude, Connor, she's funny. Why haven't we talked to her before?" I heard Blake ask. One of Connor's friends or shall I say Connor's only friend.

"So you excited for after school?" he whispered into my ear.

"About that..." I turned around "Since we're here, why don't I tutor you now?"

"No way, princess." he leaned back "Detention time is my time."

"And you wonder why your failing trig." I muttered.

"What's that suppose to mean?" he leaned towards me.

"It means, you spend most of your time in detention than in your regular classes."

"Well, that's not my fault."

"Then I'm guessing its Blake's fault."

"Whoa, don't drag me in this, Mackayla." Blake said with his hands up.

"No," I looked back at Connor.

"What are you in for this time, huh?" I asked.

"That's for me to know."

"Whatever." I turned back around.

"Oh and princess, we're doing the tutoring at my house." The bell rang "Can't wait to see you there." he winked at me then left the room.

I was walking to our table with Cera in the cafe, I told her what happened in detention

"Wait, you're going to Connor Mitchell's house?" Cera asked as we sat down.

"Sadly."

"Wait, how are you going to get there, you don't have a car?"

"I don't know, walk maybe?" I shrugged taking a bite of my nugget.

"I heard the news." Chase sat next to me "You're going to Connor Mitchell's house?" he picked at my nuggets but I slapped his hand away.

"Wait, how did you know that?"

"Word gets around,"  he snatched one and shoved it in his mouth, taunting me that he took it from my tray. Isn't my bestfriend just wonderful?

"You're going to the bad boys house?" Aly asked as she sat down next to Cera.

"Seriously, someone should make a sign." I threw my hands up.

"Mack, your brother's looking for you." Liam said as he came over.

"Uh okay" I stared at him

"Hey sis, you have some food for me?"

"Here." Cera said, throwing a fry at him

"Ow, Aly." she kicked me again. I swear I'm going to lose a leg because of this chick.

"Your brother, remember?"

I nodded and walked over to Mike.

"What now? You know you can send a text to call me over or walk over there yourself, instead of making Liam or Drew do it."

"You're going over to Mitchell's house?" he asked me with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, so I can tutor him, remember? We had this conversation earlier today."

"You said you were tutoring him, not going to his house."

"Chill out, Mike. I can protect myself and I don't plan on doing anything but tutoring."

"You better."

"Take a chill pill, would ya?"

I walked away and seeing at the other side of the cafe was Connor smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and walked back to my table.

"What happened with your brother?" Cera asked.

"Just another person freaking on how I'm going to Connors house."

"Hey Mack, what happened to you? You weren't in English class." Jack asked sitting next to Cera.

"The bell rang when I was getting to class, I was caught by the hall monitor and got detention."

"Again." Chase said, making me slap him.

After school, I was waiting in the parking lot for, like, 20 minutes.

"Man, where is he? If he doesn't show up, I'm going to kill him." I said to myself. 

I looked at my watch it was 3:15. Oh gosh, I'm so freakin bored.

"That's it." I got up and started walking.

"Hey princess. I thought you told me to meet you here." I turned around to see Connor on a motorcycle.

"You're late, you know?"

"Something came up." he held out a helmet "Hop on."  

I grabbed the helmet and got behind him.

"Hold on" He said as I held his shoulders.

"Yeah, yeah. Just drive, would ya?"

We got to his house it was huge looking at the outside. "Hey princess, are you coming inside or what?" I walked inside "You know, you're the first girl who wasn't scared to ride on my motorcycle."

"Well, I'm not like most girls." I said as my eyes wandered around.

"So I've heard," he grabbed my hand "Come on, we're going to work upstairs." I swear this place is huge. We walked inside what I assume is his room but there were no clothes or posters anywhere.

"Make yourself comfortable." He said throwing his jacket on the bed.

I sat by his window looking at the backyard. It was nice, there was a pool, fountains, and a pool house.

"Connor? You home?" a lady asked as she opened the door. I'm guessing his mom. "Oh, I didn't know you have company." she walked towards me "Hi, I'm Connor's Aunt Lucinda." holding her hand out. Oh his Aunt, scratch the mom thing.

"I'm Mackayla Martin." I said shaking her hand.

"So do you guys need anything?" I shook my head.

"We're fine, Aunt Lucy" Connor said standing by the door, waiting for his aunt to leave.

"Okay, tell me if you need anything." She said as she left the room. I was looking at Connor, wondering why he's living with his aunt.

"You live here with your Aunt?" I asked.

"Yeah," He simply answered.

"What happened to your parents?"

"Let's get started, shall we>" he clapped his hand together then pulled out his text book, ignoring my question.

"Um okay," I pulled out my book "What do you need to work on?" He shrugged "Okay, let start with Chapter 5 then."

An hours later, I wasn't tutoring him anymore. We were laughing and just talking like we knew each other forever, laying on his bed.

"You seriously ran up to a guy in a dog costume and pulled off his tail?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I knew he was fake, I just wanted to prove it to Chase."

"You're right, you aren't like other girls."

"And that's what makes me interesting." he kept laughing "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"You're obviously smart, you got everything in less than an hour. How come you don't get it in school?"

"Because Mr. O'Neil is boring, the way you teach is fun." I'm fun that, coming from the bad boy has to be true.

"Why are you living with your Aunt?"

He stopped chuckling "Um... My parents died when I was 7. They got into a car accident and my Aunt took me in"

"Connor, I'm so sorry" Now I know why he acts up in school.

"It's okay, my Aunts been taking care of me, so it's like I have a mom still."

"What about your uncle?"

"He owns a big company so I barely see him."

"My dad's in the Navy, he travels a lot. I miss seeing him" I laid down.

"Now I have a question for you." he said as he laid down next to me.

"Hit me."

"What are you going to do about Reed?"

I sighed. "I don't know, I haven't talked to him since that party." I yawned.

"What if he ask for you back?"

"I don't know. I think he lost his chance when he made out with Brook. Out of all people, Brook had to be the girl to make out with."

"Would you prefer a guy to make out with him?"

I chuckled "No, it's just Brook and I don't get along very well." I yawned again "It's like she needs to have what I have."

I felt an arm hugging my waist, I pulled it closer to me and hugged it. I opened my eyes to see I wasn't in my room.

"Crap." I yelled as I sat up.

I heard a groan, I looked to see it was Connor. I pulled out my phone and it was 6:30. I had 2 missed calls and 4 messages.

Mack, where are you, mom is freaking out?     -Mike

Mackayla Marie, where are you?    -mom

Your mom called me, she's looking for you. Where are you?    -Chase

Mack, your mom is freaking out, she wants to know where you are    -bff Cera

I got up and grabbed my stuff.

"What's going on?" Connor asked, sitting up.

"What's going on is that we fell asleep and my mom is looking for me. I'm supposed to be home for dinner right now" I explained as I put on my shoes.

"Okay, calm down. I'll drive you home."

When we got to the house, I didn't want to get off Connor's bike. I don't want my mom yelling at me because I came home late.

"Princess, you have to get off my bike sometime." I got off and handed him the helmet back.

"Thanks for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow." I walked slowly to my front door.

Once I was inside, it was quiet. I saw that they were in the dining room.

I walked slowly towards it "Okay mom I'm sorry I'm late it's just that.... Dad!" I ran and hugged him.

"Hey sweetie."

"I missed you." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I missed you too."

I pulled away "I'm sorry I'm late, it's just, I was tutoring someone and time got away from us-"

"It's okay, at least your here now." he sat down "Okay, let's eat now."

"You guys didn't eat yet?" I asked as I sat down next to dad.

"No, we were waiting for you" Mike said.

"I didn't want to start dinner without my Mackaroon." I hugged dad again.

"That was good honey" my dad said as he patted his stomach.

I was putting the dishes away, while Mike washed them.

"Did he do anything to you?" Mike whispered.

"No, he didn't and he's not a bad guy you know."

"I'll believe it when I see it."

"Defensive much?"

"I just don't want my little sister to get hurt."

"Well, you should've done something when Jason was smacking lips with Brook."

"I did. After I heard what he did, I gave him a bloody nose."

"Thanks. Oh and did you hook up with Brook?"

"No, I would never date her. She's not my type."

"You have a type?"

"Yeah,"

"Mack, Mike, come here. I have a surprise for you guys." Dad yelled from the living room.

"What's up?" I said as I got into the living room. He was holding presents.

"What is it?" Mike asked, shaking the box. I rolled my eyes and shoved him.

"Open it and see." Dad answered.

"Cool, iPhone 5's. Thanks dad." I hugged him. I stared at my blue and pink iPhone 5S.

"Well, is getting late, we should all go to bed." Dad said.

I took a shower, went to my room, then changed into my pajamas. I flopped on my bed and looked at my new phone.

"Mackayla, did you take your insulin today?" Mom asked by the door.

Oh, didn't I mention I have diabetes?

"I'm taking it now, mom." I injected the needle.  Funny I hate needles yet I have to use them. The only ones who know about it is my family, Cera, Chase, Aly, yes Jason, and Brook. She was my friend in Middle school of course she's going to know.

After that, I laid in my bed looking at the ceiling. I couldn't help but miss Connor's arm hugging me while I was asleep. I miss having that special someone wrap their arms around you and hold you close hoping that they would never let go.

On my way to Trig, I told Cera everything that happened. Except for the Connor's parents and Aunt thing.

"You slept in his bed?" She gaped and I nodded "While he was in it?"

"Yes, Cera."

"And he was hugging you?"

"Yes, Cera."

"How did that happen?"

"Well, we were in his room-"

"You went into his room?"

"Yes, that's how I slept in his bed. Now, can I finish explaining?" she nodded "We were in his room I was tutoring him, then we just started talking and we fell asleep somehow."

"How did it feel?"

"How did what feel?"

"His arms, when he was hugging you in his sleep."

"It felt like I never wanted him to let go." I answered honestly.

"Mack, is he the guy you like?"

"No C, I never talked to him until Jack came. I keep telling you I don't like anyone." I tucked my bangs behind my ear.

"Fine then, tomorrow's Friday, after the game is the party. I'll find out who it is."

"Fine, whatever, don't believe me."

"Mack, I know when your hiding something and it's about someone you like."

"Hey Princess," I looked to see Connor standing next to my desk "How did it go with your mom?"

"It was okay, my mom didn't yell at me or anything but my dad was there and I got..." I held up my phone. I know I'm showing off but they want to know what happened last night.

"An iPhone 5?" Cera gaped at the sight of my new phone.

"Yeah, Mike got one to."

"Okay class, take your seats." Mr. O'Neil said shutting the door behind him.

"Hey Princess, did you miss me last night? I bet you couldn't sleep without me." he whispered in my ear.

"No, but I bet you missed me." I smiled.

He was about to reply but Mr. O'Neil told us to stop talking or else its detention. I would be fine with detention if it means I get away from Connor, but then again, he practically lives in detention. If I go he'd probably follow.

We took a test, As usual Cera and I were finished first.

"So what are you wearing to the party?" she asked.

"Shorts and a tank top. What about you?"

"I don't know yet. Can I come over tomorrow so I can borrow something?"

"Sure- wait why can't you find an outfit? You have really good clothes."

"I just want to try something new, that's all" she started to play with her hair.

"No way, who is he?"

"What are you talking about, Mack?"

"The guy you like, who is he?"

"No one."

"Girls. if you don't mind. some of us are trying to take a test." Connor said.

I gave him a deathly glare "Cera, who is he, tell me." I whispered to her.

"I'll tell you, if you tell me who you like."

"Please Cera, he's sitting right here." Connor said.

I turned to him "Okay, that's a lie." then I turned back to Cera "I keep telling you, I don't like anyone." I tucked my bangs behind my ear.

"Fine, I won't tell you." she crossed her arms.

The rest of the period was boring. Every time I would ask her who he is, she would just ignore me.

The bell rang and I was the last one to leave.

"Ms. Martin," I walked to Mr. O'Neil's desk.

"What's up?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Helping Mr. Mitchell. Thanks to you, he got a 90." 

"So does this mean I can stop tutoring him?" I asked with a big smile.

"Not exactly," my smile faded "He still has to turn in assignments you need to help him with." 

"Mr. O'Neil, why can't you help him with that?"

"Ms. Martin, I have over 100 students, I have papers to grade, and teaching plans every day. I have no time, I'm sorry, when he turns in all his assignments then you can stop helping him, but until then you're stuck with him."

"Fine," I walked out of the classroom and rushed to Chemistry.

"What took you so long?" Chase asked as I sat next to Jack.

"Mr. O'Neil held me back," I turned to see Jack was taking down notes "Hey are you going to the game tomorrow?"

"I don't know, maybe."

"Well, you should go, there's a party after."

"I'll think about it."

"Hey princess," Connor was standing in front of me "I'll meet you in the parking lot after school."

"Why?"

"Tutoring." he whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"Nothing, so the parking lot, okay?"

"Whatever,"

I went to my locker after class. While looking in the mirror, my locker door was slammed shut and I was turned around.

"What are you-"

"Shh." he put his finger over my lip "I'm sorry for all of the secrecy."

I pushed his finger away "Connor, what's going on?"

"Who did you tell about the tutoring?"

"Just Cera."

"Who else?"

"No one." I tucked away my bangs.

"Then why is everyone talking about you going to my house yesterday?"

"I don't know, everyone already knew I was going to your house but they didn't ask about the tutoring."

"Good. So, princess, did you miss me last night?" he moved closer to me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. I bet you couldn't sleep without me."

"I slept perfectly fine."

"That's not what your bags are saying." I blushed a little.  

"You're so full of yourself, you know?"

"If you look like...." he took a step back and gestured to his body "this, then of course you would be full of yourself."

"I get it, you have a big ego. Can I go now?"

"I heard he's talking about you."

"Who?"

"He's going to talk to you after the game."

"Jason, of course."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"I don't know."

"Well, when he does talk to you keep this in mind." he leaned down and gave me a soft kiss, that felt nice and made my lips tingle a bit. "See you after school." he winked and walked away.

I put my fingers on my lips thinking it was great and 'what just happened?' Did I just kiss Connor Mitchell, as in the Bad Boy of Jefferson High?

I turned to go to the quad but I saw Jason standing there with a disappointed look on his face. I turned the other way and started to walk to the gym for the next class.

"He kissed you?" Aly asked as she tied her hair.

"Yeah."

"And Jason was there?" I nodded "Wow, you got 2 guys hung-over you. Make that 3, if you count Jason."

"So Jason and I think Connor. Who's the other guy?"

"Jack of course." She said, giving me a 'duh' look.

"What? That's crazy. I've only known him for 3 days."

"Yeah, same with Connor." I rolled my eyes "It's good to know you're out there at least."

"Aly, I've been out there for awhile." I know I seem so bipolar on if I'm out there or not, it's just I don't know what to do.

"Mack, you need to get over that. If Cera finds out, she'd kill you."

"I can't help it if I like her brother." I walked out of the locker room.

"Yes, you can think about the other 3 guys instead of Liam."

"Um, I don't think so. Jason hurt me, Connors the schools bad boy plus he's annoying, and half of the girls in this school is drooling over Jack."

"Still Mack, out of all guys, you pick him."

"Sorry."    

The whole class period, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss and how Jason was standing there when it happened. Good thing we weren't playing any sports during gym or else I could've got hit in the face with a ball.

Lunch came and I was sitting by myself the gang didn't come yet.

"Hey Princess, thinking about me." I lifted my head to see Connor smirking at me.

"No. Where's Blake?"

"He's home, sick."

"Your only friend is home sick and you're lonely, so you decide to bother me?"

"Whoa. I thought I was full of myself."

"Connor, why don't you bother someone else? I bet Brook's lonely."

"No, I don't talk to sluts like her."

"You and every guy in this school but she acts like they praise her. She has a bigger ego than you." He chuckled "Can we make your tutoring quick today?"

"Why?"

"Well, my dad's leaving tomorrow and I want to spend time with him."

"I have a better idea. I'll catch you later, princess." he got up.

"Wait, what's the idea?" he smirked at me and left.

"Was that Mitchell?" Chase asked as he sat next to me.

"Yeah,"

"What did he want?"

"I don't exactly know," Jack and Cera came over they were talking about something. Cera was smiling like an idiot "Hey guys, whatcha talking about?"

"Nothing," Cera said sitting across with me.

"So Jack, you going to the game?"

"Yeah." He answered.

"Great." 

"Mack." I turned to Chase.

"What's up?"

"I heard Jason is going to do something big for you after the game."

"I know, I heard it earlier but I don't think it'll happen."

"Why not?"

"I just have a feeling." After what happened in the hallway, I don't think he'll do anything anymore.

The bell rang

"Cera, can I talk to you really quick?"  

"What's up?"

"What's up is you and Jack. He's the guy you like, isn't he?"

"No." she started to walk away.

I pulled her back to face me "Please Cera, you're worst than me when trying to hide something."

"Mack, that's crazy."

"Is it, really?"

"No." she hung her head.

"So he's the one you want to impress at the party?"

"Yeah, please don't tell anyone."

"Okay."

After school, I waited for Connor in the parking lot.

"Princess, let's go." he patted the back of his bike. I got on and held his shoulders "So where do you live?"

"Ten blocks from here, why?"

"You'll see."

I was confused when we pulled up to my driveway "Why are we at my house?" I asked as we got off the bike.

"Well, you wanted to spend time with your dad and you still have to help me with my assignments. I thought we should just do it here."

"Thanks, come on." I grabbed his hand and walked inside to see dad watching tv on the couch.

"Mackaroon, your home."

"Mackaroon?" Connor whispered.

"That's his nickname for me." I whispered back to him "Hi dad." I hugged him.

"Is this your boyfriend? What happened to the other one? What's his name? Jason?"

"Dad, Jason and I broke up months ago. This is Connor, he's not my boyfriend, he's the one I'm tutoring."

"It's nice to meet you, sir." he shook dad's hand.

"We're going to my room, okay?"

"Okay. No funny business" Dad pointed at me

"Yes, dad."

We went up to my room threw my bag on my bed.

"Your dad seems nice," he said as he looked around my room "You two close?" he picked up a picture frame of Dad and I "I'll take this as a yes." he said as he put it back down.

"I guess you can say I'm daddy's little girl."

"So, Mackaroon, huh?"

"Yeah, lame, right?" I flopped on my bed.

"No, I like it."

"Well, make yourself comfortable I'll be back." I said before leaving the room. "Hey mom." I greeted as I walked into the kitchen. I kissed her on the cheek as she prepared dinner.

"Your father told me you have a friend here."

"Yeah his name is Connor, I'm tutoring him for Trig."

"Okay. No funny business."

"I know, dad told me already." I grabbed two bottles of Gatorade and some chips then went upstairs

"I got some-" I saw something in his hand as he put I behind his back "What's in your hand?"

"Nothing."

I took a step closer to him "Connor, what's in your hand?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know." he held out my insulin.

"What are you doing snooping around my stuff?" I threw the snacks on my bed and grabbed it, then put it back into my drawer.

"Mack, I'm sorry, the drawer was open and I was going to close it." he put his hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry" he looked at me sincerely.

I pushed his hand off my shoulder "This is why I don't tell people."

"Why not?"

"Because if they find out, they'll treat me differently."

"How?"

"Some people might treat me like I'm an outsider, others might treat me like I'm handicap" I looked down trying not to show my watery eyes.

"I'm pretty sure people won't treat you like that."

"Connor, you don't know what it's like. You..." I sighed "don't understand."

"I'm sorry."

"This is exactly why I don't tell people. They'll treat me like this when they find out. They change their attitude towards me right away."

"It's okay, I promise I won't treat you like that." I nodded "Okay nerd, let's get to work." 

"Thanks."

"No problem. Come on, I have seven assignments to turn in."

"Okay, okay."  

We were working on his fourth assignment. He got everything down pretty quick. He would say the questions and answer them. I held up my phone and started to record him, his head was down so he couldn't see me recording him.

"So the answer is..." he looked up at me. "What are you doing?"

I turned it off and put my phone in my lap gripping it "Nothing."

"Mack, give me the phone."

"No,"

"Mack, give it to me." he came closer to me holding his hand out.

"No, it's okay." I got off the bed and started backing away  towards the door.

"Mackayla, come on." he got off and started walking towards me.

"You have to catch me first." I ran out of my room and down the hall.

"Mack, come back here."

"No," he tackled me and pinned me to the ground.

"Now give me your phone."

I gripped it even more "No, don't worry about, it is not like I'm going to post it online or anything..maybe" I mumbled.

"I can't take that chance, princess." he started to tickle me then grabbed my phone and got up "Damn it, you have a password."

I got up "Thank you," I said as I grabbed it from his hands and ran downstairs.

"Mack, come back here."

"Not a chance." Once I reached the bottom,  he grabbed my waist and lifted me.

"Now, give it back."

"No, now put me down" He tickled me even more.

"What's going on and what is he doing here?" Mike asked as he stood at the door with his duffle bag on the floor next to him.

 "I'm tutoring him." I said as Connor put me down.

"It doesn't look like tutoring to me." he crossed his arms.

"We were taking a break .Relax, Mike" I chuckled.

"Mack, go to your room."

"Why? You can't tell me what to do." I crossed my arms.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked, coming in between us.

"Mike is being uptight, he told me to go to my room." I complained.

"I just wanted to have a talk with Connor." He answered.

"Why so you can-"

"Mack, that's enough. Come on, you two should go upstairs and finish your work." I nodded and started walking up the steps with Connor behind me.

"Connor, will you be joining us for dinner." mom asked.

He looked at me. "I don't think I should."

"Come on stay." I said to him. I glanced at my brother, he shook his head, glaring at me.

"Okay." Connor finally answered.

"Okay, be down in an hour." mom said.

"What's the deal with your brother?" He asked as we entered my room.

"He's overprotective. Since my dad's barely around, he keeps a close eye on me."

During dinner, kept a glaring look on Connor.

"So Connor, how do you and Mack know each other?" dad asked trying to break the awkwardness.

"I have her for Trig and Chemistry."

"Don't forget detention." Mike mumbled. "Ow! Mack did you just kick me?"

"Well, it wasn't the table." I spat out.

"Enough you two." dad barked at us.

"Why does your brother hate me?" Connor asked as we did the dishes, drying the ones I hand him.

"I think it's because you're a bad influence."

"How would he know that?"

"You are a bad influence." I stated.

"Aw princess, that hurts." he rubbed his chest I splashed him with water. "That's not nice."

"Who said I was nice?"

"Whoever told you you were nice was lying."

"Well, it's true when people call you a jerk."

"Whoever told you I was a jerk was lying. Probably the same person who told you you were nice."

"Shut up."

We went up to my room, he was packing his things while I sat on the bed.

"What was that today?" I asked.

"What was what?"

"That kiss by the lockers" if he kissed me cause Jason was there, there must be something going on between the two

"Why? You want another one?" I threw a pillow at him.

"Seriously, what was that all about?"

"Nothing." He shrugged

"Connor, if you don't tell me I'll post that video on instagram, facebook, twitter..."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me." I smiled. He moved closer to me but slowly "Connor, no." I held the phone up he moved in even closer

"Princess, you might want to give me your phone." I was laying back slowly, our eyes were locked.

"What are you going to do about, it huh?"

"This." he started to tickle me.

"Connor, stop." I gripped my phone even more "Connor, please."

"Give me the phone."

"Over my dead body."

"That could be arranged." he whispered into my ear. He wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. I struggled getting out. I tried pinching, kicking, even biting him to let go but he wouldn't budge. Usually the biting would cause him to let go. Then I got an idea, it's a long shot but it might work.

"Connor," I batted my eyes.

"What now, princess?"

I kissed him he moved his hands up to my face cupping my cheek. I pulled away and ran to the other side of the room. He looked at me with disbelief.

"What was that?" He asked.

"I had to do something to get you to let go of me." I looked at my phone, it was nine already "It's getting late, you should go now."

He nodded and grabbed his stuff. "Why don't you walk me to my bike?" I nodded and followed him out.

"Connor's leaving." I said as I pushed Connor to the door.

"Thank you for dinner." He waved to my parents.

"No, problem. goodnight." mom said "Come back anytime."

"Goodnight." I pushed him out the door. "Princess, what are you going to do about Reed?" he asked as he got on to his bike.

"Why do you keep asking?" I crossed my arms.

"Just want to know" He shrugged.

"What is it between you two?"

"Nothing, he's just...not a good guy."

"Oh and you are?"

"You'll be surprised at who I am."

”I think I already know who you are" he shook his head laughing.

"There's more to me, princess."

"Sure. You should go now."

"First a goodbye kiss."

"I think you had enough for one day."

"Last chance to kiss me, princess. My final offer."

"I think I'll take my chances." I started to back away.

"Come on, Mack, don't be like that."

"Goodnight, Connor." I sang as I went back inside the house.

"I like that Connor." dad said as I sat next to him on the couch. "Better than that Jason guy."

"Dad." he put his arm around me.

"What? I'm just saying."

"Well, Mike doesn't like him."

"He doesn't, but do you?"

"No, dad." This is what I like about my dad, he isn't overprotective unlike Mike. I can tell him anything, he's like my best friend.

"It seems like you do."

"I don't like anyone." I said crossing my arms.

"I'm just saying, if you liked anyone, I would want it to be him." he hugged me then looked at his watch " You should go to bed soon."

"Okay, dad." I kissed his cheek "Where are you going to this time?"

"Washington and your mom is coming with me."

"For how long this time?"

"Just two weeks"

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know."

"Okay, goodnight dad." I gave him a big hug then went upstairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699 2 26
Rhena Han She's one of the quietest children you will ever meet. She had a tragic upbringing none of which was ever her fault she just got tangled up...
8.6K 344 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
25.3K 920 33
How does one act when everyone thinks of him/her as nothing but a bitch? Well that's the case in Aaliyah Bryant's life. Aaliyah has her guards up eve...
3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...