The Dragon (Book Five in the...

Від Ellethwen2931

Aerlinniel is traveling through Middle-earth with thirteen Dwarves, two Elves, a Hobbit, and a Wizard. She is... Більше

Chapter 1: Sting
Chapter 2: You're Back?
Chapter 3: The Cellars
Chapter 4: Barrels Down the River
Chapter 5: It Is Our Fight
Chapter 6: Some Fishy Business
Chapter 7: I Have The Only Right
Chapter 8: The Dragon's Eye
Chapter 9: I Cannot Go With You
Chapter 10: The Dragon's Coming
Chapter 12: What Have We Done?
Chapter 13: You Are Forsaken
Chapter 14: The Dragon is Dead
Author's Note: Aerlinniel's Secret Character Interviews
Chapter 15: I Come for Mithrandir
Chapter 16: The Kingdom of Erebor
Author's Note: The Sixth Book is Out!

Chapter 11: I'm Going to Save Him

657 35 6
Від Ellethwen2931

Tauriel POV

"We're losing him!"

I look at Kili, then at Legolas, who is waiting for me at the door.

"Tauriel." Legolas says and then walks out of the door.

After standing there for another moment I look away and begin to head out the door to follow Legolas. But right as I reach the door, Kili moans in pain, and I turn to look at him.

Hearing a noise, I grabs my knives, there is a Dwarf running up with something in his hand.

"Athelas." I whisper, "Athelas..."

"What are you doing...?" The Dwarf asks me.

"I'm going to save him."

I start to wash and tear apart the Athelas in a tub of water held by a young girl.

"Hold him down." I tell them and approach them with the bowl.

Examining Kili's wound, I see how black and festered it is and I look away in worry. I then close my eyes and begin chanting in Elvish while kneading the soaked Athelas in my hand, then press it to Kili's wound.

"Menno o nin na hon i eliad annen annin, hon leitho o ngurth. (May the blessing that was given to me be sent from me to him, may he be released from death.)"

Kili screams and thrashes in pain, but I keep chanting.

~~~

As I bind Kili's leg, he opens his eyes and whispers, "Tauriel."

"Lie still." I tell him.

"You cannot be her. She is far away. Sh- She is far, far away from me, and she walks in starlight in another world. It was just a dream." Kili slowly raises his hand and entwines his fingers with mine. "Do you think she could have loved me?"

Yes. I think to myself. She could have.

Bilbo POV

We have emerged out of a tunnel. There is a stone bridge over a chasm.

Thorin raises his hand and quiets us, "Shh. Shh."

"Quiet." Dori whispers. "We've given him the slip."

"No, he's too cunning for that." Dwalin disagrees.

"So where to now?" I ask them.

"The western guardroom. There may be a way out."

"It's too high. There's no chance that way." Balin says.

"It's our only chance. We have to try." Thorin tells him.

We quietly start to cross the bridge. Suddenly, a coin falls to the floor right in front of me and it echoes loudly. The Dwarves and Elves all look at me, I frantically check my jacket to see if a coin had been stuck in a fold. Hearing another coin fall, I look up and see Smaug above us. Luckily he hasn't seen us. Thorin motions for us to keep moving.

"Stay close."

We all stop abruptly when we see that the guardroom is full of rotted corpses.

"That's it, then. There's no way out." Dwalin says.

It seems like something has blocked the exit, trapping the dwarves in the past in the room to die.

"The last of our kin. They must have come here, hoping beyond hope. We could try to reach the Mines. We might last a few days." Balin sadly tells us.

"No. I will not die like this. Cowering, clawing for breath. We make for the forges." Thorin says.

"He'll see us, sure as death." Dwalin states.

"Not if we split up."

"Thorin, we'll never make it." Balin says to him.

"Some of us might. Lead him to the forges. We kill the dragon. If this is to end in fire, then we will all burn together."

Thorin, Balin, Imryll, and I run out onto the bridge from earlier.

"This way!"

A sound comes from nearby, and Smaug appears.

"Flee, flee! Run for your lives! There is nowhere to hide." Smaug booms and starts to come at us.

Dori, Ori, and Bombur are running on another bridge and yelling to distract Smaug.

"Behind you!" Dori yells. Smaug looks at them, then lunges toward them. They turn and run. "Come on!"

As Smaug chases them, we continue across the bridge. Suddenly, Dwalin, Nori, and Mallory, run across another bridge and yell to distract Smaug.

"Hey you! Here!" Dwalin shouts.

Smaug then turns and jumps at them. They run off the bridge and into a tunnel just before Smaug's claw lands where they were.

Gloin and Bifur use this chance to run across a bridge and get to a tunnel as well. Smaug blows fire after them. He blows rapidly in an arc all around him, into all the tunnels.

Balin, Thorin, Imryll and I run through a large hallway. Balin turns into a side tunnel, but Thorin and Imryll continue forward with me behind them.

"It's this way! This way! Come on!" Balin says.

I stop by the tunnel, and call out to Thorin, who is still ahead with Imryll.

"Thorin!"

He turns and begins to come back, but stops suddenly. Smaug is at the end of the hallway.

Thorin yells, "Follow Balin!"

"Thorin!"

"Come on!" Balin says and pulls me into the side tunnel just as Smaug's chest glows orange and he unleashes his fire throughout the hall.

Imryll POV

Thorin runs the other way and I go after him. I am not leaving him. He leaps into the air, falling into a deep pit, and catches onto a chain with a bucket at the end of it, I do the same. It begins descending just as Smaug leaps into the pit as well.

"Imryll! What are you doing?" Thorin questions.

"I am not leaving you." I tell him.

Smaug claws his way down the tunnel, snapping at Thorin and I.

"Thorin!" One of the Dwarves, I think Dwalin, shouts.

"Imryll!" Mallory yells to me.

Dwalin smashes his axe into the machinery holding the chain Thorin and I are holding on to, and the chain stops descending abruptly. Beside Dwalin, a heavy holding bucket on the other end of the same chain begins descending rapidly, causing the chain we are on to fly upward. We soar up, missing Smaug's head. Smaug turns and manages to grab the end of the chain, stopping its movement.

Smaug pulls down, at the machinery holding the chain at the top of the pit breaks free and falls into the pit. Thorin and I fall and land right on the tip of Smaug's closed mouth. We stand on Smaug's top lip as Smaug growls and opens his mouth. Fire is visibly rising up his neck. Thorin grabs onto me.

Just as Smaug snaps closed his mouth to eat us, Thorin leaps to the side and grabs another chain, holding onto me tightly. Smaug turns to bite him, but the falling machinery strikes him in the face.

Nori, at the top of the pit, hits another machine, and its gears spin rapidly, pulling Thorin and I rapidly upward. Smaug roars and blows smoke straight up the pit. Thorin manages to reach the top and throw himself and I on a ledge just as the fire erupts.

"Go! Go!" Thorin shouts.

Thorin, Nori, Mallory, and I run between stone pillars and join the other Dwarves and Bilbo. They are standing in front of several massive furnaces.

"The plan's not going to work. These furnaces are stone cold." Dwalin tells us.

Balin agrees with him, "He's right. There's no fire hot enough to set them ablaze."

"Have we not? I did not look to see you so easily outwitted!" Smaug's emerges from the pit and Thorin continues taunting him, "You have grown slow and fat in your dotage."

Smaug snarls at Thorin in anger.

"Slug."

As Smaug advances, Thorin gets behind a pillar and yells for us to do the same. "Take cover. Go!"

We all rush behind pillars just as Smaug unleashes his flame at us. The fire goes past the pillars and reaches all the way to the furnaces. As Smaug stops, fire suddenly comes out of the bottoms of the furnaces, and they begin glowing and working.

We run from the pillars as Smaug begins hitting at them with his head. And they begin to bend under Smaug's strength.

~~~~~~

Hope that you all enjoyed this update! I will most likely be updating again tomorrow! :) Did you like Tauriel's POV?

Love you my elves from the realm of llamas,

~Ellethwen <3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.6K 102 34
In the dark forest of Mirkwood, shadows are growing, again and again. The leaves are becoming black, as the roots, and as the trees. Birds are not si...
163K 5.3K 32
"What do you mean a child jumped off the bridge?" This is where young Lúthien's story continues, after experiencing a traumatic experience she finds...
365K 12K 47
A long time after a far moons passed, The Kingdom of Erebor in the Lonely Mountain was taken from the dwarves by the evil fire breathing dragon...
41.6K 1.3K 23
Old summary: Sauron tries to summon another wizard from another dimension, to help him win but instead he summons a fangirl who gets turned into an E...