Four Guys But One Me

Galing kay Liadne_14

"You have to choose one of us Mack," Chase said. I was looking at all of them standing, staring at me, waitin... Higit pa

Important
Prologue
Tutoring the Bad Boy
Football Party
Fall Carnival
Recovering
Prisoner
Runaway
Playing Cupid
Costumes & Freaks
Bestfriends Birthday
Heartbreak and Headaches
Grieving
Christmas Favors
Journey In New York
Gone
Complications
The Bad Boy's Back
Exams Aren't The Death Of Me
Four Guys But One Me
Irony
Where You Stand
A New Beginning
Mixed Feelings?
My New Bad Boy
Him
Problems
The Truth Comes Out
Moving In and Figuring It Out
Epilogue
Bonus
A/N

New Guy

16.2K 321 148
Galing kay Liadne_14

(Edited on October 6, 2014)

Chapter 1: New Guy

"Mack," The bed was shaking. "Mack."

I groaned as I hugged my pillow and sheets.

"Mack." My annoying older brother, Mike yelled. He's a year older than me and on the football team.

"What?" I snapped. I opened my eyes to see him standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

"You're late." He said before he left the room.

My eyes widen as I looked at the clock on my nightstand. "Seven-thirty?" I yelled.

I ran into my closet and quickly changed into black jeggings and a white tank-top with a mustache in the middle. I rushed and shoved my things into my school bag then slipped on my beige flats. Leaving my brown straight hair down, I ran downstairs into the kitchen.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier? I missed the bus again." I scolded Mike as I grabbed a granola bar.

"I did, you're just too stubborn." He said, leaving the kitchen. "You have ten minutes or I'm leaving without you." The front door slammed and I rolled my eyes.

Mom came in and handed me my weekly allowance. "Better hurry." She said with a disappointing tone.

"Mike must've changed my alarm time." I said.

"Just go before you get detention again." I nodded and kissed her cheek. "Be home for dinner tonight."

I heard Mike honk his horn. "I promise." I said to mom, knowing she wants me home on time.

I heard honking again. "Hurry before you get in trouble." Mom said scurrying me out of the house.

"I'm coming!" I yelled at Mike. "I'm going to get in trouble one way or another." I chuckled before leaving.

Mike kept honking his horn as I got closer and closer to his car. Once I was in he was complaining about how slow I am.

"You woke me up late." I protested.

"You have an alarm clock for a reason." He said, pulling out of the driveway.

"I set an alarm last night, you changed." I snapped at him.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." He shrugged.

We had three minutes to spare to get to class, but I had no time to run and grab my Trig textbook. I know Mr. O'Neil would mark me down for not having my textbook, which lowers my grade. I'd rather be late than have a low grade in that class, so I quickly ran to my locker and grabbed my book. I was halfway to class when the bell rang and the Principle stopped me.

"Late again, Ms. Martin." He crossed his arms and looked down at me.

"It was just the first bell, I still have a few more minutes." I said quickly.

"Well, I need someone to show Mr. Larson around." A six foot tall guy came out of the office and stood next to Principle Philips. The good looking, dark brown hair boy was waiting for Mr. Philips to show him to his first class.

"I would, sir, but I have to go to class." I said, trying to peel my eyes off the new guy. I totally regret what I just said. I'd be stupid if I didn't want to show this guy around.

"Mr. Larson, what's your  first class?" Principle Philips asked.

The guy pulled out a piece of paper and scanned it. "Trigonometry." He answered.

"So does Ms. Martin." The bell rang and the hall was already empty. "This or another detention, Ms. Martin."

"Yes, sir." I saluted to him. "Shall we?" I asked the new guy.

"Have a good first day." Principle Philips said patting his back before leaving us.

"I'm Jack by the way." He held his hand out.

"Mackayla." I smiled while shaking his hand. I pulled my hand back and started walking with him. "But my friends call me Mack."

"Does this mean I'm your friend?" He smiled.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"So, you get detention a lot, huh?"

I shook my head and chuckled. "Only when I'm late to class, which is every now and then." I shrugged. "Here's Trig class." I said pointing to the door. I walked in to see Mr. O'Neil with his arms crossed and toe tapping the ground.

"A little late again, Ms. Martin."

"Yes, but I have an excuse this time." I smiled.

"I'm sure you do."

"Well, Principle Philips asked me to show Jack Larson around." I gestured to the good looking guy behind me. I watched as girls eyes were planted on him as he waved to the class.

"Very well then, take your seat. Mr. Larson may sit behind you." Mr. O'Neil instructed.

I sat in my usual seat next to one of my two best friends, Cera Salvatore.

"How did that happen?" She gestured to Jack.

"I forgot my book and the principle stopped." I shrugged.

"Good thing, he's hot." She smiled.

I chuckled and looked over at Jack. He smiled and waved at me, I did the same then looked at Cera who was basically drooling over him.

Cera Salvatore, she's been my best friend since the third grade when she was the new girl. Everyone thought she was weird because she use to wear a princess dress everyday, but I didn't care. She has wavy brown hair, nice brown eyes, but she likes to wear colored contacts. She's very sweet, smart, and a good person to go to for advice.

"So what's after this?" Jack asked me as we walked out of the classroom.

"I'll meet up with you later." Cera said to me.

I nodded then turned my attention to Jack "It's second period then we have a ten minute break." I explained to him "What class do you have next?"

"Um . . . " he pulled out his schedule "Chemistry."

"Me too, so you could just follow me."

"Guess who." Someone said as hands covered my eyes.

I recognized his voice and stopped walking "Um . . . a loser?"

"Hey!" Chase yelled.

"What, you are?" I shrugged while laughing as he gave me a look.

Chase Taylor's been my friend since forever. We grew up together. He lives across the street from me. We do everything together. He's very handsome, he has blonde hair, nice hazel eyes and a perfect smile. Why is he still single? That question I don't know the answer to. Anyway, he doesn't drive, since he doesn't have a car, so he takes the bus with me to school some times.

"You weren't on the bus so I guess you were late," He said. "Again." he smirked.

"Oh, shut up" I slapped his shoulder "It's a good thing Mike is late, like, every day." I looked to my left to see Jack just looking at us, listening to our conversation "Chase, this is Jack. Jack, this is Chase, he's my best friend."

"Hey man," they shook hands "So where did you move from?"

"Florida" Jack said.

We walked into the science lab and I took my seat in the way back.

"Okay everyone take your seats," Mr. Tyconeroga said "I see we have a new student today."

"I'm Jack Larson," he waved to the class.

"Well Mr. Larson, welcome to Jefferson High."

"So, how did you end up showing that guy around?" Chase asked as he sat in his seat in front of me next to his lab partner Connor Mitchell.

Connor Mitchell's the schools bad boy. I rarely see him around school, but when I do, it's in detention and I don't talk to him there.

"That guy's name is Jack and I was stopped by the principle when I was rushing to class." I explained.

"Looks like everyone has a lab partner, except for Ms. Martin, my teachers assistant." Mr. Tyconeroga said which shut me and Chase up. "Mackayla, do you mind if you have a lab partner?" I shook my head "Okay. Mr. Larson, please, take your seat."

"So, teachers assistant, huh?" he asked me as he sat in the empty seat next to me.

"Yeah, I got a high grade on the pre-test and became the teacher's assistant. That and the odd number of students in this class." I explained and all he did was smile at me.

~~

"Chase can you take Jack to the hangout, I just have to put away my books." He nodded "And be nice to him, please." I whispered, holding him by his shirt.

I went to my locker to put my textbooks away. I applied chap stick to my sadly dry lips then my locker was slammed shut.

"You didn't tell me about the new guy." Aly said to me.

Alyana Lewis a.k.a Aly. We got close when we partnered up in science class freshmen year. She has nice black wavy hair that goes up to her waist, she has incredible taste in fashion and has one of the hottest guys in school as her boyfriend.

"Calm down, I was going to when I got to the hangout. And don't you have a boyfriend?" I asked as we walked down the hallway to the quad.

"Still, it would be nice to know at least."

I rolled my eyes "Hey guys, how's it going?" I asked as I sat next Cera under the tree.

"Nothing much, just getting know each other." Cera said with a smile.

"Hey, babe." Drew kissed Aly.

Drew Hunter, he started dating Aly a few months ago. He's sweet and I'm sure he'll never hurt Aly. He's on the football with my brother, plus he's a senior. Points for Aly.

"Mack, your brother's looking for you." Drew tells me.

I nodded and got up to walk over to my brother surrounded by the rest of the football team.

"What do you want?" I crossed my arms.

"Is that the way you talk to your favorite brother?" he asked sweetly.

I rolled my eyes "Mike, you're my only brother. Now what do you want?"

"I need twenty bucks"

"Why, didn't mom give you money this morning?"

"She only gave me a ten."

"That's what you get when you ask for your allowance early" I mocked.

"Yeah, yeah, now can you just give me a twenty?"

"No, find a way to get your own money" I snapped.

"Come on, sis. Can you just do me this one favor?"

"The girls and I are going to the mall later. I need this money." I tell him.

"Fine, can you just give me a five then?"

"Fine," I grabbed my wallet out of my bag and handed him the money.

"Thanks sis, love you." he kissed me on the forehead and went back to his friends.

I walked back to my hangout to see Aly and Drew on a full make out session.

"Would you two get a room?" I asked as I sat next to Chase.

"Hi Jack." A group of girls said.

"Hey." He said to them. They giggled and walked away.

"Wow, you're popular already." Cera said to him.

The bell rang for third period.

"Well, I have to get to the gym." I got up then dusted the grass from my pants "What class do you have next?" I asked Jack.

"Same as you." he said nonchalantly.

"You know what, let me see you schedule." he handed it to me "You have every class with me." I said as I looked at the paper.

"Is that a bad thing?" He asked.

"No, you're the only person I have every class with."

"Mack you should get to class or else coach Masterson makes you run laps." Chase said to me, being the good best friend he is.

"Come on, let's go I don't want to run laps and end up all sweaty." Aly grabbed my wrist and dragged me to class, I grabbed Jack's wrist along with me.

"Okay the boys locker room is over there, coach will give you your P.E. clothes." I said to Jack right when we walked into the gym.

I walked into the girls locker room and was blocked "Well look who it is, Mackyla Martin." Brook and her two dim-witted friends stood in front of me, Jessica and Natalie.

Brook Roberts, the so called popular girls in school that all the girls want to be and the guys want, so she thinks. She has reddish orange straight hair, that I want to rip off because of how mean she is. Her skin is flawless and is another one of the spoiled rich girls that get anything they want cause 'daddy said yes.' Ugh she makes me sick.

"I heard you're showing that hot new guy Jack around school." she said.

"Yeah, so?" I asked.

"He's going to be mine, so don't even think about going for him."

"Why you scared?"

"No, who would be scared of you."

"I don't know you." I smiled "Don't worry about me going after him." I walked around her and changed into my gym clothes. I was rushing thanks to Brook.

"I can't believe you and Brook were friends." Aly said to me as I was tying my shoes.

"I can't either. I mean, ever since we got to high school she became another stuck up rich girl." I said as I tied my hair into a ponytail "Come on, we should go before coach tells us to run laps."

We walked outside to see every girl in class drool over Jack.

"Listen up everyone, today we're going out to the field to play soccer" Coach said to the class or shall I say yelled.

We walked towards the field and Aly was already complaining. "Ugh, but I hate soccer." she whined to me.

"Don't worry." I said.

"Speak for yourself you're good at soccer. As for me, I'm probably going to get run over out there." I chuckled at her "It's not funny, Mack."

"Sorry," It's kind of funny if you think about it, so really, not sorry.

"Okay, Justin and new guy, you two are team captains." coach yelled "New guy pick your teammate."

"Mack." I walked over to his side.

"Okay, Justin your turn."

"I'll take Brook"

Great, just great. Brook is going to try to hurt me out there.

After the teams were set, Brook and I were up to get the ball for our team.

"You're going down." she said to me with daggers in her eyes.

Here it goes, I got the ball and passed it to Jack and to my surprise, he was really good and made a goal.

"Whoa, where did that come from?" I asked him as we ran down the field.

"I was kind of the captain for the soccer team back at home." He tells me.

"Wow," I mouthed.

"That's not fair, he's a pro." Brook said as she stomped her feet.

"Just keep going, Brook." coach said.

"Aw, Brook, it's okay." I said with a pouty face.

"That's it, Martin, it's on."

"Bring it." I said with confidence.

Jack passed the ball to me and Brook was in my way.

"Come on, Martin, what are you going to do?"

"This," I kicked up the ball, jumped up and kicked it into the goal "And that's how you make a goal, you should take notes next time." I smiled sweetly to her.

She gave me a deathly glare and I just shrugged.

"Good job girl." Aly said high fiving me.

~~

After winning, Brook was so pissed, her two sidekicks tried to comfort her.

"Good job out there." Jack hugged me.

"Ew, you're sweaty." I pushed him off of me

"You are too." He chuckled.

"Yeah, but not as much as you." He rolled his eyes and laughed at me.

I showered off my sweat plus Jacks own, feeling better being clean.

"That was a good game, don't you think?" I asked Aly as I put on my regular clothes.

"You and Jack were amazing out there, you guys make a good team and look like a great couple." she sang as I put on my flats.

"Aly, you know that I'm not dating right now." I said pointing out the obvious.

"I know, but you need to get over that."

"I am, it's just, I don't want to get heartbroken again."

"Mack, that was months ago. Like you always say, don't let things get in the way, especially the past."

"I just don't think that I'm ready to date." I shrugged.

"Look, I know that Jason hurt you and all but you should start dating again."

"I will, when the time is right." She rolled her eyes "Plus you're the only one who knows my biggest secret."

We walked out of the locker room to see Brook making other girls cry, well not really cry, just making them feel bad about themselves.

"Look girls, it's not your fault if guys pick me over you, I mean look at me." She gloated.

"What guy in their right mind would want to date you?" I asked as I walked over to her.

"Lots, even ask your brother." She smiled.

I crossed my arms "My brother would never date a slut like you."

"I think he would."

"That's where your wrong. If my brother ever hooked up with you, it's probably cause you begged him to."

"Think again, Mackayla."

"At least I can think for myself instead of have two half brained idiots follow me around and do it for me."

"Martin, I don't think you want to mess with me."

"Exactly you don't think." I turned around to see Aly and Jack laughing. It was kind of a lame come back but it made her mad "Toodles." I waved to her and left with Jack and Aly.

"Nice job." Aly complimented me.

"She had it coming, someone was about to tell her anyway."

"Best first day ever." Jack said causing me and Aly to laugh "So where to next?"

"English." I said.

"I'll catch up with you later." Aly said, hugging me before going off to her next class.

"So what's the deal with you and Brook?"

"We were friends before in middle school, but she turned into those spoiled brats when we got to high school. She wanted to be popular and thought I would bring her down, so I told her it's her loss if something happens to her."

"Wow." He mouthed.

We walked into English class to see we had a sub all we had to do was either read or write an essay on how we can help the school. I decided to read. I put on my earphones and drowned everyone out. Thirty minutes of listening to Demi Lovato and thinking how her songs are like my life story, someone was throwing things at me. I turned around to see Jack about to throw a paper ball at me.

"How may I help you?" I asked as I pulled my earphones out.

"I'm bored." He complains.

"Then do something." I said pointing out the obvious.

"What is there to do?"

"How about you read or listen to music?"

"I don't have earphones or a book."

I rolled my eyes and looked at my phone "We only have a few minutes till class ends, just wait."

"Okay, what's after this?"

"Lunch."

"Good 'cause I'm starving."

The bell rang and we all rushed out of the class room.

"I'm going to put my stuff in my locker, I'll meet you in the cafe." he nodded before I headed to my locker.

I put bag in, since my class was near my locker. I don't really want to lug my bag when I'm just going to the cafe.

Where are you? I heard what happened between you and Brook during gym you have to tell me everything. Oh and Brook is raging right now.        -bff Cera

I walked into the cafe and everyone's eyes were laying on me, including Brook, except hers were giving me a deathly glare.

I got into the lunch line trying not to make eyes contact with anyone.

"Hey, I heard what happened. You really have guts you know." Chase said to me as he put some extra food on my tray for himself.

"She had it coming." I paid the cashier then walked to the table where Cera and Jack were talking while Aly and Drew were being all lovey dovey.

"She's going to kill you." Cera said to me as I sat down.

"What are talking about?" I asked.

"Brook and how you humiliated her," I rolled my eyes "She's going to try and embarrass you in front of the whole school."

"I'd like to see her try, I have so many things on her she has nothing on me." I said taking a bite of my pizza.

"Hey sis." Liam said as he took a fry from Cera's tray.

"Can you get your own food?" Cera pushed him.

"Ouch." Aly kicked me "What was that for?" I whispered to her.

"You know why, you were drooling."

"No I wasn't and sh."

"You have to tell her."

"When the time is right."

"Hey Mack, I heard what happened. Finally someone stood up to Brook." Liam said.

"Yeah, thanks." I said shyly.

"So you guys coming to the game Friday?"

"We wouldn't miss it." Oh gosh did I just blurt that out? Aly kicked me again "Would you stop that?" I snapped at her.

"Of course you wouldn't, your brother's on the team." He said with a smile. I could tell I was blushing by how hot my cheeks felt.

Okay Liam Salvatore, Cera's older brother and is on the football team. I have the biggest crush on him since the beginning of freshmen year, but when I was with Jason I didn't really have a crush thing for him. When Jason and I broke up, I went right back to him. I wish I didn't feel like this, because I'm keeping a huge secret from my bestfriend and it sucks that I can't talk about it with her, if I did it would be weird cause that's her brother.

"Mack." I felt a fry hit my face.

"What the hell, who threw that?" everyone pointed at Chase. I notice Liam wasn't there anymore I threw one back at him.

"Okay you guys, I think you should stop before we have a food fight." Aly said to us "So, what are we doing after school?"

"I was thinking we go to the mall then have a girls night at my place." I suggested to them. I finished my pizza and dumped my tray I turned around and I hit something hard "I'm sorry."

"Watch where you're going." I looked up to see Connor Mitchell standing in front of me "Well, are you going to move? I have to dump my tray."

"Oh, sorry." I walked back to my table. Talk about rude.

"Were you just talking to Connor Mitchell?" Aly asked me.

"I wouldn't say talking. More like me standing there while he told me to 'watch where I'm going.'" 

Connor's handsome but weird at the same time, because he keeps to himself. He has a friend but you barely see him talk, you only see him get in trouble with his friend and get into fights.

Boys are hard to understand.

The bell rang for fifth period

I rushed to my locker to get my bag. I closed my locker then bumped into something hard, again.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I rubbed my head.

"Here we go a again princess, seems like you just throw yourself at me." I looked up to see Connor smirking at me "How many times do I need to tell you watch where you're going?"

"Sorry, geez, tense much?"

"No, I just don't like getting hit in the chest twice in one day."

I rolled my eyes "Whatever." I muttered as I rushed to class.

Thanks to Connor I was almost late.

"Buenos tardes estudiente."

"Buenos tardes Señora Ramirez" The whole class said.

"Looks like we have a new student, please would you tell the class your name." She gestured to Jack.

He stood up "I'm Jack Larson." He sat back down.

"Don't you get tired of doing that for every class?" I asked him.

"Yeah, but how else are you going to let people know who you are?"   

 ~~

Me and the girls were at the mall shopping at Forever 21

"Honestly, Mack, you and Jack make a cute couple." Aly said to me and Cera

"Aly, I'm not having this conversation again." I tell her

"Why not, it's been like forever since you've had a boyfriend?" Cera exaggerated.

"It's only been three months and I still don't think I'm ready to start dating again."

"Sure, Mack, whatever you say." Aly sang.

"Aly, would you be quiet."

"What's going on? Mack, what aren't you telling me?" Cera asked.

"Nothing, C." I brushed my bangs away.

"Mack, you're my bestfriend, I know when you're hiding something."

"No, I'm not, right Aly?" she nodded "See."

"No way." C gaped.

"What?" I asked.

"You like someone." She smiled at me.

"No, I don't." I walked into the changing room.

"Mack, who is he?" Cera asked through the door.

"No one, Cera." I put on the skinny jeans then stepped out of the changing room "What do you think?"

"I think you should tell me who the guy is." she said with her hands on her hips.

"Cera, would please change the subject?"

"Fine, but I will find out who he is."

"Sure, whatever floats your boat." I walked back into the changing room.

"Are you going to the party after the football game?" Aly asked.

"Depends where it's at this time?" I asked.

"It's at Drew's place."

"Yeah, I'll go. What about you Cera?"

"Yeah."

"Well, we should get going it's getting late and my mom said not to be late for dinner."

~~~

"You have so many cute clothes, can I borrow this?" Aly asked me as she looked through my closet. 

"Yeah, sure." I went on Facebook and scrolled through just liking random things. I wanted to check if I had any homework "I forgot my bag downstairs I'll be back."

"Can I borrow your laptop?" Cera asked me.

"Yeah, sure just log me out."

"Okay." she hopped on my bed "Um Mack, I think you want to see this."

I sat next to her "What is it?"

'Jason Reed:Wish I could go back and change things with the girl I love. Every day I regret doing that to her'

"He wants you back." Aly squealed.

"Are you sure this is even about me?" I asked.

"Mack, you're the last girl he dated." Aly said stating the obvious.

"Here let me ask." Cera said typing away.

"Cera, no." I tried stopping her but he replied back.

"See, it is you Mack." she pointed to the screen.

"'I feel bad for what I did to her. I wish I could go back in time and change everything.'" I read the message aloud.

"So, what are you going to do?" Cera asked me.

"Hey, mom said to come down for dinner." Mike said peeping into the room.

"Okay." I got up "Come on guys, let's go."

"So what happened at school today?" Mom asked us

"Mack called out Brook today." Mike said.

"Mike." I yelled.

"Mackayla Marie." Mom said with an upset tone.

"What," I shrugged. "She was making other girls feel bad. What was I suppose to do, just let her bully them?"

"I don't get why you two are always fighting, Brook's a nice girl."

"Mom, that was middle school. People change you know?"

Cera called dibs on the bed, making Aly and I sleep on the ground.

"Seriously Mack what's going to happen if Jason asks for you back? What will you say?" Cera asked as she threw the pillows on the ground.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to him since the break up and I haven't forgiven him for what he did."

"I still can't believe he did that to you" Aly said sitting at my windowsill taking selfies.

Jason and I were together since freshmen year, he was so sweet. He's the quarter back of the football team, so I guess Brook had a loss when she dropped me as a friend, because when I started dating the quarter back I was wildly popular.

During summer, I went to a 4th of July party with Jason, I hung out with the girls for awhile. I looked for Jason and I caught him kissing Brook Roberts. I spent the rest of summer in my bedroom crying my eyes out and eating tubs of ice cream. He would come over sometimes and try to explain himself but I would never let him. Every time I saw him I would cry.

Chase and the girls would come over and try to get me out, but every time I did I would feel horrible because I see couples being all lovey dovey..

"It's getting late I don't want to be late for school again" I said to them   

I'm editing the rest of the chapters because of grammatical errors and stuff like that.

I'm having a Q&A chapter so start commenting your questions. Also my new story is up, He's No Stranger and She's A Challenge.

Comment, Vote, and/or Follow

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.5K 25 11
"I hate you," she muttered and I was taken aback. I looked at the guys for a quick second and back at her. "W-" "Don't ever scare me like tha...
1.4K 49 24
Vinny is a quiet kid. His dad thomas is a lawyer , his mom Alice is a nurse and his twin brother Xavier well.. he's a real asshole. Vinny's parents h...
31.4K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
25.3K 920 33
How does one act when everyone thinks of him/her as nothing but a bitch? Well that's the case in Aaliyah Bryant's life. Aaliyah has her guards up eve...