Khloe {Alec Lightwood}

By SparklyAura

In which a girl stands in the shadow of her sister. Until now. Extended summary inside [Season 1 ShadowHunter... More

Extended Summary & Disclaimer
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.

01.

34.2K 453 408
By SparklyAura

Season 1 Episode 1: The Mortal Cup

Khloe and Clary both stood out the front of Brooklyn Academy of Art. Nerves running through both their veins.

"We've got this," Clary assured herself and Khloe.

"You maybe. Me I'm not so sure." Khloe said looking down at her Folder and scrapbook.

Khloe looked down at the camera that hung around her neck sighed and nodded.

"Let's do this." The strawberry blonde said.

Clary smiled and linked arms with her sister before they both walked in the building with nervous smiles.

"Khloe Fray." The person that calls the names said.

"We just walked in not five seconds ago!" Khloe whispered to Clary.

"I'm aware of that of go show them what you're made of." Clary shot her a smile.

Khloe nodded and turned to the lady waiting to lead her to where she needed to be.

"I'm here." She said walking over.

"Okay follow me." She said with a wide grin.

The lady lead her down a hallway and pointed at a door. 

"Straight through there." 

"Thanks." 

Khloe took a nervous breath before walking into the wide space. she looked around as she walked towards the desk. The place was beautiful it had another level looking down at the floor and a big stage behind the desk. There were big pillars holding the second floor and Khloe couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful photo's she could take. 

She walked over to the desk and placed her bag on the chair and laid her scrapbook full of photos on the desk. She took her camera from around her neck and then put that beside her scrapbook. She looked down at the front cover of her scrapbook and saw one of her favourite pictures she'd ever taken. It was with Clary, Her mother, Luke, Simon, and Dot. They were sitting at a coffee store drinking and laughing. She got a picture of them all laughing at the same time.

"I'm Khloe Fray." She said.

Khloe looked up at them as they started flipping through the pages of her book.

"Where was this taken?" Asked an old man with dark skin.

Khloe looked at the photo he was referring to.

It was a picture of her window on a rainy day the raindrops streaming down the window. She blew on the window and wrote 'Wild and Free' in the condensation. She always liked this one. She liked all of her photos. But this one. This one was what she liked most. More than the one on the cover. She didn't know why she liked it. It was quite a dark photo but she loved it.

"In my apartment." She smiled still in love with the picture.

After they went through most of her pictures they all looked up. The lady in the middle with medium length brunette hair looked at the blonde on her left then the man on her right. They both nodded at her. Khloe pursed her lips in anticipation.

"I think that you have a lot of potential. I haven't seen great photos like these in years. This is exactly what Brooklyn Academy of Arts is for. Great talent like this doesn't come easily. When it does we won't turn it down. That's why we are giving you this." She slid over a letter.

Khloe read the letter and her smile widened. 

'Congratulations!' was written in large red letters across the top.

***

Clary walked out with a grin larger than Khloe's and she instantly knew Clary was in.

"We both made it," Clary said pulling Khloe in for a victorious hug.

"We made it in," Khloe said disbelief written all over her face.

"Let's act sad and trick Simon," Clary smirked evilly pulling away from their hug.

"That's a great idea," Khloe said laughing.

"Of course, it is," Clary said smiling. 

***

Clary and Khloe both walked into the cafe with a mixture of anger and sadness across their faces. They placed their stuff on the table and sat down.

"Give me the professors names and I will end them." Clary gave him a look. "You know with a skating email to the Dean." 

"Don't bother," Clary said placing her bag down and her letter on the table. Simon looked at it and picked it up..

"What?" He said reading the letter before looking at the girls smiling. "You get one too?" 

Khloe nodded lightly taking her camera from around her neck and placing it on the table in front of her.

"The sad face? Really?" He began and Clary chuckled. "Well played, Well played." Clary and Simon fist bumped.

"Thank you. You know it's weird they kind of liked my assigned work but they flipped out over the drawing for our graphic novel."

Khloe looked down at her camera -which she did whenever she became the third wheel- and looked through more of her photos. Photography has always been a big thing in Khloe's life ever since she was a toddler and she broke her mom's camera by mistake. Ever since then she was attached to them. Her room is full of photos. 

She went into her own little world when she was taking photos she felt happy. Almost as happy as she was whenever she was near her Best Friend Grace.

"This day will go down as the greatest 18th birthday we've ever had. Right Khloe?" Clary asked.

"MmHmm," Khloe nodded along to her sister's question.

More specifically her twin. Even though Khloe was older by 3 minutes she always felt like the less relevant twin. To all but her mother -who thought the girls the same- and the one and only Grace. Grace was her best friend. And she was beautiful. Was.

A waitress came over to the trio and placed food and drinks down for them. Khloe gave her a small nod and smile. Returning to her camera Khloe scanned through the many pictures on it. She loved her camera. More than most things in life.

The strawberry blonde smiled at the pictures of Clary when she was drawing. She loved taking pictures of Clary drawing as creepy as it may sound. She loved it because Clary has neither a smile nor a frown but a void expression. And sometimes that can be the best look.

Khloe sipped at her drink as she came across a picture of her and Grace. Clary had taken the image as Khloe had jumped on her best friends back and they began laughing. Grace had come over for they day and they were just being teenagers and having fun. It was simple yet amazing.

Khloe stared at the image with a sad soft smile. Her eyes stuck to the picture like glue. Scared that if she looked away for a second she would never see it again.

"Khloe?" Clary nudged her twin.

Khloe hummed as she ripped her eyes away from the picture.

Clary looked at the photo and her smile dropped. She reached over and gently grabbed the camera as silence filled the table. Clary stared at the picture turning off the camera. Simon didn't have to look to know what Khloe was looking at.

No one would ever forget Grace.

***

Khloe and Clary both walked up the few stairs and over to Dot. She was sitting down looking at tarot cards.

"Hey Dot, how's your future looking?" Clary asked.

"Not as good as yours. The tarot cards tell me you two got into the advanced programme." She smiled at the two of them.

"And by the tarot cards, you mean Simon's Twitter account?" Khloe smiled.

"Okay," She said in defeat "I follow him. Turns out predicting the future with tarot card is very complicated."

She flipped over a card and it showed a beautiful cup.

"But I do see a birthday present in your futures." She smiled bending down to grab two bags. 

"Dot," Khloe and Clary said at the same time.

They turned to each other and high-fived. Khloe peeked inside her bag and pulled out one of the cutest dresses she had ever seen.

"You might want to keep those on the DL because your mom is my boss and I don't want her to flip out."

"Yeah but that how we know they're cool," Khloe stated causing the girls to laugh.

"You know your way better at gift giving than predicting the future," Clary said.

"Nothing magical about it I just buy the things I want to wear." Dot replied.

Khloe and Clary both turned to Dot and gave her a hug while she gladly accepted it.

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you." They replied in unison.

"I love you two." said Dot.

"We love you too," Clary replied.

Dot took a deep breath.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, happy birthday." She said.

"Go up and see your mom."

The strawberry blonde gave Dot one last smile before turning and grabbing her stuff.

The two girls walked into their apartment.

"Mom?" Khloe called out.

They saw their mom across the apartment with a clothes basket in her hand. At the sound of her daughter's voice, she dropped the basket on the lounge.

"You did it yay!" She called running over to pull the girls into a hug.

"You follow Simon too?" 

"He only has ninety-two followers he needs the retweets." Their mother said. "Congratulations."

"Thank you hashtag stalker mom," Clary said.

They smiled as Jocelyn held two black boxes up with a bow on each.

"Happy birthday." She said softly.

Khloe and Clary both took the boxes Jocelyn handed to them. They all sat down and Jocelyn watched as they open their boxes.

Khloe opened hers and inside was a coal black stick like thing with markings on it. She frowned at it and picked it up.

"Its called a Stele."

"What is it? Like a paper weight?" Clary asked.

"No its much more than that. It's very ancient. I want you to have it. It's a family heirloom."

"We Fray's have Heirlooms?" Khloe asked.

"A few."

"You know it's weird I doodled something that looks like this, this morning I must have seen it around the house somewhere," Clary said pointing to a mark on the Stele.

Clary's phone beeped and she pulled it out.

"Simon, he's on his way over." She said getting up.

Khloe looked at her Stele and carefully placed it in her box then closing it. She stood up along with Clary.

"But we need to talk."

"We can't right now we need to change," Clary said dragging Khloe away.

***

Khloe had gone into her room when Clary went to her own. The two girls room weren't that different. Clary had drawings all over the walls and things like that. Khloe's room had photos  all over her room. They were stuck to the back of her door, her walls, and mirror. She walked over to a painting in her room and pulled it off the wall.

Behind the painting was a safe. Khloe got it because she was the oldest. She entered the passcode and opened up the safe. She took her camera from around her neck and placed it in her safe. She walked across the room and quickly changed into the dress Dot gave her.

She put foundation, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick and a little bit of eyeliner on. She walked across her room and opened her wardrobe. She opened it and scanned it for shoes. She found a cute pair of nude heels and put them on. She threw on some gold hoop earrings and she was done.

She walked over to her mirror and looked herself up and down. She looked almost perfect. Almost. 

Looking through the mirror she saw her safe open. And hanging out of her safe was a necklace. Grace's necklace.

Khloe slowly turned around and walked over to the safe. She took the necklace in her hand. It was a simple black gem on a silver chain. But it suited Grace perfectly. 

Khloe hesitantly put the necklace around her neck. She walked back over to the mirror and looked at herself. 

"You ready?" Clary asked walking in.

"One second." Khloe walked over to her safe shut it and locked it she picked up the painting and put it back on the wall. She grabbed her purse and slipped her phone into it.

She looked at the box her mom gave her and opened it grabbing her Stele and putting it in her purse.

"Okay done." She said turning to Clary.

Clary held up some spray paint, "Luke's here. Simon is also here."

"Okay." Said Khloe walking past Clary to say bye to her mom and Luke.

As Khloe walked into the living room she was greeted by Simon.

"Hello, Khloe."

"Hey." She gave him a smile.

Khloe gave her mom a hug. Then Luke.

"Stay safe!" Jocelyn called as they walked out of the door.

"Will do!" Khloe shouted back.

***

As Simon and Maureen finished up their song everyone started clapping. Clary and Khloe were clapping the loudest, though. The whole way through the song Simon was pretty much staring at Clary. Khloe noticed it but Clary didn't. Khloe wanted someone to look at her the way Simon looked at Clary.

She wanted someone to love her like every second they spend together could be the last. She wanted someone to go out of their way to make sure she was okay. But it seemed like that kind of love wasn't coming to her anytime soon.

After the gig, Maureen Simon Clary and Khloe walked to the van.

"Rock Solid Panda coming right up. I'm feeling inspired." Clary said as she shook the can and started spraying the new band name on the side.

Khloe laughed at the new name.

"Got a problem Fray?" Simon asked in a joking tone.

"As a matter of fact, I do Lewis."

"And what would that be?" He asked.

"That is one of the weirdest names you've come up with and I hope you stick with it. Just to prove how weird you really are." Khloe replied.

"Oh trust me." Said Maureen. "We're keeping it."

Once Clary was done they all took a step back to look.

"Whats that tag?" Simon asked pointing at a tag on the top.

"I don't even know I didn't mean to do that."

"You know there's been confirmed cases of people waking up in the morning speaking french. And they never even learnt the language." Maureen said as Simon took the cans to the back of his van.

"You think that's some kind of language?" Clary asked.

It didn't look like one to Khloe.

"Sandscript maybe?" Maureen said.

"Clary Maureen, should I take a picture?" Khloe asked gesturing to her phone.

"Go ahead." Clary and Maureen said jumping out of the way.

Khloe smiled selecting her camera app. She aimed her camera and took a picture of the band name.

"Okay done." Khloe took a step forward and stupidly walked into someone.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry." Khloe apologised to who she walked into.

She looked up and was met with a tall male who looked around her age. He had raven black hair and beautiful eyes.

"Wait," He looked confused "You can see me?"

"Yeah. I have eyes. But anyway I'm sorry didn't mean to bump into you." Khloe awkwardly walked back to the van where Clary was talking to some blonde guy.

"Jace, Alec come on." A female called.

The blonde guy looked towards the voice.

Khloe was standing by Simon when Clary walked over.

"Can you guys believe that blonde dude?" Clary asked.

"You mean the imaginary one?"

"No the guy right there running towards the club."

"I can see him," Khloe said.

"Clary Khloe there is nobody there," Maureen said.

"The guy covered in tats," Clary said

"What guy are you talking about?" Simon asked.

"You guys seriously don't see him?" Clary asked.

"I do," Khloe said.

"No we don't," Maureen replied

"Could you stop making me feel insane?" Clary asked.

"Could stop acting that way?" Maureen said.

The strawberry blonde turned to glare at Maureen. No one calls Clary insane except for Khloe. The blonde guy was clearly there and if this was some joke it was going a bit too far.

"Clary what was in your latte?"

Khloe picked up her purse and Clary took off her jacket both having the exact same idea. They began walking towards the club.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some answers," Khloe said walking ahead of Clary who threw her jacket to Simon.

"Remember you fake ID's suck," Simon called.

"Correction, Clary's fake ID sucks." Khloe said continuing her walk to the club.

"Okay fine I'm coming," Simon said running after the sisters. Not wanting to be alone Maureen followed.

***

Once Clary and Khloe made it in successfully they began wandering around looking for the blonde guy.

The music was so loud you could feel the vibrations in the air and you couldn't take a step without bumping into some couple making out or dirty dancing. The smell of alcohol was in the air and Khloe thought it was disgusting.

Khloe was leading the three through the sea of bodies. Pushing and shoving to make her way through.

Clary lightly nudged Khloe to get her attention. The strawberry blonde turned to look at her sister who pointed in the direction of the blonde guy.

"I'm going to go fail at getting us some birthday drinks," Simon said.

"I'm going to go fail with you." Said Maureen.

"You want some? Clary! Khloe!" Called Simon but the twin couldn't even hear him.

They continued pushing through the crowd until they saw the blonde guy go behind a curtain and close it. The area in front of the curtain wasn't as packed as the rest of the dance floor. So there was space to actually move and breathe.

Khloe hated small spaces. One of the reasons why she never tries to get into clubs. They're always so packed.

"What do we do?" Clary asked her twin.

"Follow my lead," Khloe said grabbing Clary's arm and linking them together.

She linked arms with the nearest guy walking into the closed off area.

"Somebody work out." She said.

He looked down at her and she noticed he had blue eye contacts.

"Cool contacts." She said.

Once they were in the curtain area she let him go and he just walked off.

They began looking for the blonde guy and they found him talking to a tall brunette in a purple and black dress. Khloe's eyes drifted to behind the blonde and she saw the guy she ran into earlier.

As Khloe looked back at the blonde she was a sword or something light up in his hands. Panic fell over the twins and Clary was the first to act.

"Watch out!" She called running over to push the brunette.

"Clary!" Khloe yelled.

The brunette looked up from her spot but she wasn't normal. She had changed in ways Khloe could not explain. It was like something right out of Clary's drawings.

Horror filled over Khloe as the blonde pushed Clary to the side.

"Careful." He shouted. 

He turned around and stabbed the lady and she turned into yellow sparks and disappeared. Khloe had no time to react because she ran to Clary.

"Clary are you okay!" She asked with a concern filled voice.

"Yeah I'm fine." She replied.

Khloe quickly helped Clary up.

The blonde guy dropped his blade and it fell at Khloe's feet. One of the men in the room started running towards the twins so Khloe quickly picked up the sword and it lit up in her hands.

As the man got closer to the girls Khloe stabbed him. And just like the brunette lady he turns into sparks. Khloe stared at the scene in front of her in horror. The blonde walked towards the girls but he was pulled back by another guy.

Khloe pushed Clary behind her as they slowly started to back up. The blonde was fighting with a guy and across the room, a raven-haired girl in a short white leather like material skirt and shirt was fighting off the demon like creatures.

The hot guy Khloe ran into was also fighting. Khloe had never been so confused in her whole entire life.

What was happening? Before she could react to anything else the blonde grabbed the blade out of Khloe's hands and used it to kill one final demon with the Raven haired guy.

"Go!" Khloe pushed Clary out and she didn't need to be told twice.

The twins quickly ran out of the curtain area. Clary was in front leading the two when she bumped into someone.

She turned around to look at the man she ran into. Khloe stopped to look at him too. He seemed so familiar. 

"Sorry." Clary apologised quickly before grabbing Khloe's hand and running away in fear that the demon like creatures would follow.

Clary and Khloe ran outside and jumped in a cab as quick as possible. 

"Drive," Clary said.

As they both took deep breaths they could finally relax and go home.

***

Khloe sat on the couch next to her mother as Clary explained what happened that night. Khloe wasn't really paying attention to what Clary was saying she was just staring at her hands.

"What did the markings look like? On the blonde boy?" Jocelyn asked.

"Mom are you even listening. I think we killed someone tonight."

"Clary. Did they look like this?" She asked as she pulled out a Stele from her back pocket.

She ran the Stele over her arm and a mark appeared. Khloe and Clary stared at their mother in shock.

"Mom what the-"

"Everything you saw tonight has a meaning. And an explanation and I've dreaded having this conversation with either of you since the day you were born." 

"Mom, what is going on? Are we insane?" 

"No your not but the protections are wearing off now your both eighteen. It time to know the truth."

"Protections what does that even mean mom you- Mom you're scaring the hell out of me!" Khloe said jumping up off of the couch and walking around to where Clary was standing.

"And that is why I've put this off until the last possible minute."

"Jocelyn." Dot ran in. "Look out the window. Magnus called to warn us. They found you."

Jocelyn ran to the window and Khloe's heart began to pound.

"Dot it's time. Okay, listen to me you can not be near me." Their mother said walking towards the living room.

"What is happening?"

"I got a very powerful person angry."

"What did you do?"

"I hid something from him and his followers."

"Followers? Mom why can't we just call the police?"

"The policeman you need to call is Luke."

She spun both her daughters around and place identical necklaces on their necks.

"Keep this with you and think of me when you wear it."

"Mom this is not the time for birthday gifts! What the hell is happening?"

"Only if you need it." Dot handed Jocelyn a bottle of strange liquid and she thanked her.

"Trust your instincts. Your more powerful than you know."

"Mom I don't understand what's going on?"

"Dot. Open it."

Khloe turned to look at Dot and she watched as blue power or something like that came out of her hands. 

Two of the door slid to the side and something purple formed between them. Khloe and Clary were dragged over towards it.

"Everything I've done. Every mistake I've made is because I love you more than words."

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you both."

"Hide us?"

"From the circle. He's the only one you can trust. trust no one else."

"Mom I don't-"

"Where Luke now?"

"At the police station!"

"Remember I love you."

"Mom? Mom!"

"Clary Khloe! I love you!"

That was the last thing they heard before they were sucked in. 

***

The twins arrived outside the police station with a yelp. They took a look at their surroundings. How did they get there so fast? They were at their apartment seconds ago. Khloe's mind was racing her heart was pounding and tears were in her eyes.

"Clary? Khloe?"

"Captain," Khloe said standing up and pulling Clary up with her.

"It two in the morning what are you two doing her so late?"

"Uhm... Luke said he'd drive me home if he was still here."

"Still doesn't trust the cabbies huh?" She smiled warmly at the two girls.

They both nodded.

"Well, he's in the middle of an interview. It could take a while."

"Cool, we'll wait in the cafeteria."

"Hey, is there some sort of problem? Guy trouble?"

"Yeah sure. Guy trouble. It's something like that." Khloe answered.

She nodded at the two smiling before parting ways.

Once she was gone the girl snuck into the station.

"The minute we found out Jocelyn Fairchild was alive you were easy to track." A voice said.

The twins peaked over the wall to see two unfamiliar people talking to Luke.

"Fairchild?" Clary and Khloe looked at each other in confusion.

"You and Jocelyn were never that far apart. The circle has her now. It's just a matter of time before we catch the daughters."

"You can have them both. If you give up the mortal cup."

"I don't care about either of them. They mean nothing to me." Luke said.

Khloe and Clary gasp. Their whole lives Luke was there. But he never cared for them. Clary pulled Khloe down and the hid as they finished their conversation and they left.

Khloe was so close to crying. But she couldn't. As sad and as hurt she may be. She can't cry. Because if she does she will never stop.

Khloe and Clary jumped up and ran out into the rain they ran down the steps and away from Luke.

***

Clary and Khloe ran through the rain -In heels- and arrived at their home. They stopped at the entrance for a moment when they saw blood on the floor. They ran into the house and ripped the door open.

"MOM!" Clary cried as she walked in the door.

They were surprised when they were met with a trashed house.

"MOM?!!" Khloe called.

Clary broke down in tears and fell to her knees. Khloe kneeled down and pulled Clary in for a hug and let her cry on her shoulder. Khloe let a few tears escape but that was it. She refused to lets anymore fall. Khloe believed silence was sometimes the loudest scream. And right now she was letting off thousands of silent screams.

On the inside, she was screaming, crying begging for her mom back. But that wasn't the case on the outside. She was emotionless on the outside.

Once they had calmed down slightly Khloe helped Clary up and she went up and picked up an axe. The axe was heavier than Khloe thought it would be but she didn't let that distract her. She flinched as thunderbolts clapped together outside. She turned around and looked around with Clary following behind her she walked further into the small store.

As they rounded a corner nothing was there but when they turned around they jumped slightly as Dot stood there.

"They took Jocelyn." Dot said.

"Who took her?" Clary asked.

Khloe gripped the axe tighter in her right hand.

"Rouge Shadowhunters searching for the Mortal Cup."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Khloe asked as Dot slowly made her way closer to the twins.

"Think girls did your mother ever talk to you about a cup? A very important cup. Gold almost like a chalice."

"No. We don't know anything about a cup Dot." Clary cried.

"Think girls this could save Jocelyn."

"I can't think someone kidnapped my mother!" Khloe shouted at Dot.

"You know more than you think you do Clary and Khloe Fray." She spat.

Just like before in the club the person in front of them changed. Khloe quickly swung the axe and it hit the demon like thing in the stomach. The demon screamed and fell to the ground. Khloe and Clary stared in Horror and the Demon changed into its real form.

It let out a roar and jumped towards the twins. Khloe on instinct pushed Clary out of the way and the demon scratched Khloe's collarbone. Khloe let out a yelp and crawled over to Clary who had backed up against a wall.

Khloe stood in front of Clary protecting her. Khloe wasn't going to lie. Her heart was pounding so fast. She thought she was going to die. That was until a blade was shoved through the demons chest and it turned into orange sparks.

Both girls let out a breath of relief as the blonde guy from the club stood in front of them with a blade in his hand.

"What no thank you for saving your life." He asked.

Khloe glared at him slightly as she turned to make sure Clary was okay.

"You still breathing ?" She asked Clary.

"Barely." Clary let out in a soft voice.

"Are you hurt?" She asked.

"No." 

"Good because if you were. I would have slapped a bitch." Khloe sighed in relief.

"Oh my god Khloe your hurt," Clary said referring to the scratch on her Collarbone.

"It's just a scratch," Khloe said as the room began to spin.

"Actually... It's a lot worse than that." Blonde guy said as Khloe's vision became blurry and she passed out.

***

Khloe slowly came to on a soft surface.

The last thing she could remember was passing out. So where was she now?

She quickly sat up and scanned the room she was in. It seemed like a small hospital. Her eyes fell on the raven haired boy that just kept popping up.

"Who the hell are you." Said Khloe.

"Alec." He said.

"What happened?" Khloe asked rubbing her collarbone where she was scratched only to feel nothing there.

"You were injected with Demon veno-"

"Where my sister?" Khloe asked cutting him off.

"Getting water." He said.

"Okay... Where am I?"

"The institute."

"The institute?"

"You really don't know much do you?"

"All I know is some jackass' took my mother and I'll do anything to get her back," Khloe said standing up and getting off the bed.

"Mundanes shouldn't even be here." He said as the blonde guy and Raven haired girl walked in with Clary.

"Khloe you're awake." Clary ran and pulled her into a hug. "You almost died."

"But I didn't," Khloe replied.

"She's not a mundane Alec," Blonde said.

"How do you know that?"

"Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it."

"I'm Jace Wayland." 

"Khloe Fray."

"We know who you are."

"That's creepy," Khloe mumbled.

"Am I the only one that finds this unusual?" Alec asked

"You find everything unusual Alec."

"We have to report this to the Clave."

"You know what dial it down a notch."

"My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you Alec but you have a switch that's always on."

"I love you too but this just-"

"Hey, you know what. Just give me a minute." Jace asked.

When Alec didn't budge Jace sighed.

"Here's a word you'll never hear me say please?"

Khloe smiled and rolled her eye at their childlike acts.

Alec's sister jumped up and dragged Alec out of the room.

"Your wound. It's healed." 

"Yeah, how's that even possible? So what I'm magically healed and all you people have magical powers?" Khloe asked.

"No," Jace laughed "Don't confuse me with a warlock."

"A warlock?" Clary asked.

"Yeah it's one of the downworlders," Jace replied.

"Okay your not making any sense," Clary said.

"Warlocks, Vampires, Seelies-"

"Literally my brain is about to explode." Clary cut Jace off.

"Alright, I'll keep it simple for you. All the legends are true. We're Shadowhunters. We protect the human world from the demon world. So those people you saw murdered at the pandemonium, They weren't people at all they were shapeshifting demons."

"I'm not interested in being in your supernatural fight club," Clary said. "I just want to find my mom. The rest of it whatever it is all I care about is finding my mother. Please help me find her."

"I'm the best chance you got," Jace said.

"I don't even know you."

Clary's phone started ringing and she looked at it.

"Simon." She jumped up and answered it.

"Simon?" Jace asked Khloe.

"Her best friend."

"Oh."

"Don't worry she's completely friend-zoned him and she is also 100 percent oblivious to the massive crush he has on her," Khloe smirked at Jace.

Jace picked up Clary's drawing book and opened it as Clary walked over to the window.

"I see you."

Jace stood up from the bed and walked over to where Clary was standing. Khloe jumped up and walked over to the window not wanting to be alone.

"Give me five minutes Khloe and I have to get changed," Clary said.

After a moment of silence, Clary spoke again.

"Simon give us five minutes okay."

Jace went and sat back on the bed and Clary turned around hanging up the phone.

"Umm what happened to my clothes?" Khloe asked Jace.

"Demon venom remember." He looked up at the two girls. "Isabelle left you these." He said pointing at two piles of black clothes.

Clary picked up a pair of knee-high black leather boots.

"You're kidding right?" Clary asked.

"She very comfortable with her body."

"No kidding," Clary said looking back down at the clothes.

"This is cute," Khloe said picking up a black shirt.

***

Once the two girls were changed. Khloe pushed her hair side.

"Wait," Khloe said. "What."

"What's wrong?" asked Clary.

"How did that get there?" Khloe asked turning to Jace.

"I drew that." he said.

"Look I don't know what's going on here but you do not tattoo my sisters collarbone. That's creepy." Clary said.

"Dually noted. Next time I'll just let your sister die." He stared at Clary while standing up, "It's not a tattoo it's a rune. They have enormous amounts of power. Good for Shadowhunters. Lethal to humans."

Jace picked up Clary's drawing book and tapped the drawings in it.

"But you already know all about runes don't you?" She frowned. "Maybe you don't. Which is what makes you so interesting." Jace said stepping closer to Clary.

Khloe cleared her throat.

"Yeah I'm going to go wait outside." She walked out of the room before either of them could reply.

***

When Clary and Jace finally walked outside Khloe was already standing beside Simon waiting for the two.

"Why can't he see you?" Clary asked Jace.

"This is a glamour a rune that makes me invisible to mundanes," Jace said lifting his shirt to show a rune. "It's a shame really just denying all this."

"What do you have on Clary?" Simon asked sliding off his jacket and putting it around her shoulders.

Khloe rolled her eyes at the fact that she was practically wearing the same thing as her twin. Yet Simon still favoured Clary. 

"Let me take you home." He said to the girls.

"I don't think we have one anymore." Said Khloe.

"Why don't-What do you mean?" He asked

"Khloe and Clary Fairchild." A voice from behind them said.

Khloe's head snapped in the direction to see a man with a blade in his hand.

Before they could do anything Jace walked up behind the man and attacked him. Disarming him Jace wrapped his arm around the man's neck so he couldn't move. Clary gasped.

"What's wrong what are you looking at?" Simon asked shaking Clary's shoulder.

"If you give us the girls I'll let you live." The man said.

Jace mumbled something Khloe couldn't quite hear. The man pulled himself out of Jace's grasp and they began fighting. The man pulled out a blade and Clary gasped again. The man grabbed Jace and pointed his blade at him put Jace elbowed him in the face and turned the sword around in the man's hands and stabbed it into his chest.

"Jace," Clary called out running up to him and away from Simons grasp. Khloe and Simon followed Clary and she pointed at the man on the ground.

"Is he dead?"

"No," Khloe said sarcastically.

A sword just went through his heart and she asked if she was still alive.

"Is who dead?" Simon asked confused.

"What the?" Simon said.

"Could you de-glamourise so Simon doesn't think we're losing our minds?" Khloe asked Jace.

"Um. What is happening?" Simon asked.

"We don't have the luxury right now kid. Everyone back inside." Jace said walking up the stairs.

Khloe began following him ignoring Simon while he spoke to Clary.

"I've seen him before," Khloe said looking back at the body. "At the police station."

"He's a member of the circle." Said Jace. "Clary he's here for you and Khloe."

"So he's one of the guys that took my mother," Clary said.

"Right your little best friend lead him right to you," Jace said. "They're here to capture you or kill you."

"There's a dead body there we have to call Luke."

"We can't trust Luke!" Khloe snapped still angry about him.

"Clary." Jace said "I need to keep you and your sister safe I promise you I'm going to find your mother. But your one of us. You're a Shadow Hunter."

"What are you talking about? Clary Khloe you don't know this guy alright. Come with me I can get us help."

Khloe stepped down the stairs and walked over to Clary and grabbed her hand.

"Clary. Khloe." Jace said.

"Girls come on," Simon said.

The girls looked at each other. Their best friend. Or some guy they jut met. The choice should have been easy. But it wasn't it was so much harder than anyone would have thought. Choose the guy who saved them or Choose the guy they've know almost their whole lives.

***BEFORE***

"Grace!" A man shouted.

Khloe stopped walking.

"Shut up nitwits," Khloe said over her two friends talking. "Listen."

Max and Jordan stopped their talking and listened.

"What?" Grace's voice replied.

"I won't wait forever."

"Why not? We have forever. Just a few more days. I promise."

"Grace?" Khloe called walking from one abandoned room to another to see her best friend standing with a guy.

"Khloe? What are you doing here?"

"We called you. You didn't answer." Khloe said gesturing to her phone.

"We?" The guy asked.

Khloe turned around to see Max and Jordan were not there. She frowned walking over to the door frame. She saw the two guys standing in the other room. She rolled her eyes grabbing each of the boys hands and pulling them into the room.

"Max and Jordan are here too? Anyone else?" Grace asked.

"Nope just us." Khloe paused. "Who the hell are you."

"No one important." He said looking down at Grace who looked back at him.

They held eye contact having a conversation with their eyes.

"I've got to go." He said walking out of the abandoned building into the cool night air.

"That was weird," Max said.

"He's weird," Jordan said.

"You don't even know him." Khloe defended him. 

"Your  right." The boys said.

The two boys looked at each other for a second.

"Race ya!" Jordan yelled pushing Max and running to the old beat up couch in the corner of the room.

Max quickly followed after grabbing onto Jordans arm trying to slow him down. Khloe and Grace laughed at their two friends. Khloe walked over to Grace and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" Khloe asked. 

"I'm fine," Grace replied smiling.

"Okay, let's go sit with the boys," Khloe said grabbing Grace's hand and pulling her towards the couch.

***

:-) Hello.

I'm trying this thing. At the end of each chapter, you'll get a flashback with Khloe and Grace. 

[EDITED]

Word count: 6701 words

-SparklyAura

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 6.9K 72
Persephone: Greek Goddess of persuasion and seduction Shadowhunters Season 1-? Jace Wayland x OC Started: April 15th 2022 Finished: ... Season 1 ✅...
409K 9.5K 57
(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.
84.6K 2K 14
❛ i'm gonna buy this place and start a fire, stand here until i fill all your heart's desires. ❜ [isabelle lightwood x female oc] [shadowhunters] [se...
353K 12.3K 59
In which, Isabelle Lightwood has feelings for her childhood friend who has a lot of secrets. Or In which, one of the most powerful shadowhunters ever...