Urban Legends( An Infinite Bo...

By AuthorNitish

Collection of most popular Urban Legends. Not written by me. WARNING : Read it on your own risk! Coz I am not... More

Reader Request: Sally Play
2. Bloody Mary
3 : Don't drink the water!
4 :Human Can Lick, Too!
5 : Buried Alive
6: Be Careful What You Swear
7:The Old Bridge
8: Bleeding Sink
9: At 3 A.M
10:Calpurnia
12:China Doll
13: Alone In The Dark
14. Creepy Car
15: Bloody Mary is True!
16 Burnt Church
17. :Angel in the Elevator
18. The Body in the Bed
19. Don't Open Your Eyes
20. Compressed
21. The Choking Doberman
22. Dancing with the Devil
23. Footprints
24. Express Train to Hell
25. It's Dark Outside
26. Phone Call Riddle
27. Death Merchant
28. Strange Meat
29. Room without a Number
30. The Ugly Son
31. You promised on your life
32. Bloody Halloween
33. Faceless Woman
34. Don't Turn On The Lights
35. I could've save you
36. Keep the door open
37. Late night ride
38. Love Hurts
39. Mom's Last wish
40. Pool Hall Ghost
41. Only SARA Knows
42. 9 steps of horror
43. The Snapshot
44. Lady in the Bathroom
45. The Red Dolls
46: Wanna Play?
47: Visiting Grandmother
48: The Shoe Box
49. The Amityville Horror
Your TURN
Story request: Sally Play
Exclusive Early Reader
50: Statue
51: Flip book

11: Black Dog of Hanging

5.6K 142 20
By AuthorNitish

He smiled as he sipped at his coffee. It had been an excellent hike. He was glad his friend had recommended coming to the Hanging Hills in Connecticut; not the first place that had come to his mind when considering a vacation. But it was beautiful here. When his friend arrived tomorrow they would tackle some of the more challenging terrain.

"Did you have a nice hike?" asked the innkeeper as she refilled his cup.

"Yes indeed. I had some unexpected company," he said with a smile.

"Really? I thought you were the only one crazy enough to go hiking in the rain," she teased.

"It was a little black dog," he said. "Cute fellow. Followed me all the way up the mountain and down again."

He looked up from his coffee to see the innkeeper's face had gone pale.

"A black dog?" she asked. "That's not good."

"Why not?"

"We have a saying around here," she replied. "'And if a man shall meet the Black Dog once, it shall be for joy; and if twice, it shall be for sorrow; and the third time, he shall die.'" He laughed. "That's just superstition."

"That's what Mr. Pynchon said. He saw the black dog twice. The second time he saw the dog, the friend he was climbing with fell to his death. And later,Mr. Pynchon decided to climb the same mountain, and he died too. Everyone here believes he saw the dog just before he fell."

"Nonsense. It was just a cute stray," he said uneasily. She shrugged and took the coffee pot over to her other customers.

His friend arrived the next morning and they both laughed about the story of the black dog. They set out on their climb. About halfway up the mountain, he looked up and saw the black dog.

"There's the dog," he called to his friend.

And then his foot slipped and he plunged down the side of the hill, desperately grabbing at saplings and rocks, trying to halt his descent. It seemed to take forever for him to stop sliding. There was a stabbing pain in his leg. When he looked at it, his head swimming, it was bent at an odd angle. They had to send in a mountain rescue team to get him down. At the hospital, they told him his leg was broken in two places and he was very lucky it wasn't worse.

"You know, that was a very strange fall," said his friend uneasily. "You don't really think it had anything to do with that black dog?"

He looked down at the cast that extended all the way up to his hip.

"I don't know. But I don't really want to find out. Next time, let's go to Colorado."

His friend agreed.

A/N: Get early chills. Become part of Exclusive Early Reader group and read all stories 30 days before it is published. Check out my bio for more info.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147 4 6
This book is a series or collection of reddit's the most creepiest , spookiest stories shared by random reddit users on random subreddits. These stor...
2.7K 68 103
My own collection of creepypastas and horror stories. I promise you that if you read them you're going to sleep with lights on. *not all stories are...
1.8K 75 16
𝘈 𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸, 𝘢 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳... 𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘱, 𝘸𝘩𝘢...
1K 69 50
This is a compilation of my favorite Nosleep stories/the ones I found to be the best.