The Story Of Naomi - LOK FanF...

By FlavaIsMe

*Old Work* "Well, my family have a lot of great benders. Aang, Tenzin, Katara, Kya even my dad was a great fi... More

1. A new beginning - Part 1
2. A new beginning - Part 2
3. A new beginning - Part 3
The Letter
4. What a Coincidence
5. The Gala
A/N - I'm back
6. Got your back
7. The Fire Ferrets
8. The last match
10. Awoken secrets
11. The Importance of Trust
12. Fear the truth
13. When it Comes Down to an Ending - Part 1
14. When it comes down to an ending - part 2
A/N - Sequel!

9. Stuck in reverse

2.8K 94 21
By FlavaIsMe

''Naomi!'' I tried to open my eyes.
''Naomi!'' They were too heavy.

''Naomi!'' I looked around. ''Naomi watch out!''
Water hit my face hard and I hit the icy ground even harder.

''Hey! that wasn't fair Korra!'' I yelled at my avatar friend. ''Sorry Naomi. I didn't mean to hit you.'' She said as she helped me up.

I looked at her and smiled. ''I'm sure you're gonna beat all of the bad guys when you grow up!'' I said and jumped up in the air. ''Yeah! Let's do it again!'' She said with a whole new attitude.

It's only been a year since we discovered Korra was the avatar. I still remember the day. I've never seen her so happy.

''I can already see it. Korra the great Avatar, and Naomi the amazing waterbender, fighting all the crime in the world.'' we both laughed and fell down in the snow.

''You really think i'll be an amazing bender like you?'' I asked her.

''No.'' She said with a smile and I looked away.

''I know it.'' She assured me as she got up again with the biggest smile.

********************

3. pov 

''How is she?'' The young avatar asked as she walked in the room where Naomi was being healed.
''She's stable.'' Pema said, holding Naomi's hand.

Korra looked down at the bath tub, to see the unconscious Naomi. If she didn't know any better, she would think that she was sleeping. The healers had done everything they could to get her back to consciousness, but ever since she almost drowned the night of the big game, she hadn't even opened her eyes.

''I'm worried.'' Korra said. ''We all are.'' Pema added as Korra sat down besides her.
''The healers said it was like she was blocking herself from waking up. So it's all up to her if she ever does.'' Pema admitted and a big sigh left Korra.

''How is fighting the Equalists going?'' Pema asked, to find another topic. ''Difficult. We're still suspecting future industries for working with Amon, but we haven't found any proof yet.'' Korra said. ''I just hope we can save everyone. Save Naomi.'' She looked down at her again, wondering what was going on in her mind at the moment.

*******************

I was looking at the sky, in peace and quiet when iIheard a groan from Korra. ''Still no luck with the wave?'' I asked, still staring at the sky. ''No.'' She said annoyed and tried another time.

''Maybe you should try to relax a little?'' I asked with a smile.
''Yeah. And let everybody down? I promised I would be able to do this in the end of the week.'' she tried another time, just to fail. I laughed a little.

''It's not funny. You know how hard it is when everybody expects so much from you, but you feel like you can never be what they wan't?!'' I sighed and stood up when she said that.
''Yeah. I have a pretty good idea about how that feels.'' I said.

She sighed yet again. ''Sorry Naomi.''

It was so sad that she had to worry about that when she was only 9 years old. She should be allowed to have a lot of friends. Run around and have fun. But then again, at least she had her bending.

I was about to say it was okay and help her when some kids from the tribe started yelling at us.
''Hey! It's the avatar and her non-bender friend!'' They all laughed, like we were some sort of joke.
''How's it going with grandad and grandma?'' Another kid yelled.

I turned around and looked out at the water. ''Don't listen to them Naomi, they don't even know you.'' Korra placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her, and we both smiled.

''Let me see that wave again.'' I said with a cheering voice and a big smile.

******************

3. Pov

''She looks like she's sleeping.'' A sad Jinora stated honestly.
''Yeah. Just like a princess waiting to be kissed by her prince.'' Ikki said with a little smile.

''Hey kids. Time for dinner.'' Pema said, as she opened the door. ''Okay'' they both said and walked out of there quietly.

''She's in here if you wanna see her.'' Pema said, and the two brothers walked in.
As soon as they were in there they looked down at her.

''She looks....'' Bolin started.
''I know.'' Mako said.

''If we had found her earlier, she would be up, smiling and laughing as always.'' Bolin said with a sad expression on his face. Mako placed a hand on his brothers shoulder. ''She'll be okay.'' He said and hoped it was the truth.

They both looked one last time at her before they left and the healer started working again.

********************

''How about we go to my house and get my dad to cook for us?'' I said in the happiest way possible, just thinking about my dads delicious food.
''I can't. I need to train.'' Korra said coldly.

''Oh, again?'' I asked quietly with a sigh.
''Yeah I need to get done with my firebending training. But we'll see each other soon'' She left me again, and walked back to her training.

''Okay.'' I sighed and started walking back to my house.
She was always so busy.
We've been friends since we were 4, and nobody could ever tear us apart.
Would our friendship already end at 11?

I was walking through the tribe when I bumped into someone. I landed hard in the snow.
''If it isn't the lame non-bender.'' One of the waterbender kids said. I looked up only to get faced by snow.
The kids kept  throwing snow at me, pushing me down to the cold ground, and I had already given up fighting.

After some time it stopped, and as I was getting up from the ground I heard a familiar voice.
''What are you doing Naomi?'' I looked up at the tall man Tonraq.
''Just playing in the snow.'' I said with a laugh.
He smiled. ''Let me walk you home before you catch a cold.'' He said and took my hand.
He was like an uncle to me.

''You gotta stay strong if you wanna beat those bad benders.'' We both laughed when he used a silly voice.
''But how Tonraq? There is no way a non-bender like me can fight amazing benders like them.'' He stopped up and got down to my level of height.

''You just need to fight them with everything you've got. Show them who's the boss. And if that fails. Ask your father, he's got some tricks up his sleve.'' I smiled and he walked me home.

''I'm home!'' I yelled through the house.
''Oh, hey Nao.'' My mom said giving me a kiss on my forehead.

''How was your day?'' My dad asked me as he walked in with the usual calming smile on his lips.
''I talked with Korra, but she was too busy to do anything as always.'' I said with a little smile.
''But then I met Tonraq and he cheered me up!'' I said happily and sat down in one of the kitchen chairs.

''Oh, tell us about it.'' My dad sat down besides me, as my mom continued cooking.
I told him everything that had happened and he listened like he always would.

''And then Tonraq told me to do my best even though I can't bend'' I was so happy, in spite of the fact that I missed Korra.

''That's the spirit sweetie.'' My dad said and gave me a high five.
''He also told me to ask you for help. Something about you having something in your sleve.'' I looked inside of his sleve and he started laughing at my silly actions.

My mom looked at us. ''He couldn't have meant...'' She started, and my dad looked at her.
''Chi blocking?'' He said with a knowing smile.
''What's that? Some kind of tea?'' I asked interested in the topic.

They looked at each other, communicating through the  looks on their faces only .
That's how I would know, I found the right person in my future.
If we can communicate through a look, or eye contact , I'll know I've found the one.

''She's only 11.'' My mom said.
''And a half!'' I added and they both laughed.
''You heard her.'' My dad said, and my mom sighed.

''Okay, you can teach her. But not too much before she's older.''
He laughed and I looked at the both of them with a confused look.

''Teach me what?'' I asked looking at the both of them.
''Chi blocking.'' My dad answered

********************

3. Pov

The young avatar was healing her best friend Naomi, in hope she would open her big bright blue eyes.
''Still no luck?'' Tenzin said as he walked in.
''No.'' Korra said as she sat down.

''Her mother will be here soon, maybe that'll help.'' Tenzin said, looking down at Korra.
''Yeah. I just don't want her to go.'' she said.
''It's just until she get's better. She'll go back to the southern water tripe and get healed by Katara.'' He said and looked at Naomi.

Naomi looked skinny since she hadn't been eating for two weeks, her long hair looked even thiner, more blond than it already was and her skin was pale.

''Focus on being the avatar. I'll make sure she's okay.'' Tenzin finally said, which made the frustrated avatar storm out of there.

''Hope you'll wake up soon Naomi.''

********************

''That's it!'' My dad yelled after I successfully chi blocked his arm after a fight.
''You're getting better.'' he said and smiled at me.

''Thank you dad.'' I smiled and took some water.
I looked down at myself. Even though it was cold outside I wasn't wearing much since it was a hard work out to chi block. I had just turned 16, and my dad promised me he would finish my training soon. I was happy to make him so proud.

''Ready to go again?'' He asked after getting his arm back to work.
''Again?!'' I yelled in exhaustion. He simply gave me a laugh. 
''Are you too tired to fight your old man?'' He asked, getting into a fighting position.

I got up again. ''Okay I'll fight. But I wanna get something out of it if I win.'' I said.
He looked at me with a strange look. ''When I win, I wanna know the story behind your chi blocking.''
He just laughed. ''IF you win.''

*********************

3. Pov

''Naomi!'' Kya almost yelled when she finally saw her daughter.
She collapsed on her knees in front of the tub Naomi was laying in.

She took on of her hands in hers and looked at her with eyes of worry.
''Everything is going to be alright now.'' She promised, as she felt a tear run down her cheek.

''She's strong. Just like her dad. I know she'll be alright.'' Tenzin said, comforting his sister.
''I've been so worried about her.'' She admitted, standing back up.

''How is everything going with finding Korra?'' She asked as she started healing her daughter.
''We're still looking for her, we just need to get her friends out of prison. We need their help.'' He said with a sight.

Kya smiled weakly, and continued healing her daughter.
''It's like she's blocking me, but it's strange I can't explain it.'' She said very confused.

Tenzin started thinking. ''All of the healers and doctors said the same thing.''
''But it's impossible for a non-bender to block it, unless...'' She stopped admittedly.

''She's a bender.'' Tenzin said in realization.
''It all makes sense now. She wasn't even in the water when we found her, she was on the ground under the arena.'' Tenzin said with a big smile.
''But that's impossible. She was unconscious?'' Kya said, almost running out of hope.

''I think we're underestimating her. And I think she's going to wake up as soon as she is ready.'' They both smiled at each other.
''I hope you're right Tenzin. I hope you're right''

********************

I was so happy. I was finally done with my training and I couldn't wait to see my dad again. He just had to come home from his trip.

I was kicking and punching in the air when my mom came outside.
I looked at her with a smile.

As soon as I saw her expression, my smile faded.
She had tears running down her cheeks.
I ran as fast as I could over to her, just to catch her when she fell to the ground.

''N-Naomi...'' She cried out.
''What is it mom?'' I asked her, looking into her teary eyes.

''He... he's gone... he-he didn't make it home.''
My world froze when she said that. I could feel the tears.
They were on their way down.

''Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.''

I looked at her as she was singing the song, the song that would always hunt me. 

********************

''Come on Naomi, sing with me''

''Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.''

I could feel my toes move and my eyes didn't feel as heavy anymore.

''Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.''

I heard my mom's sad voice sing and I started moving my fingers.
I could feel her hands in my hair and she continued humming the rest of the song.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at her. She didn't even notice me, so I just smiled weakly.
''Somewhere over the rainbow.'' I sang queitly with my tired and weak voice.
She looked down at me, like she had seen a ghost.

''Naomi!'' She said and her arms trapped me in a hug.
I finally realized I was in a bathtub, with almost no clothes on.
How embarrassing.

''M-mom. What's going on, why are you here?'' I asked confused, and felt the rest of my body move with my mind.

''You don't remember?'' She asked.
I tried to remember what had happened. Everything clicked.
The Equalist. My family. My friends.

''I gotta help them'' I said as I got up from the bathtub.
As soon as I got up I almost tripped. I could feel how weak my body was, and how little control I had over it.
''Hey, easy there.'' My mom said and helped me stand up.

''How long was I out for?'' I asked, and when she didn't answer. I got even more worried.
''Hours? days?'' I asked.
''A few weeks.'' She answered and I panicked.

''Wait. What?! Wh-what happened. Are my friends okay?'' I asked.
She smiled when I stood by myself, finally.
''Well, most of them are fine.'' She answered worried for all of us.
''Most of them? did something happen?'' I asked.

''Korra got kidnapped by the Equalist. They're looking for her right now.'' My mom finally admitted.
I stood still, not believing it. It couldn't be true. She was too strong.

''No no no. I gotta help.'' I said worried for my best friend.
''But you're not even-'' I cut her off, even though i respected her.

''Help me get dressed, I need to find Marko and Bolin right now.'' I said determined.
She did as I said, and helped me with my hair.
''Maybe you should eat something'' She said.
I nodded and hugged her quickly before leaving.
''Be careful!'' She yelled, letting me go and handle my weak body myself.

She trusted me. 

___________________

Hello everyone, Ennama here! :)

Another chapter, filled with Naomi's story, and some cute Norra moments.
The song I used in this one is called: Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'Ole
I hope you liked it!

- Ennama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 85 17
This is an AU where 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen AtLA characters and some LoK characters are all friends, not family. Though there are some siblings (below...
2.5K 77 9
"What should we name her?" Kya asked, holding her new-born baby girl in her arms. Lin Beifong, the chief of police, looked over her wife's shoulder a...
202 8 6
Makinota was raised just outside the borders of the Northern Water Tribe for the first seven years of her life. When one day, her parents were killed...
26K 755 11
(Sequel to "To Feel Free") After months of searching for answers (Y/N) returns to her friends, only to be just in time to help another major crisis...