Castle Cay

By leeagain2

"When her best friend is murdered, Julie O'Hara, a body language expert, packs up her suspicion and flies to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 69

60 7 0
By leeagain2

The crack of the gun was the last thing Julie heard as she sank in the sea. It was opaque, full of sediment, and maybe twenty feet deep. She had jumped straight down, and now she stayed on the bottom under the dock, holding her breath in water that was moving violently and as numbing as a full-body ice pack.

Julie clung to the thick, slimy piling, thanking God for the barnacles that gave her something to grip. All the same, she tried not to cut herself, scared stiff to bleed in that roiled, muddy water. It was terrifying not to be able to see beyond arm's length! But she quickly realized the murkiness was a good thing because it meant that Susan couldn't see her, and Susan was far more dangerous than anything in the water.

Julie's lungs were exploding; she had to have some air! Slowly, she let herself rise to the surface.

"...ARE YOU, BITCH? YOU CAN'T STAY DOWN..."

Quickly, Julie sucked in the deepest breath she could manage and pulled herself down again beneath the dark, frigid water. Susan's garbled voice instantly faded away.

Clinging again to the thick piling, Julie hung on for dear life against the powerful, swirling current that threatened to tear her away. She waited and waited until she couldn't hold her breath a moment longer and was forced to come up for air.

Hand over hand, she rose to the surface, garbled sound becoming more distinct. There was tramping and yelling, men's voices. She broke the surface of the water out of sight under the dock, gratefully gulping a lungful of the salty air.

"...DOWN! PUT THE GUN DOWN! DO IT NOW! NO! DON'T...!"

Gunfire cracked again and there was a thump on the dock right over Julie's head.

"OH, SHIT!"

"IS SHE DEAD?"

She? It was Susan. Susan was shot! Julie moved to the outside of the piling, straining to see.

"HERE! I'M HERE! HELP ME!"

Suddenly, Joe appeared above her.

"MERLIN! HANG ON! WE'LL GET YOU OUT!"

It was Joe...

* * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 13.8K 30
Months after the killer of the Hunt has been locked up, a new string of deaths are pulsating through Bottle Island. This time, the police are quick t...
713 89 34
"And with one little touch, everything came crashing down..." ▪︎▪︎▪︎ Life changes. And most times for the best, but for Quince Delco? Definitely for...
124K 11.1K 29
After the chaos of two serial killers in Altswood, the island is finally at a calm. Luca Fern and Gabriel Kingston have become media darlings: the he...
4.7K 186 32
A teenage girl trying to live in two world's, let's just say that no one knows about her secret... Then once in a full moon she went back to the isl...