Castle Cay

By leeagain2

"When her best friend is murdered, Julie O'Hara, a body language expert, packs up her suspicion and flies to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74

Chapter 5

103 8 0
By leeagain2

Pete Soldano phoned Julia the next afternoon to tell her that she needed to be at the dealership the following morning for training. He also mentioned that there would be another person in the class.

At nine sharp, as nervous as a filly in a derby, Julia reported for duty. The store was empty, except for a slim guy with glasses on the other side of the showroom. She walked into the business office behind the reception desk, and found two women. One was standing, cradling a steaming mug of coffee. She had an old-fashioned pageboy hairdo, but appeared to be no more than twenty. Julia gave her a warm smile.

"Hi, I'm Julia...ah, Julie...the new saleswoman. I'm starting today."

"Hi...I'm Annie."

There was no return smile, just a nervous glance at the older woman, who turned toward Julia while pulling out a file drawer.

"Hello, Julie. I'm Mrs. Bennett, the Office Manager. I'll be with you as soon as I tend to a couple of things here. You and Marc Solomon - he's the other person in this class - you need to see some training films. Why don't you go out and introduce yourself to Marc, and I'll come out and get you in a few minutes?"

The showroom seemed cavernous to Julia with the lights off. She made her way around the shiny, new models toward the fellow she'd noticed before. He was sitting at one of the many round tables near the all-glass front of the room, sipping coffee. He saw her coming, and stood up, nearly knocking over his chair.

"Hi, I'm Julie Danes," she said. That's the new me, Julie. An overwhelming sense of beginning filled her as they shook hands. "I guess you're Marc Solomon, the other sales trainee?"

"Yup, that's me," he said with a sweet, shy smile. He glanced down and his wavy, light-brown hair fell over one side of his John Lennon glasses. "And, yes," he said, looking up, "I'm related to the boss."

"I thought you probably were."

"My father wants me to learn the business."

The staccato click-tap of Mrs. Bennett's pumps echoed through the showroom, and they both turned at the sound.

"Ah, there you are. I see you've found the coffee, Marc."

"Yes...thank you, Mrs. Bennett."

"Please, call me 'Laura', Marc. None of the salesmen call me 'Mrs. Bennett'. Would you like to get some coffee, Julie, before we start? It's right over there, by the Parts department."

Julie hurried to go grab a cup, pondering the word "salesmen".

I don't think I'll call her Laura yet...

* * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

354 27 27
Every twenty-five years, the isolated, Adirondack village of Pearl Cove hosts a town-wide scavenger hunt called Castle, available only to students in...
4.2K 791 31
-MYSTERY- I'm dead. Deceased. Definitely not breathing. Laying in my favorite striped bikini, the one that fit the absolute best, and showed off m...
456 24 38
"Dear Giles, I'm sure you already know what this note is going to say. Please, do find solace in this as it once again means your life is spared, but...
324 28 24
Due to her father's passing and financial loss, Parker Meyers and her mother have moved from their big home in New York, to the small cozy town of Ni...