Sing It For the World

By TradeMistakes

Mikayla is transferred to Performing Arts Prep. She has the talent of writing and art but soon discovers anot... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 13

1.3K 14 4
By TradeMistakes

~Lizlee~

After my crying night I got up and woke up Mikayla since she can't wake up for nothing! I had learned that the hard way.

One morning I had blasted her iPod on loud and nothing. I shook her, I smacked her, I even poured water on her but nothing. Then I accidentally tickled her and she ended up smacking me in the face! That bitch!

So I just did the easy thing and tickled her and ran behind my bed.

"Huh?" That was all she said. No ninja reflexes this time? So I had to hide for nothing!

"Get up or you're going to be late for school." I told her before going into the bathroom.

"Okay." I heard her respond before I heard her footsteps on the floor.

30 minutes later we were all walking to school along with Aaron. I was walking behind with my head down. Since I was in a gloomy mood I was listening to the song Candles by Hey Monday. Such a sentimental song.

"Stop moping around and cheer up please." Jacob pleaded.

"I'm sorry. You're right I need to cheer up I'm not going to walk into school crying." I replied  wiping away my snotty face on my sleeve.

The first four classes before lunch went by in a flash since I was lost in thought. When it was time for lunch we all made our way to our usual table. Angela has weirdly been avoiding us well mostly Mikayla but I was okay with it. actually I realized Angela wasn't even in class that day. Well she was absent.

While we were eating Mikayla said something random which lightened my spirits.

"Does rice ever remind you of mice?" She asked us since she was eating rice. We all turned to her.

"No. Why would you say that while we're eating?" Jason implied not wanting to eat anymore.

"Well rice sounds like mice so it reminded me of it." She explained.

"No that's just weird." Carson said.

"You-you're different." I told her.

"What? No I'm not I just make weird connections." She replied.

"Obviously." Jacob pointed out.

The rest of the time during lunch she just continued eating as if she hadn't said anything while everyone else kept on looking at her expecting her to say something again. The bell rang and we all went to class.

I was stuck in art class right now and Mikayla was excited since she loved art.

~Jason~

I noticed that Lizlee was crying before but she didn't bother telling us anything! Luckily by lunch time she seemed in a better mood due to Mikayla's random comment. I still call her Kayla thought cause I know it annoys her and she knows that I know.

She doesn't answer when I call her that but I still continue until she yells at me. Her anger amuses me. I'll admit ever since she transferred here I have had more fun in our dorm. She argued with  everyone and I mean everyone! She also questions everything. She got into a debate with our photography teacher debating about art being better than photography. Lizlee obviously had joined but Mikayla overpowered her.

If Mikayla became a lawyer I would want her as my lawyer cause she would be one scary lawyer.

"Psst! Kayla!" I whispered loudly. We were in art class and Mikayla was painting something but I couldn't see.

"Kayla!" I whispered. I saw her clench her paintbrush in frustration and gritted her teeth.

The bell rang and Mikayla dashed out obviously annoyed and I smirked. We finally went to choir and I noticed that Lizlee was still sad and gloomy. She was going to sing first and I was hoping she wouldn't start crying in front of everyone because she is known for doing that during family reunions.

I sat down and so did everyone else. Mikayla sat all the way across from me and glared at me  knowing if I got any closer she would stab me. (She carried around pencils and she used those as a weapon)

"Lizlee you're up." The choir teacher announced. I crossed my fingers hoping she wouldn't cry since she already looked like she was.

~Lizlee~

I was up and I felt on the verge of tears. Still I held them in and got in front of the class and grabbed the microphone.

"I'll be singing Therapy by All Time Low and I think this song represents me because that's how I feel and how people treat me so here it goes." I announced and told the band to start the right chords.

Arrogant boy, love yourself so no one has to. 

That part was dedicated to Aiden. That arrogant jerk! I wasn't going to tell them though. I finished the song and everybody broke into a roaring clapping crowd. They had done the same for Mikayla and I didn't think I would meet her good vocals.

I wanted to cry so once I finished the song I grabbed my bag and rushed out of class even if the bell hadn't rang yet.

I ran through the halls and luckily everyone was in class so I ran all the way outside to the side of the building. I just paced back and forth there moving my wavy hair out of the way of my face while tears continued running down.

I thought it could change here too but it never will.

~Mikayla~

Once Lizlee ran out the door I followed her. The teacher just continued with the students singing their solo but I followed Lizlee through the hallways to outside. Jason was gonna go comfort his cousin but I made him sit down and let me handle it. This was a girl thing. Yes I can be very kind and caring when I needed to be and this was one of those times.

"Lizlee!" I yelled but she didn't hear me. We got outside and I yelled her name again. This time she heard me. I noticed she was crying alot.

"Why are you crying?" I asked her gently. We were alone out there since everyone was in class.

"Aiden. My life." She responded.

"What happened with Aiden?" I asked her.

"He broke up with me because apparently I'm not worth it and he's right." She admitted.

"Look Aiden was a jerk then! He doesn't deserve you and you'll find someone better who likes you for who you are." I told her.

"Don't you get it?! I'm not worth anything! Anywhere I go I'll always be the loner of the school! No one will want to be my friend and everybody will just think that I'm some worthless piece of trash. You wouldn't know how it feels now would you since everybody likes you!" She snapped. I could feel a tear going down my eye.

No one has ever made me cry but what she just said brought all the painful memories that i kept locked up coming at me all at once.

"Actually I would. I have been treated like trash. I've been abused and dragged around as if I wasn't worth anything and no not everyone likes me. Many people hate me but I learn to ignore it all. Guess why I'm so mean sometimes so people won't think I'm weak and leave me alone. I learned to deal with it all and stay strong." I confessed.

She stared at me in disbelief and then guilt flashed her face. I was crying alot now and I turned around and walked away to the dorm. I wanted to crawl in a ball and never come out of it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know! I'm so selfish." Lizlee whispered the last part.

I just continued walking with flashbacks going through my head back and forth. I winced at every memory.

I felt pain I just didn't deal with it but sometimes it just comes back biting you in the butt. I finally got to the dorm and I went into my room dropping my stuff on the floor and getting under the covers and hiding under them.

I heard Lizlee come in running to our room.

"What happened before you transferred here? You never talk about your family or where you came from and I need to know what happened so I can understand." Lizlee explained standing over my bed but I remained quiet.

After a few minutes of me not getting out from under the covers I heard her sigh and then walk away to the living room. I wouldn;t tell anyone what really happened. I wasn't going to relive it once again.

I heard whispers coming from the living room knowing school was now over and the guys had finally gotten back to the dorm. I ignored it though and went into the only escape I had, sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 932 31
Mikayla is used to working hard. As the only person in her house, she works multiple jobs to pay the bills and put food in the cupboards. Having no f...
1M 17K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
1.3K 105 45
Ryan is a high school junior. It's her first year in high school. She's been home schooled her entire life due to her overprotective mother. Her firs...
191K 11.2K 20
In which the popular boy attempts to use an exchange student to make his ex girlfriend jealous, but his ex ends up (fake) dating the exchange student...