Winter Prey

Autorstwa TMSimmons

Story Description: Terrified she will harm her newly-adopted daughter in the throes of a PTSD flashback, Kymb... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49

Chapter 48

53 8 0
Autorstwa TMSimmons

Chapter 48

It stared down from the mouth of the lair as She climbed the hill. Her snowshoes rode atop the drifts as though she were weightless. It tried to remember the feeling from a few days ago, standing here on the first day of this season's wakening. Tried to recall that long-lost emotion of hope. Instead, hunger tore at It.

No! This cannot be. This will not be. She is not prey. She is the answer to all these seasons of punishment and torment. The release I need. I have paid the price for what I did. I lost the woman I loved, the life we could have had, missed out on seeing our son that she carried. It is time for this to end.

But the closer the woman came, the stronger the two sensations raged inside and tortured It. Hope and hunger both vied for dominance. When hope reigned briefly, It struggled to keep that in the forefront. But hunger would growl upwards as the sensations of satisfaction after a meal and heightened powers battled for notice.

It hadn't fulfilled the number of prey for this season. Could this existence end without that?

The figure moving up the hill held the promise of satiation, the fat and lean meat, the warm red blood, sinew and marrow, which renewed the power each season. Power that grew until It was able to forget the pain and regrets of this existence. Power also fed by the revenge exacted from the descendants of the man who had exposed Its cannibalism and led It to this existence.

By the time She was close enough for It to see the dark brown depths of her eyes through the slits in the facemask, hope dominated. The need for vengeance paled when compared to the thought of finding Nimiwin in the land of their ancestors. Her death might satisfy It for a while, but only until hunger surfaced again. Hope, if fed correctly, would culminate in the greatest satisfaction of all.

She halted when It stepped out the entrance to the lair. Horror, fear and determination warred in her eyes. It hesitated, waiting. A mistake, It realized at once. Her smell carried on a slight uphill wind. Hunger gained victory, and in the blink of an eye in time, It had the woman in Its paws back inside the lair. She screamed in terror and clawed, barely missing Its eyes. Enraged, It flung her against the wall, and She crumbled. Hunger roared in triumph.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

3K 224 34
Her voice trembles. "You can stop pretending. It clearly isn't working," Please believe my lies. "I didn't think she would be so quick to catch on."...
8.5K 104 28
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤. ~ Four years ago, Evelyn was pushed...
9.9K 1K 37
Forced to marry a man she doesn't know; Abbie has no choice but to move on the secluded ranch and into a ran down cabin. Surrounded by acres of woods...
8.2K 408 14
Since the tragedy that befell the pack ten years ago, Kronos Reinhardt has become mute. He cannot communicate and utter a single word to those around...