Dear Prudence

By VintageDreams26

Prudence just wanted to go to India like almost every other young adult did in the late '60's. What she was n... More

Chapter 1 If I Fell
Chapter 2 It's Only Love
Chapter 3 I'm Looking Through You
Chapter 4 I'll Get You
Chapter 5 Good Morning Good Morning
Chapter 6 P.S. I Love You
Chapter 8 I'm So Tired
Chapter 9 Run For Your Life
Chapter 10 Sexy Sadie
Chapter 11 Blue Jay Way
Chapter 12 Julia
Chapter 13 Dear Prudence

Chapter 7 We Can Work it Out

308 12 1
By VintageDreams26

Prudence's POV

I woke up to brightness. It took my eyes a second to adjust to the sunlight. I sat up and looked around. I turned to see someone on a matress next to me. I jumped, startled. 

It's just John you scaredy cat!

I calmed down quickly. I remembered last night how we talked, nothing out of the ordinary. I think that did fall asleep while he was telling me something, but it's not like it could've been that important. I mean, probably something along the lines of 'Goodnight'

I stared at him for a second. His hair was ruffled up and the sun reflected off of his eyelashes. His breathes were slow and he would let out a gentle snore every now and then. He seemed so... peaceful that's the word. 

I stretched my arms out and crawled out of my sleeping bag. I carefully rolled it up and leaned my pillow against it. I rolled up the yoga mat and pushed it to the edge of the tent. I stood up as quietly as I could and unzipped the tent. 

I grabbed my stuff and stepped out of the tent. I looked at John one last time before zipping up the tent,

I walked over to my tent, smiling, and plopped all of my stuff inside of it. 

A piece of paper caught my attention. I picked it up and scanned it. 

It was my poem that I wrote last night. A sudden realization hit me. 

Great job Prudence! You're falling into his trap! He's going to break you! Become the dominant person! Learn to say no! Don't hang out with him again! 

John's POV

I rubbed my eyes until they were opened. 

Prudence!

I sat up quickly, smiling. I looked next to me but she wasn't there anymore. I felt the smile disapear from my face.

Why did she leave?   

Don't over react John! She's probably just getting dressed or something like that!

I shrugged it off and crawled out of the sleeping bag. It's hot! I walked out in only my boxers, forgetting that I wasn't at home. 

"Lennon, where are you're pants?" I heard Paul call to me. 

I blushed madly, quickly running back into my tent. This was going to be a long day...

Prudence's POV

I was just talking to Jane and Maureen about America when Paul yelled "Lennon, where are you're pants?" We all turned to see John wearing nothing but boxers and he was blushing madly. He quickly ran into his tent. 

Jane and Maureen began giggling. 

Don't blush, Don't blush! You do not like him, I repeat, you do NOT like him!

Jane opened her mouth to say something to me.

I shifted uncomfortably. Jane seemed to notice and held back whatever she was going to say. I walked over to my tent and meditated. If what Maharishi said was true, maybe God will  give me the answers. 

****Four Hours Later...****

I heard everyone gathering to the center of the camp. I crawled out of my tent and sat down in the same spot that I did yesterday. Everyone sat down and we began meditating. I sat patiently waiting for god to answer my questions. Still, nothing. 

The bell rang signaling the end of our meditation. I left my eyes closed for an extra minute, trying to reach god in the last couple of seconds. I finally decided to open my eyes, giving up... for now. 

"This signals three hours of meditation." I heard Maharishi say to us all. He seemed to be smiling at me though. 

Wow Prudence! You've meditated about 7 hours today!

Despite my realization of this, I felt like my day had been accomplished. I calmly walked over to Pattie, Jane, and Maureen.

"Hi" They greeted me. "Hi" I replied.

"So... how was your night with John?" Pattie asked. I hadn't quite found the word to describe Pattie until now. She is gossip-y.

"Uh... good I guess." I replied, not quite sure how to answer that question. 

"What did you guys do?" Jane asked, giggling once she realized a different way to process the question.

"We talked... yeah, that's pretty much it." I said. 

"What did you talk about?" Pattie asked, waiting for something juicy to pop up in this conversation.

"Music, Life, Books." I said, calmly. 

"Oh." Pattie said sounding a bit disapointed.

"So... how's Ringo?" Pattie asked Maureen hopefully. 

"I don't think that he likes it here... we will probably be leaving in a week or so." Maureen mumbled the last part.

"WHAT!?!?!?" Pattie yelled. The entire camp went silent and everybody turned their attention to us. 

"Nothing to see here, move on with your lives, have a nice day." Jane said, waving her hands to gesture people to move along.

I couldn't help but giggle at Jane. Pattie glared at us both while we just smiled sheepishly at her. Maureen looked uncomfortable behind Pattie.

Pattie turned back towards Maureen. "Mo, you have got to be kidding!" Pattie said sounding desperate. 

"Pattie, I think that you're just over reacting! Ringo and I simply aren't enjoying ourselves here! It's not like we're never going to see each other again, as soon as George and you come back to England, we can gossip." Maureen said sounding calm. 

Pattie let out an exasperated huff. "If it's what you really want..."

"Thank you for understanding Pattie." Maureen said gratfully. "But I'm not gone yet, so let's have the time of our lives!!!" Maureen yelled and ran towards a random path. Pattie giggled and chased after Maureen.

Jane and I shrugged and we followed the two of them down the path. 

It seemed like we had been running for hours although I knew that it probably had just been ten minutes. Jane and I fell further and further behind Pattie and Maureen. Man, could they run!

Jane and I gradually slowed down until we were walking. Jane smiled at me, happy that she wasn't alone. Suddenly her expression changed. She seemed scared. 

"Where are we?" She asked, shakily.

"I have no clue!" I said suddenly becoming scared. 

"We have to go back!" Jane whimpered. 

It was true, who know's what's lurking in this forest?

"But what about Pattie and Maureen?" I asked, scared for all of us. 

"PATTIE!" She yelled. 

"Jane!" I said, hushed. "We don't want to draw an animal's attention!"

She paled. "What are we going to do then?" She asked.

There was a silence while I thought for a moment. 

We can't just leave them out in the forest! What if something happens?!

We can't follow them either though! Who knows how we got here? We'll be even more lost!

AND we can't call them! That would draw a predator's attention to us!

A twig snapped behind us. Jane and I screamed. We turned around to see Paul walking towards us, followed by John and Ringo. 

Where's George? Probably conversing with Maharishi or meditating...

Jane ran to Paul and flung her arms around his neck. "You have no idea how happy we are to see you guys!" Jane said, pecking Paul's lips. 

John and Ringo walked over to me. I felt a bit nervous about nothing. It was just John's presence I guess. We stood in awkward silence while Jane and Paul made out behind us. 

"So... what are you girls doing out in the woods?" Ringo asked, breaking the silence. 

"Maureen ran into the woods and Pattie followed her so Jane and I just tagged along but we got tired and here we are." I replied. 

"Then where's Mo and Pattie?" Ringo asked sounding concerned. 

"We're not sure... we were getting worried since it will be getting dark soon" I replied, staring at my feet. "Why are you guys here?" I asked, suddenly realizing that they had probably followed us. 

"Well... we wanted to go walking in the woods... um... and then... we um.... uh..." Ringo said, trying to come up with an excuse. I smirked.

"We just wanted to make sure you girls would be okay." John said calmly, staring into my eyes. 

I blushed. Come on Prudence get yourself together! 

"Well, we didn't need your help. We were doing perfectly fine." I said coldly. Ringo looked taken by surprise at my change in tone. 

"Obviously not, you're missing two fourths." John said, returning my coldness.

Ringo stood back, staring at us both like we were crazy.

John's POV

What are you doing John!?! 

If she wants to fight, let's fight!

John stop it! You're going to regret this!

Stop acting like Mimi!

"Why did you even follow us in the first place? Did you think that we were going to do something stupid or get into trouble?" She asked, near to yelling.

"Of course! Cause that's all you are Prudence, trouble!" I replied, regreting it after I said it. Prudence's eyes teared up. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it. She turned around without saying another word and ran in the direction we came from.

Nice John! She'll really want you now! 

Stop being so sarcastic! She deserved it anyways, she was doing the same thing back!

You barely know her, besides it seems like there's something bothering her!

Why are you so mad at her anyways?

She left me ths morning and hasn't been nice ever since!

Why am I haveing this conversation with myself anyways? Why do I even talk to myself?

You are one wierd person, John Lennon.

Ringo sent me a disaproving glance before shaking his head, and walking toward Jane and Paul. 

I looked around for something to distract myself but it was difficult. 

We looked around and called for Pattie and Mo a couple of times but we had no luck. We walked back to the camp to find them already there.

"Where's Prudence?" I asked Pattie the second I saw her. 

"She's been meditating for two hours! That's all she's done all day!" Pattie said, looking disapointed. 

 I nodded and walked back to my tent. There's no point in trying to talk to her while she's meditating, that'll only make her more pissed. I'll just wait until tomorrow to talk to her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 233 33
John Lennon's baby sister can't do anything without his protection, he guards her with his life. But when she falls for longtime friend and John's yo...
35K 1K 41
~Love is a very complicated thing...it's even more complicated when you fall in love with your bestfriend.~ Will Prudence ever feel the emotions Paul...
12.2K 299 29
Rita Smith and her family moves from Wales to Liverpool, England. Little does she know that she'll fall for a boy her own kind, but when running away...
53.4K 1.6K 31
A few days after watching his mate Ringo get married, George finds himself reflecting on his life as a single man. He feels down, disillusioned even...