Beast Within KH/FF

By kayzay

[Name], a young girl who was driven from her home from demons is taken in by a kind family. Now seventeen, sh... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Beast Within KH/FF

1.1K 25 11
By kayzay

Well my inspiration for this is Dungeon Hunter 3 & 4, but I came up with the plot in US History one day. I don't know if I'll keep up with the updates on this, I can barely do it on my other story. But I just really wanted to get this out on some..paper.... well let me know what you think, its a bit rough, but whatever! :)

*********************

The young girl quickly ran through the dark forest, escaping the danger behind her. Her little feet made no sound and were quick and nimble like a cat's. As she looked behind her, she fell to her knees. Scrambling back onto her feet, she breathed deeply then continued her run to escape.

Even at a young age, she could feel the ominous air that surrounded her. She continued running as fast as her tiny legs could carry her.

She was starting to slow down against her will. She finally collapsed onto the ground in a heap of tangled hair and tattered clothes. She took a look around and saw the tall, dark, twisted trees that surrounded her along with their dismantled branches on the ground. The ground itself was covered with a mixture of dirt and sharp rocks sprinkled within the area. The only thing she could hear was the distant cries of a destroyed village, the one she called home.

The young girl sat there for a little longer, glancing in the direction she came from, searching for anyone or anything that was trying to capture her. She didn't know what fate her family face, she was just a child who listened to her parents when they say. Even if she was told to run and not come back.

A lonely tear escaped her eye and trailed down her cheek. Though young, she was taught how to survive. She knew she needed to keep going until she was out of the dangerous forest.

She slowly climbed back up to her feet, one hand on a tree to help her balance. Once upright, she took a step on shaky legs. She took another unstable step and almost fell. Soon she was starting to walk, but at a slow pace.

She decided to follow the small, fast running stream, just as her father advised her to do if she was ever lost in a forest. He told her she had a higher chance of finding people that way.

She continued at the slow pace until she heard an all to familiar growl. It was still distant but she knew what that meant. They were coming. She picked up her pace on tired legs and continued her path along the fast flowing stream.

After a few minutes, she fell to the ground once again. This time, she didn't move, her hair sticking to her wet face. She heard the growls coming closer. She quickly looked around for any cover and her eyes landed on a bush not too far away. She crawled on her hands and knees until she reached it and hid in it.

The growls came closer with every breath she took. She peeked through the leaves and saw what she feared the most. She saw them, demons. The ones that were in front of her she recognised as Hunds.

They looked like normal black dogs except for their devilish, red eyes and their abnormally elongated claws and teeth. The fact that their was nearly a dozen and half of them were Fire Hounds scared her immensely. Fire Hunds had fire running in their veins and it showed by the flames that engulfed their legs.

The girl tried to hold her breath they wouldn't here her loud, ragged breathing. The dog like creatures sniffed at the air and ground, searching for any escaped villagers.

There was a quiet snap of a broken twigs and the Hounds immediately ran towards it, leaving the girl far away from them. The girl waited until she saw the light of their flames fade into the distance. She crawled out of the bush and continued to walk the path of the stream. She slowly lifted her small head up to the sky and saw the full moon shining bright, and casting an eerie glow in the forest.

She them realized that if she was able to see the moon early, the trees were fewer and fewer by the number. She stumbled along the path until there were no trees in sight and knew she made it out of the forest.

She slowly sat down beside a small pond. She leaned over the water edge and jumped from the reflection she saw, but calmed down when she realized it was only her tattered, dirty self. She stuck her tiny hands in the water and scooped some up in her oms and brought it to her dry mouth.

Shakiness still affected her and her eyes started to droop. She was about to lay down when she heard a voice. A voice of young boy who had to be only a few years older then her seven year old self. Through her blurred vision she saw his silhouette beside a taller silhouette of a woman. Next thing she knew, the women had scooped the girl into her and started to speak reassuring words. Telling her to be strong. It was at this moment when the girl knew she was saved.

---------------------------

Clink. Clink. The sound of metal meeting metal echoed in your ears. You felt beads of sweat dripping off your forehead and into your eyes. You gripped the sword in your hand tighter as you swung at your opponent again. The two swords met again as your opponent had a strong grip. You were unable to use your sword to push away his. You let your sword drop.

You breathed deeply as you went straight down to sit on your butt. You looked up at your opponent, the sun glaring in your eyes. He wore that all too familiar smirk and his bright blue eyes shined as he soon sat back down beside you, his black hair was wet with sweat.

"You put up a good fight, like always, [Name]." You scoffed,

"Until you get the upper hand. You know I don't have the upper body strength to push you away." About to argue, he opened his mouth until you heard a familiar voice call out,

"[Name]! Zackary! Come eat, quick!"

Zack groaned as he heaved himself up from the ground. He brushed off some dirt and held out his hand, offering to help you up. You grabbed it and he easily pulled you back up.

You both continued to walk up the small, rocky path that led to the small wooden house you both called home. You walked into the house and the first thing you noticed was the delicious smell that enveloped you. You looked towards the fire place and saw the kindest woman you've ever known, stirring a pot of stew.

She was a little taller than you with the same black hair of her youngest son. She seemed like she barely aged from the day she saved you and took you under her wing. Her kind brown eyes smiling as she saw you two walk in sluggishly.

"Well, it seems you two had quite the training session," she grabbed two bowls and placed them on the table and you smiled,

"Of course, if Zack wants to be a soldier in the army, and I a blade master, we can't settle for boring," the women smiled as she poured stew into your bowl,"Thank you, Avarietta."

"You have lived here for how long now and I still be to tell you that you don't have to call me that." You shrugged as you put the spoonful of stew up to your mouth. Avarietta and Zack had saved you when you were young, running from danger,"Oh, Terra will be coming home for a few days. He should be showing up soon."

Terra was Zack's older brother by about three years. He lived in the city and was in the army, but he started visiting home more often after his father died in the Demon War of Fallen River. The boys' dad was none other than Sir Isaac Fair, renown general. He had brown hair like Terra and his eyes were a bright blue that was handed down to his sons.

"[Name]," Avarietta continued,"Are you sure you want to become a blade master? I mean, you would be a great wife, you're such a pretty girl. Did you not see how the oldest of Sir Strife's sons was looking at you the other day at the market?"

"Ava," you were one of the only people who called her by her nickname but of course she didn't mind,"I don't want to be used to only make tiny soldiers and tiny house wives." The woman looked at you with her kind face but didn't reply because soon the door opened, revealing a certain brown haired male.

"Terra!" You and Ava both said as you two stood up and gave the brunette a hug. Zack calmly followed suit. After the greetings, Terra continued,

"I have something here for you all. Zack and [Name], I was able to bring you two new training swords. Mother and [Name], I was able to to get my hands on some new dresses at the market."

He motioned towards the door where two new swords were leaning against the wood, and Zack immediately went over to examine them. Out of his bag, Terra pulled out a beautiful blue dress that he he to his mother. Next, he pulled put a dress that had darker blue fabric and had a floral design in a beautiful silver color.

He handed it to you and you were amazed at how soft it was. You gave him another hug and went to put your new dress in your room. When you got back, everyone was sitting at the table visiting. You took your seat and listened to the conversation. Ava must have asked for the latest topic of gossip because that is what Terra seemed to be talking about.

"There is a rumor that a woman is claiming to have Sir Strife's bastard sons, but nobody believes it." Ava waved her hand,

"Folks are starting to go on about that again? I don't believe those boys are his. They aren't that similar in appearance."

"Who?" you asked as Terra sighed,

"Well, you know who Cloud is, correct?  He has two younger brothers your age also. But there are two other boys running around in the village that people are claiming as Strife lineage, Sora and Vanitas I do believe they are named."

"I know their mother, she came to me in panic while pregnant. They are not Strife's." Ava explained as Terra looked at her,

"Then who is their father?" Zack cleared his throat,

"Does it matter? Well, when you two are gonna gossip, [Name] and I are heading towards the market. Needs any supplies?"

"Bread and fruit please. Make sure to not buy the expensive stuff."

Zack nodded his head and you went to change into a dress since Zack won't bring you anywhere unless you have dress on. You decided to where the new dress Terra had brought you, mostly because it was still on your bed and easy to get to. After quickly slipping on the simple dress, you walked out to meet Zack.

The walk to the small village wasn't very long. It was the walk to to the bigger village that surrounded the castle that was long.  You two started to walk down the dirt path that led to the small village. It was a beautiful day out, just like any other late Spring afternoon. The sun was shining, the breeze gentle, and the sound of livestock from a field a ways away.

"[Name], are you sure you want to be a blade master? You really just teach yourself and kill demons all the time. You won't have much of a life."

"Zack, I told you. I want to be one. Like it or not. It is what I want to do."

He was about to talk when a brunette male interrupted,

"Zackary Fair!"

You both turned around and saw a teen you haven't seen for several years, Leon.  His stoic face had a smirk on it as he walked up closer to you two,

"I wouldn't have imagined you'd settle down this early, Zack."

"Leon," you started,"It's me, [Name]."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I haven't seen you for awhile. You've grown."

Leon had always irritated you as a child. He was quite annoying when he was younger. Until demons set his house on fire and lost everything but his mother, who had permanent damage done to her. So he's been traveling all around since he was twelve, looking for a doctor to heal her.

"Yes, we haven't seen you either for awhile," Zack started as he motioned for Leon to walk with the two of you,"How goes everything?"

"Mother started speaking as few days back, so I stopped searching and we came back here." Zack and Leon continued talking while you stayed quiet, observing your surroundings when something caught your eye. It was a small, light colored creature. You sighed as you saw it was a water goblin. They created a lot of chaos and there hasn't been one around your are for awhile.

You slowly grabbed the throwing dagger you had hidden and kept your gaze locked on the creature. It was really close and you were surprised it hadn't ran away yet.

"Look! A water goblin!" Leon whisper shouted and you sighed, quickly throwing the dagger at the creature, piercing its heart.

"I forgot how good your aim is." Leon said without emotion. Before you could say anything, Zack spoke,

"There's the market. Let's go, good bye for now Leon." Leon waved while he walked away from you two. You saw the small market was already filled with people as Zack led you to the center of the market. He already knew the vendors he wanted to go to so he didn't waste anytime buying the food that was needed.

You started to wander off, being too bored to go watch Zack try to lower the prices on the goods. You were slowly walking when somebody ran into you. It with so much force that you and the person who ran into both fell down.

You let out a small groan and was about to get back up when a hand was in front of your face. You looked up at the person who had blond spiky hair reminding you of Cloud. It was then you realized it was one of then Strife twins.

"Oh no! Sorry! [Name], right? Hurry, follow me!"

The boy helped you up and kept a hold of your hand as he continued running. You were still unsure about which twin it was but you didn't say anything. Soon you two ended up in an alley that was close to the market. He stopped there and neither of you seemed too winded. The boy smiled,

"If you haven't found out, I'm Roxas. It seems like you and Zack are still training with each other." You nodded your head and sighed,

"Why were you running?" He took a seat on the ground and started to explain,

"Well, I was with my friend, Hope. And apparently he stole something from the market. I didn't know this until this blonde mad woman came running at us with few guards, calling us thieves and threatening to hang us her the order of Xemnas." You hummed in response trying to find why Hope's name sounded so familiar.

"Where is this Hope boy at." As if on cue, a boy with silver hair whipped into the alley. His eyes were full of panic until he saw us, and he soon relaxed.

"Hope, this is [Name], the one who lives with Zack," Hope nodded his head,

"Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." You slightly smiled then looked down at the ground,"Wait, when did you start living with Zack?"

"When I was about seven. I had to flee my village because of a demon attack."

"Yes," Hope continued,"I had to do the same thing. I had a best friend that I haven't seen since that event either." You lifted an eyebrow, but soon everything clicked.

"Hope Estheim! Oh my goddess! I remember you!" you exclaimed as you two both smiled wide. You laughed and gave him a hug. But your reunion was court short when a woman's voice ringed through your ears.

"Ahh what a happy time. Too bad you are all getting hanged. You as the thief, then you two as accomplices."

You saw the blonde woman that even Zack avoided. She wore a sick grin that matched the man behind her. You recognized her as Larxene the seventh officer of Xemas, ready to lead you three to the gallows with the help of the eleventh officer. The Savage Nymph and the Graceful Assassin had arrived for their prizes.

*****

Why did I start another story ugheibchdksnxnshisndnd. Anyways as for updates on this...they won't be on a regular basis, that's for sure.But I do kinda like it so far. The B.O.C.s are pretty much the same ones from my other story. But anyways let me know what you think about it, please :)

PS

oh! do you know who Axl Rose is? (You know he was the lead singer of the 80s rock band Guns N' Roses) He was actually a Sunday school teacher before he became a rock star. If you did know that, sorry, I just found out from my mom. teehee. And I just had to share that...haha anyways, I'm done being weird now.Ta ta!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 9.7K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
975K 38.7K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
308K 17.6K 69
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
218K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...