Chapter 3

Okay, here we go. Got some of this chapter from a Within Temptation song. So yeah.

*******

???'s POV

The rain was hiting my face hard as I rode through the storm.The horse was moving unusually fast for riding through puddles of water. Usually it would slow down, but not this time..Another roar of thunder came after a streak of lighting shot across the sky.

I turned around to make sure there was nobody or nothing following me. O rode for a few moments until a sheet of lightning enveloped the land around me. My horse momentarily hesitated, when I caught sight of movement in front of me. I looked and saw multiple shadows form around me,

"Shit," I breathed as I realized I was surrounded by demons. I couldn't necessarily define what kind they were but I squeezed my horse and urged it to jump over the monsters with a bit of a headstart.

I continued the last stretch and dodged the storm demons that surrounded me. After what seems like forever, I finally found myself at the house which was thankfully an inn. I dismounted my horse and walked into the inn, which was named the Shiny Water Inn, I mentally groaned at the poor name. I kept my hood up as I enter and got myself a room, and a guarded stable. There was no way I'd lose my horse.

"Did you want something to drink?" I turned around and saw a young girl standing there, possibly a few years younger than I. I shook my head as she questioned further,"Why do you have your hood up, mister? I mean if you are a mister?"

"I am a mister, but I choose to keep my identity on the downlow, now go along and serve your tables, don't want to keep some of these brutes waiting." She nodded her head and went along her buisiness as I turned around the to the inn keeper.

"How long until the nearest city?"

"Only about half a day's ride if you head towards the setting sun. But the amount of demons on Lightwood Path, it could take longer." I nodded my head and thanked the man as I made my way to the upstairs where my room was.

After washing my face off, I sighed as I changed out of my soaked traveling clothes and into dry sleepwear. The rooms weren't fancy but they were  enough. I went under the covers and soon fell asleep.

[Name]'s POV

You were currently making breakfast as Ava and Terra came into the room in deep discussion.

"Terra, are you sure? That's not an easy job," Ava said as Terra shook his head,

"I'm sure, nothing's easy anymore anyway."

"What are you talking bout?" You asked as you cooked the eggs a bit more. Ava sighed,

"Well, Terra wants this job,and um, I'm not sure how to explain it." Zack soon came in with Hope by his side. The ravenette shook his head,

"Terra wants to be the hand of sorrow." The room was quiet as you took in what you just heard. You turned to the brunette with a hand on your hip,

"Hand of sorrow, for King Xemnas. Really?You know what that job means, right?" Terra didn't answer as confusion was written on Hope's face. Ava sighed,

"Well, can't do much about it. You know you won't be able to back out right?" Terra nodded his head as you began dishing up everybody's plates. It was a quiet meal and you ate quickly. Hope was also done when you were done, so you dragged him along to do your chores and head into town.

For awhile, you two walked in complete silence. Until Hope broke the silence,

"So, how does this hand of sorrow and other social statuses work. I'm not even sure about it." You sighed,