My Sire Is A Myth

By Lady_Escapist

My head snapped to the side as he slapped me forcefully on the cheek. I kept my head down not allowing him to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Chapter 11

21.9K 946 49
By Lady_Escapist

Please vote and comment, thank you! :-)

Also a shout out and a huge THANK YOU too my best friend on wattpad RachidaAnejjar for the beautiful cover she made for me. Check out her profile and read her capturing books!

***********

Officer Gabe POV

I stood in shock staring at her.

Avery.

The sweet daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Young.
Here she was, in a vampire mansion locked in a dark cell, suffering. The same place I had spent a lot of time in. Memories of those days flooded my mind but I quickly pushed them away and looked at her again.

  I cringed, 'Why the hell does she look so miserable?'

The excitement had left her blue eyes and they were pleading.
I had said, I wasn't here to take her home.

"Avery do you know what these people are?" I asked her quietly.

She looked at me in disbelief.
"You know? " she whispered.

"Say it Avery, what are they?" I had to hear her say it I didn't know why though.

She looked from me to Castor, who stood quietly in the cell entrance.

"Vampires," it came over her lips in a terrified whisper.

"I'm sorry Avery you should never have discovered." I looked into her sad eyes.

Again her eyes carried disbelief with a mix of disapproval.
"You knew.....how? "She stuttered "I mean I thought, and I bet everybody else does, that they don't exist."

"I know" I said, knowing what she was experiencing. "I once thought that too. Until I was captivated by  them for three years in this same room. "

She sat motionless on the ground staring at me.
"I don't understand" she whispered.

"It doesn't matter" I said quickly.

"But they let you out so why can't they let me out either? " she said confusion clouding her features.

"Avery a law has been broken, they can't let you go. It would put all your family and friends in danger," Castor had told me to keep it short that if they wanted Avery to know they would tell her themselves what law exactly had been broken or how it worked.
"But...." she bit her lip. " I don't understand" she said again.

"I know you don't,  but one day you might".

Sir Castor cleared his throat and I knew that he wanted me to leave.

"Avery listen whatever happens, don't give up," giving her a last glance I turned around and walked out of the dark dungeon.

I heard her call after me. It was so hard leaving her in the horrible place but I had no power over this. And I hated to have no power.  My nature was to protect people and search for the best. Now I had to just walk away.

Once out of the dungeon I turned to face Sir Castor.

"What are you doing to her, why do you have her locked up? She looks miserable don't you think it's bad enough for her, the fact that she's been bitten?" He was taller then me but I still looked at him with angry eyes.

  Castor glared back at me and his jaw was clenched "Human, watch your tone around me," he growled.

I shrank back a step, I hated to admit it, but I was afraid of this man.

"Look this hasn't happened since it was forbidden, we don't know what's happening to her or happening at all, we have to take precautions". Castor explained and I was surprised he would explain after all.

"Just tell me what the hell am I supposed to tell her parents?" I asked him. After being captive for three years I decided to become a police to protect my people from danger they weren't aware of.

He breathed out and looked as if in thought.
"That's for you to figure out". He said and walked me to the door.

I was to frustrated to say something....what would I tell them? Why did I even think of going here in the first place? 
  I was glad to have found Avery but I hated where I had found her...
  "What will you do with her", I asked afraid to hear the answer.

"Honestly I don't know.", Castor's voice was cold.

I looked at him in surprise. They didn't know what to do with her?
'Mhh interesting they don't even know.'  Which made me worry even more.

Suddenly I felt my heart ache and someone pushed me to the wall. I felt something around my waist and then I smelled her.

'Seline.'

Automatically I embraced her and buried my head in her shoulder.
It was torturous living apart from her. Even though I was a human, the connection was strong.

  (Seline)

She pulled away and took my face in her hands.

"I'm so happy to see you!", she exclaimed. Her black eyes flickered.

"Me too" I whispered.

"What are you doing here? I sensed that you were in vampire territory. "

I swallowed. I didn't know if she was supposed to know I shot a quick glance at Castor and I saw his face was furrowed.

"I just came to talk some business with Sir Castor".

"Oh I thought you wanted to leave this world behind" she said looking at me sincerely.

"It doesn't matter" I grabbed her hand and we went out to my car. "Come with me tonight" I begged her.

She smiled mischievously.  "You don't need to say that twice."

Castor stood at the door with an unreadable expression. 
"Don't come again" he said and with that he closed the door behind him.

Seline was already in the car and I was glad she didn't hear that but then again she might had.

Avery's POV

I stared at the spot where Officer Gabe had been. I couldn't believe that he'd leave just like that.  It scared me and a knot had formed in my already sick stomach. 

He had just left me here. I couldn't believe it

And what bothered me most was that he knew what these people were.  

How? Do more people know? 

How did he even know I was here?

A sudden wave of stronger pain hit me in my stomach, it reminded me that I hadn't eaten for so long.
I felt so weak. And my water was nearly gone.

In the next instant Sir Castor stood in front of my door. In his hands was a tray of what looked like food and another bottle of water.
He unlocked the door and came in.

I was still in the same spot on the floor in front of the door. I hadn't moved.

Sir Castor handed me the tray and with a shaking hand I took it.
It was some kind of soup. A little disappointed to not get stronger food I reminded myself that if I would eat strong food I would just get sicker. 

I glanced at him and he nodded at the tray of soup.

I was about to ask for a spoon when his large hand appeared in front of me holding one;opening the tray and I felt water gather in my mouth it had a heavenly smell.

I dug in and shoveled the food in my mouth. I didn't care that I had an elegant vampire beside me.

 All that mattered right now was my soup and that it came inside my mouth. I was surprised that it was really tasty.

Sir Castor stood there watching me motionless. When I was done I murmured a soft thank you.

He was about to leave when I whispered "May I use the bathroom?" I was happy I had thought of it in the last moment.

He turned around " How did you do it till now" his deep voice rang loud in the stone dungeon.

"I......uh..." I stammered.
He scoffed and said "Follow me."

Instantly my mind formed thoughts about escaping. 

"Don't try to run" he warmed me.

'Does he read minds?'

"Yes I do" he said and I gasped.

"Then you must know that it's true that I don't know who bit me" I said quietly.
The lack of liquid in my throat from before had made me hoarse and It was difficult for me to talk.
I sounded lifeless.

"Oh I know that" he chuckled darkly " that doesn't mean I can't find out."

" What is the bite doing to me?" I asked him one of my many questions.

Without saying a word he opened a door along the hall, it was a bathroom. He had made sure to blindfold me first before leading me out of the dungeon.
  When I came out Sir Castor was still standing at the same spot. I stood there looking at him not moving an inch.

I was amazed by his eyes they were black and capturing.

'Stop it, he tortured you, his eyes are not nice.'

Castors lips lifted every so slightly in a smile but it was gone before it really had been there.

'Gosh girl he can read your mind.'

I sucked in my breath at my own thoughts, he was able to read my mind and here I was thinking his eyes were nice.

Ashamed I bent my head and walked the way we had come.

Suddenly I felt arms around my chest and air swished past my face.
When I opened my eyes I found myself in my cell again.

What? Since when did I think of it as my cell?

I turned around to see Sir Castor turning the key to lock the bars in place.

And like that he was gone.

Wondering about what had happened, realization dawned upon me.

He must have used his vampire speed to bring me back. My skin tingled where he had touched me.
A cold shiver ran down my spine.

  ********

TO BE CONTINUED

If you want.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 87.5K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
205K 17.5K 90
If black defined darkness he was darker than that. He chose to be like that. Darkness attracted him. He loved the cold unless it was the warmth of bl...
2.4M 66K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
38.8M 2M 172
Highest Rankings: #1 Vampire #1 Paranormal #1 Fantasy #1 Supernatural #1 Action #1 Dragon #5 Romance #5 Wattpad's AD App 100 MOST READ LIST! Her body...