Time of our life

By Dimind11

After a strange thing happens Maddox Pierce finds herself living with a GORGEOUS guy. She's just unsure about... More

Chapter 1: Same old same old
Chapter 2: What happened?
Chapter 3: Meeting Mr. Anderson
Chapter 4: Now We Talk
Chapter 5: The First Night
Chapter 6: Goodmorning Mr.Anderson
Chapter 7: Being the Girlfriend
Chapter 8: He is too much
Chapter 9: My First Kiss
Chapter 10: Big Screen, Big Game
Chapter 11: Lily is a doll <3
Chapter 12: Heaven in A Small Cup.
Chapter 13: Brothers And Sisters We Have A Winner
Chapter 14: I'm On The Edge
Chapter 15: How Do You Not See A Wet Floor Sign
Chapter 16: Dress To Impress
Chapter 17: Late Night Dancing Is My Fav
Chapter 18: Twirling Into His Heart
Chapter 19: La Vie En Rose
Chapter 20: Our Song
Chapter 21: What Are We
Chapter 22: First Day
Chapter 23: Dinner Date With a Friend
Chapter 25: Tying Loose Ends
Chapter 26: Shop, Drop, Party
Chapter 27: Who's That Girl
Chapter 28: I Think Im Falling For You
Chapter 29: We All Need Answers
Chapter 30: Saying Goodbye

Chapter 24: Never a Dull Moment

8 0 0
By Dimind11

"Hey Zane," I whisper to the boy watching tv by himself in his room.

"Hey," his voice is raspy, showing his drowsiness, "your back."

"Yes," I reply.

"Come, get in."

He pulls back the sheets to the empty spot next to him.

I'm glad it's dark in the room because my eyes grow wide as saucers. The TV five feet away from me also limits his sight of me because it's flashing in his perfect face.

"Uh, let me go change first."

"Alri-"

Before he finishes his word I am retreating to my room.

I find some nike shorts and a T-shirt in the dresser near the bed and put them on.

Letting out a sigh I fall back into the bed behind me.

Just 30 minutes ago I kissed my boss and now my fake boyfriend who doesn't seem fake anymore wants me to sleep in the same bed as him.

Life does get more complicated after high school, and I haven't even graduated.

I grab my phone from the purse I took to dinner and slowly crept to Zane's bedroom. I wish I could have just fell asleep in the guest room bed. It would have been easier to ignore the weirdness of walking in and having to talk to him.

Standing right in front of his door I slowly push it open and peek inside. His eyes are closed.

I shouldn't wake him. So I try and close the door back and head to my room, but a groggy voice makes my heart flip.

I didn't catch what Zane said but I walk in and go to the side of the bed.

"We're you trying to leave?" Was the first thing he says after I set my phone on the night stand next to his mattress.

"I didn't want to wake you..." I admit leaving out the part of being too tired and awkward to try and talk to him right now.

"Come here," he motions to the spot where he had previously pulled back the covers.

I lift my feet from the floor and crawl into the bed.

"How was dinner?" He asks the question I didn't want to here.

"Good," I curtly reply.

"Anything interesting happen?"

"Not really we had enchiladas if you were wondering."

"Sounds good."

"Anything interesting happen with you?" I ask trying not to seem suspicious.

"Piper brought dinner for us to eat. I guess she wanted to eat with friends for all her meals today because she said she had breakfast with Ian this morning."

"Oh cool..." I think of reasons why she would have breakfast with Ian. I know the dinner with Zane was to maybe get in his mind how I wasn't the right person or how I could be cheating. I mean she wasn't not correct but she wasn't right either.

"Did she say anything about me?" I question trying to be nonchalant.

"She told me you would probably ask that," he replied as my heart skips a beat.

"What?!" I spoke in shock.

"Calm down," he laughs, "she had some crazy idea she kinda mentioned to me about how you may not be who you say you are. She said her and some of the others talked about it."

Oh great she's trying to get her friends on her side. Wonder who will win that one.

He continues, "but I made sure and tell her I did a background check on you and your fine."

"What?" I repeat, "you did a-"

"No of course not," he cuts me off, "I know she's only thinking that because well, she's right, but it's only because of the weird circumstance we are in. You know what I mean?"

"It's a little late to be in deep thought," I say and let out a snicker.

"Your not from our time," he makes it clearer.

"Oh, yeah, duh."

He just laughs.

"Your xycrubulent," he says.

"And your awesome," I say.

We both laugh and just look at each other. I'm getting sleepier every second.

"I don't think you should have a job right now," Zane breaks the silence.

"Why not? And I already told you I want one so I can make money and not have to have you paying for everything."

"It's no problem."

"It is for me. The job also helps me keep an eye out for Mason."

"I don't really trust Ryder," he admits.

"Zane you barely know him. Why would you even need to trust him? I don't think that matters."

"Because he's around you all morning."

"So?" I ask.

"I... I don't know."

I look at his silhouette in the darkness like he could see my expression.

"You don't know?"

He's silent.

After what feels like forever of trying to go to sleep I think I'm dreaming when I hear him whisper

"Because I want you"

I'm searching.

I don't know what it is I can't find but I know I haven't found it. Nothing is around me but a open field.

I start running.

The grass is catching my bare feet as it starts growing taller. I trip and it keeps growing until It covers me.

I see nothing but grass as I look around. Until I spot someone else's hazel eyes coming to help me.

And I know I found what I was looking for.

"Good morning!" He sings as he brings in a tray of pancakes and bacon.

"Oh yum, what did I do to deserve this?" I moan while trying to sit up.

"I thought I would treat my lovely girlfriend to breakfast in bed," he announces.

GIRLFRIEND? When did that happen?

"Huh?" Is the only thing I can think to say.

He ignores my questioned look and sits down kissing me on the cheek.

Huh?

"Zane..." I say.

"Yeah?" He replies.

I can't come too it enough to think of the correct question to ask. I just lay here looking at him in confusion.

"How?" I think out loud.

"How what?" He says now confused.

"How did we," I point back and forth between me and him. I open my mouth to finish what ever I was asking but I forgot.

Why did he have to do this in the morning.

"You don't remember?"

I shake my head.

"Crap, now I sound like an idiot. You didn't actually say yes to being my girlfriend last night?"

"No," I answer his question not being able to think of anything else to say. I knew me asking would make it awkward.

He just looks at me with the expression of  'what the heck do I do now' on his face.

"But that doesn't mean I don't want to," I mindlessly admit before realizing I had said it.

He turns and gives me heart melting smile. I turn towards him. At the same time my arm gives out and I fall face first into the pillow.

"What happened?" He asks touching me on my back.

You. And your smile.

"Just too tired to move properly," I lie.

I pull myself up and turn back to him. He's now sitting in the bed with me. We are really close. Our faces are inches apart. He leans in and shows another smile before kissing me.

One of his hands caresses the back of my head. The other wraps around my back and pulls me closer to him. I rest my hands on his chest using my right elbow to hold me up. His soft lips linger on mine before we both break away for air.

He then leans away to grab the food tray, leaving me missing the heat that radiated off of him.

"I'm going to go shower, when your done eating we can leave when your ready," he says standing up.

"Ready for what?" I ask,

"Coffee."

Oh right. We have to meet the group. Including Piper, and her lovely presence.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey Zane! Maddox," Piper greats sweetly when Zane and I arrive.

"Cruella," I whisper to myself.

She gives Zane a side hug and ignores me. I saw the smug look she gave though. We stand with everyone else outside The Edge. We will be opening soon so I go ahead and go inside after squeezing Zane's hand.

"Good morning Maddox," Ryder says and gives me a cheeky smile.

"Good morning," I reply.

"Since your over there would you turn the sign around to say we're open?"

"Yeah, sure," I say.

"Thanks."

I spin the sign and walk behind the counter to join him as the bell rings for customers to walk in.

"Hi," he says.

I knew it would be awkward.

"Yeah, Me too."

Crap did I say that out loud.

"Yes."

"I said that out loud too didn't I..." I actually mean to speak this time.

"Yep."

"Well..." I just look at him.

"Ehem," someone clears their voice from the counter interrupting our conversation.

"I'm sorry welcome to The Edge how may I help you?" I turn and recite.

"Yes I have a list of my friends drink orders." She says.

I turn and look at the customer.

"Piper, hey..."

She hands me the list.

"Thanks!" She chirps in a way I can feel the sarcasm oozing from her.

I give her a big smile as she walks away and then turn around to face my boss.

"Hey isn't that your friend who came in yesterday?"

"Yeah," I reply.

He follows where she's walking with his eyes to see the rest of my friends sitting.

"I was going to ask if while there weren't any customers I could go sit. I promise when someone walks in I will come back," I ask with hesitation.

"Oh yeah that's fine. I do the same thing when my friends come by, " he replies assuringly.

"Thank you, I'll just make their coffee and take it too them!"

When I finish the 5 coffees I put them on one of the trays and head to the table.

Zane waves as I walk up.

I look at the ticket and place each coffee in front of the person who wanted it and sit down next to my boyfriend.

Boyfriend.

I smile to myself thinking about it.

Zane Anderson is actually my boyfriend.

We talk for a couple minutes and I hear the ring from the bell on the door.

"I'll be back," I say as I get up.

As I do Zane lets go of my hand I didn't even know he was holding. I smile at him and walk back to the counter.

"Welcome to The Edge, how may I help y-"

"Maddox?"

"Mitchell?"

"You... you work here?" He questions.

"Started yesterday."

It grows silent for a few second before he speaks again, "look I'm sorry for getting mad at you Its a little crazy seeing you and what you look like right now and with him."

I nod waiting for him to continue.

"But I won't apologize to Zane. He ruined my life and I-" he pauses and continues on a different word,"Why don't you come with me? You know me. I'm Mitchell, Masons little brother."

"Mitchell, no I can't. We can keep talking but in a second can you order something there is someone behind you," he turns around to see the lady on her cellphone just waiting for him to order.

"Tall Carmel macchiato and a Vanilla mocha. I don't trust Zane, you may think I'm the bad guy but there's more then the story he's told you."

"Next," I say ignoring him. I can't do this on my second day I'm already taking short breaks to hang out with my friends.

"Maddox."

"Mitchell," I retort.

He gets the picture and moves out of the way.

I ask the next customer their order and with Ryder's help we make the 3 drinks quickly.

"I need to leave and get this too my wife but can I get your number?" Mitchell asks.

"Same one from before," I reply before turning around and ignoring him.

I walk over to Ryder who's leaning on the counter.

"Who is that guy?" He questions.

"Mitchell Saunders."

"And how do you know him?"

"He's my best friends brother," I answer. He doesn't say anything else. "Well I'm going to go back over to the table, call me if you need me or I'll be back next customer."

"Wait I need to talk to you..." He says.

"Alright."

"About last night... I like you and I hope that kiss didn't ruin anything between us. I want to keep working with you."

"Ryder, me and Zane are dating."

"But it's not real, right?"

I don't say anything I just shake my head no.

"The whole time?" He asks.

I was about to say no when I hear a girls voice cheer from behind me.

"I knew I was right."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 410 16
A relatively comfortable life for (Name). She has a little brother, Jake, that she loves dearly, and a mother and father that she adores when they're...
899K 21.4K 45
Oliver Monroe leads a perfect life. Good job, great friends, and his pick of women. The only problem is the only girl that has ever stood out to hi...
72.8K 5.4K 40
One step forward, two steps back. Try having your boyfriend break up with you and not even an hour later, you see that same ex all happy and giggly w...
Radiating By MK-Rocks

Science Fiction

364 57 48
In the year 2045... Highschool popular girl Rachel living her life in fear because she's different, different from everyone shes meet in her entire l...