Amnesia [cake 5SOS] ✔

By close_as_strangers_7

amnesia (n.)the partial or total loss of memory "Who the fuck are you, and what are you doing in my hospital... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16. [Final Chapter]

12.

537 27 18
By close_as_strangers_7

Muke gif for you :)

I also need to warn you that this chapter is very bitsy with lots of POV changes but something exciting happens at the end so bear with me!

Chapter 12

Ashton

When Michael and Calum had both gone out, Luke's expression completely changed. I finished doing the dishes and stared at his forlorn face; the lips that stayed in a stiff line, the eyes that grew dark with emotion.

"You okay?" I whispered, so Arzaylea couldn't hear. He sighed and put down the plate he was drying, hanging up the tea towel.

"I said something to Calum and I really regret it. I said something along the lines of 'don't act like we're close because we're not anymore', and man I feel awful."

"That can't have been the nicest thing to hear...

"This isn't to do with her, is it? I mean, I know you're only going out with her because of Michael, but-"

"What the... you're only going out with me because of a guy? Didn't you say you wanted a girlfriend?"

Shit. How did she hear?

"Hold on –"

"Nuh-uh. I ain't doing this. I should've known something was up when he smiled at me saying you liked him."

I glanced at Luke, who was oblivious to what she'd just said. She began to leave, but I held her arm, causing her hair to swish round in a full circle as she turned. "Wait, Arzaylea."

"At least one of you says it right," she muttered. Damn, I hated her attitude – but whatever. I felt like we were gonna need her.

"Could you stay with Luke for a bit longer? He needs some support right now."

She rolled her eyes and pursed her lips, eyelashes flitting about. "And what do I get out of it?"

I should've known it wouldn't have been easy to get her to stay, but I knew that there was one thing Luke didn't care about more than Calum. Money. "We'll pay you." Her eyes suddenly widened and she looked like her ears were perked and more than willing to hear more. "We've earnt a fair amount over the years, and if you promise to stay by Luke's side whilst we sort out this mess with Calum, we'll pay you."

"How much?"

Luke glared at me. I knew he hated doing this kind of crap but I also knew that he knew we had no other choice. "We'll give you 500 US dollars every month you date him."

"Make it 800 and I'll do it."

Luke tensed up next to me, but I put a hand on his arm to calm him down. "Fine. 800." She finally smiled, and her personality changed almost instantly.

"So Luke, tell me about your favourite colour!" she chirped, dragging him over to the couch. I let out a deep sigh of relief and finished with the dishes, deciding to call the other two back.

Michael

We got back with the beers and a film had already been put on. Luke and Aubergine were all cuddled up on the couch, a bowl of popcorn discarded on the carpet beneath them. Ashton took the beers out of the bag and put the bag in our massive bag full of plastic bags, and we went over to join them in front of the TV.

"Spiderman? Really? We've watched this so many times," Calum moaned, jumping onto the other couch adjacent to the TV. How did he know that we'd watched it loads? This was the version that came out later in 2014 – The Amazing Spider Man 2. Dismissing it, I sat down next to him whilst Ashton leant against the Lasparagus couch.

~

We spent the last few days of June in the UK doing band stuff. Calum picked up the basslines pretty quickly and even suggested adding new bits. Ashton and I were surprised at this – as for Luke, he was too busy up his girlfriend's ass to care about us.

I knew I sounded butthurt and sore but I was.

When I suggested getting a girlfriend to him, I really didn't expect him to find someone like her. She was fucking hot – yeah, I'll give you that, but I didn't like her vibes and how she kept complaining that she couldn't go outside because of her anxiety. We all dealt with bouts of anxiety from time to time, yet she had to make a big deal out of it and annoyingly, Luke fell for it every time.

Because of Luke, Calum was spending a lot more time with me. Ashton headed over to LA first to catch up with Bryana which we were fine with – I mean, he'd done so much for us already and the man deserved a break.

"You okay? You've been working really hard to learn stuff for the tour," I asked, as we lay sprawled on top of each other on the couch.

He let out a small sigh, nodding. "Yeah, I'm good. Where are the other two?"

"Luke and Arseaylea? They went out for dinner."

"Mm, that reminds me, we haven't eaten yet."

"Pizza?"

"Do it."

We ordered pizza and loaded up Fallout 3. I whined to him about waiting till November for the new one to come out whilst we played, and ate. There was a lot of body contact, since we both got pretty into the game, so when Luke came back with his girl, he basically thought we were having sex.

"Guys, at least do it in a bedroom," he said, sounding somewhat hurt.

"We're just playing games!" I replied, perhaps a bit too quickly. Calum scoffed and shook his head, not even turning to look at him. "You guys wanna join?"

Arseaylea groaned. "Do you think we do? C'mon Lukey, let's watch a film or something," she begged, grabbing Luke's arm like a little kid. I winced, seriously hoping he wouldn't give in to her.

"Yeah, okay."

Fuck you, Luke.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked, putting his jacket down on the sofa.

"Um, I hope you guys don't intend on watching it here because if you hadn't noticed, we're playing a game?" Calum said full of sass. Luke raised his eyebrows.

"You guys can go upstairs and play it on your laptops."

The walking avocado smiled at him and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, sending sharp pains through my chest. "Ugh, c'mon Mikey. Let's go."

Luke

It hurt, so, so much.

I could barely breathe, watching Calum act as if he didn't know me.

His smile was now shown to someone else other than myself and that made me incredibly sad. I began to regret listening to Michael and getting a girlfriend, because if I'd known I never would have started.

Now, all I could do was sit and wait for things to play out.

When Arzaylea and I got home from dinner, Calum was laying on top of Michael and they were moving a lot because of the game. Seeing them like that wasn't exactly the best feeling for me, but what could I do? Go up to Calum and kiss him? Obviously not. He probably liked Michael more than me now.

We started a sappy romance film we found on Netflix, and once she'd fallen asleep I went upstairs to check on the other two. They were playing something on Michael's laptop, and didn't even notice when I went in, so I slid onto the bed between them.

"Hey guys," I said quietly, smiling.

"Oh, finally done with your girlfriend?" Michael remarked, pausing the game.

"I'm sorry. I know you guys don't like her."

Calum sighed. "Well, apparently it doesn't matter what your best friends think."

"I'll break up with her-"

"No, don't break up because of us. We'd hate that."

A few moments of awkward silence followed until Michael offered me his controlled. "Wanna play? I need to get a drink, I'm parched." I took it from him, exchanging a glance with Calum who didn't seem to mind.

"Look, Calum, I really am sorry about everything. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Cuddle?"

My eyes lit up and I wrapped my arms around him immediately, hugging him tight. Damn, I missed him so much.

"I've missed you, Lucas."

It felt like I was going to cry. For a moment, I forgot about everything, about the fact that he had amnesia, and that I was dating someone. I just wanted to have him to myself, so I could cuddle him all day and kiss him whenever I felt like it without anyone there to tell me otherwise.

Pulling away slightly from the hug, I gazed into his chocolatey eyes, and shut mine, living in the moment for once.

~

It was a shame that the next day, he seemed back to his amnesiac self.

He and Michael played games a lot, and since I wasn't up for playing all the time, I had to call Arzaylea and go out with her.

Luckily, we were due back in the US for touring a few days later. The four of us took the plane over to LA, where I dropped off Arzaylea, and then to Las Vegas on the 16th July, my birthday. We celebrated by going out for dinner, and met up with Ashton and Bryana in the evening to go to a club.

I may or may not have gotten very drunk; likewise, I may or may not have kissed Calum.

It hadn't been my fault. Well, not really. It was kinda my fault, but if he didn't like it he would've pushed me away. But he didn't.

We were at the bar, drinking shots of vodka and lime. He was on his fifth, I was on my second, and yet I was more drunk than he was. My vision was already beginning to blur, and I felt woozy, the room spinning as I fell towards him.

"Whoa Luke, there are people taking pictures. Be careful."

"Mmm... I haven't had alcohol in so long though..."

He chuckled and sat me back up, hands firmly on my shoulder as he said, "If you're drunk then let's go. I'll tell Ashton and Bryana we're going back to the hotel first. Michael won't want to leave either, so what do you say?"

My eyes panned the room catching glimpses of girls staring. I smiled at them, even attempting to wave, but Calum shook me and told me to look at him. "Fine let's go..."

He threw the bartender some notes and we went to find Ashton, who was sitting in a booth with Bryana. "Hey guys, Luke's almost out cold so I'm gonna take him back first," he explained. He and Ashton shared a quick hug and we said goodbye.

Outside, it was pretty humid but the alcohol was messing with my head. "I'm cold, Cal."

He groaned and took his jacket off, carefully placing it around my bare shoulders as we walked down the streets. He put his middle finger up whenever we came across paparazzi and waved down a taxi, pushing me in and taking me back to the hotel. I couldn't remember what I was saying to him on the way but he didn't seem too happy with me.

We entered the hotel lobby and took the elevator to floor eight, and he got out his room card. We'd all been given separate rooms this time round and my card was in my wallet somewhere; besides, I wasn't really in any position to get my wallet out and find it.

"Okay. You can sleep here for tonight," he mumbled, taking his jacket off my and setting me down under the covers of the double bed. "Do you want to take a shower?"

My eyes barely opened as I replied, "Not unless it's with you."

"Luke. Stop. You have a girlfriend. And besides, we're not like we used to be. It would be weird now."

"No, it wouldn't... don't say that..." I slurred, putting my hands around his neck loosely and pulling him closer. "Calum... I've missed you so much, you know? I've been putting up with her but I don't even know why anymore..."

He raised an eyebrow but escaped from my grasp. "I'll be in your room if you need me." He began to walk to the door but I couldn't just let him leave like that.

"Wait!" I yelled, running over and almost stumbling over the Nike bag he'd left on the floor. I cupped his cheeks and brought his lips to mine, pressing them together.

***

HELLO

I haven't updated this in so long but I had an urge so I did. Hope you enjoyed!

Things are finally getting started... 'took you long enough Kimmy' i hear you say, but LISTEN i take a long time to get into things, okay?

Do we want smut in this story or not?

Let me know :)

Kimmy xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 59 22
she was mistreated. he was well treated. he had the perfect life. she didn't. but when all hope fails. she woke up with amnesia. and she forgot. ever...
21.6K 799 37
α м и є ѕ ι α "You remember?" He asked. "I never forgot." My voice cracked. "You never forgot me?" He asked. "Luke, I never forgot anything." I said...
1.7K 103 21
"So what do you want? - Amnesia." ✖️✖️ ~ I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted ✖️✖️ "In another place in the universe, we...
7.9K 134 23
Not much to say because I forgot. (amnesia)