Saving Sebastian

By thegreeneyedwriter

"I don't need saving." He spit at the ground. I had never met anyone like Sebastian. "We're friends, whether... More

Authors Note
01 - Game time
02 - Rude apple
03 - Partners
04 - Hopeless
05 - There you are
07 - Odd Friendships
08 - Bonfires
09 - Strange feelings
10 - Monday funday
11 - Fireworks
Authors note #2
12 - Birthday boy?
13 - Chocolate smiles
14 - Restless sleepers
15 - Overwhelming feelings
16 - Perfect imperfections
17 - What is love?
18 - Hopeful hearts
19 - Truth be told
20 - And then, there was one.
21 - Rain is a blessing
22 - Endings
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
**QUICK NOTE**

06 - Surprises?

144 20 1
By thegreeneyedwriter

Aria Watson:

What seemed like hours, was only minutes. Sebastian slowly made his way back to our seat.

"How did we do?" I shriek. He rolls his eyes and slumps in his chair.

"Seb?!" I slap his muscular arm. He runs a hand through his light brown hair. "Don't call me that." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"I'll call you whatever I want! Now can you please answer my question." I smack the desk out of frustration.

   "We got a ninety-one." He smiles slightly. A rush of relief takes over my body.

   "Thank the lord! I really thought we did terrible. Well, I thought you did terrible." I smirk.

   He rolls his eyes once again. "Shut up." My eyes fixate on his hazel ones. The lump in his throat moves up and down as he swallows.

   "Why are you so jittery?" He glares at me,

   "Why are you such a sour puss?" I stick out my tongue. He ignores my question and slips in his black earbuds. He slowly bobs his head to the music, completely blocking the world out.

I sigh and slouch in my chair. Only a few more minutes, and the period will be over. All I'm looking forward to is getting on that field. Tonight is our second game.

I glance at Sebastian to see that his eyes are fixated on mine. Our gazes lock causing the ghost of a smile to appear on his pink lips.

"What are you doing tonight?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Nothing, and I don't plan on doing anything,"

"Come to my game, it'll be fun." I smile. He shakes his head once again.

"Aria, we're not friends. You're my lab partner, and that is it. Stop trying to get through to me." He rolls his eyes and continues to doodle on a scrap piece of paper.

My expression immediately turns rock solid. "I was just trying.." I close my mouth and decide to stay quiet. Sebastian is right. We're lab partners, that's it. Why did I even invite him to
come.

What a stupid idea..I think.

The loud sound of the bell pulls me out of my reverie. I take a deep breath in and hold my books tight to my chest. Sebastian does not say another word to me once we leave the classroom.

I watch as he walks quickly through the halls and stops at his locker. I spin around and continue walking to my next class.

-

"Pass!" Julia yells. I make a sharp pass to Julia. I watch as the ball slides in front of her cleats.

She dribbles it carefully, in attempt to make it through the other players. She makes a pass to one of our rookies, however the ball glides a little to far in front of her.

The rookie practically dives for the ball, sending it right to me. The whistle is going to blow any minute. I run forward and put all my might into this last kick.

I take a deep breath and thrust my leg forward. The soccer ball raises off of the ground and just as the ref can blow the whistle, it makes it into the net. The team runs together.

We end up in a large huddle filled with bear hugs and congratulations. I laugh loudly when two hands poke the sides of my waist. I spin around to see Lucas with a large smile on his face.

"Looks like we're both winners!" He laughs and pulls me into a tight hug. I kiss his cheek and pull away from his embrace.

"I love you." He pokes my nose.

"I love you more!" I laugh and give him another peck on the lips. His smile is enough to make my heart race.

Lucas wraps an arm around my shoulder and leads me to Maya. I smile at the dirty blonde boy standing beside me.

Lucas, Maya and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. Lucas asked me out two and half years ago, at the beginning of grade 8. We've been the perfect couple ever since.

"You played amazing!" Maya shrieks. "If only I had your talent." She laughs.

"Says you! I can't even do a braid in my hair. I wish I was as talented as you when it comes to cosmetics." I huff.

   "The tomboy and her girly best friend. Featuring pretty boy." She glares at Lucas. I laugh loudly.

   "What a wonderful story," I smile. Lucas rolls his eyes.

   "I am not a pretty boy!" He pouts. I squeeze his cheeks. "You're adorable." I chuckle.

   He mumbles something but I choose to ignore it. "What are the plans for tonight?" I ask. Maya shrugs.

   "Their's a party down the street." A deep voice suggests. I immediately spin around. My eyes widen at the tall boy standing before me. My eyes trace up his chest to his face.

   "Sebastian?" I ask. My voice comes out as more of a squeal than anything. Our gazes lock. My thoughts are lost in his bright hazel eyes.

   He looks extremely amused at my expression. Lucas gives me an odd look.

   "Um..Lucas, Maya, this is Sebastian. He's my lab partner." I smile apologetically.

   "Hey." Lucas smiles. Sebastian forces a smile and nods his head approvingly.

   "So, where is this party you mentioned?" Maya smiles.

   "At Mike's house, only a five minute walk from the school." He smiles happily,

"Oh yeah. He mentioned something about a party!" Lucas smiles. Sebastian nods. Michael is one of Lucas' closest friends, along with Shane. They're both known for missing class and playing soccer.

"Do you guys want to come, I'm sure it'll be fun." He grins. I immediately snap my head at him. Who does he think he is?!

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world." Maya grins widely. Great, I think. Maya is clearly trying to bother me.

"Yeah, sure. I wouldn't miss it for the world." I allow the sarcasm to flow out of my voice. Just enough for Sebastian to notice. His rolls his eyes at me, yet quickly covers if up with a smile.

"See you guys soon." He waves goodbye and continues to the front of the school.

"He seems like a good guy, I don't see why everyone thinks he's an ass." Lucas shrugs. Maya laughs.

"Yeah, he seems like a bundle of joy!" She nudges my shoulder. I fake a laugh and nudge her back.

"Well..I have to go to the change room and get out of my sweaty uniform. See you in a few." I wave them off and run down the field. Although he is far, I can still see Sebastian making his way to the parking lot.

I run as fast as I can and call out his name several times. Once I am finally close enough, I drop my head in attempt to catch my breath.

"Seb.." I manage to huff out. He spins around with a shocked look on his face. His expression immediately hardens.

"What the h-hell was that?" I shriek.

* * * * * * *

Cliff hanger? Hope you enjoyed! ;)

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.9K 29
"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." ...
96 3 29
They all dive into their food, but I make sure to pour a lot of maple syrup on my pancake and fruits before starting to eat. "Addict," William whisp...
4K 144 88
"You, uh, plan to go out like that?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I cast my gaze downwards, and that's when I remembered I had changed into pajamas after m...
871 35 9
This story is supposed to be cringy!! "Do you think it's weird?" I asked him, as my heart began to beat out of my chest. "Why would I?" He replied, s...