Reborn [1] (Jacob Black)

By alliekatt314

Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Leaving
Chapter 2 Establishing Cover Ups
Chapter 3 Bella stay away from them
Chapter 4 Trying to be Human
Chapter 5 Found Out
Chapter 6 The Cold Ones
Chapter 7 Great he's back
Chapter 8 Rosalie
Chapter 9 Bookstore
Chapter 10 Somewhat Explanations
Chapter 11 Dammit Bella!
Chapter 12 Edward Cullen
Authors Note
Chapter 13 The Blacks
Chapter 14 Dinner
Chapter 15 Dinner
Chapter 16 Creeper
Chapter 17 Baseball
Chapter 18 Blood and Wet Leather
Chapter 19 Charlie
Chapter 20 Flee
Chapter 21 Hotel
Chapter 23 Broken
Chapter 24 Fire
Chapter 25 Hospital
Chapter 26 Prom
Authors Notes
Sequel

Chapter 22 James

4.3K 135 8
By alliekatt314

Reyna

~~~

"Ready to go?" I ask Bella. She's twining her hands and staring at the wall of the room. Alice and Jasper are downstairs settling the bill and loading the car.

Her phone rings again. Bella hurriedly grabs it and checks the ID. It's mom calling. Bella sighs in relief and puts it on speaker.

"Mom, I'm so glad you got my -"

"Bella? Reyna? Where are you?" mom demands in a panicky voice.

"Calm down, Mom. Everything is fine, okay? I'll explain every-"

Loud rustling interrupts Bella and its followed by a thump. I gulp and try to swallow down worry. She probably just dropped the phone.

"Mom? Are you there?" I inquire shakily.

"Nice house you have here. Not the best on the block, but comfortable." My blood runs cold and a shiver shoots down my spine.

James.

I screw my eyes shut and squeeze my hands tightly trying to stay calm.

I can see his red eyes and sinister smile in my head. I can see him killing our mom.

"I was prepared to wait for you. But then Mom came home after she received a very worried call from your Dad. It all worked out quite well."

I open my eyes to see Bella's wild with fear.

Why? Why mom?

"I must say, Forks High School doesn't protect its students' privacy very well. It was just too easy for Victoria to find your previous address," James muses making my throat go dry.

"Bella? Reyna?" mom whimpers.

"Please leave her out of this," I beg.

"Leave my mother out of this," Bella snaps more harshly than I.

"You're protective of her. That's nice. You can still save her. But you'll need to get away from your friends. Can you do that?" Anything for mom, I'd do anything for her.

"I... don't think so," Bella stammers making my stomach twist.

"If your mother's life depends on it?"

"We can," I interject trying to keep the terror out of my voice.

I look to Bella, we're both horrified, but there's no choice here.

"Where should we meet you?" Bella asks. I can almost see his sadistic grin and he chuckles.

"The old ballet studio around the corner. And I'll know if you bring anyone along. Poor mommy would pay the price for that mistake," James threatens and inhales deeply. "She smells like you. Delicious."

The connection goes dead and Bella drops her phone.

"We have to go. Right now," I say and she nods.

"We need a weapon," Bella mutters and starts throwing open draws and looking all over. I dash between both rooms for for any semblance of a sharp object.

Nothing.

"The pepper spray!" Bella exclaims and I suddenly remember. Charlie have us pepper spray!

We both snatch our purses up and grab the pepper spray. My abilities and the pepper spray is our only protection now.

~~~

Managing to maintain my confidence and composure I escort Bella out of the hotel making sure Jasper and Alice can't see or hear us.

I glance across the lobby to see them my the Mercedes deep in a here's discussion. Hastily I shove Bella into a taxi and lock the door.

"8th and Palo Verde, please," we chime together anxiously. The taxi driver pulls out and away from the hotel. I nervously watch Alice and Jasper silently praying they can't hear us.

We need to save mom, I can't risk them coming.

Bella leans into me and we hold to each other for bravery. After a long second she starts to whisper.

"I've never given much thought to how I would die..." Bella trails off and I blink back tears. Facing down James wi surely leave us scarred if not dead. "But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go.."

I sniffle and nod.

"It's the best way Bells. So that's what I'm going to do for you if that's what it comes too," I promise and give her a sad look. She looks resigned and doesn't bother to argue. She knows I won't let her get a word in.

If anyone is dying tonight it's me.

~~~

The taxi pulls up to our childhood dance studio making my breath hitch. The smell of blood and wet leather has already invaded my nose. Bella looks to me for comfort and we both get out of the taxi.

It's night so the studio is dresser yes and the streets empty. No one to save us now.

Bella and in intertwine our fingers and reluctantly enter the studio. We both use our other hands to clutch purses containing pepper spray.

"Reyna?" Bella utters.

"Yes."

"Before we go in you should know I don't regret the decisions that I made that led to us facing this. I can't because they also brought me to Edward," Bella explains quietly. I look at the sorrow in her eyes and manage a small smile.

I can't bring myself to be angry with Edward or her for their love.

"It's okay. I understand," I whisper and pull her into a tight embrace.

Hand in hand we enter the studio.

Inside its dark and the blinds are drawn. There's a very faint sound I can't quite pin.

The mirrors reflect us from every angle as we cautiously creep in. A familiar ballet bar wraps around the studio and the arch hangs from above.

It hasn't changed at all.

"Reyna, Bella, where are you?" Moms voice floats from into our ears from an unknown source. We both whirl around to try and find the source till I pinpoint it to a closet.

"The closet," I whooped tersely then sprint to it at top speed. I throw the doors open to find...a tv. Bella rushes up behind me and lets out a small gasp at the discovery.

My breath hitches at I watch the old home video.

"It's a trap," I utter. Adrenaline rushes through my veins and my stomach drops.

"Don't you want to dance, babies?" mom asks the young girls on the tv. Young me claps her hands and nods but young Bella crosses her arms and shakes her head.

"Everyone makes fun of me," little Bella pouts. Mom laughs and hugs her.

"But you're a wonderful dancer," mom says.

"Mom, I suck," young Bella deadpans.

A sadistic laughter sounds behind us making my blood run cold. Slowly Bella and I turn around to face him.

In the mirrors there's a hundred images of James and they're all laughing cruelly. This is his sick game and he's enjoying it thoroughly.

"That's my favorite part. Stubborn child, weren't you? And my sweet Reyna always the people pleaser huh?" James chuckles. I scowl as rage fills me.

"She's not here," Bella growls half in anger and half in relief.

Mom is out of danger but we aren't.

"Sorry. But you really made it too easy," James replies nonchalantly. He steps out and holds up a video camera.

"So to make things more entertaining, I'm going to make a little film of our time together. Borrowed this from your house. Hope you don't mind," James remarks and turns the camera on. "And... action!"

A/N: The plot thickens!!!!! Mwahahahaha! Evil cliffhanger there right? I know I'm bad. Thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 386 24
This story is about a 22 years old girl that is Isabella's older sister she's in college and about it graduate. Her name is Vanessa Swan and she ge...
56K 1.6K 25
"Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴀᴘᴀʙʟᴇ ᴏғ ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴋɴᴏᴡɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀ...
1.6M 50.3K 87
***THIS STORY IS FOUR YEARS OLD; SO TROPES AND IDEAS MIGHT SEEM REPETITIVE FOR THE FANDOMS NOW*** Bambi Swan has always been 'different', branded cra...
514K 9.8K 46
Rhea Swan is often the forgotten twin sister of Bella Swan. Rhea currently lives with her mother but is moving back to Forks with her sister. Until t...