Dangers Back (sequel to "Dang...

By irwinwho

"Danger's back and he's more dangerous than ever." All Rights Go To JileyOverboard More

Dangers Back (sequel to "Danger")
"Can't stay eighteen forever-"
I'll never leave you.
"I'll take my chances."
"I'm going to protect you,"
"I thought I'd pay my old pal a visit."
"And now I have you all to myself."
She was my everything.
"Everything is broken..."
"Don't be mad at me."
"Watch it, Bieber."
"You don't want me to go?"
"You're better off without me."
"I have a boyfriend,"
"My main priority is you--"
"Things are going to start changing around here,"
Where the hell is my boyfriend?
"It's crazy to think about how much you've become a part of my life."
"I don't want to feel like this anymore,"
"They didn't believe in you but I did."
"You're still a dead man,"
"I owe you big time."
"I should've let you go when I had the chance."
"Don't fight me on this."
"I'm so going to hell for this,"
"You're a piece of work, you know that?"
"I needed tonight to be special,"
"You've gone off the deep end man."
And that's when all hell broke loose.
"You shouldn't be here,"
"What the fuck do you mean she's not picking up?"
"What if this is a trap?"
"--how much is your girlfriend worth to you?"
"It wasn't your fault."
"And now I'm just about done with you."
"I'll make you forget."
"She's going to get him killed you know,"
"Do you even know what the fuck you've done?!"
"You're my world you know that?"
"Jealousy is quite the sexy color on you."
"I have it all under control."
"-the past is repeating itself."
"and I'm choosing to let it go."
"She's never going to forgive you for this,"
"you ruined everything."
"I can't live without you,"
"I just want us to be okay,"
"No job goes unfinished,"
"She's not the same person,"
"You deserve the world even if I'm not in it."
"You'll survive without me,"
"I just want my life back."
Danger's Back 2

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

14.1K 139 86
By irwinwho

Kelsey’s Point of View

:

By the time I had woken up this morning, Justin was already gone. The imprint of his body that once lay beside mine during the night left in his wake as I adjusted to the bright sun beaming through the slits in-between the shades.

It had been about three days now and I have seen Justin only a total of six times; every morning and night before we go to bed, other than that, he’s been locked away with the guys discussing what Carly and I were told to be “business”.

It was driving me crazy to say the least having to be stuck in this huge house with absolutely nothing to do. I tried everything I could to convince the guys to let Carly and I go do some shopping, each of them coming up with an excuse that this place was all packed for a week’s stay with all the things we needed to survive.

I wasn’t even allowed to go outside in fear that someone would spot me. They had no idea who the Snipers were tied with and for all we knew, they could be right in this very neighborhood. It’s utterly ridiculous but trying to show Justin the absurdity of the matter was a big no-no because no matter what I said or did, it was wrong and he was right as per usual.

Ever since our rather large argument when we had arrived, things have been on edge between us even though we had made what seemed to be amends that night. I could feel his hesitation every time he looked at me and it made my stomach twist painfully at the lack of emotions he was pursing.

Pushing the blanket from my body, I stretched my limbs, wincing at the strain in my muscles. All night I had been tossing and turning with various thoughts swirling around in my head, warning me of something.

It was there, the darkness, the numbness, the burning intensity. It was brewing and it was only a matter of time before a match was lit and thrown into the fire causing everything to go into flames.

Forcing my legs to start moving, I ignored the pain in my body as I made my way to the bathroom. Splashing cold water on my face to wake me up, I brushed my teeth before shoving my untamed hair up into a messy bun.

Wiping the counter clean, I threw the paper towel I had used in the trash can before looking up into the mirror, the bags under my eyes a definite sign of my distress and lack of sleep. Sighing to myself, I decided on laying off on the make-up for I’m in no mood to cover up what everyone already knew.

Stepping out into our bedroom, I began looking through all the piles of clothing I had brought with me. Settling on a pair of jeans, a simple thick strapped tank top and a cardigan, I pulled the t-shirt I had worn to bed last night off, folding it and stuffing it back into my bag for I knew I’d be using it again later tonight before covering my bare feet with a pair of fuzzy socks.

Standing up tall, I gasped at the sudden looming presence of another. Snapping around, I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sight of Justin’s distant eyes staring at the length of my body. Suddenly feeling a bit self-conscience, I awkwardly wrapped my arms around my upper body, shifting my weight to one side as I peered up at him through my lashes. “Hey,” I softly spoke, tucking the loose strands of my hair behind my ears.

“Hi.” He curtly responded. “What are you doing?”

“I’m just getting ready to come downstairs and have breakfast. Did you eat yet?”

“Yeah, John and I grabbed a bagel on our way in.” A silence fell amongst us as Justin walked over to me, his hands cupping my cheeks into his palms. Brushing his thumbs under my eyes, he frowned. “Have you slept at all last night?” He murmured.

“I just haven’t been feeling all that great. It’s been a lot to take in these past couple of days… and for some reason I've just been restless but I’m fine, really.”

“Don’t lie to me.” He sternly spoke though the softness in his back tone was heard, his free hand gripping my waist in a tight hold. “I felt you tossing and turning in the middle of the night.”

"You have nothing to worry about." I desperately reassured. “I’m fine. If it makes you feel better, I’ll take a nap later on. I just have a lot going on in my head right now, I’m trying to make sense of everything.”

Exhaling through his nose, Justin let his hands fall to my waist, his forehead pressing to my shoulder. “You can’t do this to yourself… not when everything’s…”

“Everything’s what?” I asked, desperate for answers. I needed something, anything to know that I wasn’t losing him to this entire mess.

“Everything’s…” Finding my eyes, I could see the agony inside of them. Shaking his head, he released his hold, “Forget it.”

Letting out a shaky breath, I pulled my shirt down, not even bothering with my sweater as it hung by my wrists as I turned around to face him. Cupping his face in my hands, I caressed his cheeks with my thumbs, searching his eyes for answers—answers that as hard as I looked—I couldn’t find.

“We’re going to be okay.” I murmured, knowing this was what he needed to hear. He needed reassurance, he needed hope and he needed love… love that he desperately pushed away, wanting nothing to do with it.

Pressing my lips to his, I felt my heart constrict at the stillness he displayed. Pulling back, I blinked, keeping the tears that threatened to fall at bay.

Grabbing my hands in his, Justin held them from reach as he sighed. “I know.” He said but he didn’t. Letting me go, he stuffed his hands in his pockets. “I, ugh, better go back down. Are you coming?”

“Yeah, just give me…” I trailed off, not knowing what to say, “Give me a minute.” Brushing past him, I walked over to the bed, deciding it’d be best to start fixing it now, no longer willing to try to fight for something he clearly doesn’t want to fix.

Fluffing the pillows, I stood them up before layering the blanket on the bed after fixing the sheets underneath, smoothing over the wrinkles and fixing any off angles. Looking up, I let out a much needed breath when I saw that he had left.

Falling back against the bed in distress, I put my head in my hands, wondering where in the world we went wrong.

Paddling my way down stairs and into the kitchen, I was surprised to see everybody sat around the counter, chatting amongst themselves. “Morning,” I acknowledged with a smile, my eyes lightly brushing past Justin’s frame before resting on everyone else.

“Morning,” They all replied in unison, Justin’s lips remaining pressed together as his eyes stayed glued to me practically burning holes through my skin.

Nervously shuffling on my feet, I turned to face the refrigerator, grabbing the carton of orange juice before pouring some into a plastic cup. “Anyone else want some?” I turned, taking a sip, my eyebrows raised in question.

“No thanks, kid.” Marcus smirked earning a glare from my direction in which he chuckled, “We’re good.”

Muttering incoherently to myself, I put the orange juice away before settled myself against the counter, hesitantly taking a seat next to Justin. “So, how’s it going with, you know, everything? Any progress?”

“Kelsey…” Justin began in a low mutter, warning me not to start.

Sighing, I tucked my hair behind my ears, “I’m just trying to make conversation.” I put my hands up in mock surrender, “You don’t have to share anything with me if you don’t want to.”

“Good because we’re not going to,” He shot back earning a glance of surprise from the guys making my cheeks burn in embarrassment. It’s one thing for him to snap at me when we’re on our own but in front of others, even if it was just them, made me want to hide especially when he did it more than once.

“Alright,” I sighed, my shoulders falling in defeat. My will to fight back was slowly fading and the need to defend myself was out of reach. I was growing tired of arguing and tried my best to avoid any possible confrontations.

“Justin,” Marco began, a nervous concealed chuckle escaping from his parted lips, eyebrows pulled into a frown, “Relax man, she didn’t even do anything—”

“How about you shut your mouth and mind your own God damn business?” Justin sneered, his lip curled into distaste, “The last time I checked she wasmy girlfriend, not yours.”

My heart skipped a beat as I bit my lip, feeling the band of the ring he had given me burning against my flesh.

“Justin,” John muttered, the air around us growing thick.

Justin inwardly winced, refusing to meet my eyes, “Fiancé,” He numbly corrected. “I meant my fiancé.”

Marco cleared his throat, “Regardless of what she is to you, you don’t have to treat her like shit. She’s a part of this too whether you like it or not—”

“That’s the thing, she shouldn’t be!” Justin barked, his fist coming in hard contact with the counter causing me to jump from the sudden outburst. “She shouldn’t fucking have to be a part of this. This shouldn’t even be fucking happening right now.” He hissed, the veins in his arms pulsing with anger.

“Justin…” I leaned over to calm him down.

“Don’t.” He snapped, jerking away from my touch. Running his hands feverishly up and down his face, Justin cursed thoroughly before the stool he was sitting on screeched back. “I gotta get out of here.”

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know,” He shot back, “I just need some time to think.” Starting for the door, Justin did a double take before stopping in his tracks. Staring wide eyed at the back of his frame, wondering what he was thinking, I was taken back when he turned on the heels of his shoes, facing me once more. Walking back over, his height towering over mine, Justin grasped onto the back of my neck, pulling me close. Pressing his cold, chapped lips to my forehead, I remained paralyzed as I held my breath, feeling my chest ache.

And in just seconds, he was gone, nothing but his scent remaining in the air.

Justin’s Point of View:

I had to get away.

I was suffocating, the darkness swiveling inside clawing at my entrails, the despair I’ve felt for years tearing at my soul. I couldn’t breathe and I couldn’t think. I felt trapped inside of my own body. The air around me was growing stiff and it seemed as though the walls were closing in around me.

Trudging through the dry leaves plastered against the floors of the side trails, I made my way to the back area of the safe house. Finding the shed we had located out here for use of weapons, I pushed open the wooden doors, a cloud of dust and cold air entering my lungs as I coughed, shoving past the numerous utensils on the floor.

Leaning back against the tool shed, I closed my eyes, laying my head on the cool metal under me. Exhaling through my nose, I felt the adrenaline kicking in as the memories came flooding back, drowning me into blackness.

First, I’m going to shoot your business down to the ground, leave you with nothing to go back to then I’m going to strip you of your money, leaving you without even a cent left in your name…

Clenching my jaw, I fought to contain the loathing building up inside of me. The anger I’ve tried so hard to keep on lock down reaching to unleash itself as my blood boiled the image of Cole’s disgusting grin imprinted into my head.

…and after I’m done with all of that,” His voice rang in my ears as though he were standing in this very room with me, “I’m going to tie you down to a chair and make you watch as I fuck your girl senseless and then I’m going to kill her, right in front of your eyes.” Gritting my teeth together, I dug my nails into my palms, my hands forming into tight fists at the mention of Kelsey. Just the thought of him touching her made me sick to the stomach. “You’re going to watch as your life falls apart by the seams,” He said, “and I’m going to love every second of it.

Letting out a howl of distress, I grabbed the closest thing next to me and flung it across the room, watching as it fell to the floor in a bang. Breathing deeply in fury, I felt my mind go numb and before I knew it, I began throwing everything I could find.

Running my fingers through my hair, I kicked at anything, ignoring the pain that shot up my leg in return as I pulled at the ends of my roots.

“Jesus Christ, what happened in here?” Looking up, I saw John enter, his eyes taking in the entire area. “Did a pack of wolves attack you or something?”

Avoiding his eyes, I pressed my lips together in a thin line. Laying my hands on my hips, I followed John’s gaze. “Fucking hell,” I muttered once I realized what I had done. Rubbing my face vigorously, I groaned, kicking the tire of one of the motorcycles we had stashed in here. “I’m losing my mind.”

“I can see that.” He countered, grimly. Leaning back against the door, John crossed his legs, steadying himself as he held his shoulder. “What’s gotten into you?”

Planting my hands to my sides, I swallowed down the dryness in my throat. “Would you believe me, if I told you that I had no idea?”

Staring at me without saying a word, John bowed his head in a nod, “I believe you Justin but now is not the time for this. You can’t—we need you on your A-game now more than ever—”

“You don’t think I know that?” I snapped, growling in annoyance.

“If you know it then why are you discarding everything like it’s nothing? You’ve been acting out lately and none of us have any idea why. It’s one thing for you to lash out on us; we’ve seen it all before but it’s another when you’re doing it to the girl you love for no reason whatsoever.” Shaking his head, he pushed himself away from the doors, walking over to me. “Something’s going on with you and I’m not leaving this place until you tell me what it is.”

“It’s nothing.”

“And you expect me just to believe that?”

“I expect you to let it go.” I retaliated with a sigh.

John ridiculed, “I’m going to need you to work with me here. I want to help you but I can’t do anything if you won’t open up. Ever since we’ve had to leave, you’ve been acting like a complete asshole making everybody feel like shit. You’re not the only one affected by all of this, God damn it. We’re all a part of this fucking mess and it seems like you can’t wrap your head around it. I’m done babying you. It’s time you grow up and fucking take control of your life. Sitting around, throwing shit won’t get you anywhere.”

Cupping the back of my neck, my jaw tightened. “So you’re telling me if somebody threatened to destroy everything you’ve worked so hard for including your girl, you wouldn’t be the least bit pissed off?”

A frown etched at the base of his brows as they pulled in. “What are you talking about?”

Sitting down on the floor, I assembled against the bike, my knees pulled up to my chest as my elbows hung from the ends. Closing my eyes as I leaned my head back, I took a deep breath. “Cole.” I admitted sheepishly.

“What about him?”

“Before we left the warehouse,” I began, “he was running his mouth about how he was going to shred me of everything I ever knew. My money, the house, the business… and then he told me how he was going to take Kelsey…” Trailing off, I shook my head, rage misting in my eyes, “He told me he was going to have his way with her and I was going to watch it all happen.”

“Cole talks out of his fucking ass, Justin. He’s trying to push your buttons and by the looks of it, he succeeded. You can’t let them get inside your head; you can’t let them believe they’ve got you in the palm of their hands. You and I both know nothing will happen to Kelsey as long as we’re all still breathing. She’s safe, okay? If we have to keep her here while we go into war with them in order to assure that, then so be it.”

“Just thinking about it… it reminds me of when Luke took her. You know?” Glancing up at him, I shrugged hopelessly. “When I saw Kelsey crying with her shirt ripped apart with that scumbag hovering over her…” I felt the bile rise in my throat. “I could see it in her eyes, she was so afraid that night. You’ve seen it all for yourself John. She was…—” I cut myself off.  “I refuse to let it happen again. I almost lost her once, I won’t have it. I don’t know what I’d do if he ever…” Shaking my head, I rounded my hands into fists, trying to calm myself down.

“She’s going to be okay as long as we get this right. We’ve been planning this for almost a week now, we’ll get rid of them just like we should’ve the second they stepped foot into Stratford but in order to do that, I’m going to need you to focus and forget everything that bastard said. I know this is going to be hard for you, it’s hard on all of us but I think it’s safe to say you’ve been taking your anger out on the wrong people. You should be focusing all that energy on Cole, not Kelsey. She’s the light that keeps you going man. You’ve got to stop pushing her away.”

Taking into consideration what he was saying, I made an effort to say something in correspondence when the doors that led inside the shed opened, Marco stepping in.

“You guys ready?”

Parting my lips in confusion, I cocked my head to the side, “For what?”

“Jason’s coming in today from Vegas,”

A wicked grin spread across my face as I stood to my feet, brushing myself off. I nearly forgot we had called him in for a meeting to discuss where his loyalties lie. “Let the games begin then, shall we?”

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“Ignore him,” Bruce voiced as if it were the easiest thing in the world and by the expression on my face, he got the message. “He’s got a lot on his mind and the only thing he could think of doing is letting it out on the people he loves. It’s his coping mechanism—he pushes people away when the going goes tough because in his mind he doesn’t want to drag you to hell with him.”

“Yeah,” Marcus reasoned with a polite smile. “You out of everyone should know that.” He stated knowingly as he stuffed the remainder of the cereal he was eating in his mouth.

“Don’t overthink it.” Bruce laid a comforting hand on my shoulder, “he’ll come to his senses sooner or later—”

“No.” John spoke up. “There’s more to it. There’s got to be. This has been going on for far too long and it’s not fair to any of us—especially you.” He said while looking over at me. “I’m going to find out just what’s wrong even if I have to force it out of him.” He growled irritably as he stood.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea with your shoulder and all.” Bruce scratched the back of his head. “If you two decide to brawl it out—”

John shook his head. “We won’t. I just want to talk to him, see what’s going on in that head of his.”

“Maybe Marcus should go with you.” Bruce openly suggested anxiously, looking a bit nervous.

“No, I’m doing this on my own. I know how to handle him when he’s like this. No offense but he won’t open up with an audience.”

Sighing, Bruce nodded in defeat. “Alright, hurry it up then because McCann’s scheduled to meet us in about half an hour.”

As John left the room, I turned to Bruce with a wary expression. “Jason’s coming?” My stomach churned at the thought of Jazzy’s murderer stepping foot into his hometown with Justin’s current state of mind.

“He’s probably already arrived in Stratford for all we know. You don’t have to worry about him, okay? We’re going to handle him once and for all.”

“What about Justin?” I weakly questioned. “If he sees Jason he’ll flip—”

“I’ve got that under control.” Offering an encouraging smile, he gestured to my causal appearance. “Don’t you and Carly have an afternoon class today?”

Furrowing my eyebrows, my eyes slowly wandered down to my outfit before they widened in realization that he was right. “Shit,” I hissed, mentally face palming myself. “We do.” Standing, I dumped the remains of my juice in the sink before washing and putting the cup away. Drying my hands, I quickly walked out, rushing upstairs to find Carly curling the ends of her hair in the bathroom. “Do we have class today?”

“Yep.” She said, putting emphasis on the ‘p’. Looking at me through the mirror, her face contorted in confusion. “Why aren’t you dressed?”

“Because I totally forgot” Sighing, I ran my fingers through my hair. “Give me five minutes; I’ll meet you downstairs, okay?”

“Kay,” She softly smiled.

Turning around, I walked into the room, instantly finding my bag on the floor as I rummaged through it pulling out a pair of jeans and a fitted long sleeved sweater. Quickly undressing myself, tugging on the newly found clothes instead, I brushed through my hair with my fingers, desperately trying to look presentable. Deciding on leaving it down, I dabbed some lip-gloss on my lips before coating my lashes with mascara. Shoving my things to the side, I grabbed my messenger bag before darting out the door and down the stairs where Carly stood with Spencer and Matt.

“I’m ready.” I exasperated with heavy breathing. “Let’s go.”

“Hold up little one.” Bruce chuckled as he made his way over to us, “I’ve got some rules for you guys. Spence and Matt will be watching your every move which means there will be no games of trying to sneak away. I know this has been hard on you guys but I need you to work with me. The faster we get this shit done with McCann, the faster we can go home and put this shit to rest.”

“We know the drill Bruce.” Carly sighed with a roll of her eyes. “I’ve heard it all before with John, it’s practically drilled into my head. I don’t need it from you too.”

“Alright, alright,” Bruce smiled, waving his hands dismissively. “Off you go then. I expect you guys to be back here by three. No later than that, okay?”

“Sir yes sir.” Carly saluted him with a teasing smile.

“Don’t get smart with me Risi.” Bruce warned though the jeering in his eyes told us he was kidding.

Laughing, the both of us walked hand in hand, out the door and over to the car where we waited to be taken to school.

Once we arrived, a sense of freedom overcame me. I didn’t feel trapped inside my own head. It felt good to be out in public for once. Turning to Spencer, I handed him my schedule. “That’s my class for today.” I pointed, “It’s in this building right… over…” Looking around, I stood on my tiptoes until I found it. “There.”

“Alright,” Folding it up, he stuffed the piece of paper into his back pocket. “Let’s go.” Looking at Matt, he nodded in his direction. “I’ll meet up with you later, okay?”

Clapping hands, we both went our separate ways. Wrapping my arms around myself, I took my bottom lip in between my teeth as I shivered from the cold.

“Who forgets to bring their jacket?” Spencer questioned teasingly as he peered down at me.

“Me because I’m an idiot,” I sighed, my teeth slightly chattering as we neared the building that would soon bring me warmth.

Shrugging off his jacket, he wrapped it around my arms. “There, now you should be fine.”

I shook my head, feeling bad. “Spencer, you don’t have to—”

“Don’t.” Stopping me before I could take it off, he smiled. “It’s fine Kelsey besides if you get sick on my watch, I‘ll never hear the end of it and chances are Justin would kill me.” He chuckled.

Laughing, I kept it on. “Thanks Spence.”

“No problem kid.”

I groaned, throwing my head back. “Why does everyone say that?!”

“Sorry,” He cheesed, grinning down at me.

Sighing dramatically, I waved a hand dismissively. “It’s alright; I forgive you just this once because you were kind enough to give me your jacket.”

He put his arm around me, “Anything for my bestfriend.”

“Aw, Spence!” I gushed sarcastically, “I’m your bestfriend?”

Laughing, he shook his head. “You’re an ass.”

“But I thought I was your bestfriend? Geez, Spencer, make up your mind.” I playfully rolled my eyes.

“You’re an ass of a bestfriend, how ‘bout that?” He raised a brow in question fighting the urge to smile as he held a straight face.

“Hm…” Pretending to think about it, I tapped a finger to my chin. “I guess that’ll do for now.”

“Good.” Letting me go, he stuffed his hands into the pocket of his jeans, whistling to a tune of his own.

“Kelsey!”

Turning around, I was just about to see who it was when Spencer jumped in front of me, blocking view.

“If I were you, I’d take a step back and turn the other way.” Spencer warned, his muscles tensing.

“Who is it?” I whispered, peaking around his shoulder to see Tanner standing just a few feet away.

“This happens to be my class,” Tanner retorted, “Who are you anyways? Her bodyguard?” He snorted in sarcasm.

“Yeah something like that.” Spencer countered his gaze sharp against Tanners.

“I just wanted to talk to her, we have class together. I mean no harm, you can even check me if you want.” Tanner put his hands up as a sign of surrender to Spencer’s skepticism.

“It’s okay,” I murmured, tugging on Spencer’s shirt. “I know him. He’s a friend.”

“Kelsey—”

“I said he’s safe, Spencer. You don’t have to protect me from him, it’s okay.”

“But Justin said—”

“Is Justin here right now?” I motioned around us.

“No, but—”

“Then we’re good.” Finding my way around him, I made my way over to Tanner. “Are you trying to get yourself killed?” I hissed quiet enough for Spencer not to hear.

“I just wanted to see how you were doing; I didn’t know that was such a crime.” He huffed a breath, tearing away from Spencer to look down at me.

“I’m sorry.” I sighed, “Things have just been… crazy lately.” I gave him a small smile. “He’s just looking out for me.”

“Yeah, I can tell.” He expired cynically. “Is that guy really your bodyguard?”

“He’s… a friend,” I rationalized, “and a really protective one at that too. Come on; don’t wanna be late for class now do we?” Gesturing towards the building behind us with a smile, I was desperate to change the subject as we began walking side by side, Spencer trailing right behind us.

“Did you do Corinelli’s homework?”

“I didn’t have the time.” I forlornly smiled, looking ahead as we both entered the building, the warmness engulfing us, separating us from the cold weather outside.

“That’s understandable.” He nodded, pursing his lips to the side in thought. “How was your weekend?”

Laughing slightly, I shook my head, thinking back to the past few days and all that I’ve endured since. “It was… eventful. What about yours?” We stopped at the entrance to our classroom.

“Eh, it was alright. Definitely not eventful though.” He teased. “Care to elaborate on yours?”

“Not really,” I admitted. “It was tiring to be honest.” Looking at Spencer, I bit my lip, turning back to Tanner. “I’ll meet you inside, okay?”

Looking behind him to Spencer, Tanner got the message, nodding his head without a word as he disappeared inside.

“I don’t like him.” Spencer scowled, his eyes burning holes into Tanner’s back.

“Yeah, well, I don’t care. Listen, this is my class and I should be out by two forty five, okay?”

“Yeah, yeah, I got it.”

“Okay,” Taking off his jacket, I handed it back to him. “Thanks.”

“Keep it.” Spencer shrugged, “You’re going to need it for when we leave.”

Laughing, I nodded. “Alright,” Layering it over my arm, I gave him a small wave before walking inside, finding my seat next to Tanner.

Justin’s Point of View:

It was finally time to put Jason in his place. For years he had been digging deeper and deeper into my skin, doing anything in his power to piss me the fuck off and wearing my patience thin. I knew Jazzy wouldn’t have wanted me to get revenge on her death and I respected that but now, it was so much more than that.

He had fucked with my life on one too many occasions and I had just about enough of him and his bullshit.

That fucker was going to start talking tonight or his ass will be handed to him on a silver platter. I can guarantee it.

“You look like you want to kill someone.” Bruce a matter of factly stated, glancing sideways at me.

A smirk twisted upon my lips as I chewed on a piece of gum, my jaw tensing slightly. “Oh, I’m fine.” My knee bobbed obnoxiously, “Are we there yet?” I asked, changing the subject.

“Almost,” Staring at me as if I were hiding a secret, I purposely turned to look out the window, not wanting to give him a reason to question me any further.

Killing the engine, I didn’t even wait for Bruce to take the keys before I got out, all five of us making it inside the warehouse.

The sun setting outside caused a dim lighting to fall through the windows creating a soft glow. Taking my gun out, I cocked it open, checking to see if I had enough bullets inside.

“Woah, woah, woah, put that thing away.” Bruce made his way over to me, his hands up in mock surrender. “There will be none of that tonight.”

“You don’t have to do shit Bruce if you don’t want to but if he doesn’t start talking, a bullet will meet the back of his head and I don’t give a shit if you approve or not.” Making a show of clicking the back of my gun shut, I put it away under the waistband of my jeans before pushing past and getting myself a glass of water.

“He’s here!” Marco shouted, “I just saw his Range Rover pull up.”

“Joy,” I mumbled sarcastically, making my way over to where they all stood waiting for Jason to show his face. Taking a sip of the cold water, my jaw tightened the moment the front door opened and the familiar pair of Supras scraped against the floor.

“Alright,” Jason lazily exclaimed his hands stuffed in his jeans. “What the hell do you guys want that was so urgent? I had business to take care of back in Vegas.”

“Was that before or after you decided to help tamper with our shipment?” I voiced first, cocking my head to the side, ending the small talk and getting straight to the point. My hard eyes rested upon his and I could tell he was taken aback by my question. “What? Cat got your tongue? Didn’t think we’d find out you tied forces with the Snipers to help get rid of us?”

“I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about Bieber.” He hissed, his hair tousled to the side as he kept his composure.

“How convenient, McCann. You just miraculously forget and try to play innocent but you see, that’s not going to work in your favor today because we’ve got proof that it was you.”

“And what kind of proof would that be?”

“Vincent Lorelli is the only bomber besides you within our reach who can make the most destructive grenades but the problem here is that he retired a good three years ago after he nearly got himself killed in 2010 doing a job for Danny Cortez. You on the other hand are still in business, am I correct?”

“Where the hell are you going with this?” He growled angrily, “Is this what you called me here for?”

“Throwing questions back at me to give you time to make up excuses won’t do anything for you McCann because regardless of what you say or do, nothing will change our minds. I suggest you start fucking talking or God so help me, I will make you.” I seethed through gritted teeth.

“For the last time, I had nothing to do with—” Before he had the chance to finish, I slammed my glass down against the side of the table just to the left of us, shattering it into pieces. Grabbing the sharpest slice, I shoved Jason up against the wall, pressing the cool material of the edge to his neck, my eyes black with rage. “I’m not going to say it again Jason,” I warned, “Start talking.”

“Get the fuck off of me.”

“Wrong answer,” Slicing his neck open a bit, I watched as he flinched in return, grabbing at my hand to stop me from continuing. “I’ll fucking skin you.” I threatened.

“Go right ahead,” He rasped, “because I didn’t do anything.”

Smirking, I ripped through his skin a little further, digging into it. “You might want to rethink that response.” I whispered menacingly.

“Christ Justin,” Bruce muttered behind me but I paid no mind to him, keeping my sole attention towards the bastard in front of me.

“Fuck you.” Jason spat.

Pressing my tongue to the roof of my mouth, I pulled Jason from the wall before slamming him back into it, my hand sliding up to grip his jaw as I held his head up, his wound tearing by the seams earning a yelp it arise from Jason. “You and I both know that if I pull apart any further you will bleed to death in this very room.”

“You don’t think I’ll have people looking for me? You won’t get away with it.” He choked out, a daring grin taking control of his entire face.

I impishly smirked, inching my face towards his. “If I kill you right now, no one and I mean no one,” I emphasized my point across, “will find you because I’ll have your body burned to a crisp. You’ll be nothing but a distant memory.”

“You keep telling yourself that Bieber.” Jason countered, “But it won’t change the fact that I’m always one step ahead of you.”

“But that’s where you’re wrong, you see because if that were the case, you wouldn’t even be here right now. You’re an amateur, McCann. Always have been and I’ve had enough of you running your mouth all these years. You killed my sister, now you’re trying to fuck with my commerce and I’m ready to give you the karma you had waiting your entire life.”

“Let go of me.” Jason hissed, clawing at my grip around his neck as the excruciating pain increased due to the pressure I was putting on it.

“Tell me what you know.” I reasoned.

“I don’t know anything.” Jason boiled his face red in anger, defeat and struggle.

Faking a sigh, I tisked, shaking my head. “Always gotta do it the hard way.” Grabbing him off the wall, I jammed my knee into his face, a crack sounding around the room as Jason cried in pain, his nose gushing blood as I held him back up. Taking my gun out, I held it to his temple. “I think you’re smart enough to know that this is your last straw.”

“Justin…” Marco began in warning.

“What?” I sharply barked.

“Justin?” This time a different voice was heard. A voice I knew all too well, making my stomach churn unpleasantly. Keeping my grip on Jason, I turned my head to see Kelsey standing there, staring wide-eyed in my direction. My body froze.

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“That was brutal.” I groaned as I left the class with Spencer leading me through the double doors, a chuckle falling from the grace of his lips.

“Thank God I finished school a long ass time ago.” He muttered, shaking his head. “I hated having to wake up early every day.”

“Try having to sit through a four hour class learning absolutely nothing, it’s horrible and tiring. I can’t wait to just go home.”

“Don’t worry; we’ll be home in no time. Carly finished her class half an hour ago. Matt called me and said they’re by the cafeteria.”

“That’s not too far from here, come on.” Grabbing his wrist, I began tugging him forwards as I strutted across the street that separated the two grounds, looking both left and right in case of any cars that decided to drive by before walking up the small hill that led across a sitting area, around a bush of flowers and down another a series of steps until we reached the ground floor where people of all ages walked around. “There it is,” I pointed, squinting slightly, “and I think I see them.”

Making our way over to them, confusion took place as I spotted an unfamiliar girl around Carly and I’s age with dirty blonde hair and a pair of dark brown eyes standing next to them. “Hey.”

“Hey,” Carly beamed, “How was class?”

“Same old crap, you know how the professor is.” I shrugged, my eyes briefly scanning the blonde. “Who’s this?”

“Oh!” Carly exclaimed dumbly, a sweet giggle escaping, “Kelsey this is Connie, Connie this is my bestfriend Kelsey. Connie’s in my economics course.”

“It’s nice to meet you Connie.” I smiled though something didn’t sit right in my stomach about her.

“You too,” She extended her hand in which I gave it a firm shake before retrieving it back.

“Connie transferred here from Stratford Tech, how cool is that?”

My face contorted in shock. Stratford Tech was one of the best university’s in Stratford. You had to be a genius to be able to get into that school. “Wow, that’s amazing. I heard it’s a phenomenal school! Why did you transfer?”

“It just didn’t sit right with me. I got all the credits I needed but they didn’t have the major I wanted so I didn’t see any point in staying.”

“What are you majoring in exactly?”

“Kelsey!” Carly giggled nervously, giving me the what-the-hell-are-you-doing look.

“It’s alright,” Connie laughed, waving a hand dismissively. “I’m majoring in communications.” She told me.

“I’ve always wanted to do that but decided to change it last minute. That’s such a shame; we could’ve possibly been in the same courses.” Turning away from her, I looked at Carly. “Are you ready to go yet? Bruce said we had to be home by three and I don’t feel like pissing him off.”

“Is Bruce your dad?” Connie asked, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

My eyes widened, “Oh my God, no.” I shook my head vigorously, “Definitely not my dad. He’s just a friend.”

“Oh,” Connie noticed her mistake, blushing. “Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I smiled.

“Come on, you’re right, we should go.” Spencer tugged on my arm, “I won’t hear the end of it if we’re late.”

I nodded, “It was nice to meet you again, Connie.”

“You too, Kelsey.” Turning to Carly, Connie gave her a hug. “See you Wednesday.”

“Text me later!” Carly called back to her after she pulled away and we began walking towards the parking lot.

Telling her she would, Connie began walking in the opposite direction, her blonde hair swaying in the wind as she held her books to her chest.

“So what did you guys think?” Carly grinned over at me, “Isn’t she awesome?”

“Yeah, she seems pretty nice.” I mumbled, yawning into my palm as I held Spencer’s jacket closer around my body. “Where’s she from?”

“What is with you and all these questions?” Carly laughed as she turned to me, “She’s from Toronto, that’s why. She only comes here for her classes and then she leaves.”

“Oh, well that explains why I haven’t seen her around Stratford.” Once we reached the car, I threw my head back, exhaling in glee. “Thank God! Spencer, you better drive fast,” I strictly pointed, wanting to get my point across, “because I’m about to pass out. I can’t wait to just curl up in bed and sleep”

“You might want to hold onto that thought because John just texted me.” Looking down at his phone, he read the message.

“What happened? We’re not late, are we?”

“No, no, it’s not that.” Spencer looked at me, his face contorted in an emotion I couldn’t quite decipher. “It’s Justin.”

My heart skipped a beat, all different scenarios going through my head. “What happened? Is he okay?”

“That’s the thing, I don’t know. According to John, he’s afraid Justin’s going to do something stupid. We have to get to the warehouse.”

“Okay, what are you waiting for then? Let’s go.” Rushing into the back seat, I buckled myself in, feeling my palms sweat as I inwardly cursed myself. I knew he’d do this would happen. I had a bad feeling about this and now all my worst fears were coming true.

Grabbing my hand in hers, Carly gave it a reassuring squeeze letting me know she was here for me.

Looking out the window, I felt my eyes burn, my throat closing up as I rested my head against the cold window, praying to God that we made it in time before anything happened.

I flew from the car, the second the car was put into park, running over to the front door as I pulled it open, stepping inside to see the backs of the guys to me. Slowly, I made my way over to them.

John let out a much needed breath once he saw I had arrived, “Thank God.” He muttered.

Looking nervously from me to Justin, Marco cursed under his breath. “Justin…” He warned.

“What?” Justin bit back harshly causing all the color to drain from my face when I spotted him holding a bloody Jason, all his strength mustered to making sure he paid, my throat tightening at the violent state I knew he was in.

My eyes widened. “Justin?”

An eerie silence fell amongst us as Justin turned to look at me, anger written all over his face that soon transformed to confusion then shock, freezing once he realized it was me. “What are you doing here?” He growled, not taking his eyes off of Jason as he turned away.

“I figured you’d be here after you left.” I softly spoke as I took a hesitant step towards him, Jason’s eyes burning into me as he took turns looking between the both of us.

“You shouldn’t be here.” He hissed, emotionless.

“And you shouldn’t be doing this, Justin. Please let him go.” I begged, taking my lip in between my teeth.

“There’s no way in hell I’m letting this son of a bitch go until he tells me what the fuck he’s doing with Lyndon.” Taking his gun, he hit Jason with it watching as he collapsed to the floor before bringing him back up once more.

Flinching, I held my breath as more blood was spilled. I raked my brain for an excuse to get him out of this. “You’ll never find out if you do this…” I negotiated. “You need to keep him alive in order to put the pieces together, Justin. With Jason gone, he can’t help you.”

“She’s right man,” Bruce spoke up, coming to my defense, knowing where I was going with this. “You kill him and you could be missing out on some important information.”

“I’d much rather see him die before my very eyes then to let him breathe for another second.” He sneered and with that, Justin pulled back the tab, the bullet clicking into place.

“You don’t want to do this in front of your fiancé Justin!” Bruce quickly reasoned, “You don’t want to go to jail. Not again. Put the gun down and let him go, you’re scaring her.”

And with that, Justin turned to me, his eyes softening at the sight of my watery eyes and shaking body.

“Kelsey…”

“Please don’t do this.” I whimpered. I’d never seen Justin like this and to know what he was capable of was a scary sight. I heard of the things he’s done and I could only imagine what he did to his enemies but now that I was experiencing it firsthand, it was frightening.

Licking his lips, Justin slowly but surely let Jason go, his body falling back against the wall in a slump.

Groaning, Jason held the side of his head and neck. Blinking up at Justin, a lazy smirk fell across his lips. “Still a little bitch when it comes to your girl, huh Bieber?”

With the glass in his hand that I hadn’t even realized, Justin snarled angrily before stabbing Jason just at the top of his knee with it before pulling it upwards, slicing his skin open, and an ear shattering cry rattling in my ears.  “Next time,” He crouched down to Jason’s level, “I won’t hesitate to cut your balls off.” He hissed, “Now leave before I change my mind about blowing your brains out.”

As Jason stood to his feet with much to no help at all, he began limping away, hissing with every step he took.

“But before I let you go.” Justin grabbed onto the back of Jason’s neck, holding him close as he leaned into his ear, “We still have something to take care of and I think you know what that something is.”

“W—what do you want to know?” He groaned, knowing Justin wasn’t going to back down and his chances of living were slim to nothing.

Smiling in victory, Justin held the glass at bay, “Why the hell did you decide to pair up with Lyndon and the rest of those bastards?”

“They called me and said they needed a bomb as soon as possible. I had no idea it was for you, they didn’t give me a name.” Jason struggled to breathe as Justin’s fingers dug into him.

“And you expect me to believe that?” He hissed, “Hm? How dumb do you fucking think I am?”

“I’m telling you the truth; I had nothing to do with your shipment. Yes, I made the bombs but I had no fucking idea it was meant for you. If I did, I wouldn’t even try defending myself. I know you’d come after me regardless of what I say or do. They planned this without my consent. I just made the bombs, they did the dirty work.”

“Why?” Justin questioned, “Did they tell you why?”

“All they said was that they needed it to send a message.” Jason struggled in Justin’s grip, “They ordered over three rounds of bombs, if you want me to get specific. They said they needed enough to kill. I didn’t ask questions, I just do what I’m asked and I get my money. You know how my system works.” He grated in discomfort.

“Good job,” Shoving him forwards, Justin snarled in response. “Now, get the fuck out of my face.”

When we had made it home, it was even more awkward than I had expected. The intensity amongst us all was smothering and something I couldn’t pull away from.

Feeling the world cave in around my shoulders, I didn’t even bother to say anything to anybody as I made my way upstairs and into the bedroom where I stripped, pulling on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Dragging the blanket back, I crawled inside, tucking it under my chin. When the door opened, I could feel Justin’s eyes on me but I refused to meet his regard.

Sighing, he shuffled into the bathroom, closing the door behind him as the whining of the water turning on from the sink settled my nerves.

When he got out, shirtless, I held my breath when he dropped his pants, pulling on a pair of sweatpants almost identical to mine. Scratching the back of his neck, he made his way around the bed before sliding in beside me, his warmth hastily radiating against my back as he settled comfortably under the blanket.

I could tell he was fighting the urge to touch me, afraid of what I’d say or do but little did he know that at this point, I was passed the point of frustration. I couldn’t blame him for what he did because he had so much riding on him that it was almost impossible to ignore when the opportunity to get some of that anger out stroke.

Grabbing his hand, I pulled his arm around to lie across my middle, interlocking our fingers together, letting him know that I wasn’t the least bit angry.

“I’m sorry.” He murmured against my shoulder, his lips lightly brushing against the skin as his hold on me tightened. “I never wanted you to see that side of me.” He admitted, letting out an aggrieved exhalation.

Shaking my head, I shushed him. “Just hold me.” I whispered, feeling a sudden wave of sadness overcome. “Please and don’t let go. Not tonight.”

“I’ll never let you go.” Justin tucked me safely into his arms, “Ever.” His body towered protectively, mine woven perfectly in between his and together, bruised, broken and exhausted, we fell asleep; dreaming of a better tomorrow neither one of us knew would come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 18K 144
Just your generic Jason McCann kidnaps girl type of thing... Sweetheart. I remember the way that name rolled smoothly off Jason's tongue. I rememb...
5.9K 199 8
M/n 'died' on his birthday and was taken to the world of Tokyo revengers he was determined to help takemichi with his mission to save Hinata Tachiban...
138K 2.5K 46
Mr Efron is my Math teacher, and I suck at math. Mr Efron is slinky and handsome, and I like that. Too much. Mr Efron is a 24 year old high school M...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc