Reborn [1] (Jacob Black)

alliekatt314

Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being... Еще

Introduction
Chapter 1 Leaving
Chapter 2 Establishing Cover Ups
Chapter 3 Bella stay away from them
Chapter 4 Trying to be Human
Chapter 5 Found Out
Chapter 6 The Cold Ones
Chapter 7 Great he's back
Chapter 8 Rosalie
Chapter 9 Bookstore
Chapter 10 Somewhat Explanations
Chapter 11 Dammit Bella!
Chapter 12 Edward Cullen
Authors Note
Chapter 13 The Blacks
Chapter 14 Dinner
Chapter 15 Dinner
Chapter 16 Creeper
Chapter 17 Baseball
Chapter 18 Blood and Wet Leather
Chapter 19 Charlie
Chapter 20 Flee
Chapter 22 James
Chapter 23 Broken
Chapter 24 Fire
Chapter 25 Hospital
Chapter 26 Prom
Authors Notes
Sequel

Chapter 21 Hotel

4.5K 138 14
alliekatt314

Reyna

~~~

I blink as the sun rises and my eyes adjust. Bella blearily opens her eyes and yawns.

I didn't sleep, I couldn't sleep.

Jasper and Alice are holding hands and their eyes are darting nervously about on the empty road.

Bella's eyes are puffy, she cried herself to sleep in the car last night. Bella sighs and pulls out her phone to call mom again.

"Mom, it's me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, Reyna and I aren't in Forks anymore but I'm okay. I'll explain when you call," Bella mutters and hangs up. She sighs and leans on me again. These past few hours have been long.

Outside we watch as the lush landscape changes from forests to hillsides and a hotter climate.

Even though we get further and further from Fork I never get any less worried.

~~~

We arrive at a hotel an eternity later and get two rooms connected to each other.

I collapse exhausted into one of the plush beds and let out a scream into the sheets.

Bella plops onto the bed next to mine and immediately falls asleep.

I inhale deeply and close my eyes.

"I created you."

My eyes fly open when I see him again.

I don't think I'll be able sleep normally ever again.

~~~

Instead of sleeping I get up and knock on the door of Alice and Jasper's room.

Alice opens the door seconds later and gives me a comforting smile.

"Can't sleep?" she asks.

"No I can't at all. I don't think I'll ever be able to peacefully sleep again. I just keep seeing his red eyes and smelling..blood and wet leather," I reply shakily. Alice pulls me into a hug and holds me close.

"Don't you worry Reyna," Alice whispers. "Come on watch a movie with Jas and I." I glance back at Bella one more time and follow Alice into their room.

Nothing could even move in Bella and my room without me knowing.

"We're watching Star Wars," Alice states and hits play. Jasper seems barely invested in this movie. Alice too seems distracted. I can't blame them really, James is all I can think about.

I froze when he grabbed me. I couldn't move. Why was I so weak? I need to be better than that. I can't seize next time, I have to act.

~~~

The day drags on to late afternoon so I ordered room service.

Bella wakes up and comes in after the food arrives. She looks exhausted and fraught with worry.

Alice and Jasper have the blinds pulled and sit in silence.

Bella is holding her phone and staring at it. I can tell she's been waiting for him to call.

"I wish he'd call," Bella mutters and sits next to me on the floor. I'm absentmindedly eating a salad.

"You should eat," Alice advises. Bella ignored her food and sighs.

"They could get hurt. It's not worth it."

We've both been wrought with guilt about the Cullen's going to all this trouble for us. Bella I understand because Edward loves her but me, I'm just an accessory to Bella.

"Yes. It is," Jasper insists taking Bella and I by surprise. He's never really talked to us before. He's always quiet and serious. "Edward's changed since he found you. And none of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you." Jasper avoids our gaze and glances around the room. "It's worth it."

Bella relaxes at this but I do not. I'm only here because Bella insists we're a package deal.

Suddenly Alice freezes her eyes going wide.

"What do you see?" Jasper asks after rushing to her side.

"The tracker. He just changed course.." Alice whispers her voice deep with worry. Jasper quickly sets a pad of paper before her an a pencil in her hand.

"Where will it take him, Alice?" Jasper inquires carefully. Alice starts to frantically move the pen across the paper and an image slowly forms.

"Mirrors. It's a room of mirrors," Alice murmurs and closes her eyes as she lets her hand draw the room.

"How do the visions work? Edward said they weren't always certain," Bella says curiously.

"She sees the course people are on, while they're on it. If they change their minds, the visions change," Jasper explains and examines the picture. I sit up to get a better look and my eyes widen.

"So the course James is on now will lead him to... a ballet studio?" Bella inquires looking stumped.

"You've been here?" Alice says with wide eyes.

I know that studio...

"No. I don't know. I used to take ballet lessons as a kid. The school had an arch like that," Bella responds and that's when it clicks for her.

"That's our ballet studio Bella," I murmur.

"Was your school here in Phoenix?" Jasper questions intently.

"Yeah, around the corner from our house. But we haven't been there in ten years," Bella answers clearly and takes my hand.

"Do you have any reason to go now?" Jasper presses.

"No. Hell, no. I hated the place," Bella replies with a look of disgust.

"I loved it but I can't think of a reason to go back," I add while my gaze stays fixed to the drawing.

Alice and Jasper share a look of confusion just as Bella's phone rings. Bella jumps and whips out her phone. She exhales calmly and smiles when she sees the caller ID. It's Edward.

"Edward. Are you alright?" she asks immediately after picking up. Not giving the least of a care I eavesdrop on them.

"I'm coming to get you. We lost the tracker. The woman is still in the area. Rosalie and Esme are protecting your father," Edward says sounding really frustrated.

"This is my fault. You warned me, but I didn't think. I just-"

"Bella, we're in too deep. We can't change how we feel."

"No... we can't. When will you get here?"

"In a couple hours. Then you and I..and Reyna will go somewhere. Together. The others will keep hunting." He pauses and his voice becomes tense. Bella, I swear to you, I'll do whatever it takes to make you safe again."

"I know you will. I love you," she whispers as tears well in her eyes.

"I love you too."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

41.6K 1.2K 30
Scarlett Swan, along with her twin sister Bella Swan, make the decision to move to a small, rainy town in Washington known as Forks where their fathe...
203K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
101K 4.2K 84
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ✧✧✧ "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...