No Regretting Us (ManXMan// l...

By notbackingdown

My books are written explicitly for a MATURE AUDIENCE. There will be some instances/scenes/suggestions of se... More

Acknowledgements
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Epilogue

Chapter Two

35.6K 1.4K 238
By notbackingdown

Lexus

Lexus was confused. Yet he felt in his heart that he should accept the offer of finding out who his father is or rather was.

"That man is not your father Lex. He never took care of you other than a sending a cheque. Please baby stay here, you can work for Jim" his mother, Audrina pleads.

"Mom, you know that I don't want that. It's what you want, not me" Lexus says exasperated. He's tired of having this conversation.

It only sealed the decision he was about to make. He had been communicating with Tina, his father's wife. She called him a week ago and informed him of James March's death, his supposed father. His mother never denied it when he asked but she did look at him funny when the conversation came up.

"Mother, I'm going" he said firmly and watched his mother's chin tremble, a bit of fear in her eyes but as soon as he saw it, it was gone. Audrina Jenner stiffened her spine, jaws set.

"Fine! Go see what a great man James was. Go meet his perfect family. Forget all the sacrifices I made - "

"You never sacrificed anything for me!" Lexus felt bad for shouting at his mom but every word was true.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling but I am twenty six years old. I can make my own decisions and I want to go. I played the sport you chose, I went to the college you chose. I live half a block away because I had to move out on your terms, hell I'm even interning at the company you chose. It's time I do what I want mom" Lexus says and left his mother's house with a purpose.

Tired, so tired of his mother turning him into the man she wanted not even bothering to see the man he could become on his own.

This offer from Tina also could not have come at a better time as Lexus had an interview with a company out in New York who is looking for someone to fill their Data Analysis position. Two birds: one stone. Lexus thought.

After making arrangements with his landlord and his bank he purchased a one way ticket to New York three days after the argument with his mother.

When he told Tina of his decision she offered to pay his travel fee but he declined. She was quite excited that he wanted to come out there and meet her. From what she told Lexus, she and James had a son named Antonio who is twenty three years old. Like Lexus he's an only child.

It's weird for Lexus thinking that he has a brother but it was quite exciting at the same time. With his things packed Lexus took a cab to the airport.

Lexus got settled into his hotel room. Tomorrow he'd go to the address of his late father and meet the man's family. He called Tina and let her know he had arrived and confirmed the time to find himself at her door for dinner the next day.

Nothing else to do Lexus decided to use the complimentary invite to a club three blocks away which he got when he checked in. He felt too energized to sleep, too excited to sit in the room and watch T.V. At least he'd see what all the rave is about the New York night life.

Dressing in a pair of black skinny jeans, a black dress shirt and his favorite pair of timberland boots Lexus walked the little distance to Club Electric.

Showing his ID to the bouncer Lexus strolled to the bar liking the way the music thumped through him.

"Whiskey neat" he says to the bartender that glanced at him. She was a petite brunette. Tank top with Club Electric emblazoned on her bust. He downed the shot in one gulp and ordered a beer next.

Looking out onto the dance floor Lexus smiled taking in the carefree dancers. Bodies writhing to the music. After downing his beer Lexus was in need of a smoke.

"Hey, can I smoke in here?" he asked the brunette, she smiled and shook her head no.

"No sugar, but you can go out on to the balcony over there" she points behind the dance floor. Lexus looked back at her with a quirked brow, all he saw where she pointed was people, more people and wall.

She grinned at him "just walk in that direction and tell the bald bouncer Cher said hi" she smiles at him. A genuine smile, nothing flirty or anything like that and Lexus felt that if he got to know the girl, he and she could be good friends.

"Thank you. Two more beers please" Lexus slapped a fifty on the counter when she placed the bottles in front of me.

"Keep the change" he grinned at her saluting her with one hand he slipped through the dancing bodies.

"This door is off limits" the bald headed bouncer says as soon as Lexus approached him after fighting his way through the crowd.

"Oh um.. Cher said to tell you hi" he says raising an eyebrow when the stone faced man cracked a smile and stepped aside.

Lexus took a big breath and walked straight to the railing. He set both beers on the ground and took out his pack of smokes.

"Shit" Lexus cursed. He forgot his lighter in his bag.

"I'll trade you a light for one of those beers" a smooth voice said from behind Lexus making him startle and clutch at his chest.

"Jesus!" Lexus hissed looking to his left and behind where the sound of the voice came from.

Leaning against the wall was an angel. Lexus was sure of it. The young man was absolutely stunning. Maybe a couple of years younger than himself Lexus presumed.

"Fair trade is no robbery" Lexus says stepping closer to the vision before him.

The boy laughed. A full blown belly laugh. Husky and cute. Lexus felt it wash over him to the tips of his toes.

Taking the offered lighter Lexus sparked up his cigarette and passed a beer to the sexy boy together with his lighter.

"Smoke?" Lexus offered and the boys grinned.

"I don't smoke" he chuckled at Lexus' expression which screamed 'puhlease'. He had a lighter for Pete's sake.

"The lighter is my father's. I just like to carry it around" the man says, his smile dropping at the mention of his father and he glanced away. Lexus wondered if he and his father don't get along by the crestfallen look on his sweet face.

"So.... What brings you out here?" Lexus asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Moping, I believe they call it" he answered taking a drink from the bottle. Lexus watched completely mesmerized as the boy's throat worked swallowing, his lips wet from the golden liquid.

"Ah... Mind if I intrude?" Lexus asked cheekily.

"Nope. Intrude away" he mutters looking at Lexus and only then Lexus noticed sad eyes swollen around the rims. Lexus took a few steps closer and almost... almost pulled the boy into his arms and hold him. He looked devastated, as if he's been through the worst of the worst and barely survived.

"What's your name? I'm Lexus" Lexus offered his name to the boy and hoped like hell he wasn't one of those coy boys who goes around tugging on men's heart strings for shits and giggles.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gage" he answered looking at Lexus. Lexus saw a sad, sad boy.

"Who would put a look like that on your pretty face?" Lexus asked taking in Gage's puffy eyes and prayed silently that the boy doesn't come back with the words 'I'm not gay'.

"Asshole cheating ex-boyfriend" Gage seethes then blushed abruptly. Guess that answers that.

"Well he's a dick head then. You're too beautiful to waste your time on that type of man" Lexus stepped closer and thanked the said dick head for being a fuck up.

He didn't know what was happening but he just needed to be closer to Gage. He needed to make him smile at least once.

"Thank you. But I can't hate him for it as much as I want to" Gage sighed.

"Why?" Lexus sat on the concrete beside Gage's legs.

"Because..." Gage slid down the wall and sat beside Lexus "because they're in love. You should have seen the way Terry - that's my ex, looked at the guy. He never looked at me so. He never held me like that during the entire year of our relationship. I know Terry loved me... He just wasn't in love with me" Gage's voice cracked on the last part.

Lexus could hear the yearning in Gage's voice, of wanting to be caressed and held. To be kissed gently and touched reverently.

"Gage" Lexus whispered pulling the boy onto his lap so that Gage was straddling him. Gage sighed and snuggled close. Resting his face in the crook Lexus' neck, his palms resting lightly against Lexus' chest.

Lexus' heart raced under Gage's gentle touch. He didn't understand why but holding Gage like this felt right. Lexus never felt this protective over anyone before. None of his past lovers ever incited these emotions in him and he hasn't even kissed Gage, hell he doesn't even know the boy from a can of paint.

Tipping Gage's face Lexus saw pain and desperation. Those beautiful eyes filled to the brim with tears. Lips trembling slightly. Hands clenching into fists on his chest in a white knuckle grip of his black shirt.

Smoothing back Gage's hair from his face he gently kissed the boy's forehead.

"Take it away Lexus. Take away my pain. Make me forget... If only for tonight" Gage whispered resting his forehead against Lexus'.

"I have a room about three blocks from here" Lexus heard himself say which shocked the hell out of him. He's never had a one night stand in his life.

"I have my car. I can drive us there" Gage whispered getting off Lexus' lap.

Lexus followed the boy out the club and down the side walk. They stopped at a candy red Chevy Impala. Neither said a word until Lexus gave Gage direction to the hotel. Not a word being spoken in the car, the radio on some pop station and Lexus held himself back from singing to Alessia Cara's Here. He absolutely loved the song, hell he'd probably say he's obsessed with the girl and he can't remember a time he's heard the song and not sing it. Ah, yes. Gage is already twisting him in knots.

In the elevator Gage fidgeted a bit and Lexus fought the urge to do the same. This is why he never took a stranger to bed. The awkwardness was just too much to bear for him.

"You don't have to you know? You could go back down to your car and go home" Lexus found himself saying and at the back of his mind he added 'but not before giving me your digits sexy'.

"I... it's just... I've never... you know? With a stranger" Gage stuttered and blushed when Lexus' eyes widened.

"Me neither" Lexus laughed at the dramatic way Gage's eyebrows rose.

"Really? I feel too awkward being with someone I know nothing about" he chuckled knowing full well that's what he was about to do.

"Yea, I know what you mean. But I want to... with you" Gage smiled softly at Lexus, the slight tilt to his plump lips gave Lexus all kinds of ideas as to what he'd like those lips to do.

When they made it inside the room they stared at each other. Lexus leaning against the door and Gage a few steps inside, hands in his pocket as he chewed on his lower lip.

"Come here" Lexus says quietly. Gage's eyes flits up to his and Lexus could now see the rich chocolate shade of them in proper lighting. Lexus held his breath as Gage slowly walked to him closing the distance between them.

Thanks for reading guys!

Don't forget to vote and comment and share if you guys enjoy this story so far. 

shout out

KaySetonks

DanielleWilson89

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 96.4K 38
Tyler Lewis is a 17-year-old openly gay boy who's been heartbroken so many times. After finding a new "love" his parents were afraid that his heart w...
888K 31.3K 49
"You tease me too much," I muttered, licking a path up to his ear before nipping at him. "Standing up here at the front of the class, strutting aroun...
375K 20.7K 54
BOOK THREE The world was thrown into chaos the moment Carter lost his step mother. He just didn't realize it until it was too late. The war ravaged t...
199K 10.2K 16
My life has never been roses and sunshine. I could go on and on about how I grew up in a broken household, a junkie prostitute for a mother who pimpe...