Dangers Back (sequel to "Dang...

Von irwinwho

"Danger's back and he's more dangerous than ever." All Rights Go To JileyOverboard Mehr

Dangers Back (sequel to "Danger")
"Can't stay eighteen forever-"
I'll never leave you.
"I'll take my chances."
"I'm going to protect you,"
"I thought I'd pay my old pal a visit."
"And now I have you all to myself."
She was my everything.
"Everything is broken..."
"Don't be mad at me."
"Watch it, Bieber."
"You don't want me to go?"
"You're better off without me."
"I have a boyfriend,"
"My main priority is you--"
"Things are going to start changing around here,"
Where the hell is my boyfriend?
"It's crazy to think about how much you've become a part of my life."
"I don't want to feel like this anymore,"
"You're still a dead man,"
"I owe you big time."
"I should've let you go when I had the chance."
"Don't fight me on this."
"I'm so going to hell for this,"
"You're a piece of work, you know that?"
"I needed tonight to be special,"
"You've gone off the deep end man."
And that's when all hell broke loose.
"You shouldn't be here,"
"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"
"What the fuck do you mean she's not picking up?"
"What if this is a trap?"
"--how much is your girlfriend worth to you?"
"It wasn't your fault."
"And now I'm just about done with you."
"I'll make you forget."
"She's going to get him killed you know,"
"Do you even know what the fuck you've done?!"
"You're my world you know that?"
"Jealousy is quite the sexy color on you."
"I have it all under control."
"-the past is repeating itself."
"and I'm choosing to let it go."
"She's never going to forgive you for this,"
"you ruined everything."
"I can't live without you,"
"I just want us to be okay,"
"No job goes unfinished,"
"She's not the same person,"
"You deserve the world even if I'm not in it."
"You'll survive without me,"
"I just want my life back."
Danger's Back 2

"They didn't believe in you but I did."

17.4K 184 96
Von irwinwho

Kelsey’s Point of View:

“You came back for me…” Shaking my head, I stared over at him with all the adoration I could process. “You’re really here, you’re…” Giving him a quick kiss to the cheek, I inwardly thanked God for bringing him back to me. Pulling away, I wiped my face clear, making my way to the door. “Nurse!”

Groaning, Justin squeezed his eyes shut, shifting slightly as he wiggled his fingers around adjusting to the unfamiliar stiffness in his body.

“Are you okay? Do you need anything?” I whispered in a hushed tone from the doorway, not wanting to bewilder him with any sounding that his ears might not be used to right now.

Shaking his head, Justin cracked a small smile, “You worry too much.” He coughed, clutching his chest in the palm of his hand.

“I have every right to worry about you; you just woke up from surgery.” I sighed, giving him a look of disapproval at his choice of words. “I wouldn’t be anything but.”

“Excuse me,” A voice startled me as a pack of nurses walked past, ushering over to Justin as they began bustling around the room, checking his charts and the monitors on each of the machines.

“Mr. Bieber, I’m going to need you to follow the light sir.” Clicking a light on, he held it over Justin’s right eye, the index finger of his other hand following suit beside it. “You seem to be following what I’m saying which is good. Do you have any pains?”

“My chest,” Justin rasped out, his eyes trying to find mine through the bundle of people besides him but with no such luck, he remained still, listening to anything else he had to do.

“That’s okay because you just woke up from a brutal hit. We’ve injected a pain relief inside your IV which will begin to work in just a few short seconds.”

“Thank you,” Justin moaned out as he laid still, his hands on top of his stomach, the distant look in his eyes now gone.

“We’ll be back shortly. Try not to move too much or stress yourself out. You do not want anything to rile you up or push you over your limit. You’re still very fragile.”

Nodding without saying anything, Justin grunted as they all walked away.

“I called your mom and the guys to let them know you woke up.” I softly interjected as I made my way over to his bed side once more.

“My mom?” Shock extracted throughout his face making my heart constrict at the look of disbelief in his eyes.

“I called her when they brought you in here. I thought that with the slim possibilities… she should know that her son is in critical condition.”

Licking his chapped lips, Justin winced at the detachment coursing through his body. “Thank you.” He whispered, his eyes gleaming with appreciation.

“Anything for you, you know that.” I smiled, grabbing his hand in mine as I gave it a gentle squeeze.

“Sweetheart?” Pattie gushed from outside as she stumbled inside with Jaxon following close behind. “Justin, baby, you’re awake?” She cried from behind me and as I released Justin’s hand and took a step back, I could feel the tears of my own build up the second I met Pattie’s eyes.

“Mom,” Justin scraped, his eyes glazing over.

Nearly collapsing to the floor in amazement, she hurriedly made her way to Justin, throwing her arms carefully over Justin’s body, hugging him for dear life. “You woke up… you…” Pulling away, Pattie cupped Justin’s head in her hands, “You came back… you’re alive,” She gasped out. “My baby,”

“You’re actually here…” Justin blinked, trying to reel his mind of what he was seeing, the vision of his mother sinking in slowly.

“Of course I’m here, you’re my son and I love you very much.” She sniffled, kissing him all over the face with motherly kisses as she held him close once more.

“Mom,” Justin groaned, patting her back in return for he couldn’t do anything else without stressing the limit he had on himself.

“Shoot, I’m sorry honey,” Pattie apologized quickly, letting him go by staying close. “I’m just so happy.” She cried, brushing her tears away as she wiped her hands on her jeans.

Chuckling, Justin beamed up at his mother, still not able to accept the fact that she was right there in front of him. Turning his head, I could see the apprehension once he saw Jaxon. “Jax,” Justin whispered, taken back at the sight of his younger brother.

“Hey big bro, how you holding up?” He smiled, his head cocked to the side as he stood with his hands hanging dug into the pockets of his jeans, his thumbs sticking out just like his brother.

“I’m okay,” Justin growled out as he coughed, covering his mouth as he let out a strangled sigh. “Could be better,”

“I can tell.” Walking over to him, Jaxon looked down at his brother before throwing his hands in the air, “Oh, fuck it!” Wrapping his arms around his brother, Jaxon ignored his mother’s plea of incredulity at his choice of words as he held Justin close. “I missed you man.”

“I missed you too,” Justin hoarsely choked out, hugging back as much as he could before letting his arms collapse down beside him.

“I’m still mad at you but we’ll save that for a later time when you’ve recovered,” Smirking, Jaxon backed up until he was met side by side with Pattie.

“I can’t wait,” Justin chortled in sarcasm as he shook his head, a permanent smile on his face.

“We came as fast as we can,” A voice hurriedly spoke as they neared the room, “but Marcus took forever to get ready because you know how he tends to be a girl with that damn hair of hi—” Stopping midsentence, we all turned to see Bruce halfway inside the room, one foot in the door, the other out as he held balloons in his hand causing the guys behind him to smack into his back. Ignoring this, Bruce had his eyes planted on Justin’s family as a series of curse words significantly coursed through his head. “Shit,” He rasped, awkwardly scratching the back of his head, “I mean, I’m sorry to interrupt,” He cleared his throat, “I didn’t know you had company. Kelsey called me and I figured you’d be alone…” Giving a polite smile towards Pattie, he eyed Jaxon carefully before managing to find Justin behind all of us.

“It’s alright man,” Justin chuckled though I knew he could feel the intense silence hanging over our heads, “Ma, this is Bruce, Bruce this is my mom.” Justin gestured between the two.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Bruce stepped forwards, extending his hand over towards Pattie who looked at him skeptically before politely taking his hand in hers, giving it a shake.

“You too,” She gave a tight lipped smile before turning to Justin, “Well, we’d better head home and freshen up a bit. Jaxon and I will be back later with your father.” Giving his forehead a kiss, she rubbed it with her thumb. “Try not to overwork yourself,” She suggested paternally before whisking past us all, giving me a hug before leaving.

“See you bro, ugh, bye Bruce.” Clapping hands with Bruce, Jaxon nodded his head towards him, clearly intimidated by Bruce’s harsh—though he was anything but at this very moment— looking demeanor before taking me into his hold, giving a tight squeeze before letting me go and following his mom out the door.

“Well that was awkward,” Marco sing-sang as he rocked on the heels of his shoes.

“Tell me about it,” Justin groaned as he shifted on the bed.

“Thanks for introducing us too by the way,” Marcus spat playfully as he crossed his arms against his chest, glaring over at Justin.

“Sorry, where are my manners?” Justin mocked as he rolled his eyes, “maybe I should’ve told her how we do business together too, that’d be just the icing on the cake.”

“From the looks she gave us, I doubt she thought we were anything but.”

“I’d rather let her imagination do the talking instead of me confirming her thoughts for her.” Justin mindlessly shrugged as his eyes stared over at the balloons Bruce brought with humor. “Are those for me?” Justin batted his eyelashes playfully, “Why you shouldn’t have Bruce Nathaniel Santos.”

Narrowing his eyes, Bruce sneered in distaste, “You’re so lucky I love your annoying skinny ass or I would’ve beaten you just for saying that.”

Justin grinned cockily, “No you wouldn’t have, don’t lie to yourself.”

Bruce arched a brow challengingly, “Wanna bet?”

“Bring it,”

Keeping quiet, Bruce and Justin stood staring at each other for what felt like forever before finally they both broke into fits of laughter.

“I missed you man,” Bruce shook his head, leaning down as he acclaimed hands with Justin, moving in to pat his back gently before stirring away as the rest of the gang greeted Justin.

“Did you really? Or are you just saying that because I nearly died?” He eyed us all, a playful glint in his eyes but his words affected us more than he realized.

“Don’t,” I softly murmured, shaking my head.

Finding my eyes, his own fell solemn as he licked his lips, swallowing, “Too soon?”

Looking away, Bruce stepped forwards, blocking me from sight as he clapped his hands together, ignoring what had just been said, “How are you holding up?” Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Bruce gestured towards Justin with his chin.

“I’m okay,” He coughed, relieved that Bruce turned the conversation into a different route, “I mean for somebody who just woke up from a hit, I feel better than I should though it feels like somebody ran me over.”

“We’re just glad you’re okay,” Marco intervened, embracing Justin in a manly embrace before pulling away, “We were worried sick about you, you know. None of us could sleep without thinking about what’s going on and if the doctors were doing a good enough job.”

“There’s no way in hell I was leaving without a fight...” Trailing off, Justin eyed them all, confusion tinted in his expression as he furrowed his eyebrows together, “Where’s John?” He questioned.

“He went to pick up Carly from school, believe it or not, she’s been asking about you too. Wanted to know how you’re doing.”

“Yeah, I’ll believe that when I hear it for myself.” Justin coughed out a laugh as he looked at me once more, “doesn’t that mean you had school too?”

“Uhm… no?” I childishly smiled, trying to look as innocent as possible though it didn’t work in my favor at all.

“Why didn’t you go to school?”

“I wasn’t going to leave you here alone…” Looking away from his eyes, I picked at my nails, feeling my body heat with all the eyes that were currently on me right now.

“You shouldn’t have skipped because of me,” Justin scolded like he was my father.

“You’re in the hospital because you were shot, it’s not like you’re here for something that could have easily been dealt with.” I defended earning a closed mouth from him signaling my win in this disagreement.

“Whatever,” He sighed, his eyes lazily blinking as he faced the other direction.

“You’re probably tired…” Bruce cumbersomely lagged off as he rubbed the side of his neck, “we’ll head on out and visit you again later. Get some rest man, you look beat.”

“I feel it,” Justin muttered, not being able to contain the sudden drowsiness that began to overcome him.

“See you,” Walking out, Bruce hugged me goodbye as did the rest before they disappeared out the door and down the hall.

“Next time, don’t put your life on hold for me, okay? You’ve done enough for me as it is. As much as I hate you leaving, it’s critical that you get your education since I nearly ruined it for you the last time we were together.” Justin’s voice mumbled lazily as his eyes darted to meet mine in a strong gaze, “You shouldn’t throw your life away for the likes of me.”

“Justin—”

Though before I could defend myself, Justin fell asleep.

After Justin fell asleep, the doctors and nurses came in and out every hour to check on him and so far so good.

It was now half past twelve in the afternoon and I was just about exhausted but Justin’s peaceful presence beside me kept me at ease enough to relax in the bulky—what was supposed to me comfortable—hospital chair.

Nurse number three was currently inside, checking Justin’s charts and measuring them up to the previously written statistics of his heart rate and other important things they came across.

Closing the binder, she tucked it under her arm, sending me a sympathetic vibrant smile, “Mr. Bieber is much stronger, if you’d like to take a break…" The nurse suggestively asked, willing me to go home for she has seen me stay in the same position since last night.

I shook my head, “No thank you,” I smiled warmly, “I’d like to stay here if that’s alright.”

Laying a comforting hand on my shoulder, she bowed her head in means of agreement before walking out, leaving the binder in the door’s open slot that was meant for the charts that were to be taken and checked for each of the accountable doctors or nurses that came in.

Biting my lip, I tucked my free hand under my knee that was crossed against my other, contemplating whether or not to wake Justin up. It all just seemed unreal to me… just a few hours ago I wasn’t sure he was going to make it and now, he was alive and well and I was afraid that at any moment he was going to be taken away from me. Letting my second thoughts disappear from my mind, I laid my other hand against his arm, shaking it slightly, “Justin?” I whispered, shaking him once more to see him scrunch his face up, “Justin, wake up…”

Letting out a soft groan, he pulled his eyebrows together before releasing them and opening his eyes, blinking due to the bright lights as he adjusted to them until finally his eyes found mine and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“Hey,” He hoarsely spoke, a smile pulling at the ends of his lips.

Blushing, I tucked the hair that fell behind my ear, “Hey,” I replied in a small voice, my eyes beaming with happiness as I took him in. “How do you feel?”

Groaning, he shifted a bit in the bed, his eyes squinting once more from the harsh rays of light coming from above, “Better,” He rasped out, swallowing to recuperate his dry throat.

“Good,” I furrowed my eyebrows in concern, “Does your chest hurt?”

Nodding lightly, he winced at the pain that shot through his body, “Y-yeah,” He whispered.

“I’m sorry baby,” I murmured, frowning.

Letting out a soft chuckle, he began to say something but coughed instead, a grin still intact on his lips.

Widening my eyes, my lips parted on instinct, “Don’t,” I warned, “Don’t do that,” I sighed frustratingly while giving him a cautionary look.

Softening his expression, he stared at the both of my eyes, a wary look confiding through, “You look tired.”

I scoffed in knowing, a smile of my own coming up, “I am tired,” I admitted, licking my lips, “but you’re not supposed to notice that. You’re supposed to say, why baby you look absolutely stunning today and I came back to look at you for the rest of my life,” I sighed, pressing my lips together as a burning sensation ran through my insides.

“Yeah,” He winked, “that too.”

Rolling my eyes playfully, I began picking at the strings of the bed sheets, trying to keep my head from reeling into different directions, wanting to focus on the good in all of this.

“Hey,” Justin whispered, his hand moving to find mine and when he did, he gave it a squeeze, willing me to look at him but I refused. I couldn’t manage to stare into his eyes that were closed, never to be seen again just a few hours ago.

I was scared to say the least. I was afraid that the second I turned and looked at him, he’d be back to the way he was before and I couldn’t have that. Not after the progress he had made.

“Baby…” He urged, making my insides swoon with butterflies at the simple pet name he’s used so many times before while gently tugging on my hand as a soft sigh escaped from his lips. “Kelsey, look at me.”

Shaking my head, I averted my eyes down to our hands instead, feeling the tears pinch at the back of my eyes. “I don’t want to.”

“Why not?” I could sense the confusion behind his words.

“Because…” I mumbled, feeling my insides tightened at the intensity formed between us.

“Because why?” I could sense the frustration behind his words but I blocked them out. “Listen, if this is about what I said before, I didn’t mean to—”

“It’s not that,” Tucking my hair behind my ear, I took a sharp intake of breath, feeling his warm hand underneath mine. Curling my fingers around his, I swallowed, feeling him return the embrace. “I—”

“Well, well, well,” A voice called from behind causing us both to snap out of it to look who it was only to see John at the doorway with the guys following behind. “If it isn’t Justin, how are you doing—?”

“John,” Justin whispered, his voice unable to progress any stronger, interrupting him from continuing, “I don’t think this is the right time—”

“No, it’s okay,” Standing up, I turned my back to Justin looking up at John to see him staring at the both of us in puzzlement.

“Did I interrupt something?” He wondered out loud mirroring the others obvious question at the awkwardness surrounding us.

“Yes.” “No.”

Fighting the urge scowl in protest, I closed my eyes, willing myself to stay calm. “You didn’t, I’ll just come back later.” I softly countered with a small smile, letting him know all was fine before brushing past and letting them all have their talk.

“What was that about?” John asked, thumbing behind him in my direction once he thought I was out of ear shot.

“I don’t know,” Justin shook his head, clearly aggravated, “Everything seemed fine and then she got quiet all of a sudden. I know she’s upset, damn it, I would be too if she was the one lying on this bed instead of me but I don’t want the silence, I need to hear her voice. I missed her for fucks sake.” Letting his head fall back against the pillows, he let out a deep breath.

“Just give her time,” John retorted, “She’s been through a lot and she thought you were a goner man. The fact that you’re even lying here right now breathing nevertheless speaking is shocking due to the hit you took to the chest. A few more inches to the left and it would have punctured your heart. She’s not used to this—the life or death section of our lives. She’s still learning new things and this happens to be one of them.”

“I know, I know,” Justin coaxed, “I just hate not being able to hold her in my arms. She needs to know I’m not going anywhere without her. I had the chance to leave, to let it all go but I stayed. I stayed for her.”

Bowing his head in knowing, John licked his lips, “She’ll come around. This is Kelsey were talking about. She can’t stay away from you for more than an hour, especially now that she’s lost over a day, that’s like years in girl world.”

Chuckling, Justin covered his mouth as he coughed soon after, “Fuck man, don’t make me laugh.” He scolded.

Smirking, John shrugged innocently, “Sorry.”

“No you’re not.”

“I know.” John grinned, stuffing his hands in his pockets. “It’s good to see you back though. You don’t know what it’s been like wondering if you were going to make it or not.”

“He’s not lying by the way,” Marcus muttered in irritation, “He wouldn’t stop pacing the floors; I had to cover my head with a pillow in order to get some sleep.”

“It’s not my fault the hardwood squeaks now,” John shot back with a snarl.

“You could’ve gone downstairs actually. That would’ve been the smart thing to do but then again you’re not that smart to begin with so,” He shrugged, smirking, immediately dodging John as he dived in for a hit.

“Whoa, relax,” Bruce pulled John back by his shirt, shoving him to the side. “We don’t need you guys fighting in the middle of the room. The last thing we need is for Justin’s heart rate to go up because you guys are a bunch of idiots.”

Smoothing his shirt over, John rolled his eyes, looking away, avoiding Marcus’s sneering arrogance of a face as he turned his attention back on Justin. “Anyways,” He emphasized, “How are you feeling now?”

“Better,” Justin shrugged, licked his dry lips, “My chest is still killing me but that’s understandable.”

Bruce nodded in fathom before cocking his head to the side, an apprehensive gaze falling suit, “What the hell even happened, man?” Bruce question after a moment’s of silence. “I expect you to come home, I find out Kelsey hasn’t even heard from you and when I go looking for you, I find you shot on the floor?”

Clenching his jaw together, Justin looked away, finding interest on the wall adjacent from him. “I don’t know.” He muttered.

“The hell you mean, you don’t know Justin?”

“That’s exactly what I mean, Bruce.” Justin groaned, “I come from my meeting with Paul, I go to my car and the next thing I know, I turn around and I’m shot before I even have the chance to retaliate.”

“Who was it?”

Opening his mouth to say something, the fourth nurse of the day came strolling for Justin’s daily check-up, cutting him short from identifying, “Excuse me,” She ushered past the guys after grabbing Justin’s file. Opening it, she scanned the things written down while checking the wires running from Justin up to the countless machines.

Standing by the entrance, I tucked my hands across my chest, watching as the nurse wrote down several things before she shifted her attention to Justin, “How are you feeling Mr. Bieber?”

“Good,” He croaked, shifting on the bed, his eyes finding mine but I turned away before he had the chance to catch my gaze.

“You look to me progressing fairly well; I’ll come on by later with your medication. Try to stay clear of anything that might push you over your limit.” Eyeing the guys from behind, she sent him a warm smile, “You don’t want your heart beat going any faster than it is.”

“I’ll make sure I don’t.”

Giving him a playful warning look, she turned on the heels of her shoes, taking the file with her and leaving the room.

Following the nurse out the door with his eyes, Bruce’s gaze locked on mine and for a moment, I could see the distress swirling in his own as he took in the pain from mine. Parting his lips, he looked at Justin, “We’ll finish our conversation later. I’ve to go get Stephanie from work.”

“But Steph doesn’t get out until two—Ow, what the fuck man?” Marco growled in pain as he stared over at Bruce incredulously after he had slammed the heel of his shoe into his foot.

Giving him a knowing look, Bruce gritted his teeth together, “We have to go.”

Getting the message, Marco looked at me then at Justin before finally managing Bruce’s. “Right…” Shaking his foot as if that were going to make the pain disappear, he looked at Justin, “I’m glad to see you’re okay.”

“Thanks, it’s good to be back.”  Pounding fists, Justin gave a two finger gesture, saluting them as they all said their goodbyes to him, getting ready to leave.

Stopping in front of me, Bruce blocked my view of Justin as he leaned down, “Give him a break, Kelsey. He’s suffering just as much as you are, don’t make it seem like you’re the only one who’s grieving.” Patting my shoulder, he gave it a squeeze, “Call me if you need anything.” Brushing past before I had the chance to say anything, they all left, leaving both Justin and I alone.

Chewing on my lower lip, I inwardly cursed myself as the thickness that surrounded us suffocated me.

“I saw Jazzy.” Justin’s raspy voice took charge as he snapped me out of it.

Widening my eyes in awe of what he just said, I looked at him as if he had ten heads, “Excuse me?”

“I said I saw Jazzy,” Fumbling with the bed sheet, he looked me in the eyes and for the first time since he woke up, our eyes met and instantly the tears pulled in my eyes, blurring my vision. “I talked to her and she forgave me for what I did. She wanted me to stay with her, to look over everyone with her and you know what I told her?”

“What?” I whispered.

“I told her no.” He let out a forced chuckle, “I had the chance to be with my little sister again and I turned her down because I couldn’t leave you.”

“Justin…”

“Don’t,” He shook his head, “I told her all about you, about how much she would’ve loved you if she were alive. I told her that despite how much I loved her, I couldn’t leave you behind. I came back for you and you can’t even look me in the eye when I’m talking to you? Do you know what that tells me?”

When I kept silent, he continued, “That you don’t even care.”

Shaking my head in bewilderment, I stared over at him wide-eyed. “How can you even say that?”

“Well what do you expect me to think when you won’t even talk to me? I wake up and all you do is sit back and watch.” Justin shot back, his usual warm eyes shading over in darkness.

Biting my lip, I looked away from him for a split second before finding his eyes once more, “Do you know what it’s like to find out that your boyfriend has been shot?” I shakily questioned as the tears ran down my cheeks, “Do you know what it’s like to see your boyfriend’s blood all over somebody else?” My eyebrows rose in wonder, “Do you? Because I don’t think you do.” I whispered.

“It felt like my whole world stopped. I couldn’t breathe; it was like everything I knew to be was slowly crumbling underneath me. I didn’t know what to do. I started hitting Bruce, telling him he was a liar, that you wouldn’t risk your life. That something so… vile wouldn’t happen. I couldn’t believe it. I mean, I just saw you a few hours ago and in a split second, a split second Justin,” I emphasized in distress, “you were taken away from me, just like that.” My hands slapped to my thighs, “without even a warning.”

“I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry?” I repeated in a hushed tone, “You’re not sorry… you’re guilty.” Sighing, I pulled my lips in, contemplating my next notion. “Your heart also stopped, you know that?” I supposed quietly, ignoring his apology at the moment.

Not saying a word for a while, Justin shifted from either one of my eyes before finally responding back with a simple, “No.”

“The nurses said call it. They wanted to say that you were dead, they wanted to pronounce you dead and let you go.” I squeezed my eyes closed tightly at the memory, “I started screaming, yelling, I pushed my way in here and I was gonna shock you myself, if I had to.” I forced a small laugh, moving closer to his bedside. “How hard could it be right?” Wiping my face clear of any tears, I felt like a fool at the sympathy that gazed over Justin’s appearance, making me feel pathetic of the fact that I was replying on what happened instead of taking in what was right there in front of me. “But then they gave it one more try and your heart started right up.”

Taking his hand in mine, I rubbed my thumb across the top of it, “They didn’t believe in you but I did.”

Softening his expression, Justin slid his hand up so that our interlaced together, gazing down at them, he soon looked up at me. “You’re a fighter, always have been and that’s one of the things I love about you.”

Smoothing my hand over his hair, I gave him a small smile, “I wouldn’t say that,” I sighed, “I was a wreck waiting for you to wake up.”

“But you still look as beautiful as ever,”

“I’m sorry I was such a bitch to you.” I sighed, “I didn’t mean to come off that way it just… it didn’t feel real, you know? I felt that if I would’ve accepted the fact that you came back to me that it would all disappear and you’d leave me again.” I whimpered as the thought pulled at my heart strings, “You’re everything to me and it was the moment you got shot that I realized just how much I truly loved you. I always knew but this was the confirmation I always needed.”

“I’m never leaving you baby, no matter what.”

“Don’t say that Justin, don’t make promises like that. You’re even lucky you’re breathing right now.” I neutralized, “If whoever it was that shot you would’ve hit you a little more to the right, you could’ve died on the spot.”

“But I didn’t.” He stressed, begging me with his eyes to listen to him.

“I know,” I murmured, “and I’m grateful for that. I prayed to God for hours, willing him to keep you with me. I don’t know if I did it right but I would’ve made a deal with the devil if it meant bringing you back to me.”

“You didn’t do that, did you?” He cautiously asked.

“No,” I laughed, “I’d know if I did, right?”

Cracking a smile, Justin nodded, “Yeah, you would.” Looking me up and down, Justin let his observation stand on my face more than anything else as a gentle serenity cleared his own. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” I smiled through the tears as I wiped them away, sniffling. “I missed you so much. I was so scared that—” Shaking my head, I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I know baby, I know,” He gently coaxed in understanding.

“Don’t you ever leave me again,” I pressed as I clasped his hand tight.

“I won’t baby, I won’t. Come here,” Tugging on my hand until I was closer to him, Justin extended his neck upwards, pursing his lips, indicating for a kiss.

Amused, I leaned down, meeting him half way as our lips pressed together in a sweet embrace. Feeling a jolt of electricity shoot through me, I gasped into the osculation. Cupping his face gently into the palm of my hand as I slipped it from his hold, I brought him closer to me before pulling away soon after, catching my breath. “Okay, that’s enough.” I laughed, backing away.

“No,” He moaned in protest, urging me to come back to him when an unfamiliar nurse came rushing in.

“What happened in here?” She breathed out in a hurry as she checked the machines. “Step away for a second,” She gestured with her hand for me to move as she checked the tubes connected to him.

“What’s wrong?”

“A buzzer went off at the nurse’s station,” She hissed as she tried to find what the so called problem was.

“Hey, now, be careful,” I warned with a soft expression.

Grabbing a tube, she turned to me with narrowed eyes, “How did this come off?”

Widening my eyes, I bit the inside of my cheek, pouting my bottom lip as I gave her a cheeky smile while looking at Justin, “Oops?”

“Oh my God,” She gasped out, shaking her head.

“What?”

“Would you look at this?” She stated incredulously as she held a long strip of paper in her hand.

Sitting in the chair next to Justin’s bed, I peered over, looking at it, “That’s Justin’s heart beat right?”

“Yeah, the line that’s going straight up,” She pestered in a harsh manner, her eyebrows raised in disbelief, “What were you guys doing in here?”

Hiding my laughter, I turned to face the opposite side of the room as Justin laughed quietly to himself, his infamous smirk spread across his lips.

“Is he okay?” I squeaked in embarrassment.

“I’m fine,” Justin moaned out, wanting nothing more than the nurse to leave.

“He needs rest,” The nurse ordered, giving me a stern look.

“That’s what I’m trying to do,” He countered, grinning.

“I mean to rest as in sleep.” She stated a matter of factly as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“I’ll take care of him, I promise.” I put my hand up, giving her my word of honor as she gazed at me skeptically before turning to put the tube back in place.

“I’m sure you will,” Backing away, she gave us both one strict look before parting, making sure to leave the door wide open.

I covered my face in shame causing my hair to curtain the framing of my face. Flipping my hair back as I peered at him through my fingers, I laughed, “That was so embarrassing.” I gushed, my cheeks flaming red.

“She’s just mad because she can’t get any,” Justin mocked as he took me in, “Don’t let her ruin the moment.”

“Sorry to burst your bubble but it’s long gone now because I believe that it’s time for you to take your nap, Mr. Bieber.” I looked at him with a smile on my face as I stood up from the chair.

“Stay,” He groaned out.

“You think after all this time; I’m going to leave your side? You can’t get rid of me that easily.” Clearing his hair back from his forehead, I brushed the back of my knuckles against his cheek before pulling away.

“No, you know what I mean, make out with me while staying here close.” He smirked as my mouth fell open in shock.

“You just woke up from surgery; I am not giving you a heart attack!” I stated dubiously as if he’s lost it completely.

“I’ve missed you and those lips of yours. You’re my girlfriend; I think we could all make an exception right now.” He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively while roaming his hand around his side, trying to find mine but I pulled back before he could.

“It’s too dangerous Justin, no.” I refused while giving him a scolding glare.

“Maybe but it’s what I need…” He cheesed while licking his lips, trying to reel me in.

“No,” I spat, “I am not going to get into trouble because of you besides the nurses come and go every hour, and they’ll walk in—”

“If you lock the door they won’t.” Justin suggested with a simple shrug of his shoulders.

“Oh my God,” I mumbled as I bit the inside of my cheek. “I can’t believe I’m even considering this…”

“Considering eh? We’re making progress babe.” Justin provoked as he urged me towards him. “Come on, I haven’t seen you in hours. I miss my baby, now stop being so stubborn because you know you missed me too.”

“Of course I did,” Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, I looked towards the door worriedly, “I just don’t think it’s the right thing to do right now considering you just woke up from surgery.”

Groaning, Justin clenched his jaw, “Fuck the surgery, fuck the nurses, I need you next to me,” His eyes found mine, radiating thick want making my stomach swoon with butterflies, “right now. Close the door, shut off the lights and just lay next to me. That’s all I’m asking for.”

“Okay,” I squeaked out, standing up. “Where’s the lock?” I looked at the handle of the door, trying to find the little button that most doors had.

“Forget the lock.”

“Oh, I got it.” Grabbing a chair from nearby, I tipped it under the knob before pulling down the cover over the door’s window.

“Get the blinds,” Justin pointed towards those that covered the windows across from him.

“Right,” Twisting the long stem of both sets of shades, I turned to him, giving him a wary look. “Are you sure about this? What if—”

Moving aside, Justin threw the sheet covering him, up as he patted the space besides him, “Stop overthinking and just get in.”

Giggling, I tip-toed over to him as if, if I walked, the nurses would hear me and come charging in, “I don’t want to hurt you.” I whispered, stopping just as I was about to slip inside.

“You won’t baby, I promise.” The adoration radiating off of him made all thoughts of worry disappear as I lay next to him, bringing the sheet over both of us.

Wrapping his arm around me, I felt my heart beat accelerate. “I never thought I’d be able to feel your arms around me ever again.” I whispered, feeling my throat close up as the sensation of him being so close to me sunk in. “You’re really here, with me, right now.”

Kissing the tip of my nose, Justin sent me a warm smile, “And I’m not going anywhere. I’m right here baby, I promise,” Grabbing my hand, he laid it over his heart, “nothing like this will ever happen again. Okay?”

“Okay.”

“I’m here to stay.” Taking my hand up to his lips, he kissed my fingers before interlacing them together.

“Good because I don’t know what I’d do without you,” Leaning down, I didn’t hesitate before pressing my lips to his, feeling the heat buildup between us as Justin slid his tongue in without much of a warning, his breath hitching as my own clashed along with his.

Groaning into the kiss, Justin dug his fingers into my hip as he fought the urge to roll on top of me.

Pulling away enough to bring his heart beat down so that we didn’t let it go crazy; I pressed my lips to his forehead, breathing heavy.

“Don’t stop,” Justin murmured, tipping my head down as he captured my lips in a heated kiss once more, all the love the both of us felt transferring in one sweet, loving clasp. Running the hand of the arm wrapped around me up my shirt, he sucked in a deep breath once he felt my burning skin under his fingertips.

“I need this, I need you…”

I shook my head, “Not now, Justin,” I pulled away completely, leaving space between us, “It’s too soon.”

Throwing his head back, Justin let out a harsh growl, “Fine.” He mumbled, letting himself cool down as he stared up at the ceiling.

“Don’t be mad,” I cooed softly.

“I’m not mad baby, just aggravated that I can’t do anything without worrying about this fucking…” Shaking his head, Justin craned his neck to look at me. “I just don’t want to miss another second with you, that’s all.”

“Think about it this way, the faster you get better, the faster we can be together.” I smiled.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Giving me a gentle kiss, he sighed, laying his head back next to mine. “I’m starving.”

“What do you want?”

Pouting his bottom lip in thought, he smiled, “An apple.”

“An apple?” I laughed, “out of all things, you want me to get you an apple?”

“Why is that so hard to believe? Yes, I want an apple; it’s the only thing I’m hungry for. Now stop asking questions and get your little behind up to get me one before we continue what we were doing before.”

“No need to be so mean, geez,” I teased while standing up, pulling my shirt that has risen up a bit, down. “I’ll see you soon.”

“I can’t wait.” He sarcastically remarked with a smile the moment I shot him a scowl.

Rolling my eyes, I left the room in search for the cafeteria which I found in the timespan of three minutes. Walking over to the basket filled with fruits, I picked out a fresh green apple, making sure it didn’t have any bruises on it before leaving, bobbing my head to my own rhythm as I hummed to a tune.

“Ms. Jones,” A lady stopped me on my way to the room, “Hi, I’m Joanne, a friend of your mothers. She wanted me to tell you that she should be here around sometime this afternoon to check up on you.”

Smiling, I nodded, “Oh, alright, thank you for telling me.”

“No problem sweetheart, I hope everything’s fine.”

“It is thank you.”

Smiling in return, she patted my arm before walking away.

Continuing on my way over to his room, I furrowed my eyebrows together, slowing my pace down once I neared the door when I noticed that it was closed. Remembering I had left it open before leaving, I swallowed hard. Holding the apple in one hand, I grasped the door handle with the other, contemplating whether or not I should open it. Refusing to think about it any longer, I tore the door open to see a police officer, the exact same one that came last night to help question Bruce, hovering over the foot of Justin’s bed. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I spat.

“I’ve got a right to be here, Ms. Jones.” He snarled in that voice of his that made me cringe.

“Like hell you got a right to be here,” I hissed venomously, “You know what? I think you better leave before I call the press because I’m sure they’d love to know how the PCPD is in my boyfriend’s ICU room, threatening him? That’d be a great headline for the papers, don’t you think?”

Chuckling, he shook his head, “You can say anything you want but don’t act like your boyfriend’s innocent. He brought this on himself.” Smirking, he thumbed my chin causing me to pull back from him as he sneered in assurance.

Once he was gone, I turned to Justin, “Did he get you upset? Hm?” I hummed out, laying the apple down on the small counter next to him.

“I gotta hand it to you, you’re one hell of a fighter when you want to be,” He chuckled, earning a quick glare from me.

“Just try to keep still.” Kissing his forehead, I let my lips linger there for a moment more before pulling away and taking a seat next to him. “You shouldn’t get upset,” I sighed.

“That asshole doesn’t make me upset,” He winced as he swallowed down the spit forming in the center of his throat, “I just hate the bastard.” He shrugged.

“That asshole,” I mimicked him, “could have gotten you all built up and make those little bleeps on the monitor go haywire.”

Sighing, Justin took as much of a deep breath he could in before letting it out while turning his head to me, “I’m fine babe, just a bit tired.”

Letting it go for the time being, I relaxed, “Alright then why don’t you get some sleep, okay? Sleep some. I’m just gonna sit here, read a magazine.” I shrugged, giving him a small smile.

“I rather hear your voice.” He moaned out.

“Come on, you’re kidding right?” I laughed causing him to chuckle. When he looked up at me expectedly, I rolled my shoulders back, “alright, you’re so going to get tired of me and regret this later but—”

“I could never get tired of you,” He whispered, cracking a grin as he positioned himself up right, his head falling to the side once more as he closed his eyes.

Smiling, I pulled my hair back from my shoulders, rolling it into a loose bun before letting it fall. “Why don’t I tell you a story about when I was a little girl?”

“Okay,” He whispered, a smile tinted on his lips as he listened in.

“When I was about eight years old there was this doll that I’ve always wanted called the Lucy doll… every girl had it and of course being the child I was, I wanted it too…” Trailing off the moment I heard Justin’s soft breathing, I leaned forwards a bit, “Justin?” I whispered.

When he didn’t say anything, I knew he was asleep. Biting my lip, I turned behind me before standing up, cursing the creaking of the stool while walking over to the phone plugged into the wall. Dialing a number, I waited for them to pick up. “Hey, it’s Kelsey; I need to see you right away. It’s important.”

--

Pacing the floors, I bit my lip, constantly checking on Justin to see if he was alright while waiting for Bruce to show up. It took about twenty minutes until he came knocking gently on the door.

Following him out into the hallway, I crossed my arms under my chest, “Hey, thanks for coming so quick.”

“I told you if you needed anything, I’ll be here.” Putting his hands in the pockets of his jacket, he gestured towards me with his chin, “what sup? How is he?”

“Better, a lot better than before, listen,” I rubbed my hands together I anticipation, “Bentley’s little sidekick showed up here, here’s the thing, he got Justin all worked up. We need better security so people like him can’t get in.”

“That’s actually a good idea; I’ll run it by Justin and then—”

“No, don’t run it by him, he’s got enough to worry about like making sure he doesn’t have a heart attack. It’s your job to ensure their safety right?”

“Kelsey, you know how Justin works, he doesn’t like being tied down or feeling like he can’t take care of himself—”

“This is not about weakness; this is about protection, Bruce. I have no idea what he had planned when he came in here questioning Justin and I really don’t want to find out.”

Inside the room, Justin groaned, shifting slightly as his eyes fluttered open after taking an hour long nap. Blinking his eyes a few times, he shifted to the sounds he heard from outside, instantly deciphering them as his girlfriend and somebody else. “Shit,” He grated, “Kelsey,” He whispered, trying to catch my attention but I didn’t hear him just as he expected.

Gritting his teeth together, he leaned forwards, “Kelsey!” He barked, instantly regretting it the moment his chest began constricting and an unbearable pain shot up, cutting off his breathing support for a second.

Rushing into the room, I nearly tripped on my feet as I stumbled next to him. “What happened? What’s the matter? Nurse!” I screamed out before facing Justin once more, “Are you okay?” I leaned over, checking to see what it was that went wrong.

“I’m fine,” Justin grumbled as he held his side, trying to bring himself down from what just occurred.

“What happened?” She ran inside, “I’m going to need you to move,” Shoving her way between Justin and I, she began checking the progress shown on the monitors.

“What—what’s wrong?”

“Oh,” The nurse sighed to herself in relief, “One of his leads came loose.” Putting it back together, she patted it down against Justin’s shoulder, “Mr. Bieber, are you in any pain?”

“I’m fine, I just need a moment alone with my girlfriend and partner over there,” He nudged over towards Bruce and I.

“You need to avoid stress,” She stated warningly while giving me a side glance.

“I’ll be a lot more stressed if I don’t get my privacy.”

“Don’t pull these loose,” She warned before leaving.

“Are you okay man?” Bruce asked.

Justin waved a hand dismissively, “I’m fine but I’m going to have to make myself perfectly clear.” When Bruce stayed clear of speaking, Justin continued, “You do not take orders from Kelsey, she does not speak for me, ever. She is not to be involved in my business under any circumstances. Am I clear?”

When Bruce nodded, Justin did so as well. “Good. Kelsey?” He turned to me, “Can you give Bruce and I a moment?”

“Sure, try not to injure yourself trying to keep me out of your business,” I hissed while walking out, annoyance radiating through me.

Justin’s Point of View:

A part of me urged to tell her to come back because the last thing I needed was for her to be upset with me but her safety is more important than any stupid fight we manage to have.

Looking at Bruce, I shook my head, “The last time you listened to her, all hell broke loose. I know she wants what’s best for me but right now, the only thing keeping me sane is knowing she’s okay. I can’t risk her trying to get into what I tried most of my life to avoid. The moment she makes orders and you take them, is the moment she thinks she can just waltz her way into the shit that we do and you and I both know that can’t fucking happen.”

“How stupid do you think I am?” Bruce fought the urge to roll his eyes as he locked his jaw tight, “She’s something to hold onto Justin. Kelsey may have been afraid the second she laid eyes on your bloodied body on that gurney but the strength she has inside… it was like something I’ve never seen before. She loves you man more than I could’ve ever imagined.”

Looking down at my hands, I felt the flashbacks of what she had said to me earlier today running through my head, “No matter how much she loves me, it won’t change the fact that my life and hers just isn’t compatible. She’s getting way too comfortable ordering you around; it’s not secure for her and the fact that you’re even letting her is what bothers me the most.”

“I’m cutting her some slack, Justin. She’s been through the ride of her life no thanks to us and the look in her eyes when I told her that you told me you loved her just before you passed, it was like a jolt of comprehension shocked me to reality and I saw just how much she cares for you. It may sound corny but it’s true. She nearly lost it when she thought you could possibly die in surgery... she’s been through hell and back.”

“I know Bruce; you don’t think I know all the bullshit I’ve put her through? I just… I don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to her because she was trying to protect me. It’s not her job to ensure I’m alright, it’s the other way around and it just kills me knowing she’s risking her life.”

“She won’t do anything stupid.” Bruce assured, “You’re lucky she came to me instead of doing anything on her own. You gotta give her credit for that.”

“Yeah,” Licking my lips, I curled my fingers into the palms of my hands before releasing them, in dire need to stretch my limbs. “Just… next time she tries something like this again, don’t pay any attention to it unless you know it’s urgent. Got it?”

Chuckling, Bruce nodded, “I got it. It’s funny how I’m the one supposed to be ordering you around yet somehow the roles have reversed.”

“Eh, only for tonight, once I get back on my feet, you’re free to hustle me around all you want.”

“In her defense, all she wanted was a few bodyguards to guard the door because she was afraid the cops will try something again if she’s not around.”

A hard look overcame my eyes at the mention of those bastards, “Now, they’re a problem.” I hissed, Tony’s disgusting face coming into mind as he stood at the end of my bed, hounding me for answers he knew I’d never reveal.

“What happened?”

“Tony knows the Snipers have come in and been involved in countless things around here, they were tipped off the moment I was shot and they managed to find some things in Luke’s old warehouse left behind from them. They’re putting the pieces together, Bruce and it’s only a matter of time before they start tracking us down.” I looked away, fighting the images out of my head.

“Let me handle Tony and their goon squad.” Bruce waved a hand away, “They can try all they want, they’ve got nothing on us. All evidence points to Landon and his guys.”

“Which is exactly what cannot happen,” I seethed, the anger I’ve felt for them pulsing through my veins.

“And why not? They find evidence and they’re taken away for good, leaving us in the clear.” Bruce faltered, taken back by my harshness.

“Because those bastards are the reason why I’m lying on this fucking hospital bed with a bullet wound to my chest and I’ll be damned if I let them get away with it.”

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

171K 3.5K 24
Charlie Springs was always a good girl. She wasn't the normal rebellious teenager who went to parties and got drunk. She was the loner nerd who alway...
138K 2.5K 46
Mr Efron is my Math teacher, and I suck at math. Mr Efron is slinky and handsome, and I like that. Too much. Mr Efron is a 24 year old high school M...
111K 2.5K 58
"You are everything I want in a girlfriend"- Jack Avery
293K 6.8K 52
"If they catch you-" "I know what'll happen, but I stopped giving a fuck about them the day I met you." [Jason McCann fan fiction written by demileyy...