Save Me || Bucky Barnes

By elle_ella14

Charlotte Rogers had always been close to her older brother, Steve, and his best friend, Bucky. But what will... More

01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
INFINITY WAR TRAILER
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
A Little Update
59

04

27.4K 673 270
By elle_ella14

March 22nd, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

I'm glad you understand why I left. I'm also sorry that we all left at the same time. If I could have stayed longer I would have. Anyways, London is great. Yes, they did assign me to a camp in London. It's basically just like New York. Except everyone here has a British accent. I haven't heard anything more about Sam, much to my disappointment. It would be great  if you could stop by my apartment and see if anything has been dropped by.

I am happy to hear that you're manning up and telling Bucky. You should have told him earlier so he would have thought twice about leaving for the war. But as long as you don't chicken out and tell him, I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm sure you'll see him again too, don't worry about that. 

I hope you've adjusted to life alone and that you've made new friends to fill our absence. If not, please do. It'll do you good. Keep me informed about what's going on back home. Stay safe.

Love, 

Annabelle.

----

March 21st, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

I'm not surprised he went to enlist again. I don't blame you for anything and I'm not mad at you so don't worry about that. How are you holding up after we all left? I wish I could have stayed longer so you wouldn't be alone, but they needed me over here. I've heard some of the colonels talking about how we had the upper hand now, so I'll be back home soon, okay?

You know you can tell me anything, so yes I do want you to tell me what you wanted to. You didn't waste any of my time, Charlotte. You know that any time spent with or just talking to you is not wasted time. Not to me.

Everything over here is almost exactly like back home. Except there's always the possibility of dying. I'm doing well over here, I actually have made some new friends. I'm sure you'd love them. I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you anything, so we'll just save that question for when I get home, okay? I do miss you Charlotte, a lot. Tell Steve I said I hope he hasn't gotten into any trouble, will you? I'll  be back before you know it, Charlotte. Stay safe and don't get into any trouble.

Love, 

Bucky

----

March 17th, 1943

Dear Charlotte,

How can I not worry when you say you're not really lonely? I don't have to be with you to know you lied about that. But if I'm being honest, I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Everyone else is more physically fit than I am, so I have no idea what the doctor was thinking.

I hate to admit it, but you and Bucky were right. I'm not cut out for this. Do me a favor and tell Bucky that.

I had to wait a while before I could finish this but now I know why the doctor wanted me here. He wants me for an experiment, called Project Rebirth. He said we were going back to Brooklyn for it in a few days and I asked if you could come with. By the time you get this, we should be in town. If you want to be there for the experiment, we'll stop by our apartment.

If you don't get this, well, you'll figure it out when I knock on the door. I really hope you'll go; I want you to be there. Anyways, I'll see you in a few days Charlotte. I love you little sis, stay safe until I get home.

Love,

Steve

----

After I finished reading my three letters, I decided I would wait until after Steve's experiment to write back to them. As I set down Steve's letter, a knock sounds on my door. I get up and race to the door, hoping it's Steve. I fling the door open and smile widely at my brother, ignoring the girl standing behind him. 

"Steve!" I yell out in excitement, wrapping my arms around him.

"Hey Charlotte." he responds with a laugh. The girl behind Steve clears her throat so I pull away from Steve and smile at her. 

"I'll...uh....I'll be waiting in the car." she stammers, looking around awkwardly. 

"No, it's fine Peggy." Steve says to her. 

She looks at us skeptically so I step in and say, "He's just my brother, if that's what you were thinking." 

A look of visible relief washes across her face before she smiles warmly at Steve. 

"Well, in that case, we better get going."

Steve and I nod so I slip on my shoes before following her out of the apartment building towards a black car. 

"You can sit in the front...Charlotte." Peggy says after she pauses to remember my name.

I nod and get in the passenger side next to the driver. Steve gets in the seat behind me while Peggy gets in the seat behind the driver. 

"I know this neighborhood. I got beat up in that alley. And that parking lot. And behind that diner." Steve murmurs as we drive through town. 

"Don't forget behind the movie theater." I add, remembering what Steve had told me about that.

"Did you have something against running away?" Peggy asks. 

"You start running they'll never let you stop. You stand up, push back. Can't say no forever, right?" Steve shrugs. 

"I know a little of what that's like. To have every door shut in your face." Peggy says quietly.

"I guess I just don't why you'd wanna join the army if you're a beautiful dame. Or a beautiful...a woman. An agent, not a dame! You are beautiful, but..." Steve laughs nervously, looking out the window. I stifle a laugh as I watch my brother fail to flirt with Peggy. 

Peggy smile slightly as she says, "You have no idea how to talk to a woman, do you?"

"This is the longest conversation he's had with one." I step in and say, letting out a little chuckle.  

"Women aren't exactly lining up to dance with a guy they might step on." Steve adds.

"You must have danced?" Peggy says, raising an eyebrow. 

"Well, asking a woman to dance always seems so terrifying. And the past few year just didn't seem to matter that much. Figured I'd wait." Steve says quietly, looking at me. I look down at my lap, remembering what he was talking about. 

"For what?" Peggy asks gently. 

"The right partner." Steve says, looking her in the eye. I smile to myself as I think, 'Bucky's going to be so happy knowing he's found someone.'

Just then, the car stops outside an antique shop. Peggy gets out of the car and stands on the sidewalk, waiting for Steve and I to get out of the car. 

"This way." Peggy says once we're standing next to her.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as we walk into the shop. 

"Follow me." Peggy says, ignoring my question. Steve just shrugs and stands beside her as an old lady walks out from behind the counter.

"Wonderful weather this morning, isn't it?" she asks, smiling at Peggy. 

"Yes, but I always carry an umbrella." Peggy says, returning her smile. The lady nods before walking behind the counter again. Peggy then begins to walk into another room with Steve and I following her.

We turn a corner and watch a group of bookshelves split in half, opening up to reveal several soldiers and nurses standing behind the secret entrance.

Peggy smiles at all of them as she leads the way down the hall. Two soldiers then open another pair of doors as we approach them. The three of us walk into the room and stand behind the railing, looking out into the room. The people who had been talking when we walked in, stopped and looked at the three of us. Peggy smiles awkwardly at us before walking down the stairs. 

"Miss Rogers, pleasant to see you again." Dr. Erskine, I think it was, greets me when we walk up to him.

"Likewise." I say, smiling and shaking his hand. 

"Are you ready?" he asks, turning and addressing Steve. Steve nods, causing the doctor to smile. 

"Good. Now, take off your shirt, your tie, and your hat." the doctor instructs Steve. Steve does as he asked before handing his clothes to me. 

"Mr. Stark, how are your levels?" Dr. Erskine asks, turning to the one and only Howard Stark. 

"Levels at one hundred percent," the doctor nods his head as Mr. Stark continues to say, "We may dim half the lights in Brooklyn. But we are ready." 

"Agent Carter, Miss Rogers, don't you two think you would be more comfortable in the booth?" Dr. Erskine says politely. 

"Oh yes...ah, sorry." Peggy says, quickly walking up into the booth. I sneak a look at the doctor before walking up to Steve.

"Be careful." I whisper, hugging him. 

"I have a feeling that's the last time you'll be telling me this." Steve chuckles in my ear. 

"As if. You'll always be my little big brother." I laugh, pulling away and lightly punching his shoulder. He smiles at me as he rubs his arm where I hit him. I roll my eyes before sticking my tongue at him. 

"Go on and sit. I'll be okay." Steve says. I give him one last look before nodding and walking up to join Peggy in the booth.

~

Little, skinny Steve is my precious bean, I love him so much ah. Please vote and comment! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 76.3K 194
Set after Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Bucky is lost, without a purpose and brainwashed within an inch of his life. S.H.I.E.L.D and Hydra hav...
1M 31K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
46.9K 2.5K 16
James Buchanan Barnes. Captain America's best friend. Hydra's secret weapon. A man lost in time who can't remember his own name let alone those he he...
173K 5.5K 36
โI don't fear monsters anymore. I have been surrounded by them for so long that I have become one myself.โž โ You could never be a monster to me. โž ...