Saving Sebastian

By thegreeneyedwriter

"I don't need saving." He spit at the ground. I had never met anyone like Sebastian. "We're friends, whether... More

Authors Note
01 - Game time
02 - Rude apple
03 - Partners
04 - Hopeless
06 - Surprises?
07 - Odd Friendships
08 - Bonfires
09 - Strange feelings
10 - Monday funday
11 - Fireworks
Authors note #2
12 - Birthday boy?
13 - Chocolate smiles
14 - Restless sleepers
15 - Overwhelming feelings
16 - Perfect imperfections
17 - What is love?
18 - Hopeful hearts
19 - Truth be told
20 - And then, there was one.
21 - Rain is a blessing
22 - Endings
FINAL AUTHORS NOTE
**QUICK NOTE**

05 - There you are

150 17 6
By thegreeneyedwriter

Sebastian Peters:

"We're just doing a project." I snort. Dad runs a hand through his short grey hair. "Seb, I told you not to invite anyone over tonight." His blue eyes form two slits.

"Do you want me to fail?" I hiss. He buttons his suit jacket carefully, taking in my words. "No, Sebastian. Stop with that tone."

"Why don't you stop being an ass." I grunt. He hits the counter hard with his fist. "God damnit Sebastian, that is quite enough!" His voice is loud and stern.

"I know things are hard, but I was expecting you to watch Sara. Now I hear you're inviting girls over?" He paces back and forth in the kitchen. I don't say a word. Does he not believe that it is just for a project? Does he really think I am that low?

"Keep the house clean, watch your sister, finish your project and have that girl leave before I come home, or else." He says sternly.

"What, you're going to beat me now? Go ahead, it can't be as bad as loosing mom. I don't know how she put up with you!" I say loudly. I am beyond angry. This is the third fight today, and I've had enough.

His jaw clenches tightly. I can see how hard he tries to fight the tears. His large figure over towers me. I swallow hardly.

I should have kept my mouth shut, I think.

"Don't..don't talk to me Sebastian. Do what I told you." His voice is practically a whisper now. He heads for the front door and leaves with in a matter of seconds. I can feel my heart sinking into my stomach. My dad is right. I'm a fuck up.

I sit at the island with my head on the counter. I wrap my arms under my head to act as a pillow. How could I say that to him? He was just as hurt as Sara and I.

"Sebby?" Sara peers her small head through doorway the kitchen. I look up and force a smile. I take a moment before responding. "Yes munchkin?"

"Why are you sad?" She pouts. Her little feet make there way over to the island. "I heard you and daddy fighting.." She says quietly.

   My jaw clenches tightly. I run my hand through my brown hair.

"I'm sorry, I know you don't like it." I place my head down again. Suddenly, her small body wraps around me to pull me into a hug. I stand from my seat and hold her closely. I bend down on my knees to smile at her.

"Who's the girl?" She wears a goofy smile. My smile immediately fades. Aria.

"Not important." I say quickly. She crosses her arms over her chest. "Is she nice?" Sara's big brown eyes sparkle.

"No, not really." I laugh to myself. Her lips form a frown. The light brown freckles that trace her face expand. The sound of the doorbell startles us both.

"Is that the not-so-nice girl?" She asks in a cheery voice. I stand from my kneeling position and shrug. "Let's go check." I grab Sara's small hand and pull her to the front door.

   I pull at the doorknob, revealing Aria. Her hair is up in a messy bun and a goofy smile plasters on her face. As usual, she is wearing a tight cropped top with her soccer jacket on top.

   If only she wasn't this hot. It would be so much easier to hate her if she was hideous.

   I send her a soft smile. "Here I am.." She says awkwardly.

   "There you are." I twiddle with my thumbs.

   "Can I come in..?" She asks quietly. She chews her bright pink lips carefully, fiddling with a gold bracelet on her right wrist.

   I swallow loudly and nod. I open the door a little more, giving her space to enter. Sara smiles widely at Aria.

   Aria's bright blue eyes light up at the sight of Sara. "Hi!" She exclaims. "Is this your sister?" She smiles at me.

   I nod slowly. I've never seen her this excited. Normally she's extremely bitter, at least when talking to me.

   Sara gallops over to Aria. "I'm Sara." She extends a hand. Aria giggles and grips her small palm.

   "I'm Aria, your brothers lab partner." I watch her smile waver.

   I cross my arms over my chest and lean on the door. "You don't seem rude. Sebby is dumb." Sara playfully hits my thigh. Aria spins her head in my direction. "You told her I was rude?" She holds in her temper.

"I didn't!" I lie.

Sara giggles. "He did. He's the rude one, right Aria?"

Now Aria begins to laugh. "Right, Sara. How are you in any way related to..Sebby." The nickname flows out of her mouth gracefully.

I can't help the warm feeling that flows through me. I force a straight face, although I want to smile. "Don't call me that."

Aria smirks at me. "I'll just call you Seb." She looks too amused.

"Alright Sara, we have to get started on our project. We'll be upstairs." I run my hands through her short blonde hair.

She nods and smiles foolishly. "See you later Aria!" She waves and skips into the kitchen.

Aria lets out a loud laugh. "She's adorable. How did it go from you, to her?" She questions.

I roll my eyes. "I don't know. Accidents happen, here you are." I laugh.

She rolls her eyes and begins up the stairs.

"Wait!" I call and quickly follow after her. We walk slowly until we reach the second floor. I lead her to my bedroom at the end of the hall.

I flick the light switch and extend my arms. "Here it is."

Her lips curl up into something like a smile. "Their's a lot of..books?" She laughs. All of my walls are a bright blue. My floors are a light brown hardwood, along with all of my furniture. The back wall of my room is entirely made up of book shelves.

"Yeah, so? Guys enjoy reading too." I roll my eyes and fall back onto my white and blue bed.

She shrugs. "Sure, but I didn't expect this from you. I figured there would be girls on motorcycles all over your walls. Or maybe some sort of sports magazine pictures." She laughs.

"Wow, your opinion on me makes me sound like a cool dude." I say in a hippy-voice.

She sits beside me. "Yeah, you're just fantastic." Her eyes roll.

"Can you not do that every five seconds?" I huff.

"Let's just get to the project." She says immediately. She reaches for her backpack and begins pulling out sheets of paper and our textbook. She bends over to reach for a piece of paper. I can't help my gaze from
tracing down her back. My gaze stops at her hips.

   My hazel eyes widen. She was even hotter from the back.

   She immediately sits up. "Are you staring at my ass?" She shrieks.

   "Don't flatter yourself, honey." I smile.

   "Sorry, but I'm taken." She smirks. I roll my eyes and force out a laugh. "Like I said, don't flatter yourself." I repeat myself.

   "Why are you always such a jerk?" She asks and begins writing.

   "Oh, Aria. You bring out the worst in me. See, if you could have just left me alone I wouldn't have ever been an ass to you. Yet you just had to sit in that seat and become my lab partner." I huff and snatch the textbook from her lap.

   In a matter of seconds, her thin hand makes contact with my muscular arm. The loud slap sends a small pinch of pain through me. "Would you like to do the project yourself?!" She raises her voice.

   "Of course not." I force a smile and begin skimming through the textbook.

   She rolls her eyes and continues to write.

                   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

   Hope you enjoyed!! ;)

Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451K 17.8K 48
Tessa Romano has no idea what she's getting into. Her agenda for her senior year is to stay low and unnoticed until graduation. If she could do it th...
186K 8.7K 37
Aria Montgomery is like any other teenager. She likes her life and is content in it. Not very popular and certainly not very beautiful -or so she thi...
4K 144 88
"You, uh, plan to go out like that?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I cast my gaze downwards, and that's when I remembered I had changed into pajamas after m...
179K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...