Reborn [1] (Jacob Black)

By alliekatt314

Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Leaving
Chapter 2 Establishing Cover Ups
Chapter 3 Bella stay away from them
Chapter 4 Trying to be Human
Chapter 5 Found Out
Chapter 6 The Cold Ones
Chapter 7 Great he's back
Chapter 8 Rosalie
Chapter 9 Bookstore
Chapter 10 Somewhat Explanations
Chapter 11 Dammit Bella!
Chapter 12 Edward Cullen
Authors Note
Chapter 13 The Blacks
Chapter 14 Dinner
Chapter 15 Dinner
Chapter 16 Creeper
Chapter 17 Baseball
Chapter 18 Blood and Wet Leather
Chapter 19 Charlie
Chapter 21 Hotel
Chapter 22 James
Chapter 23 Broken
Chapter 24 Fire
Chapter 25 Hospital
Chapter 26 Prom
Authors Notes
Sequel

Chapter 20 Flee

5K 145 11
By alliekatt314

Reyna

~~~

My senses are on high alert as Bella drives along the dark roads of Forks.

He'll find us. James will find us and he will finish what he started.

Edward suddenly appears next to the truck. He's running beside us. I barely flinch at his sudden appearance.

"He'll forgive you," Edward says to Bella who just wipes more tears. "Ill drive slide over." Bella promptly hands the wheel to him and scoots over. He carefully holds into the wheel and crawls in the window. Bella slumps against me and I relish the feeling of having her close.

"His face... I said the same words my mother used when she left him," Bella whispers barely loud enough to hear.

"It was the only way he'd let you go," Edward murmurs and uses one hand to squeeze hers.

Blood and wet leather.

"James is following us now," I report after deeply inhaling that scent. Edward nods and slams on the gas.

"Your father's safe now, Bella. The tracker is following us," Edward assures but that doesn't at all comfort me.

I never want to look into those eyes again.

A loud thump makes me jump and momentarily panic before I turn back and see its Emmet.

"It's alright. It's just Emmett. Alice is in the car behind us," Edward reassures when Bella screams and the noise. Bella catches her breath and I rub her back. I can tell this is killing Edward seeing her so scared.

My mind wanders and I let my gaze fall out the window. In the woods I see hallucinations of James and when I close my eyes I see his red ones.

I just want him out of my head!

~~~

Slowly we pass by the diner and I stare longingly at Angela, Jessica, Eric, and Mike as they laugh and joke around.

"That should be us Bella," I utter sadly. "I'm sorry you got involved in this world."

"I'll never be sorry I got involved. I love you and I love Edward. Yes I'm scared out of my mind right now but I don't regret getting involved. I'll never regret getting involved."

My heart swells with pride and love for my sister in that moment. She looks so fierce and determined yet scared but still brave.

"You're the best sister Bells," I murmur and let her lean her head onto my shoulder.

Will will get through this.

~~~

Edward pulls up to the Cullen house and I very cautiously exit. Emmet jumps down from the truck and rubs my shoulder.

I've never appreciated a vampire more than I do Emmet in this moment.

I clutch Bella's hand tightly and together we walk into the house.

I freeze as soon as the door opens to reveal Laurent and Carlisle. Edward immediately shoves Bella and I behind him and Emmet crouches into a defensive position.

"He came to warn us. About James," Carlisle interjects and holds his hands up to calm us. I heave a deep breath and hold a hand over my chest to calm my beating heart.

"I've grown tired of his games. But he's got unparalleled senses. Absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years ... And the woman, Victoria, will back him. Don't underestimate her," Laurent warns tersely. He has a deep and serious time. I eye him suspiciously and barely let my guard down.

Carlisle nods in thanks and Edward in respect.

"I'm truly sorry for what's been unleashed here," Laurent says sincerely and passes us to dash into the woods and disappear from sight.

I greatly relax once he's gone and sigh. I'm going to get chronic stress from all this.

~~~

The Cullens move to the garage next and start up the Volvo, the red BMW, the black Mercedes sedan, and and SUV.

Everyone but Rosalie instantly springs into action, opening cupboards for supplies; cell phones, extra batteries, maps, portable GPS units, changes of clothes, cans of gasoline, energy bars, money, and ID's.

Each vehicle is loaded up with its own survival kit as if they've been preparing for decades.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're hard to kill," Jasper remarks as he loads the SUV.

"But not impossible. We'll tear him up," Edward growls. Emmet grins and his eyes flash with bloodlust.

"We'll rip him apart with our hands, then burn the pieces," he rumbles.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James," Carlisle chimes in making Emmets grin melt away.

Seriously how did Carlisle even become a vampire?

"If he doesn't get to one of us first," Rosalie mutters and kicks her feet. She's perched atop a counter.

"This is insane. You can't put yourselves in danger like this for us," Bella interjects looking horrified.

"Too late," Rosalie hisses. For once I wish she'd be supportive, I'm really fucking freaked out! Edward shoots Rosalie a look and starts tossing sets of keys to the drivers.

"I'll run Bella and Reyna south, while you lead the tracker away," Edward says and kisses Bella's head.

"No, Edward the tracker thinks you won't leave Bella. He'll follow you," Carlisle points out. He's very wise, I wonder how old he is.

"I'll go with Bella and Reyna. Jasper and I will drive her south," Alice offers with a smile. She faces Edward with a very sincere and authentic look. "I'll keep her safe, Edward." Edward groans and agonizes extremely frustrated.

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward snaps. I raise an eyebrow, what does he even mean?

Alice nods and gives him a look. They share an unspoken conversation before Edward gives in. He hands his keys to Alice.

"Edward I will die before I let anything happen to Bella," I vow.

"Finally something we agree on," Edward mumbles with a half smile. I let out a short laugh as pat his shoulder.

"Finally."

Edward nods at me before tossing Bella's jacket to Rosalie and my sweater to Esme.

"Esme, Rosalie, put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella and Reyna's scent," Edward guides. Rosalie drops Bella's jacket and crosses her arms.

"Why should I? What is she to me? Just a danger you've inflicted on us," Rose grumbles. My blood boils and I scowl at Rose. How can she be so cruel at a time like this.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. She's a part of this family now. And we protect our family," Carlisle explains sternly. Rosalie flowers at him but pulls the jacket on anyway.

Carlisle smiles and hits the garage door button. Carlisle squeezes Edwards shoulder before he and Eame climb into the SUV and pull away. Alice and Jasper get into the Mercedes. I follow on suit and collapse in the back.

I watch as Bella and Edward hold each other close and whisper privately. They're drinking each other in and staring as if they'll never see each other again.

God I never thought I'd say this but I hope they see each other again.

After a moment Bella joins me in the back and we both hold each other close.

~~~

I'm starting to think I'll never forget the smell of blood and wet leather or the redness of James eyes.

A/N: DAAAAAAANG! The drama! The romance! AAAAAH! Oh my gawd I just love Carlisle! You wouldn't believe how tempted I am to just have Reyna pounce on him but alas I have other plans for her and him ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 1.2K 25
Freya Swan is simply the other Love but what a Love it is. What happens when Freya Swan moves with her sister Isabella Swan to her Father in Forks an...
589K 13.7K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
22K 386 24
This story is about a 22 years old girl that is Isabella's older sister she's in college and about it graduate. Her name is Vanessa Swan and she ge...
1.6M 50.3K 87
***THIS STORY IS FOUR YEARS OLD; SO TROPES AND IDEAS MIGHT SEEM REPETITIVE FOR THE FANDOMS NOW*** Bambi Swan has always been 'different', branded cra...