The Story On The Board: What'...

By gen3king

Have you ever wondered, as a writer, "what if I gave the readers exactaly what they wanted? What if I let the... More

Introductions
Return of an Old Friend: Act One: A sudden start. Day One
Really?
Return of an Old Friend Act One: A Sudden Start Day One (Take Two)
Act One Day Two
About The Emotions...
Act One Day Three
Act Two: Broken Souls Day One
Act Two Day Two
Act Two Day Three
About Devil...
And They're Gone!
Flashbacks!
Act Three: Abandoned Day One
Act Three Day Two
The World Beyond
Intermission One: Who Needs To Fly?
Act Three Day Three
The Prototypes
Act Four: I'll See You In The Next One Day One
Intermission Two: Faster, Faster, yet Faster
Act Four Day Two
Act Four Day Three
Intermision Three (Flashback 1 Part 1): My Old Freind...
Sacrificed
Intermission Four: (Flashback One Part Two): Rival Hive Minds
Intermision Five: (Flashback One Part Three): Who He Was
Intermission Six: (Flashback One Part Four): Learning The Truth
Intermision Seven (Flashback One Part Five): A Difficult Choice
Intermision Eight (Flashback One Part Six): Refusal To Kill
Intermission Nine (Flashback One Part Seven): Wrath of a God
An Announcement
Intermission Ten: Loopholes
Knock Knock
Wait A Second...
Fall of a Goddess
Secrets Revealed
Welcome to Reality
Another World
A Few Questions
A Lack of Sin
Oh Shit!
Why?
Abandoned by the Saviors
I Need Feedback...
Fading Out
Home Sweet Home
Preparing for a Last Stand
Refusal to Erase
The Forgotten

The Original

25 2 3
By gen3king

We continue towards G.3K.'s castle. There's an unnatural felling of dread. I can't shake this uneasy sensation. Somthing fells wrong. Almost like, the readers are gone, but that can't be... Right? They're to important. I hide my discomfort from Devil.

"So," Devil starts up a conversation, "what would you do if you could reach the True World?"

I'm not sure, but I'd stay far away from here. This place isn't safe for us. We have a really bad reputation. You're sins and I'm a falsely accused villian. That's not the best combination.

"Amen to that," Devil replies, "as soon as we fix our souls, I'm outta here. You know, you should come with me. We'd be better off in the True World together than alone."

True. If we succeed, we can do together, but not as master and vessel.

"Then what?" Devil asks.

As friends.

Devil smiles. Their trust increased. Which brings it to... Hold on, gotta calculate this. Let's see... Time spent together plus character development plus agreed upon choices equals... 80%. They're gonna be good friends when this is all over, I can tell you that much now. Moving on...

"Focus guys," 14 gets their attention, "we gotta deal with the plot first."

Right, plotline first, happy ending later.

"Anyways," 14 continues, "when you get the journal, can you do something for me?"

Other than sending you to the True World?

"Yeah," 14 replies, "I want you to kill prototype 1."

Why? He's a prototype! He's like you!

"Prototype 1 will kill us," 14 explains, "he exsists to keep the plot going, and he's by far the most powerful prototype. If we get to the True World, he's gonna hunt us down. We aren't supposed to interfere with the True World, at least not according to his programming."

How do you know this?

"I told you," 14 replies, "I was digital for very long time. During this time, I caught a glimpse of 1's code, and he's programed to kill anyone from this world for the duration of the Void War."

What about your code? How do we know you won't suddenly go nuts?

"Only the first few prototypes lacked free will. All after 6 have free will, and only two of those six are still in existence."

Fair enough. We continue down the blood stained street. A sense of dread still fills the air. It almost fells like, somthing is missing. Something was removed form this world, somthing important. Or maybe, someone. Still, we continue to the castle, we continue to the journal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380 21 43
Most of us long to "Be" but when the path gets too costly, or steep, we take solace in what we "Have." Remove the trappings of what we own and then w...
243 1 67
"Why struggle, you ask? What drives people forward, what is valuable enough for one's will to prevail? Have you ever stopped to reflect on the weight...
3.8K 609 34
A Fairytale Princess who has a penchant for getting into trouble. A Steampunk Inventor with a keen mind and mysterious origin. What will happen when...
61 2 17
The Outcast. The Traitor. The Savior. Fate has a funny way of finding you when you least expect it. Elisven on the other hand seems to have thrown h...