You Were Always The One (Jaim...

By simplyadrianaxo

If you love something let it go, if it comes back it's yours forever, but if it doesn't then it wasn't meant... More

1. New Beginings
2. She Won't Chase Him Anymore
3. Trying To Push You Out
4. Try A New Life Without You
5. Wherever You Are
6. Ghosts
7. My Heart
8. I Swear It Will Get Easier
9. Red Lights Flashing
10. Good For You
11. War Zone
13. Floral and Fading
14. Right Beside You
15. Waking Up
16. I Just Wanna Scream
17. Without You
18. I Can Hear You In The Wind
19. Everything Is Alright
20. Trigger My Nightmare
21. Because Of You
22. Million Dollar Houses
23. Colors & Promises
24. I knew I loved You
25. Feeling Sorry
26. I Might Be Perfect With You
27. I Could Sing You A Song
28. This Christmas
29. Give Me That Swing
30. One Step Closer
31. Do It Now Remember It Later
Sweet Serenity
32. We Can't Stop
33. Time Has Brought Your Heart To Me
34. Then There's Faith In Love
THANK YOU.
Epilogue
Kissing In Cars [Concert Video]

12. We're Good We're Solid We're Gold

254 11 18
By simplyadrianaxo

[Songs: Photograph -Ed Sheeran & Boom! -Simple Plan]

"Babe." I hear whisper above me.
I feel a light poking at my cheek, I try to ignore it as best I can but it only gets rougher the more I try to pass it off.

"Arianna, babe, babe, baby, baby momma."

I crack a smile at the last name he called me and fluttered my eyes open, "You, I 'm used to. Being woken up so early in the morning, can take some time again."

His dimples go on full display as he chuckles deeply at my comment, "First of all its twelve in the afternoon and second, I just wanted to tell you that Lilah is going with me."

"To band practice?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, gotta teach them young." He smiles.

"Fine, have fun, don't deafen our child though." I instruct.

"Okay deal, what do you plan on doing today?" He asks getting up from his spot on the bed next to me, fully dressed for the day.

"I don't know." I say rolling over on my stomach seeing Lilah spread out asleep in her day clothes. I burry my head into the pillow, not wanting to be awake at the moment.

"Probably go get my job back at the café." I mumble into my pillow knowing Jaime wouldn't like what I've just said.

"Why do you need to get a job? You should just stay home with Lilah." He says from the bathroom.

I turn onto my back again and roll my eyes, "Because I want job Jaime, do we have to go through this again?"

Jaime comes out of the bathroom smelling like cologne, making my senses flood with nostalgia, "No but I don't know, I just don't want you to worry about having a job, what about your baking, why don't you do that permanently?"

I think about his suggestion for a second, not exactly objecting to the idea, "That'd be great but I'd have to find a location and put it together, it's just too much." I say coming to terms with reality.

"Well, we'll find something, I want you to do what you love, and that's baking. I will search the world for a perfect place for you if that's what I have to do." He smiles while taking a seat on the bed next to me.

"Okay." I smile.

"So you'll do it?" He asks with an equally large smile.

"Yeah, I'll start looking for a shop." I reply.

"Okay well when I get back we'll do it together." He leans in and places a kiss on my cheek then gets off the bed.

I gently place a kiss onto Lilah's cheek, not wanting to wake her for Jaime's sake.

"Okay I'll probably go say hi to the girls at the café anyways." I shout as he walks out of the room.

"Okay have fun!"

Moments later I hear the door shut and decide it's best I get ready for the day.

I reluctantly got up from bed and went to the bathroom to start my shower, stripping from my night clothes before stepping into the warm water.

This week has been nothing but busy, moving all my things into this apartment, unboxing all my items and decorating it to the way we like. Which meant back and forth trips to Kirkland's, Pier One and any other decoration store we could find.

The apartment finally had the home-y vibe we were looking for, and I was proud of what we accomplished as far as getting out place presentable for our friends to visit.

As for our relationship, it's hard to put a label on it at the moment, we're acting as though we're together but in all reality, we're still not a couple. Just trying to figure out we're we are and taking it one step at a time, but I like what we have right now and I'm not complaining.

I step out of the shower and wrap my hair in a black towel that I hung by the shower door, I then took the other teal towel and placed it around my body before walking out of the restroom and to the closet to find something to wear.

I pulled down an olive colored dress from a hanger and placed it on the bed, going to the dresser then pulling out a pair of undergarments and a strapless bra. I threw the wet towel into the hamper and placed my bra and panties on before slipping into the dress.

It was loose fitting with spaghetti straps and ended mid-thigh, being just a bit on the short side but whatever it's hot outside. I then retreated to the bathroom and let my hair down from the towel, blow drying it till there were no wet strands left before twirling pieces around a curling wand to give the bounce I wanted.

Once my hair was finished I began to apply my makeup going for a simple look again with just neutral eyeshadows and a thin winged eyeliner, two coats of mascara and some nude lipstick to finish it off.

I looked at my reflection and smiled before going back to my closet to grab my now favorite beige ankle booties that had a small heel, they were so cute, and when I saw them I knew I had to have them.

I placed random pieces of jewelry on including some gold bangles, dangle leaf earrings, midi rings and a long chain necklace with a gold leaf hanging on the end. I grabbed a pair of beige sunglasses from my collections of sunglasses.

Pause, you know that movie the Princess Diaries? Well in the second movie her grandma, the queen, shows her the closet in her room and one of the drawers are organized with nothing but fashion sunglasses? Well that's practically what Jaime did with my sunglasses, because I have so many.

I grabbed a beige bag from my purse rack and stuffed my phone and wallet inside before shutting the lights off and leaving the room after spraying myself with some perfume.

I walked into the living room and took a beige boho wide brim hat off the coat rack and placed it on my head finishing off my look completely.

I snatched my keys off the counter and walked out the door and to my car that was parked under the car port in front of our building. The second I stepped outside of our door though, I was hit with instant heat, I could literally feel the sweat forming within seconds.

I skipped down the steps and unlocked my car, getting in then putting the keys into the ignition turning it on and hearing the engine roar to life.

I pulled the car out of the parking spot and began my way to the café I used to work at, hoping the same people I knew were still there. When I had left Jaime, I called Sarah and let an apology fall from my mouth before anything else. I explained to her what happened and she understood, which I was thankful for to say the least.

The last time I spoke with Sarah and Alex, I was just out of the hospital from having Lilah. Sadly, we lost touch and I'm hoping that surprising them today will make up for it.

I drove into the parking lot and found a spot in front, seeing Alex's Jeep parked off to the side along with Sarah's black Chevy right next to it.

I smiled and got out of my car and placed my purse across my body since it was a cross body bag then walked the short distance to the door, opening it and being met with cool air and the smell of food.

"Hi, how many?" A young girl looking to be the age of twenty asks as I look around for my two crazy friends.

"Um actually can I speak with your manager?" I ask, catching her off guard as if I were going to make a complaint.

"Uh y-yeah sure, just wait here a second."

She scurries off to the back room and seconds later Sarah walks out with confusion written all over her face. Her brown and purple hair now a dark red, a few new tattoos on her arms, but the same 'I'll beat your ass if you talk shit.' Look on her face which made me smile slightly, although I wanted to keep this act going for a bit.

"Hi I'm the manager how can I help you?" She asks not yet realizing it was me, seeing as I'm still wearing my sunglasses to cover my eyes.

"Uh yeah I'd like to make a complaint." I say with a snobbish attitude and valley-girl voice.

"About what?" She states firmly, the attitude vibrating off her quickly.

"Well, I was looking at all these pictures on the wall here with your workers and you have none with me on it." I say looking at the wall of pictures that indeed doesn't include me.

"Excuse me?" She says behind me.

I laugh and take off my shades before turning to look at her, her facial expression going from fury and confused to a smile ad realization next.

"Oh my God Ari!" She shouts getting all the customers to turn their attention towards us.

Sarah brings me into a bone crushing hug as I return the gesture before she separates and yells into another direction, "Alex, David!"

In seconds I see Alex and David emerge from the back and as soon as they take a look at me they come over quickly, both hugging me tightly.

"When did you get here?" David asks.

"Are you here permanently?" Alex follows.

"Guys let's go to the back and talk." Sarah suggests, leading us to the back room and to the table we all spoke at when I first started this job.

"So when did you get here?" Sarah begins to ask.

"I got here last week, I was going to come visit sooner but I was too busy moving things and such." I explain.

"Wait, where are you staying?" Alex chimes in with a raised eyebrow.

"Uh, I'm actually living with Jaime."

"So you guys are back together?" Sarah is quick to ask.

"No, not exactly but we're getting there."

"Where's the little squirt?" David asks with a smile.

"Jaime took her with his for a daddy-daughter day." I smile back.

The next hour or so was spent talking about everything that happened, from being with Christian to running through the airport in a ball gown to get to Jaime before he left which made Sarah and Alex awe at the picture in their heads, and Alex saying that it was like a scene from a movie.

"So that brings me to now, just gonna start my new life here." I finish.

"That's so crazy, so what are your plans now?" Sarah asks.

"Well Jaime and I were talking about finding a place for me to start my own bakery, something I've been wanting to do for a while now." I smile.

"That'd be awesome, I'd love to go over and eat your place out of business." Alex laughs.

"Same, I just want more of your peppermint brownies." David mutters with a serious facial expression.

"Well I promise to make some as soon as I find a place." I promise getting him to do a small fist pump.

After a few more minutes of laughter and small talk I decide it's time for me to go to my next stop, Alex and Sarah walking me out to the door, "Oh and you are up there miss prissy." Sarah states pointing at the picture wall.

I look to where her manicured finger points and see a picture of us three and David, way before I left San Diego, before I had Lilah, and before I knew everything in my life would change.

"Aw we're like babies." I laugh, looking at the picture with a smile.

"We're so cute." Alex says next to me.

I walk out of the café and wave bye to the girls before stepping into my car and reversing out of the spot I was in, driving the semi short distance to my best friend's place.

I made my way up the elevator and down his hallway to the right door that I'm sure I remembered correctly, I knocked a few times before hearing the tumbling of locks, the door opening wide open and a very surprised Austin Carlile standing in front of me with arms wide open.

"Arianna!" He exclaims as he pulls me into a very tight hug.

"Austin, I can't breathe." I mumble into his chest.

"Stop whining and let me love you." He says into my hair.

When he finally released his hold on me I followed him inside to see a young girl sitting on his sofa, she immediately stood up to where I could see her full appearance.

She was maybe a few inches taller than me with long dark brown hair that had curls at the tips. She had a sweet smile on her face as she made her way towards me with her hand stretched out to shake mine.

"Um Ari this is Charlie."

When he said her name realization hit me as to who she was, "Oh you're Charlie!" I say with a wide smile.

I take her hand into mine and shake it gently, "And you must be Arianna, Austin says nothing but good things about you." She replies.

"Well I can say the same about you." I say getting a small blush to form on her cheeks.

"When did you get here? Are just visiting? Why didn't you call?" Austin quickly interrupting with a million questions.

"Whoa calm down and breathe." I reply getting Charlie to laugh.

"I got in last weekend, I've moved back, and I wanted to surprise you." I answer each of his questions counting them off with my fingers.

"Did you move back with-"

"Yes and I'll explain everything later, I don't want to interrupt anything, just wanted to drop by and say hi." I smile.

"Oh you weren't interrupting anything." Charlie assures.

"Well that's good," I laugh.

"But seriously Austin I'll explain all of it later." I repeat not really wanting to spill out my drama in front of his new girlfriend.

"Okay well I'll text you so we can go get lunch or something." He says scratching the back of his neck.

"Sounds good, it was really nice to finally meet you Charlie, I hope to see more of you." I say giving her a small hug that I'm sure caught her off guard at first.

"Likewise, and as long as he keeps me around." She smiles looking up to Austin who does the same looking at her with nothing but adoration.

I say my goodbye's to Austin and walk out of his apartment and back down to my car, by now the heat picked up and I had one last place to go before heading home.

I played some soft rock music in the car, the volume low as I drove the car inside the cemetery that I haven't been to since Christmas over two years ago.

I got down and took the flowers I bought with me, walking towards her headstone, I read the gray stone to assure myself I was at the right spot,

Elisabeth Jude Flores

February 10, 1960 – August 2, 2014

Wilting roses surrounding it as if I weren't the only one who hasn't stopped by.

I took the dead flowers off her headstone and replaced them with the fresh ones I just picked out, letting the different colors bring light to her resting place.

"I'm so sorry Lisa." I begin to choke out.

"I'm sorry I haven't come to visit you; I've been such a terrible daughter." I confess.

"You would totally slap my arm right now if I just showed up at your place after years of not seeing you, and there's no excuse."

I feel the tears rise up in my eyes before they begin to fall down my cheeks, I rest my face in my hands and let out a small whimper as the tears grow heavily, knowing that through everything I've been through I couldn't talk to her and hear her advice.

I finally wipe away my tears and continue to talk to nothing but air, in hopes that if there really is a Heaven, that she's listening and looking down at me right now.

"I have a daughter now; her name is Lilah Elisabeth Preciado. She's so beautiful, my personality mixed with Jaime's, you'd love her I'm sure of it." I smile.

"I'll bring her one day so you can meet her I promise."

I sat for what felt like hours before getting up from my spot and walking back to my car to go back home.

I found Jaime's car parked in my spot but decided not to argue and park next to him, I walked up the stairs and to our door, unlocking it and pushing the door open to hear music coming from the music room.

I follow the sound and find Jaime in front of his piano, a guitar in his lap and pieces of sheet music lying all over the black wooden piano, some with big x's on them, and others balled up and thrown on the ground.

I tried to be as quiet as possible until my phone 'dinged' with a new text message, smooth.

"Shit, when did you get here." He asks while he begins to put up all his papers.

"A few seconds ago, don't stop I want to hear." I whine.

He begins to laugh and shake his head, "It's a secret." He says as he gets closer, planting a small kiss on my forehead.

"It's always a secret." I glare.

"Give me a few more months, then you'll hear it."

"Months?!" I say as I walk after him, out of the room and to our bedroom.

"Yes, it's not ready to be heard yet, you'll know when it is." He smiles.

I roll my eyes and sit at the edge of our bed, "Fine, do whatever you want I don't care." I say crossing my arms over my chest.

"I will do whatever I want, thank you though for the permission." He laughs.

"Wait!" I shout standing up from the bed, startling Jaime in the process.

"Where's my daughter?!" I say looking to him for answers.

"Oh, she's at my parents' house for the evening." He replies curtly.

"Why, what are we doing?" I ask, going to the bathroom where Jaime was fixing his hair.

"We, my dear, are going out to dinner." He says walking past me and towards the closet.

"What's the special occasion?"

"Do I need to have an occasion to take my beautiful girlfriend out on a date?" He questions while looking through the hangers for an outfit.

My heart rate picked up speed as soon as he said the words girlfriend, where we dating? Was this his way of asking me? What do I say?

"Whoa when did I become your girlfriend again?" I smirk.

Jaime emerges from the closet and lays out a pair of jeans and a shirt on the bed before turning to look at me with a playful smile across his face.

"Well, would you be my girlfriend?" He asks placing his hands on my hips, our faces inches apart.

"I don't know, let's see how the night goes." I reply, my smirk still on display.

Jaime chuckles and looks down at the ground before looking back up to me, "Sounds like a deal."

I looked through my entire closet for an outfit before finally finding one, it was supposed to be chilly outside so I settled for some black high waist jeans and a maroon crop top, it rested just above my naval and wasn't too short.

I paired the outfit with some maroon heels and a black suede biker jacket, I placed a few pieces of black and silver jewelry on to finish it off before going to the bathroom to fix my makeup. I kept most of what I was already wearing on but wiped of my lipstick to cover my lips with a dark maroon color instead of the beige.

I tied my hair in a half up half down breaded hairdo, my curls still on display thanks to the hairspray I used earlier.

I walked out of the bathroom to find Jaime placing his gold watch around his wrist, before spraying himself with some cologne.

I smile at his appearance, black skinny jeans and a black shirt all put together with his infamous red Vans. The sight of him made my heart pound so hard I swore it would fall out of my chest at any second.

"Are you ready gorgeous?" He says walking towards me.

"Always ready handsome." I reply.

The drive wasn't too long as we pulled up to a semi fancy steak restaurant, meaning it wasn't a place you could just wear shorts and a t-shirt to, but you wouldn't be kicked out for wearing Vans either.

We got seated immediately and as soon as I got my menu I began looking, having such a busy day I didn't even get a chance to eat, but that's also because I forgot to eat in the first place.

"Well at least I can take you out on a date here and not get lost." Jaime joked.

"Yeah if you got lost here, Jaime, I'd be worried." I laugh with a shake to my head.

"So I figured after we leave here we can go driving around to see if we can find you a place to start your bakery." Jaime suggests.

"Sounds like a good idea." I agree.

"So Vic wants to have a group camping trip."

I look up from my steak and smile, "That'd be so much fun."

"Yeah, I told him we'd go. It'll be us eight plus Curtis and Casey with their girlfriends." He explains.

"Definitely a couples retreat." I laugh.

Jaime laughs at my statement and nods his head in agreement, "Pretty much feels like one, it'll be fun though."

"I want to see you put up a tent." I grin.

"You don't think I can do that?" He questions with a playful glare.

"I'm not saying you can't, I'm just saying I'd like to see it."

After dinner we decided to go driving around while the sun was still up, to try and find a space that screamed 'Bakery'!

Jaime parked his car on the side of the road, the familiarity of the street reminding me of where I was, "Jaime why are you bringing me here?" I ask as he gets out of the car.

He walks around and opens my door then lends out a hand for me to take, "Just trust me."

I take his hand in mine then begin to walk next to him, little shops with the San Diego pier off in the distance but not too far away to the point of needing to drive to get to the water.

I stop in my tracks and decide to take off my heels, being the mom I am, I brought a pair of socks in my purse just in case something like this were to happen. Jaime took my heels in his hand and intertwined our fingers tights with his free hand.

"Jaime, why are you taking me to a building that they tore down, I really don't want to see this place gone." I say.

"Do you remember when I first walked into that bakery?" He says totally ignoring what I just said.

"Yeah, you were a smartass the entire time." I grin.

"Me? That was all you." He laughs.

"So I assume you heard they were going to tear down the shop?"

I nod my head in response, "Yeah the girls called me with the news, I literally cried. I mean that was the place I met Lisa, where I learned how much I loved baking, and where I met you for the first time, there were so many memories in that place. To know it's gone, it's too surreal."

Jaime stopped walking and turned to face me, "Close your eyes."

I knit my eyebrows together in confusion, "Why?"

"Would you stop asking so many questions and just trust me please?"

I take in a deep breath then shut my eyes, "Okay just follow me, I've got you."

I feel Jaime take my hand and lead me, him being my eyes as I'm practically blind at the moment, I feel my tracks come to a halt as he lets go of my hand, "Okay open your eyes."

I open my eyes and am face to face with the bakery I once worked in, the same bakery I shut the doors to years ago. A brand new sign on top of the building read 'Lisa's Eats and Treats' in a soft pink with a cherry as the dot above the 'I' in Lisa's name. Lastly there was a sign on the window that said, 'Coming Soon'.

I felt tears pool in my eyes, Jaime coming to embrace me with his arms, "Thank you Jaime." Was all I managed to say, I had nothing more to say, I was so speechless.

Jaime pulled away slightly and brushed away my tears before digging into his pocket, he pulled out a pair of silver keys and placed them into the palm of my hand, "Go check it out."

I smile and walk to the door, unlocking it gently then pushing the door open. Everything was still the same inside, just the way I left it, or so I thought. Jaime walked away and turned on a few lights to reveal the newly done work on the inside.

New counters with glass cases, a few tables off to the side where people could sit and eat and a wall of pictures, all of them were of me and our friends and family, pictures I took, some from Alysha and others from Adam Elmakias.

I turn to Jaime, tears still falling from my eyes, "This is amazing Hime." I whisper.

"I couldn't bear to watch them tear down this place, the only standing building that was the root of our relationship,"

He takes a deep breath before continuing, "So I bought it, or at least rented it for the first two years."

My eyes went wide as realization hit that this was now my bakery, "Jaime you didn't-"

"Yes I did, this is what makes you happy, this is what you want to do, I'm not going to stop you. I will support all of your dreams, no matter what it is."

"How did you know I'd say yes to having my own bakery?" I ask realizing that he'd been working on this place since before I agreed to his suggestion this morning.

"I know you too well." He smiles with a shrug.

"I love you." I whisper.

He walks over to where I was standing and places both hands on my hips then presses his forehead to mine, "I love you more."

"Ask me again." I say.

Jaime smiles and looks down to his feet, "Will you be my girlfriend, again."

I laugh slightly at his words then smile widely, "I'd love nothing more."

H

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645 55 23
Pierce The Veil fanfic
21.2K 744 39
"I may have failed, but I have loved you from the start." A Jaime Preciado Fanfiction, All Rights Reserved.
3.8K 103 24
This story is about Anna and Tony's journey together! Enjoy xx