The Price to Pay

Від AshDkay

*Completed* *Not fully edited* Adeline Winters, a young rebellious teen in High School, who enjoys giving not... Більше

Synopsis
Chapter One (Part 1)
Chapter One (Part 2)
Chapter Two (Part 1)
Chapter Two (Part 2)
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine Part 2
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Nineteen

182 12 3
Від AshDkay

"Every man as his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
_____________________________

Death

This has gone too far, once again she has gotten herself into another predicament, one I have to retrieve her from. If Meeksha was correct and the symbol we found on the door of Adeline's room does belong to Calio, she's in trouble. Serious trouble, what she did is binding magic using her blood to open a portal, which could mean anything, she can be bound to a place, or even person.

I've found this so called secret club, where I told the girl not to go, where demons and monsters go, out of every place on this earth and the next she decides to go to Calio's club.

That solarian white haired mongrel has only one goal in life, watch others around him fall apart, he gets off on people who succumb to who they really are and if he sets his soulless eyes on Adeline he will have all the joy in the damn world. She won't be able to control anything if he gets his hands on her, she will only see one thing and only want one thing, your life.

"Are you sure you saw them?" I forced my way through, interrogating the Rokin, a hairy creature with unpleasant features.

The small creature fidgets in my hands, terrified as I interrogate him, "They entered through here long ago, I only do my job, I let them in, they had the invitation."

I let go of the Rokin, he said he saw her and I have a funny feeling she's with Bast by the description he gave. A small looking girl with dark inky black hair and bangs, absurd clothing and yellow eyes, if it is her I will cut out her cat eyes and feed them to an actual cat.

It's a good thing he hasn't seen them leave, I don't wish to run all over this city to look for her but he also mentioned because no one was allowed to leave unless Calio allowed it. It brought back my early suspicions about her being bound, I was unfortunately correct. I however am excluded from this very sick rule.

I enter the loud club, searching the crowds for the face of my succubus.

The thick crowd is hard to see in as people bump and grind against each other to the loud bass music. This is going to be harder than I thought. I walk the outer circle of the mass of people, steering clear of the dance floor and the hungry eyes of demons. I pass the bar glancing as a man with four arms mixes drinks and hands them down the line. She isn't sitting down anywhere out here, meaning she's either inside one of the curtained rooms or on the dance floor somehow obscured by the many faces.

The music changes, becoming louder with a secret sound hidden inside, I laugh its a damn enchantment inside the song itself. These people don't even know what's going on here.

The lights change with the music above, going from light to dark and that's when I find her, her eyes stand out like a beacon as she locks eyes with an elf. He touches her neck, forcing her forward to meet his mouth, she let's them all touch her even the demons with horns and dark pitiless eyes.

What did he do to you?

I push through the bodies, ignoring the desperate hands that reach for me, I grab the collar of the elf. His glare quickly turns into a frightened expression as he registers who pushes him aside. "She's mine." I fling him away and break the fingers of others who dare touch her.

She doesn't seem to see me as I study her face, I groan as she turns in my arms grinding her backside along my front. I lean forward touching my lips to her ear.

"Wake up my pet."

All eyes are on her, she releases this pull, this allure to come closer but it's all apart of what she is, the succubuses ultimate power and she's suddenly just now learned how to use it.

I glare at a werewolf who stares intently at her, his eyes snap out of whatever spell he was under and quickly disappears as he sees me.

"Adeline, look at me." She doesn't hear me, she just dances in front of me, swaying her hips seductively. Its very tempting I assure you but its not a way I like to take women home.

I spin her around, making her face me, her eyes close as she throws her head back biting her lip softly . Then she slowly lifts it, opening her blue eyes and they take me in, finally seeing me, "Master," That's new, it is unlike her to call me things unless they are insults, she shakes her head as if confused, her eyes dimming back to normal, "Death what's happening-" She changes again, her eyes shine brighter as she laughs quietly to herself.

This isn't right, I grab her arm, leading her out of the crowd, "Come on, I'm getting you out of here." I practically drag her away from the mass of people, she not only gives me a hard time but others do as well. They touch and pull at her as she passes them, if I hadn't come when I did she would have killed everyone in this place. No one would have stopped her either.

I briskly walk down the long hall where the exit is, she pulls at my arm not wanting to leave. I turn to her, "Snap out of it Adeline, this has gone too far!"

She doesn't listen, she pulls her arm free with a growl, only to stumble and slide down the white wall. She bites her lip, looking around as if lost.

I sigh, bending over I lift her up and over my shoulder, I ignore the feeling of her soft thighs as I grip her lightly not wanting her to fall obviously. I walk down the rest of the hall, watching the small Rokin scurrying away as I pass him.

I will find that white horned demon and rip off his head for playing with my succubus for his own amusement.

I slide her down from my shoulder in order to summon a portal away from this garbage hole. She takes the opportunity to wrap her hands around my neck, her nails dig slightly as she forces me down to meet her height. She studies me with her glowing blue eyes, looking for what, I do not know.

I study her right back, "What are you looking for Adeline?"

"Why do I not crave you?" Even her voice as changed, it has deepened almost sensual sounding.

I smirk down at my little succubus, "There is nothing in here to take my pet."

She appears confused, "But I see it, I feel it," She trails off lifting her hand to my face, touching an invisible force I do not see. "It is there."

"We have to leave, you are not yourself and you must rest to get rid of whatever Calio has given you."

Her eyes meet mine again, I can't help but think they are beautiful, they fit her so very well. She is about to speak but stops pushing herself away from me forcefully. She turns only to vomit up a yellow, orange liquid.

I walk behind her, lifting her brown hair away from her face, this must be what he had given her.

"Thanks." I feel myself relax somewhat, her voice is normal, this must have helped her immensely.

"Explain to me what happened Adeline." I want to know everything, she needs to tell me how she got into a place like this.

She wipes her mouth before facing me, her cheeks are red and her eyes water as she stares at me with normal eyes, human eyes.

She looks embarrassed as she fiddles with her fingers, "I'm sorry, I should have listened to you."

I fold my arms, liking where this is going, I gestured for her to continue, "And."

She averts her gaze biting her lip nervously, "And what?"

Is she really going to play games with me, after I've gotten her out of two bad situations now, "Don't, I want to know everything, starting with how you got here."

"I met a friend." She whispers, the human ear would barely have heard her but I can hear perfectly.

"A demon friend I'm guessing, who?" This demon has put her in positions that could have gotten her killed.

"Why do you have to know who it is?"

I step forward out of anger, "Is that a serious question, this so called friend of yours as put you in dangerous situations Adeline and quite frankly I am tired of getting you out of them."

She whips her head up to glare at me, "No one asked you too!"

She wishes for a death sentenced then, "Is that what you want, you parade around to see if you can get yourself killed!" My anger is beyond controlled now.

"And what if it is!" She fires back.

I take another step, inches away from her heated gaze, "Then I would have just done it myself!" She looks taken aback, I know I would never kill her, never hurt her even but she doesn't know that.

"Go ahead then, do it, end it so I don't have to." I liked it better when she was all high on whatever that liquid was.

I ignore her,"This is all very simple, just tell me who this demon is."

"Will you be killing this demon?" So this is what this is all about she believes that I will kill her little friend.

"I just might, if I don't like this particular demon that is." I will most likely kill him or her though.

She sighs, "Her name is Bast."

I hide away every ounce of anger as I stare down at my succubus, that damn cat is behind all this madness. I laugh, no humor behind it, "As in Bastet the goddess of seduction, that one."

"Yeah," She scrunches up her brow, "You know who she is."

"Of course I do, the yellowed eyed cat has been known to have a reputation." We had a deal, she was to watch over her, not befriend her and take her to a demon club.

"Quick question, was she the one who sent you to Lucifer." I watch her carefully, I see a small hint of nervousness, it would be dismissed entirely if I hadn't been who I was.

It all rushes out of her, "It was an accident, she meant to bring me there only I was sent to him, we don't know why."

"I don't want you to speak with her again." Our deal is off, she obviously cannot handle this task, sending her to Lucifer might have been an accident but this was not.

She backs away, "What? Why! She didn't do anything wrong."

"Bullshit, she has been careless with you, if I hadn't been there with Lucifer he would have stripped you of your soul and then used you for who knows what. And let's not forget just now, you would have killed everyone inside there, no one would have stopped you! Is that what you wanted Adeline, to kill because I clearly remember you saying that you didn't want to!" She had to snap out of this small world she's built for herself, she has to realize what she is, what world this one is not the one she has created inside that thick head of hers.

"You have no idea what I want." Her voice is harsh, she sounds like she might cry.

I groan, giving up on her, "I am sick and tired of you humans and your pathetic double standards." I walk away from her, summoning a portal, if she thinks she can do this alone then she can.

"Death!" I stop at her voice. "You're just going to leave me here!"

I glance behind me, "Yes I am, unless that is you snap out of whatever wonderland you are in." I assure you there are no talking rabbits in this one.

"Fine just take me with you."

I roll my eyes, reaching for her to take my hand, she runs to me, sliding her hand in mine. I walk through the portal, allowing her to follow close behind me.

We end up in her old room, "You can change into your own clothes, I am sure there around here somewhere." Even though her outfit right now is much more pleasing to stare at, I give Bast some credit for putting her in that.

She bites her lip, "You knew we were here."

I chuckle, throwing my head back with a small groan, "Of course I do, nothing gets in and out of these walls without me knowing about it."

She walks to the bed, kneeling down to the floor to retrieve her clothes. She sits on the side of the bed, fiddling with her crumpled clothes. She raises her head, trying to hide the tears that roll down her flushed cheeks.

I casually walk to her, stopping just in front of her, I bend down leveling with her, "Why are you crying?"

She sniffles, giving up on trying to hide them, "I don't know how to do this."

To try and lighten her mood I joke with her, "I am willing to help you take off and put on your clothes if you can not."

She shakes her, smiling somewhat, "You know that's not what I meant Death."

"I know my pet, what is it that you think you can not do?" I have to admit, I wanted the first sanario to be the one she was so worried about.

She meets my gaze, tears still lingering in her eyes, "This, I can't do this, be what I am, what you turned me into."

I lift a hand to her face, touching her tear stained cheek, no matter the things I say I can not begin to think about not saving her that day. I do not regret that decision nor will I ever, I may be a selfish creature in her eyes but I won't take it back.

"Even if I had the power to release you from this, I would not, you are mine and you must accept that I saved you. Take it into some consideration." She should be grateful, she is with her family, her friends, she can live a mostly normal life.

"You don't get it, you don't know what I feel every time she wants to come out and play, I killed my sister's boyfriend, I tried killing my bestfriend and I almost killed everyone in that club. How does any of that sound normal, how do I ever accept something like that?" She was angry again.

"You haven't fully grown into this new form, you still need to become one with the succubus Adeline. All of this will pass with time, time you will have." Why is it so hard for her to understand this, I know what she feels, what the hunger feels like, she is however strong, she can resist this urge for however long. "I know you can overcome this or else I would have not chosen for you to be a succubus. My succubus."

She looks away from me, "I need to change, can you leave?"

"Please look at me Adeline." I need to know she's with me, I need to know I made the right decision.

"Please just go." I'm not leaving her for some unknown reason I damn can't.

I grab her chin, lifting her face to me, wanting her to see me as someone who saved her. I trace her face with my eyes until I reach her lips, I lean into her hearing her breath hitch slightly as I kiss just the corner of her mouth. She doesn't stop me from my assault, I watch as she closes her eyes just as I graze my thumb over her bottom lip.

She's intoxicating, this creature that has shown up without any knowing of the real world. Yet here she is, in my hands throwing her head back in pleasure by someone like me.

The door to her room bangs open, breaking whatever this was between us.

Pulling away from her I turn to the door, "Sovereign." I glare, not liking his choice of timing. "What has happened?"

If he does notice what I was doing he doesn't acknowledge it, "It's the Angel's, they are demanding you come at once, I tried stopping them but they have not only reached past the gates of this dimension but they are inside the house Master."

I stand, reaching him quickly, "Don't worry about changing Adeline, take her home Sovereign, quickly."

He nods his head, walking to the girl, she decides to protest but I shake my head, "No, there is no time for that, you have to go now. I will explain later, Sovereign please."

I leave them, rushing down the hall to meet the Angels, I reach the stairs standing on the landing that looks down to the entryway. To think this would all be some joke, I stare down at the three angels below. They barely fit down there, their wings still loose, I hope we don't get flees from them.

I raise my arms, an open embrace displayed to them all the while wearing a cruel smile, "Welcome boys."

••••••••••••••

Don't forget to comment until your hearts content, vote like no tomorrow, and follow to receive updates on this very book.

I will try and update as frequently as possible.

Until next time,

-Ash
Xoxoxo

P.s. Quick message, thank you my lovelies for bringing this book over 1,700 reads!! Its awesome!!!! Kisses and hugs all around! Xoxoxo

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

506K 35K 37
[BOOK TWO] "Anniversaries to some are like counting the years spent doing something great, years spent together, or years spent alive." I started slo...
Requiem Від Lily Kay

Фанфіки

391 32 9
"Do you think I enjoy hurting you?" "I hope so." ---- Life gets hard when you meddle in things that you should not stick your fucking nose into. Tha...
2.7M 79K 22
"When I look into your eyes, I know where you've been, I know what you saw that night in the forest. I know what you are now." Scholars rule the empi...
House Of The Fallen Від Inmate_Fishyy

Підліткова література

13K 673 32
Since Analiese's mother died she's been tossed around like baggage, wondering why her life has to be this way. The day she was pulled away from her m...