That Camping Trip (old versio...

By Wolflover12

Kimberly is one of those city girls who hates country folks and is failing American History class, and loves... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's notes

That Camping Trip *Watty Awards 2011*

1.3K 23 11
By Wolflover12

Yay so I'm actually writing a short story and entering it in the Watty Awards. It's going to be my first story I'm entering, so please vote. comment, and fan.

This story is about a fourteen year old city girl going camping with her family in the country. Let me just say her parents don't know much about camping and the girl 'meets' a guy in the woods. You'll read the story to understand what I mean by 'meets'.

Now I don't want to give to much away so go ahead and read and don't forget to

Comment

Fan

and

Vote.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I wonder if my parents understand 'camping'? Like I've watch movies about families going camping, the family sets up a tent next to a flowing river at sunset, then they go into the forest to gather wood for a warm fire in the clear night sky while telling ghost shories and roasting hotdogs and making smores. The next day they go hiking up a big mountain or go swimming in a lake close by, have lunch on a grassy hill, take photos of the good times they're having or of animals they see. Then it's back to camp and the guys go fishing while the girls read magizines they brought along. Then on the last day of the trip they pack everything up together and leave.

But what my parents mean by 'camping' it means...........well, um......rent a freakin' log cabin sitting next to a river and it includes everything that really isn't in a camping trip, like a pool, pricy furnishing, a kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc! Ugh, why did they have to make me leave the big city to live in a log cabin in the animal infested woods? Like come on, I don't get to see my friends for three whole days, nor the mall!! I swear this haves to be some torture because I'm failing American Histroy class. This is not going to make my grade go up!HELLO!? I really want to go back to the city, my friends are there and so is my gutiar in which my annoying parents wouldn't let me bring.

"Dame it!" I mumbled while looking down at my phone, "No service again." I said and I glared at my parents.

"Don't say those kinds of words, Kimberly." My mom told me and I rolled my eyes. We have been in this car for two hours now, and I'm getting cranky.

"Yay, Kimberly." My little brother, Joey mocked and I stuck my tongue out at him and he did it back. "Mommy! Kimberly stuck her tongue out at me!!" He cried and my mom shot me a look that said, 'I'm going to take that phone away'. I just crossed my arms and sat back in the seat. This camping trip sucks already, I just want to go home.

"WE'RE HERE!" My mom then sang out ten minutes later and I rolled my eyes and gather up a few of my things and placed them in my bag. We then pulled up to a huge cabin, I stared at it with my mouth open. The front of the house was amazing I had to say, the garden filled with colorful flowers, a mini waterfall next to the wooden door of the house, the walkway was decorated with square shaped rocks of reds and browns. A garage next to the log cabin and it also had flowers around the outside, and then close by was the river. "Don't you guys love it!" My mom said getting out and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It's nice." I lied and my mom just looked away. I have to say this place is amazing, wait I already said that.......oh,well. I went to the back of the car and pulled out my bag with my stuff in it and then my mom took my bag away from me.

"Me and your father will do this, you kids go look around." My mom then gave me a smile before heading to the house. I stared at her for a few seconds before shrugging my shoulders, pulling out my phone and texting my friends back in the city. I started to walk around in the woods randomly then I got a text from my friend Amy,

AMY: Hey girl what up? :)

ME: Nothing this camping trip is going to suck though.

AMY:True, well I'm going to the mall with my mom and some friends.

ME: I wish I was there.

AMY: Me too, But maybe you'll meet a cute guy while camping ;)

ME: HA, yay right.

AMY: Come on, you've seen them country guys in their cowboy hats in the movies.

ME: They were actors.

Amy: SOOOO, if I met a cowboy that is cute I would fall for him.

ME: There is something wrong with you.

AMY: Huh, Maybe there is.......

"Dang it!" I growled annoyed and shoved my phone back in my pocket and looking up. My phone just had to die! Like come on I was in the middle of texting a friend. I can-.......Oh, crap.....I don't know where I am...........Not good.

"This is just great!" I said kicking some leaves and I looked around to see if I could see the cabin, but I didn't see anything. I then crossed my arms and started walking, maybe I'll find my way back soon. I exhaled a breath and kept kicking leaves. "Plus my phone died." I mumbled to myself, this wouldn't of happened if my parents never make me come 'camping'. I stared down at my shoes, well more like flats until I bumped into something. "Stupid tree!" I yelled while looking at some brown bark of a tree and then I heard chuckling........Do trees chuckle? Is that even possible for a tree to freakin' chuckle? "Like trees can laugh." I said and then I heard it again, chuckling. What the heck!?! "Who's there?" I asked looking around and then I heard footsteps and the noise of leaves being crushed.

"Why should I tell you?" I heard the voice say and I crossed my arms annoyed.

"Because I'm pretty dame sure trees can't laugh." I said sarcasticlly and the voice laughed again. I heard leaves moving behind me and I was about to turn around but the person stopped me by wrapping their arm around me and covering my eyes with their hand. I'm going to kill whoever this person is, if THEY WON'T LET ME GO!

"Howdy Miss, I'm Tyler." The kid said in my ear and I growled at him. "Not what I thought ya would say." He said letting me go and I backed away from him quickly and then turned around to look at him. He looked at me with his head tilted to the right a little, had a confused expression on his face and his hands were in his jean pockets. I looked at him weird, he haves short black hair, brown eyes, and he was wearing a red and black plaid shirt with dark jeans and work boots. He had to be my age, maybe a little older. "Are ya goin' to talk?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Who are you?" I asked and he smirked.

"Tyler K. South, and ya are?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Kimberly." I said and he nodded his head.

"Kim-ber-ly." He said slowly and then he snapped his fingers and smirked again. "I'm likin' Kim without the 'ber-ly'." He said and I shook my head.

"It's Kimberly not Kim." I stated and he chuckled

"So are ya lost or something?" He asked coming up to me and I back away a bit.

"No..........maybe." I said annoyed and he laughed again.

"Don't worry I know these woods quite well, in fact I know them so well that I know the trees don't laugh either." He said patting a tree next to him and I rolled my eyes before turning around and walking that way away from this kid. "Hey, where ya goin'?" I heard him come up to me and I turned to face him.

" Away from you." I told him and he grabbed his chest and he's face changed to saddness.

"That kinda hurt me, ya know." He said and I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He then laughed again before patting my head. "I love makin' jokes." He said still laughing and I started walking again.

"Don't even follow me!" I yelled back at him and I didn't hear anything, I quickly stopped. I swallowed a lump in my throat and turned around slowly but saw he was gone. OK, now I'm scared, I'm in the middle of the woods, it's almost dark out, and who knows what animals are out here. "Tyler?" I asked but all I got in return was a stick breaking behind me. I froze, if that's Tyler I'm going to punch him. "Tyler?" I asked again and then something growled. Oh, crap that doesn't sound like Tyler. My heart started to race and I felt dizzy because I wouldn't inhale some air, I turned around-but wish I didn't because standing there was a black bear! HOLY CHEEZ!

"LOOK OUT!" I heard someone yelled behind me and the first thing I did was quickly fall to the ground and then I heard a gun go off twice and the bear growl then a loud thump. I exhaled a shakily breath and then I heard footsteps come up to me. "Ya, ok Kim?" Tyler asked and I shook my head. I almost got attacked by a bear, how do you think I feel!?

"I'm scared." I confessed and he picked me up and wrapped he's arms around me.

"I'm sorry I had to leave ya, but I had to get my rifle." He whispered and I nodded my head. "I've been trackin' that bear all day too, it's been eatin' the corn." He laughed a bit and I smiled.

"Thanks." I mumbled and I felt his chin rest on the top of my head.

" Sure thing, come on lets find your way back." He said letting go of me and grabbing his rifle off the ground. He then inspected it for a minute before nodding his head and putting another bullet in it. "So I haven't seen ya around here before, did ya move?" He asked five minutes later and I shook my head.

" Just camping, if you can call it that." I mumbled the last part and he chuckled.

"Are ya guys rentin' that huge cabin next to the river?" He asked and I looked at him confused.

"Yay why?" I asked and he pointed ahead of him. I looked over and saw the cabin a few hundred feet away.

"Well, your home. I have to go, see ya." He said patting my shoulder before running off the other way. I took a few breaths before heading to the cabin and expecting questions on why I was gone so long. Once I got to the door, I looked back at the forest before opening the door and went in.

"Kimberly! Where were you?" Was what I got from my dad once I entered. I sighed and looked around, it's pretty cool in here. Brown leather couches, a TV, paintings, a huge kitchen with a fridge, dishwasher, and microwave.

" Walking around in the woods." I mumbled and he looked at me then nodded his head.

"Don't stay out to long again, your room is upstairs at the end of the hallway." He said pointing to the stairs and I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs. I went to the end of the hallway and opened the door to my room. The room was simple, The walls were white, the carpet a light brown, the bed sheets and pillows dark brown with white flower designs and my bag was next to the bed also. Nothing else was in the room except a dresser in the corner, a mirror, and a night stand next to the bed.

"Not bad." I said grabbing my bag and took out some PJ's. I quickly changed into my black gym shorts and a dark blue tank top then plugged in my phone and got into bed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hows was my first chapter? Please Comment, Fan and Vote because I entered this in the Watty Awards and I would love it if you could and I will love all the guys who do Fan, Comment, and Vote. PRETTY PLEASE *puppy eyes*.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 2.8K 35
Β« αž αžΉαž€ αž’αŸ’αž αžΉαž€ αŸ— αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αž˜αž·αž“αž…αž„αŸ‹αž”αžΆαž“αž”αŸ‚αž”αž“αž·αž„αž‘αŸ αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αž…αž„αŸ‹αž²αŸ’αž™αž”αŸ‰αžΆαžŸαŸ’αžšαž‘αžΆαž‰αŸ‹αžαŸ’αž‰αž»αŸ†αž€αŸ’αž“αž»αž„αž“αžΆαž˜αžŸαŸ’αž“αŸαž αžΆαž˜αž·αž“αž˜αŸ‚αž“αžšαžœαžΆαž„αž”αŸ‰αžΆαž€αžΌαž“ Β» Β« αžšαžœαžΆαž„αž™αžΎαž„αž‘αŸ…αž˜αž·αž“αžšαž½αž…αž‘αŸαž‡αž»αž„αž‚αž»αž€ αž”αŸ‰αžΆαž˜αž·αž“αž”αžΆαž“αž‚αž·αžαž›αžΎαž―αž„αž›αžΎαžŸαž–αžΈαž…αŸ†αžŽαž„αž”αŸ‰...
4.8M 254K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...