This Love is Ours

由 sugarszzz16

*** It is HIGHLY recommended that you read "Shooting Stars" before this book.*** "And one thing that will for... 更多

Author's Note
Introduction
Chapter 1: The Dance of Life
Chapter 2: Equivalence
Chapter 3: Quick Clicks
Chapter 4: Stolen Kisses
Chapter 5: The Art of Love
Chapter 6: Gravitational Beauty
Chapter 7: The Truth Hidden Inside
Chapter 8: State of Grace
Chapter 9: Midnight Lovers
Chapter 10: Dark Rain & Deep Pain
Chapter 11: Clear Skies
Chapter 12: Pure Passion
Chapter 13: A Cloudless Night
Chapter 14: Gateways
Chapter 15: Moonlight Waters
Chapter 16: Lovely Losers
Chapter 17: A Vivid Presence
Chapter 18: The Moments of Night
Chapter 19: Summer Nights & City Lights
Chapter 20: Burning Hearts
Chapter 21: Diamond Light
Chapter 22: Purest Eyes
Chapter 23: Intriguing Souls
Chapter 24: Fine Summer Nights
Chapter 25: The Wild & Crazy Side
Chapter 26: A Sibling's Bond
Chapter 27: Last Kiss
Chapter 28: Wandering Minds
Chapter 29: Nostalgia
Chapter 30: The Elegance of Anticipation
Chapter 31: The Unity of Souls
Chapter 32: In Love With the Untouchable
Chapter 33: Moon Halos
Chapter 34: Mysteriously Intriguing
Chapter 35: The World is Ours
Chapter 36: Tidal Waves
Chapter 37: Familiar Faces
Chapter 38: Alive
Chapter 39: Changing Lives
Chapter 40: Time is Relative
Chapter 41: Free Falling
Chapter 42: The Unknown
Chapter 43: The Brilliance of Youth
Chapter 44: Lost & In Love
Chapter 45: Masterpiece
Chapter 46: Fathoming Thoughts
Chapter 47: The Immensity of Love
Chapter 48: Together
Chapter 49: New Love
Chapter 50: Explosions in the Sky
Chapter 51: Depth
Chapter 52: Discovering Dreams
Chapter 53: A Blissful Evening
Chapter 54: Webs of Emotions
Chapter 55: Friendships of Heart
Chapter 56: Currents Upon Oceans
Chapter 57: A Child's Heart
Chapter 58: Worlds Away
Chapter 59: State of Mind
Chapter 60: Double Joys
Chapter 61: Silence Screams
Chapter 62: A Real Beauty
Chapter 63: Rain-Washed Pasts
Chapter 64: Evening Bliss
Chapter 65: Brothers
Chapter 66: Deceiving Simplicity
Chapter 67: One for the Dagger
Chapter 68: The Kiss that Changed a Life
Chapter 69: Forest of Conscience
Chapter 70: Welcome to Reality
Chapter 71: Miracles Alone
Chapter 72: Falling From the Stars
Chapter 73: The Key to Life
Chapter 74: Balancing Simplicity
Chapter 75: Crashing Constellations
Chapter 76: Hazy Voices & Clear Minds
Chapter 78: Measurements of Time
Chapter 79: The Moment Everything Changes
Chapter 80: Little Heartbeats
Epilogue

Chapter 77: Midnight Thoughts

299 22 37
由 sugarszzz16

{Abigail}

"Thanks Pat." I giggle, as he walks towards me with the tub of chocolate ice cream and a spoon in his hand.

"You're welcome, love." He smiles, passing me the tub of ice cream, as well as the spoon.

"I really appreciate this." I say, as he sits down next to me on the couch, throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, you better." He winks, jokingly.

I laugh, as I open the tub of ice cream, and take a spoonful.

It's Friday, September 15, about 7:30 in the evening.

Together, Patrick and I made dinner for him, since I wasn't in the mood for a regular meal.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not hungry for actual food.

My pregnancy cravings kicked in, and tonight, I was really feeling some chocolate ice cream.

However, when I checked the freezer, we were completely out of ice cream.

We're never out of ice cream, but I'm pretty sure it's because I've been eating so much of it lately.

Oops.

So, of course, Pat being the absolute gentleman that he is, ran out to the corner store down the street from Trump Tower, and bought me my chocolate ice cream.

I honestly do not know what I would do without him.

My c-section is tomorrow, at 7:00AM. I think that's part of the reason that Patrick was willing to go out and buy me ice cream, to be honest.

He knows that I am nervous for tomorrow morning.

We both are.

Throughout the day today, Pat and I didn't really do much.

It was a beautiful morning, so Pat and I went on a walk through Downtown together, but we just went to Millennium Park and back.

I didn't want to walk any further, simply because walking is pretty hard for me at this point, but I still wanted to get outside at some time in the day today.

After that, Patrick's family and my family all came over to the apartment for lunch.

Pat's entire family is down in Chicago for the birth of the twins, so we invited them over for lunch.

And of course, my parents and Chris are in Chicago because they live here anyways, so we invited them here for lunch as well.

After lunch, Patrick, Chris, Pat Sr., and my dad all went somewhere together.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure where they went but they all went out together for some time with the guys.

They could all sense that Pat was pretty nervous, so they wanted to get his mind off of things by taking him out somewhere.

Apparently, Jonathan was with them too, so I think it was definitely good for Pat to see Jonny, since those two are basically married.

Seriously though, they are inseparable and ever since I first met Pat, I've always noticed that Patrick and Jonathan are really close, and honestly, quite affectionate with each other.

They have a special relationship, and a serious bromance.

It's adorable, and there's nothing quite like their relationship.

While they were out, I had some time alone with Erica, Jessica, Jackie, my mom, and Donna.

We just hung out together, and talked about a ton of different things.

We didn't even talk all that much about the c-section tomorrow, other than a few details, such as the time and stuff like that.

I didn't want to talk about it, because talking and thinking about it makes me even more nervous.

After a couple hours, the guys all came back to the apartment, and Patrick seemed significantly less tense, which was good.

Getting out with some other guys definitely helped him.

When the guys returned, all of our guests left the apartment, and we said our goodbyes until tomorrow, when there will be two more little ones in the family.

My c-section is at 7:00 in the morning, and Pat and I need to be at the hospital by 5:00 AM.

This means that we have to leave here by 4:30 AM.

My mom, as well as Donna wanted to come with Pat and I just for extra support, and as much as I appreciate their offer, I declined.

I don't want any of my family members there, until after the twins are born.

I don't even know why. I suppose it's because I want the entire experience to be shared between just Patrick and I.

Both Donna and my mom understood, so they will be visiting the hospital with the rest of our families after the twins are born.

After both of our families left the apartment, I called Chaunette and talked to her for a couple hours, while Patrick played video games on the Xbox.

We both needed some downtime, and it was really nice talking to Chaunette about other things, rather than just the delivery of the twins.

Although, we did talk about that too.

The NHL 2017-2018 regular season is approaching fast.

The pre-season, starts in about a week.

Patrick has already gone back to training camp, and the Blackhawks have been having practices for the past two weeks, so things have gotten pretty busy.

Thankfully, the Hawks have these next four or five days off, which worked out perfectly with the timing of the c-section.

I've seen Dr. Nolan twice in the past two weeks, simply for her to check to see if the twins are still doing well, and if there are any other conditions that Dr. Thomas, my obstetrician, needs to know about for the delivery.

After a couple hours of talking with Chaun, Pat and I made dinner, he ate, I found out that we didn't have any ice cream, and then Patrick ran out to go get it, which leads us to where we are now.

We're watching The Big Bang Theory together on the couch in the TV room.

I take my next spoonful of ice cream, and close my eyes as it melts in my mouth.

It's delicious, and it really hits the spot as to what I've been craving.

"Thank-you, Patrick, I don't know what I would do without you. This is delicious." I laugh, as I swallow.

He rests his hand on my thigh, smiling at me from the spot beside me on the couch.

"I don't know what you would do without me, either." He smirks, running a hand through his curls.

I laugh, and cuddle in closer to Pat, resting my head in the nook of his shoulder.

I can smell his cologne, and his arm around me is protective and safe.

"You know," Pat says, his voice deep and comforting.

"What's up?" I ask, swallowing another spoonful of ice cream.

"Honestly, I'm super, super excited for the twins, and all that. Like, really, I am. I'm anxious, but I'm overjoyed, and I can't wait to meet the twins, and you know that," Pat says, swallowing.

"Yeah, I do." I say, gesturing for him to continue.

"But I'm also really excited for you to not be pregnant anymore so that we can fuck again." Pat laughs, biting his lip.

I cough, nearly spitting out my ice cream at his last comment.

I sit up and swallow, nearly choking, and then burst out laughing.

"Oh my God, Pat." I laugh, shaking my head.

"What?" He laughs, his mouth partly open and his eyebrows raised.

His curls are loose, and he runs a hand through them, his blue eyes shining in the autumn evening light that pours through the window.

"You're ridiculous." I laugh, shaking my head.

"But seriously, though. You can't honestly admit that you don't miss sex." Pat says, tilting his head slightly.

I roll my eyes playfully, getting up from the couch to go grab a glass of water from the kitchen.

He slaps my ass as I walk away, and I laugh, shaking my head.

"No, Abby, I'm dead serious!" Pat calls, from the TV room.

"I know you are, Pat!" I giggle, as I fill up a glass of ice water, and make my way back to the couch, plopping down beside him.

It's true though; I do miss sex.

Pat and I have only had it maybe twice my entire pregnancy.

Before I got pregnant, Pat and I were doing it weekly (more during our honeymoon, oops) because we were newlyweds, and we didn't have anything else to do.

Don't get me wrong, it was extremely enjoyable, and I honestly do miss it.

But your sex drive just goes downhill, when you're pregnant.

I'm sure it will come back after the birth of the twins, but at that point, Patrick and I aren't going to be able to have sex as often, because, one, the NHL season will be back and Pat won't be at home very often, and two, when he is home, we have two babies to look after.

I know that we'll find time for it, but I'm just saying it might not be as much as before.

But with Patrick, you honestly just never know.

He finds ways.

Always.

I roll my eyes, laughing as I think about it.

"Just admit, that you miss it. I mean, how can you not miss the Sugar Kane or the Kaner Shuffle?" Pat winks, smirking.

My jaw drops, and I slap his shoulder lightly.

"Patrick!" I cry, laughing.

"What?" He asks, smiling.

"I told you to never repeat those out loud." I say, widening my eyes.

"Uhm, we're alone right now, Abby..." Pat points out, looking around the apartment.

I sigh, laughing.

"Goddamn you're annoying as fuck." I say, kissing him on the cheek gently.

The "Kaner Shuffle" and the "Sugar Kane" were terms invented by Patrick and I somewhere along in our sex life.

I don't even remember how those terms came about, but I'm not going to go into too much detail about what they mean, because, well... just because.

"Okay, and yes, I admit, I do miss sex, but after the twins are born, my sex drive will surely return, and we can get back to having it, alright?" I ask, furrowing the curls at the back of Pat's neck.

"I'll be waiting for that day," Pat winks, shrugging.

"I'm joking, Abbers. Whenever you're ready." He says, his voice gentle.

I smile down at my lap, eating another spoonful of ice cream.

I cuddle up next to Patrick, and he throws his arm around me, resting his large hand on my ass.

"Thanks Pat." I say, quietly.

And with that, Patrick and I continue watching our episode of The Big Bang Theory.

We watch two episodes, and by the time that both of those are over, it's about 8:30 in the evening.

Patrick and I both have to be up by 3:45 tomorrow morning, to get ready, shower, change, Patrick has to have a bite to eat, and then leave for the hospital.

Therefore, Pat and I both agreed that going to bed earlier than usual, is a good idea.

The second episode finishes, and Patrick grabs the remote, turning off the TV.

Only a few slivers of natural light are left in the apartment, coming from the vast sky outside the floor-to-ceiling windows.

I bite my lip, sighing as the silence in the apartment, engulfs Pat and I entirely.

"Well, I guess we should head up." Pat says, sighing.

"Yeah, we probably should." I say, nodding.

And despite what both of us have just said, neither of us move.

We sit locked in place, cuddled up with each other.

I think we are both realizing that tonight is the last night of our lives, where it will be just Patrick and I.

From tomorrow on, there are always going to be others.

Two more, as a matter of a fact.

And they will always be more important; they will always be the top priority.

Everything that happens in this relationship, will no longer make me think about how this will affect Pat and I, but how it will affect our children.

Our children.

Jesus Christ.

It's a big step.

Huge, actually.

"Come on Abbers, let's go. You need rest, love. You have a big day tomorrow." Pat says, getting up, and taking my hand.

I nod, exhaling deeply.

I stand up, and Pat and I make our way over to the kitchen where I put the tub of chocolate ice cream back in the freezer.

With that, Pat and I head upstairs to our room, where we both change and get ready for bed.

After about ten minutes, both of us get into our bed, the crispness of the cool sheets pleasant against my skin.

I lie down on my back, adjusting my pillow, and pulling the sheets up to just above my baby bump.

Pat lies beside me, and he claims my hand in his, intertwining our fingers.

"You're going to be okay, Abby. I promise." He says, quietly.

I nod, swallowing.

"I'm just freaking out." I admit, laughing.

He rolls over onto his side, and looks straight at me.

I can't lie on my side very easily because of my huge baby bump, but I turn my head to look at Pat.

The room is dark, but the blue in his eyes shine in a way that overcomes all kind of darknesses.

They are the eyes that I fell in love with, that very first night.

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, and kisses my forehead gently.

"This love is ours." He says, quietly.

"This love is ours." I reply, smiling.

"Now you need to go to sleep, okay? You're going to be exhausted, and you need to sleep while you can." Pat laughs, kissing the back of my hand.

"You're right. And so do you." I remind him, smiling.

He nods, and smiles.

And after just a few minutes, Pat's breathing goes steady, and I know that he has fallen asleep.

I've always envied his ability to fall asleep so easily.

Seriously, that kid could fall asleep basically anywhere.

I close my eyes to shut off the world, but I can't shut off my mind.

My thoughts spiral around continuously, and I can't seem to turn them off.

I lie like this for a long time.

Hours, probably.

I've changed positions, managing to roll over onto my side, so that I'm facing the floor-to-ceiling window at the end of the room.

And now, I can't seem to close my eyes either.

My mind is exploring, and I am much too wide awake.

Pat has pulled himself closer to me, but he still sleeps quietly.

I glance at the clock.

Midnight.

My midnight thoughts have a tendency to be either the most beautiful, or the darkest.

But right now, I'm not really sure what they are.

I just know that I can't shut them off.

I sigh, feeling Patrick's body pressed up against my back.

His arms are cocooning me, and one of his hands rests on my large baby bump.

I lie on my side, continuing to stare out the floor-to-ceiling window at the end of the room.

The skyline is glimmering, the crescent moon sits boldly above the city, and a few dimly lit stars dance through the night.

I smile, watching the stars move through the sky, as I feel the rising and falling of Pat's chest against my back.

With each rise and fall, I can hear his light breathing.

I watch the stars, letting my mind escape and wander for a few more moments.

I truly do believe that if people sat outside and watched the stars each night, everyone would be a different person than the one they are now. When looking into infinity, you realize that there are more important things.

Much larger things, beyond the ability of any human-being's comprehension.

I sigh, lightly, still smiling.

In a few hours, everything will change.

Not one damn thing, will be the same.

My world will change right in front of my eyes, and I will watch as it does.

But Christ, it will be the absolute most beautiful damn change I will ever experience, in my entire life.

And I'm not going to lie, I am afraid.

I'm excited, but I'm also anxious.

Thinking about everything... it's a lot to take in.

Suddenly, Pat pulls me tighter into his arms, as he lies, still fast asleep.

I giggle lightly, as the rising and falling of his chest against my back grows more vivid.

I smile, thinking about Pat being a dad.

The dad to my children.

God, I can't believe it's been almost seven years since I met him. I never knew that he would become such a huge part of my world, changing it for the better.

He was the one person that made me forget about my past, and start dreaming about my future.

I replay the moment that we first met in my mind, and I bite my lip to keep myself from smiling uncontrollably.

His handshake gave me chills, his smile had me daydreaming in moments, and his eyes...

Christ, his eyes.

To this day, I still don't have the words to describe the way his eyes make me feel.

That evening we met, his presence gave me the beautiful kind of butterflies.

And now, the butterflies he used to give me, turned into tiny little feet.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

332K 3.9K 46
Charlie wasn't looking for love, but when she gets a job as a trainer for the Chicago Blackhawks, will love find her?
4.7K 98 19
Patrick Kane relives his and Jonathan Toews's relationship as Jonathan fights for his life.
63.4K 875 58
Jonathan Toews has always known what he was going to do. He was going to be one of the best hockey players in the world and no one would stop him. By...
62.4K 1.5K 37
"You need to decide if it's worth your time to keep holding on." - Copyright @brendan-gallagher. All Rights Reserved ® 2015 - Started on: 11...