Alice of Human Sacrifice || ✔

By FluffyFluffBubble

Story status: FINALLY DONE. EDITING. I have no excuses except K-Pop, school, and procrastinating happened. I'... More

~Alice of Human Sacrifice (Kuroshitsuji and Vocaloid Crossover)~
~Notes: Manors and Mansions~
~Prologue~
~Chapter One: The First Alice~
~Chapter Two: The Second Alice~
~Chapter Three: The Third Alice~
~Chapter Four: The Fourth Alice/s~
~Chapter Five: Her name is 'Alice'; Day One~
~Chapter Six, One: A Day of Mysteries, Knives, and Secrets; Day Two~
~Chapter Six, Two: Her Memories; Nightmares~
~Chapter Seven, One: A Day of Zipped Lips, Pasts, and Wits; Day Three~
~Chapter Seven, Two: Her Thoughts; Him~
~Chapter Eight, One: A Day of Feelings, Empty Beds, and a Diary; Day Four~
~Chapter Eight, Two: Her Heart; For Him to Read~
~Chapter Ten, One: A Day of Anticipation, Worries, and Doubts; Day Six~
~Chapter Ten, Two: Her Fear; ####~
~Chapter Eleven: A Day of Waiting, Suffering, and Truths; Day Seven~
~Chapter Twelve: A Day of Endings, Revelations, and Goodbyes~
~Epilogue~
~Timeline~
DONE
Author's Note

~Chapter Nine: A Day of Suspicions, Questions, and Tears; Day Five~

186 12 0
By FluffyFluffBubble

It's the fifth day, was my first thought of the day. Waking up suddenly and finding that I can't go back to sleep, I stared at the roof of my four-poster bed, breathing deeply.

The countdown is still counting and moving.

The only way to find out who the murderer is to see their face, huh.

I sighed and put an arm over my eyes. It's not that I'm nervous; I've been to more near-death experiences already, and this is one of them. Besides, Sebastian can't let me die until he's filled his role in our contract, and I haven't found the people who attacked me yet.

Cakes, sweets, candies, cupcakes, lollipops. Cakes, sweets, candies, cupcakes, lollipops. Cakes, sweets, candies, cupcakes, lollipops. I forced myself to think of those to keep myself from having a panic attack, taking deep breaths and imagining those. I still can't think of those without having a difficulty to breathe.

A knock came on the door and my stomach rumbled. I blushed a bit and sat up, hoping the person on the other side of the door won't hear, and that person is probably Sebastian. "Come in." I put my legs over the edge of my bed, and the door opened.

And Sebastian it was. He looked surprised to see me up and I narrowed my eyes at him, daring him to talk.

And he did take the challenge. "My, young master, you're up early. I thought I had to wake you up again today." He smiled and I glared at him. "And I see I won't have to prepare the bath beforehand, please wait here, young master. Breakfast can come after the bath, so please try to be patient." Then he went off to the bathroom to prepare the said bath. I laid back down, my legs dangling from the bed, my arms above my head, and I continued to look at the roof of my bed.

I still can't get Alice out of my mind. Just where did she go last night? Why isn't she in her room? Is she doing something that she doesn't want me to know? Doing something behind my back? What did she do?

I pursed my lips and sighed. It's no use asking these to myself. I won't get any answers. Only one thing to do.

I have to ask her.

>>><<<

After I got ready for the day, I went into my study, deciding to return to the mansion after lunch.

On my way to the study, I saw Alice cleaning a vase in her arms with a troubled look on her face. The hand which was clutching a rag slowed down and she was left staring at the flowers, her eyebrows furrowed.

My eyebrows did the same as well. I called out to her. "Alice."

She took a sharp inhale and looked at me with her eyes wide. "A--ah, Master Ciel! I was just, um, just cleaning." She hastily cleaned the vase she was holding and she dusted its place on a post, before putting the vase on top.

I frowned. Didn't I tell her to call me 'Ciel'? What happened? "Alice, is there something you are not telling me?"

She looked at me, fear clearly on her face, her hands trembling. I saw her swallow and tears are gathering in her eyes.

What?

I approached her and she shrunk away when I tried to grab her shoulders. "Alice, let us go to my study. That's right, everything is fine. Come on, try not to trip. One step at a time." I slowly took her arm and guided her towards my study. She's shaking terribly, breathing heavily, and it looks like she's trying not to cry. What had happened last night?

I opened the door to my study, went in with her, and let her sit on one of the chairs in front of my desk. I didn't sit on my own chair, instead I crouched in front of her. I called out to her until she looked at me, dry sobs shaking her shoulders. "Alice, can you tell me what is wrong?" I tried asking her again.

She buried her face in her hands. "Red eyes." She mumbled. I leaned in closer. "Red eyes." She repeated. What is it with red eyes?

"Try to explain please." I hold her wrists and she looked at me with wet eyes. I was taken aback. Is she... crying?

"It is coming, I know it. The red eyes is behind the murders, and now it's coming after you too. I cannot let that happen. You have to go far away from here, Ciel, before it gets to you. Please." She closed her eyes and let her tears flow uncontrollably, her hands clenched on her lap, my hands still clasping her wrists.

What does this mean? Is 'red eyes' the 'little dream'? I have read about it before, that she was seeing them from the day she was lost until today...

... and she was gone last night as well. Was she taken by the red eyes? Where?

"Listen, Alice, is that all? What happened last night?" I grabbed her shoulders and she hiccuped, looked at me with tears.

"Last... night?" She managed to choke out. I nodded. I need to know what happened last night. "I... do not know." I widened my eyes.

"What do you mean you do not know? Don't you remember anything at all?" I pressed and she shook her head frantically.

She grabbed her head as if she's hurt there and I released her wrists. "All I remember was that last night, as I was about to get my notebook, my head suddenly hurt and someone grabbed me by my wrists and pinned me down the bed. I tried to fight back and see who had attacked me, but I cannot see anything. Everything was dark. I tried to scream but no sound came out. Then I heard sinister laughing, and before I passed out, I saw the red eyes and its manic grin. The next thing I knew, it was already morning, and I was wearing my nightgown and sleeping below the covers." She hugged herself. "I could have tried something to make it go away, but it was too strong, I could not do anything."

My head took a while to process what she said. "Take deep breaths. Calm down. Let yourself breathe." She took a deep breath and exhaled shakily, doing what I said. "You were attacked. Was the voice a man, or a woman?" I put my hands over hers, wanting her to calm down. This is getting confusing, but one thing I know.

Alice is not the murderer.

But it's possible that 'little dream' is using her just for this.

She shook her head. "The voice was too deep to be a woman's but too high to be a man's. It was smooth, and cruel, as well." She shook her head again, calling down just a bit. I pursed my lips. We stayed silent for while, with Alice calming down and wiping her tears away. She looked at me and tried to say something, but I cut her off.

"You need to sleep and rest." I said finally. She widened her eyes.

"But Ciel--"

"No buts. You look tired, and rest will you more good than cleaning the whole house."

"What if--"

"I will tell Sebastian to watch over you and wake you up if you are having nightmares."

She pursed her lips, considering it. Then she sighed finally. "All right." I stood up from my crouch, my legs aching. She followed, standing up, clutching her skirt. "Ciel, please consider what I said, you have to go. And... I should not be involved with you any longer." She looked down. I sighed.

"No."

She looked up, startled. "What?"

I looked directly at her and she averted her gaze. "No, I won't go away, and I will not let you go just like that. It is nice to have you around, and I will help you with your past." I told her firmly, and at the mention of her past, she looked at me again. "Besides, if I go without solving the murders, there might be more victims, so I cannot just leave it like that."

She sighed and looked away to the door, saying nothing. Finally she said, "Pray excuse me." I nodded, even though she can't see me.

"Of course." She started towards the door and I grabbed her wrist to stop her. She didn't look at me. "And do not worry about me, I will be fine. Have some trust in me at least." I let go of her after that. She continued to the door and went out.

She lingered at the doorway and I furrowed my eyebrows in question. She turned at me with her fear and worry directed at me. "I am so sorry." Then she went out and closed the door behind her, leaving me with my eyebrows raised high, still in confusion.

What was that about?

Why is she apologising?

>>><<<

As I said to Alice, I told Sebastian to check on her for the rest of the morning and I continued to sign the remaining papers on my desk before eating lunch.

Sebastian told me Alice had a nightmare, but he woke her up before she would cry. He said she only stared at him incredulously and sighed, exhausted. After eating lunch, I told Sebastian that we're leaving in an hour and that he should tell Alice to eat her lunch and pack her things.

Even after I finished signing and stacking my papers, the 'red eyes' thing is still bugging me.

Is 'little dream' a girl, or a boy? A man, or a woman? Just who is it? I can't suspect Sebastian (because of the red eyes), since I especially told him not to betray me, and that's the only thing keeping him on leash.

I don't know anyone else who has red eyes.

Can't the day hurry up? I want to capture that blasted 'little dream' and put them behind bars.

I frowned.

But it's highly possible that the culprit is not human, and most likely a demon. Again, I can't suspect Sebastian, since he always tells me that my soul is the one he'd been waiting for a long time. And Alice is out of the list, she's a victim here too.

How did the 'red eyes' get to Alice? If anything, Sebastian should have felt their presence. They must be that powerful that he can't even sense them.

So then Alice says she can't remember anything and woke up without knowing what had happened. No memories of leaving the townhouse, no nothing.

Just what really happened?

I need to look into Alice's information, and hopefully, I will find out who she really is. I'll send Sebastian out after we've returned to the mansion.

It's just that something is nagging at the back of my mind, and I can't quite put a finger on it.

I guess I'll just have to find out later.

>>><<<

Sebastian had telephoned the others who were back at the mansion, so they should have prepared the mansion by then.

Alice was still out of it. She was staring outside the carriage all the time, grief and... an unreadable expression on her face. It's clear that she hates the situation as it is.

I do too.

I don't like seeing her that way.

My mood dropped as well. The atmosphere within the carriage was... heavy.

"Ciel," she called and I looked at her, "I... I am going to protect you. I won't let 'little dream' get to you. If it could, it would be over my dead body." With her face set in determination, she looked straight into my eyes. Uh, eye.

I frowned. "You won't have to do that Alice--"

"But I want to. I just... want to." She looked pained and she looked away, her fringe covering her face from me. "I feel like it is my fault. Forgive me."

"No, don't--"

"Please Ciel, at least let me say sorry. The red eyes has been with me for two years, and I feel that it likes to torment me by using the people I have grown close to. I... I think it really wants me dead."

"Why do you say that? It should have sent the letter to you if that was the case."

"I... I don't know. I just know it."

"Are you not telling me something?"

She didn't answer. She really is keeping something from me.

But what?

I'm getting frustrated.

>>><<<

When we arrived, Alice immediately gathered her bags and left for her room.

I don't know if I should be upset or glad.

I can't help it but I'm starting to doubt her. After all, the case is not yet closed, and everyone can be a suspect.

So many questions, only little time to find them out.

But why is she crying?

Am I...that important?

...I hate waiting.

I'm bored.

...Everything will be fine.

The day passed without any more interactions between Alice and I. I continued to sign the papers that came, I had tea, and I went to bed, but I didn't feel at least a little tired.

And just like that, the day ended. How...uneventful.

I bet tomorrow is going to be a very long day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.4K 55
[CIEL × OC] Book 1 (of 3 currently) Claire was a young girl when a tragic event changed her life forever. She is put through many things that scar h...
284K 10.5K 31
The sun beat down on my skin, my tattered clothes showed parts of skin that where exposed to it's harmful rays. My bare feet sunk into the ground, th...
45.1K 1.4K 21
Black Butler, Sebastian x Ciel fanfic. (I don't own this manga/anime, only my own fantasies about it) -THIS BOOK IS TO BE READ FIRST BEFORE THE CAGED...
30.8K 706 47
You're the protagonist , your name is Haruka Yukimura. You're born from a samurai family, you lived a happy life until your house was burnt by a fire...