Curse Those Onyx Eyes and Tha...

By Marshall313

Mari Emiko, and Akatsuki member, suddenly finds herself in the biggest situation yet. The Sasuke situation. Y... More

Prologue - Meeting Him in the Field
Chapter 1 - Six Years Later, Akatsuki's Child is Sent Away
Chapter 2 - Meeting The Emo
Chapter 3 - The Note
Chapter 4 - Assigned With Those Two Boys? Perfect
Chapter 5 - Die
Chapter 6 - Differences Attract
Chapter 7 - The Real Mission
Chapter 8 - Sharing A Bed With The Uchiha
Chapter 9 - Brought Back From The Dead
Chapter 10 - Akatsuki's Decision And Kabuto
Chapter 12 - The Secrets And Death Of Mari?
Chapter 13 - The Agreement
Chapter 14 - Just Having Fun
Chapter 15 - Chunin Exams Results
Chapter 16 - The Worst Day
Chapter 17 - Unwanted
Chapter 18 - Brother Vs. Brother
Chapter 19 - Hatred
Chapter 20 - Goodbye Kiss

Chapter 11 - The Truth Comes Out

532 6 2
By Marshall313

*Itachi's POV*

I jumped from branch to branch, keeping my eyes forward and forward only.

I sighed. It's been 3 days since me and Kisame left for Konoha. We've stopped numerous times to rest and eat, so it's taking some time.

But I'm fine with that. Actually, I'm the one who keeps stalling us. I want to give Mari and Sasuke some time with each other before I take her back...

I just hope she doesn't betray us. I can't kill her. She's like a little sister.

Kisame stopped and so did I on the same branch. "We should get something to eat."

Kisame growled. "At this rate, we'll get to Konoha in a week!"

I glared at him. "What difference will it make?" Well, I did have a point.. He smirked. "Fine."

We walked to a tea shop.

*Mari's POV*

We all walked to the Main Tower, actually really close to it. We had a Heaven Scroll because we got an Earth Scroll in the beginning. We stole the Heaven Scroll from another team. Oh, that was funny.

The Forest of Death isn't really that scary.

Except when we met Orochimaru.

@Flashback@

I watched as Sasuke fought Orochimaru. Itachi's former Akatsuki partner, and Kabuto's master. Orochimaru bit Sasuke on the neck, and Sasuke fell unconscious like Naruto who had been knocked out earlier.

I growled at Orochimaru as he sunk back into the branch. I flash-stepped to him and pulled on his head, flinging him over my shoulder. He landed gracefully on the branch

I appeared behind Sakura and hit a pressure point on her neck. She instantly knocked out, and I glared at Orochimaru.

"So. How do you know I'm in the Akatsuki if you're not in it anymore?" I demanded, and he chuckled darkly.

"Silly Mari."

I glared at him even more, and he grinned. "That's for me to know, and for you not to worry about."

I growled. "Son of a--" I gasped in pain, then collapsed to my knees, clutching my arm. He bit my arm, through my sleeve.

W

T

F?!

I glanced up to glare at him, but he was gone. I soon passed out too.

Sakura shook me awake and I slowly opened my eyes to find her bleeding and crying. I shot up and saw Sasuke with purple Chakra around him.

"You're next," he said, glancing over at the last enemy ninja standing.

He took a step closer to the dude, but I sprang up, ignoring the pain I felt, and ran to the raven. I wrapped my arms around his back, and he instantly stopped. He fell to the ground and stared at his hand. I remained hugging him.

@Flashback over@

I started to think about the writing section in the Chunin exams.

The questions in the written test of the Chunin exams were so freaking easy!!

I had like, an hour to just sleep after I finished it until a half-naked women crashed through the window.

We limped, Sakura helping Naruto and me helping Sasuke.

We kept walking until we ran into Kabuto.

*Itachi's POV*

We started to walk again after our tea break.

"So, Itachi, what would you do if Mari betrays?"

I raised an eyebrow at him.

He chuckled. "I mean, if she betrays, would you kill her, or should I?"

I wanted to yell, "Don't you dare lay a hand on her" but of course I didn't.

"I'll kill her," I said. if she betrays Akatsuki and I don't then my whole life's plan could be messed up. Sasuke is my real sibling. I've killed my whole clan except for him, I can kill another loved one. I can handle killing Mari.

But Sasuke is no exception. I will never kill him.

2 days passed and we approached the Konoha Gates. The guards squinted their eyes at us and we disappeared, leaving them with no evidence. They shook it off.

We hopped from branch to branch silently around the gates, entering the Hidden Leaf.

Ah, home sweet home...

*Mari's POV*

We sat down in the Main Tower. We finished the test, getting both the Heaven and Earth scroll. Iruka Sensei appeared and we all greeted him. He said stuff I really couldn't care less about.

I then had a strange feeling.

Itachi...?

No, that's not possible, right?

If so, then why would he be here?

He can't be.

No. He's not.

I shrugged off the feeling, even though I still had it. Okay, yes, Itachi was here. Well, is here.

We walked out of the Main Tower and to the Hokage's office.

The Old Man told us that the third stage of the Chunin Exams will be in a month and that it was to battle another ninja.

Yippee.

I walked home with Sasuke, enjoying the silence, until he broke it. "Why were you talking to Kabuto?"

I smirked at him. "We all talked to Kabuto, dude."

"No, I mean when we first arrived at the Chunin exams," he snapped, and I remembered Kabuto telling me that he knew I was in the Akatsuki.

"Oh, I just uh..." I stopped when I saw a way to familiar pair of red eyes staring at me and Sasuke in the shadows. Sasuke stared at me in worry and confusion, and I turned to him. "I gotta go."

I ran to my house and he ran after me. He grabbed my arm, right where Orochimaru had placed the curse mark. He couldn't see it though because the mark left there was covered by my sleeve, but I still flinched in pain and he loosened his grip. "You have one too?"

"One what?" I asked confused, and he rolled my sleeve up before I could stop him and pointed at the curse mark.

The curse mark was three slightly curved lines, very skinny. I looked at Sasuke's neck and his looked like commas; three of them. So there's different types of seals.

I corressed his neck where the curse mark is, and he stared down on me with a soft expression. Then, I couldn't help myself. I slowly wrapped my arms around his neck and gently pressed my lips against his.

I felt him wrap his arms around my waist, and I closed my eyes. I was gong to enjoy this for as long as I can.

Fine. I'll admit it. I'm in love with Sasuke Uchiha.

Curse those onyx eyes and that raven-black hair.

*Sasuke's POV*

I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed back.

Okay, I'll be honest with myself.

I'm in love with Mari Emiko.

*Itachi's POV*

I knew it. They're in love. I'm so happy for them, but obviously, Kisame isn't.

Kisame charged out of the bush that we were in that gave us a good view of the two kids, and he aimed a kick at Mari. Idiot.

*Mari's POV*

My eyes snapped open and I pushed Sasuke back. He bumped into a tree bark and I jumped back onto a tree branch, dodging Kisame's kick.

I totally forgot they were even there!

God, now I feel stupid!

I glared at him. "I knew you two were here."

I jumped down from the tree branch and landed gracefully on the ground. Kisame smirked at me. "So Mari, how could you fall for a brat like him?"

I gritted my teeth. "Why are you blue?" Ha, he was speechless on that one.

Itachi slowly walked out of the bush and I couldn't see what he was looking at. His eyes seemed to be jumping all over the place, but they were blood red; the Sharingan.

I looked to Sasuke's direction. He was glaring at Itachi.

I heard the footsteps of three. I looked to see Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura all running to Sasuke's aid, but Kakashi came to me.

Kisame retreated back to Itachi side and grinned. "Just what we need."

Itachi humphed. I looked over to Sasuke. He moved his face into a position where I couldn't see his eyes, but I knew it was the Sharingan.

Kisame also noticed that too. "You two look alike. So you guys really are brothers, eh..?" Kisame said while grinning, and Sasuke shot him a death glare even Itachi can't beat.

Sasuke brought out a kunai and ran for Itachi, but I disappeared and reappeared in front of him, and he skidded to a stop. I could feel Kisame and Itachi watching, trying to predict what I would do.

If I would abandon Akatsuki, or Sasuke.

In one split second, Sasuke was on the ground. If you even blinked, you would've missed me kick him.

But Itachi and Kisame didn't miss it.

"Sasuke!" Naruto and Sakura called, and Sasuke shakily got up. He stared at me in confusion, and so did Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi.

Kisame grinned evilly and Itachi kept his poker face on.

"So, you're not abandoning Akatsuki?"

I turned to Kisame with a death glare. "Why did you think I would?" I demanded in a threatening voice.

"Mari," Itachi warned, and I turned back to Team 7.

Sasuke glared at me, and Naruto had a confused look on his face. Sakura's look was scared, and Kakashi had a poker face.

"So you're part of the Akatsuki... I should've known. A Genin can't be that strong," he said, recalling back onto the times I beat the crap out of people.

I grinned. "Hell yea. Itachi's partner, actually. How you like them apples, Sasuke?" I smirked at him. It honestly hurt me to see him tighten his fist like he wanted to kill me.

I disappeared and reappeared behind Naruto, our backs touching. "Oh well. I guess I'll just leave then," I said, and before Kakashi could attack, I jabbed Naruto in a Chakrapoint, and he fell backwards unconsciously. I grabbed him by the collar and threw him over to Kisame who caught Cat-boy with his wrapped-up sword.

"Naruto!" Sakura called, and my eye twitched. I flash-stepped to her and punched her clear in the face. "You annoy me so much.."

"Mari. Enough. Let's go," Itachi said, and I turned to him.

"Nah, I'm just having fun," I said, and Kakashi appeared behind me, holding a kunai to my throat.

"Move and you die."

I grinned. "Kill me, and you're surely dead," I said, and he raised a visible eyebrow. He pulled back so the Kunai could slit my throat, but I turned into a water clone.

My real self appeared behind Sasuke. He swung around to face me, and I grinned. "Now, you're the only challenge," I said, and he tightened his grip on his kunai.

I did quick hand-signs and an Earth sword appeared in my hands. "Go 'head. Strike."

He threw his kunai and I easily dodged it by moving an inch to the right.

What are you dong? You love him! How could you just try to kill him like this?! my inner self demanded.

And you know he loves you too! So what are you dong?!

I gritted my teeth, rethinking this whole thing.

If I betray the Akatsuki, they'll kill me for sure. If I betray Sasuke, I lose the love of my life. I looked over to Kisame and my eyes traveled to the unconscious Naruto on his sword.

Urghghghghghgh!

What the hell do I do?!

I was so lost in thought I didn't even sense Sasuke coming in for a kick. I merely blocked it, still feeling the pain. He jumped back.

*Sasuke's POV*

I aimed a kick at her, but she blocked it. I jumped back and landed easily on the ground and glared at her, even though it hurt me so much to try to kill her.

I love her. I know I do, but why?

I've never fallen in love with anyone before, and I once swore I would never, so what's different about this one?

I remembered everything we've been through.

All the memories just flashed in my head.

She's just different for so many reasons.

1) She's not an obsessed, annoying fan girl.

2) She treats me just like everyone else

3) She's the funniest person I've ever met. I mean, every time I'm around her, I want to smile. She makes me actually want to laugh, but I always hold it in.

4) She's just full-on brave. Not many people can swear to their Sensei, not many people would risk their life to go to Konoha even if they are an Akatsuki member, because if the village found out, they would kill her.

Akatsuki member! Fuck! I forgot about that. She works with Itachi. I'm supposed to hate her.

Yes I just can't. I just can't stop loving her.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and turned to Itachi, a death glare on my face, and the Sharkboy chuckled.

Mari glared at me, and I turned to her and returned the glare, then turned back to my "Nii-san" and brought out a kunai slowly.

"Sasuke!" Kakashi called, but I didn't look at him. "Don't! Take Mari down and protect Sakura. I'll fight them and save Naruto."

I glared at him. No way is he killing Itachi.

Mari grinned. "Like you could beat Itachi-sama. He'll kick yo ass," she said, and I turned to her.

"Fight her, Sasuke. Leave Itachi and Kisame to me. You're not ready to fight him yet," he said, and my eye twitched. Thanks, Kakashi, that makes me feel so good.

I ignored his orders and ran for Itachi, but Mari kicked me to a tree. "You know, you should really listen to your Sensei," she threatened, and I got up from the ground.

How can I still love her?

*Mari's POV*

I kicked Sasuke to a tree when he launched for Itachi, and Kakashi went for the older Uchiha. I turned back to Sasuke.

I flash-stepped to him and attacked, and he merely blocked it.

He tried again to attack Itachi, but like the other time, I stopped him.

The fights went on. Kakashi vs. Itachi, Guy vs. Kisame and me vs. Sasuke.

Yes, Guy Sensei had shown up, and Kisame left Naruto motionless on the ground. Sakura was watching all of us helplessly.

I had no scratches or cuts or bruises on me. I can't say the same for Sasuke, though...

I watched Itachi's fight with Kakashi, then turned back to find a hard-breathing Sasuke. I grinned when Sasuke charged at me.

I grabbed his wrist and twisted it. He fell to the ground and I pinned him down. His head was facing the ground, so that meant that his back was to me. I took his arm and placed it behind his back and pushed down so his stomach hit the hard ground. He growled in pain, and I pinned him exactly how Kakashi pinned him in the survival test we had.

Those memories flashed in my head. Naruto dangling from a tree, Sakura fainting, and Sasuke's head sticking out of the ground.

Oh.

Good times.

I realized that a bond has grew. A bond between me and Team 7. A bond between me and Konoha. A bond between me and Sasuke, though I already know that.

I looked over at Itachi and Kisame, and KIsame looked back at me and gave me that "Kill him" look, and Itachi kept his poker face on, so I couldn't understand what he wanted me to do.

I sighed. Betray who?

Who?

Who?!

I slowly took out a kunai, and put it to Sasuke's neck. He looked up at me, not in anger, but a look I've never seen him have before.

I stared at him.

'Just kill me already.'

Those words played over and over again in my head. I don't know where it came from, but when I looked deeper into Sasuke's eyes, I saw that he had been the one who thought it.

The kunai was still to his neck when I heard an all to familiar voice scream out my name, telling me to stop.

No. Impossible.

I turned and so did Sasuke, to see a standing Naruto, getting support from a tree bark.

It then hit me.

I love Sasuke, and there's only one reason why.

He's the best person I've ever met.

In other words, he can't be replaced.

It's not just his looks, even though his raven-black hair and onyx eyes are easy to look at. It's also just how he treats me. Just how he is.

"Mari!" Kakashi and Sakura called now, and I stayed in my position and looked down at Sasuke, keeping the Kunai to his neck.

I slowly brought the kunai from his neck to his cheek, and cut it slighly, blood trickling out of his left cheek were I cut him with the knife.

I finally chose who to betray to the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took me all day to write this so you better fucking comment and vote because if you don't then I will die. >:D

Who do you think Mari chose to betray, huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? Huh? HUH?!

Go 'head, guess. xP

Anyway, I AM MASTER OF OCEAN AND SKY. I AM--

Itachi: Why won't you shut up?

Me: 'Cuz maybe I don't feel like it! >:P

Sasuke: Yea, she doesn't feel like it, so back off!

Me: YOU GO, GIRL!

Sasuke: WHAT?!

Me: *runs away laughing evilly* MWAHAHA *COUGH* I'M FINE.

P.S. Go to ForeverWeSaid's profile and read her stories! They're awesome! :D

I know, I changed the POVs a lot. XD

Oh, and Mari's curse mark looks just like Kimimaro's. XD

I can't post pics on this story (google sucks ass) so just look up "Narutopedia" on google.com and then search up "Cursed Seal of Earth" and it'll show the curse mark that Mari and Kimimaro have. xP

Anyway, comment and vote or i'll die. ^.~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

813K 18.6K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC