Chapter 12 - The Secrets And Death Of Mari?

I jumped off of Sasuke and he immediately got up and whipped out a kunai.

He glared at me and I glared at Itachi and Kisame.

"What are you doing? Why didn't you kill him? You had that perfect opportunity to--"

"I didn't kill him because I can't," I answered Kisame, and he raised an eyebrow, then chuckled his annoying chuckled.

"I knew you fell for the brat," he said, and I smirked.

"Yea, I fell for brat-boy. What of it?"

Sasuke stared at me, and I smiled at him.

Kisame looked at Itachi. "You said you would kill her, so do it. I'll get the nine-tails again," he said, and I just remembered that Naruto had awoken and retreated back to his team.

Itachi nodded and in a second, he was in front of me with his Sharingan activated. I blocked his punch and jumped over his kick. I was in the air and Itachi jumped after me. I blocked his kick by making my arms form an "X" shape in front of my chest but he punched me in the side of me head and I fell to the ground.

I shakily landed and looked over to Kakashi and Guy fighting Kisame, Naruto and Sakura being helpless and Sasuke standing there, glaring at me and Itachi.

If I let him fight Itachi, he'll die for sure, so I kept the battle going.

I skidded back after blocking another kick from Itachi and looked over to Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

"Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke, go get the Hokage!" I ordered them, and Sakura nodded, but Naruto growled. "I'm not leaving you along to fight him!" he said, and I glared at him.

"You really wanna not do what I say?"

He cowered down. "Let's go, Sakura-chan!" He grabbed her hand and dragged her away. I looked at Sasuke who just glared at me.

"What? Go with-" I dodged Itachi's fireball and did quick hand-signs, then water came out of my fingertips.

This reminded me of the time me and Sasuke were at the training field at 2 in the morning..

I glanced at Sasuke who ran for Itachi, only to be kicked back into a tree. "Sasuke, go get the Hokage!" I screamed at him, but he didn't budge.

"You may have Naruto scared to death, but not me, Mari. I'm not leaving you alone with him," he said, and I slightly blushed. He cared that much?

But it doesn't matter. I care about him to, so that means I have to get him out of here. I threw a kunai at him, and he dodged it.

"You're not scaring me," he reminded me, and I cursed.

Itachi ran at me and I did quick hand-signs and an earth shield came out of the ground, forming a ball around me so I was inside it.

It all of a sudden got super hot.

Fuck, he's using his Fire Ball Jutsu to break it, dammit!

I started sweating, and when I felt it stop, I re-opened the earth shield and saw Itachi totally, erm, well...beating the crap out of Sasuke.

I'm sorry, but, haha, no.

My anger rose and my hair did the same thing as when we were fighting Zabuza. It started to glow and float into the air. My eyes, even the white part of my eyes, began to glow the same color as my hair and I saw Sasuke stare at me in shock when the Curse Mark Orochimaru gave me spread across my body.

The strange marks on my body spread across my face, arms, stomach and legs. Everywhere visible.

It hurt, but I couldn't care less.