Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto F...

By gaara119

Meet Fuzen Kanpeki. She leads a normal life. A student in the ninja academy at Konoha. A good student. A coup... More

Imperfectly Perfect (Naruto FanFic)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chpater Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's Note
Sequel

Chapter Five

17.2K 909 332
By gaara119

My breath hitches in my throat as Sensei says those words. What would the test be? Would we make it through together? Our team seemed strong enough...

"Here's your test... tell me something about myself and each of your teammates that we haven't already told you," Sensei said. "Also, you can't do something obvious, such as our physical appearance. You can't say that I have white hair, or that the way Shun is glaring makes him look constipated,"

Daisuke giggles at the insult. "Ten push ups for laughing at your teammate," Sensei snapped, irritated. Daisuke complied, grumbling. "And that's the test," Sensei concluded.

"That's it?" Daisuke asked. "Tell one thing about each of us that we haven't been told?"

"Yup," Sensei replied. "See you in ten!" He jumps away, leaving us staring after him.

"Ten seconds? Ten minutes? Ten hours?" Shun questioned thin air.

"What are we supposed to know about Sensei?" I sigh, "He hasn't told us anything about himself!"

"What I'm wondering is... how are we supposed to know something we don't know? If we haven't been told, how should we know?" Shun asked.

"Observation," I say quietly.

"Huh?" They both turn to me.

"He's testing our observational skills. It makes sense, right?" I repeat, questioning myself slightly.

"Yeah... it makes sense," Shun agrees.

"Great work, Fuzen! Now... what have we observed?" Daisuke asks. We all sweat-drop slightly.

"Well..." I muse.

"He calls us slowpokes a lot!" Daisuke exclaimed.

"Good, one down, two facts to go," Shun smiles.

We ponder for a bit. Three minutes have passed. "I can't think of any more," Daisuke sighs.

"I got it! He is older then us," Shun nods to himself. We smile at the obvious fact.

"Oh," I realize.

"What? Whatwhatwhatwhatwhat?" Daisuke asks. I smile at his childish nature.

"He is, or maybe was, an Anbu Black Op," I whisper.

"How do you know that?" Shun asks.

His sleeve shifted slightly and I glimpsed it. I dismissed it until now," I admit.

"So cool!" Daisuke laughs, "Our Sensei is an Anbu! How cool is that?"

I scootch over to Shun. "So, two facts about Daisuke?" I ask quietly.

"Though unfounded, he has a lot of confidence in himself," Shun rolls his eyes, and I giggle slightly.

"And..." I study Daisuke, who pretends not to notice. "He cares," I decide.

"What do you mean?" Shun queries.

"I mean, he really cares about being a ninja, being on this team, proteting Konoha and getting stronger. Y'know?" I explain.

Shun nods slowly. "Yeah... Yeah, I do,"

I sit awkwardly back as both of them discuss my two facts. Finally tghey reach a conclusion, and Daisuke comes over to me.

"So, Shun," Daisuke declares, rubbing his hands together. "He's... stiff,"

I cock my head slightly. "I don't see it,"

"Not his posture or body, the way he acts! He's a bit of a... stick in the mud, you get it?"

"You mean he's responsible," I sweat-drop.

"Same difference," Daisuke agrees amiably.

"Well, my fact is...he's an orphan," A pang hits my heart.

"Really?" Daisuke asks.

"Yeah, saw him in the window of some lady who adopts a load of orphans. Really an orphanage, the lady owns a big house and gets money from the Hokage to help take care of the kids. I mean, if the kid is old enough and has the money, then they can opt to live by themselves, like Naruto and Sasuke, y'know? But he lives with that lady instead, with about seven other kids,"

"Huh," Daisuke says, quiet for once.

A puff of smoke appears just as we return to our original positions. "Ten minutes are up. Daisuke, what do you have?" Sensei asked, arms crossed.

"Well, Shun is stiff, get it?" Daisuke asks.

"Explain what you mean and how you reached that conclusion," Sensei rubbed his forehead.

"Well, he's someone who follows the rules and never has any fun! A stick in the mud!" Daisuke elaborates. Shun scoffs, crossing his arms and turning away.

"Okay, what about Fuzen?" Sensei questions. I grow nervous. What was he going to say about me?

"She's not as stuck up as I though she was," Daisuke rubs the back of his head, "She's actually kinda fun, get it?" I smile to myself, a weight lifted off my shoulders. He thought I was fun.

"Okay... And me?" Sensei tilts his head slightly.

"You like to call us slowpokes!" Daisuke sticks out his tongue, and Sensei grabs it. "Le' go o' meh." Daisuke mumbles around his tongue.

"To slow, slowpoke," Sensei teases, releasing his tongue.

"Okay Shun, your turn," Sensei turns.

"Mmkay. Daisuke: He's loud. Fuzen: She's submissive. Sensei: You're older then us," He lists off. "Mmkay?"

"Good," Sensei congratulated. "Way to not over complicate things,"

"Now, Fuzen," Sensei nods.

"Daisuke, well, he cares, y'know? I've noticed that he really cares about being a ninja, being on this team, working yet having fun," I begin, cheeks blushing slightly at the attention on me.

Daisuke nods, agreeing with me. "Um, Shun..." I hesitate. Should I say it? It is a rather sticky subject. I'll skip to Sensei then come back to him. "I mean, Sensei. You are, or were, an Anbu Black Op, correct?"

His gaze hardens and his lips press together as he nods to me. "Yes. How did you know?"

"When your sleeve shifted I caught a glimpse of it," I explain.

"What about Shun?" Sensei changes the subject.

"Um... Shun is... Shun's an orphan," I lower my voice.

Something dark flashes through Shun's eyes and he stands, hand clenched into fists before turning and stalking off. I cringe. I knew I shouldn't have said that.

"How did you know that?" Sense questioned, genuinely curious.

"I noticed him in the window of a woman who takes in orphans," I sigh.

"Huh. Great job noticing the detail, slowpoke," Sensei compliments as though one of his genin hadn't just stormed off. "He'll come back," Sensei reassured me, noticing the direction of my gaze. "I give him three minutes and twenty six seconds before he comes back,"

I see him glance at his pocket watch innocuously. "Hey, Fuzen?" Daisuke calls cheerfully.

"Yeah?" I turn to him, still distracted by Shun's absence.

"I have a coupon for two to the Jasmine Dragon, but it expires tonight," He waves the coupon in my face and I pull back slightly. 

"What's your point?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Will you go with me?" He asks.

I snort. "I barely know you, and for your information, I'm not free tonight, so no," I dismiss him. Mother and Father would never approve of him. His parents were only shopkeepers!

"Ouch, rejected," Sensei laughs under his breath.

Daisuke puts the coupon in his weapons pouch. "One day," He promises me, and odd light of determination in his eyes. "One day, you'll look back and wish with all your heart that you said yes," I pull back, laughing with him. "And I won't stop trying to get that date," He grins cheekily towards me.

I hear footsteps coming towards us and my head snaps up, locating the source of the noise immidiately. Shun. Relief washes over me.

I hear the snap of Sensei opening his silver pocket watch, and a soft curse emanates from his lips. He turns the face towards me. "Three minutes and twenty eight seconds," He sighs, snapping it closed and pocketing it.

"Okay," Sensei rubs his hands together as Shun sits back down, 'Now that we're all back together, I'm pleased to tell you that you passed!"

"Really?" We all exclaim.

"Well, you passed the first part of the test," Sensei amends. We anime fall, then slowly climb back up. "The second part of the exam is... Tag,"

"You want us to play tag?" Shun raises an eyebrow.

"Yup," Sensei agreed.

"Um... How... How do you play tag?" I ask tentatively.

"You... you don't know how to play TAG?" Daisuke asked in disbelief. I shook my head, blushing. "Wow, uh..." He quickly explained the rules of tag to me.

I grinned. "That sounds like fun!" I exclaim excitedly. "Who's It first?"

"Me," Sensei declared. "Let's see how long you guys can g without me tagging you. Once I tag you, you're out. Pretend I'm an enemy ninja, and if I tag you, you die. Ready, set go!"

We all jump away, surprised by the sudden start. I blink, and suddenly Sensei is in front of me. I yelp in surprise, realizing I'm about to get tagged, when someone grabs my arm and tugs me away. I look up, seeing Daisuke's grinning face.

"Thank you!" I gasp out, adrenaline rushing through me. 

"You can thank me with a kiss," He teases, and I shove him away.

"You wish," I laugh.

We both jump up as Sensei runs at us, narrowly avoiding his hand. Shun appears out of nowhere and pulls us away as Sensei suddenly changes direction. But he's tagged because he saved us. Annoyance flits across Shun's face, but he sits down, 'dead'. 

Seconds later Sensei tags me on my shoulder, then get Daisuke on his knee. We collapse next to each other, panting.

"I'm slightly impressed,"Sensei tells us."You managed to last fifty two seconds. Though, I was going incredibly easy on you, but that's besides the point," he scratches his head, thinking of what to say next. "What surprised me... is that... you worked together. I mean, it really didn't matter to me if you worked together or not, because all of you managed to evade me longer then thirty seconds, but all the same... impressive,"

"Wait," Shun put his hand up.

"Don't, don't put your hands up, this isn't a classroom," Sensei interrupted.

Shun put his hand down and continued. "We only had to evade you for thirty seconds to pass?" he asked.

"Well, yes. I mean, you couldn't hope to beat me, I'm faster, stronger, smarter, more skilled, I have more experience... I'm generally better then you," He concluded.

"Well, I think we could've beat you, even if you weren't going easy!" Daisuke declared.

Sensei sighs, putting his hands in his coat pockets. "Did you see that?" he asks.

"What?" Daisuke asks.

"Did you see me do that?" He repeats.

"Do what?" Daisuke is baffled.

"Exactly," Sensei replied. "Well, there's one more test for each of you," He says. I resist the urge to groan.

"What is it?" I ask, slightly curious despite my exhaustion. 

"Tell me..." he suddenly grabs me, holding a kunai to my neck. "Daisuke, kill Shun or Fuzen dies! And if either of you try to rescue her, she dies then I kill you both!" Everyone glances back and forth to eachother, and I tremble as Sensei presses the kunai lightly against my neck. "What are you going to do if a situation like this comes up?"

No one answers. There's dead silence. Then,

"There's no answer,"

We all look in surprise to Daisuke, who's suddenly serious and morose. "There's no answer to a question like that,"

"We would do what we had to," Shun agreed.

"And try to take the course of action that would save the most of us," I whisper.

Sensei releases me slowly, taking a step back and sighing tiredly. "Yeah, you're right, Daisuke, Shun, Fuzen.  You guys can't answer a question like that. A high ranking ninja may lay out a plan of what you would do to save people and complete the mission, but... I believe there's no answer,"

"Wait... so, if we technically answered your question correctly..." Shun trails off, raising an eyebrow.

"That right," Sensei smiles, but there's a strange light of sadness and nostalgia in his eyes, "You pass,"

____________________________________________________

So, you like?

Comment wht you think!

Lol,  TAG was there test XD

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 8.6K 52
"Now is not the time." "It is always the time!" When she died, Ashely didn't think of the aftermath, only of how great of a hug dear old Truck-kun ga...
1.1M 50.9K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
41.9K 1K 23
Mesaal Shiota is an average girl with good looks. Her Mum and Dad have average jobs, with average pay and average children. Her brothers have average...
386 0 15
THIS IS BEING REWRITTEN VERY HEAVILY LIKE HOLY CRAP ITS MAKING MY HANDS HURT Kaji, one of the laziest double nin in the area, strives to become...