Turn of Events

By KimmieA

Arianna Smith was the most unpopular girl in her school. No one talked to her, no one noticed her, very fat a... More

Turn of Events - Chapter 1
Turn of Events - Chapter 3
Turn of Events - Chapter 4
Turn of Events - Chapter 5
Turn of Events - Chapter 6
Turn of Events - Chapter 7
Turn of Events - Chapter 8
Turn of Events - Chapter 9
Turn of Events - Chapter 10
Turn of Events - Chapter 11
Turn of Events - Chapter 12
Turn of Events - Chapter 13
Turn of Events - Chapter 14
Turn of Events - Chapter 15
Turn of Events - Chapter 16
Turn of Events - Chapter 17
Turn of Events - Chapter 18
Turn of Events - Chapter 19
Turn of Events - Chapter 20
Turn of Events - Chapter 21
Turn of Events - Chapter 22
Turn of Events - Chapter 23
Turn of Events - Chapter 24
Turn of Events - Chapter 25

403 19 8
By KimmieA

CHAPTER 2

Arianna’s POV:

Oh look at him, perfect in every way. I wonder when he’ll notice that I like him. I doubt that will ever happen though. It would be social suicide for a person like Tyler Bradshaw, one of the most popular guys in school, to like me, Arianna Smith, Unpopular, social outcast. Oh and fatty too.

I see the way he looks at Skye, and I would only wish he could look at me the same way too. Maybe if I tried a little more then he might possibly acknowledge I’m actually a real person who is capable of loving and being loved, but instead he just sees me as some girl who hangs out with his best friends’ girlfriend.

“Take a picture, it will last longer.”

 I instantly snap out of day dream mode to find the whole class staring at me in ridicule. I notice that Darren White, Leona’s boyfriend was telling Tyler I was staring at him.

“Dude, she was totally drooling over you. Go buy her some water, she seems thirsty”

I hear whispers and giggles and then our biology teacher walks in.

I shove my head into my book as I take in the embarrassment. Fun…fucking..tastic.

The second the bell rung I ran out of class, dashing to the bathroom to meet up with Skye. I shoved the door open and ran into a stall, burying my face into my palms. Why do these things always happen to me? It’s not like I do anything wrong. A few moments later I hear a friendly voice calling me.

“Ari, you here babe?”

“Yeah, last stall.”

I open the door and find Skye holding some sandwiches. She squeezed in through the tiny door space and engulfed me in a hug.

“Wanna tell me what happened babe?”

“It was so embarrassing Skye. I was just day dreaming and my eyes landed on Tyler and Darren caught me unaware and totally shouted it out to the whole class. Tyler didn’t even try to defend me or anything. He didn’t even turn around. I feel like such a shit brain.”

She handed me some tissues from her bag and gave me my sandwich.

“Shit. I’m so sorry babe! I don’t even know what to do. I think I’ll go talk to Tyler…”

“Skye no! That would only make things worse. I don’t want him to think I’m such a cry baby. I can handle this.”

“Babe, look at you, look at the state you’re in. Are you trying to say you can handle it? I don’t think you can because then you wouldn’t be like this. I’m going to talk to Tyler and I’m going to sort shit out, and there is nothing you can do about it. It’s for your own good. I’m gonna fix it then everything will be fine ok?”

“You always do everything for me Skye. Why can’t I stand up for myself for once?”

She gave me a look, I knew she was disappointed because she knows me so well and she knows I can’t stand up for myself.

“Arianna..I appreciate what you’re trying to do, and I respect it, so I think you should go talk to Tyler is you’re so brave and so in control.”

“Shit, no way Skye! I can’t even look him in the eye now you think I can talk to him? No way.”

“You see babe. This is why I wanna do this for you. Do you understand now?

“Yeah I understand. Thanks. You’re the best.”

She bent down to give me a hug then turned around to leave the stall.

“Thanks for the sandwich too. I love you”

“I love you too. I’ll be right back.”

I heard the door shut and silence was restored. I quietly unwrapped my sandwich and took a large bite. A door suddenly opened and I peeped through the small slit by the door and in walked Leona and her posse.

“Did you see the way McFatty was ogling Tyler? It was so uncalled for.”

“I agree” Said one of the bimbo looking girls

“Do you think he’s interested in her?”

They all looked at a petite brunette -who was obviously born blonde- with an appalled look on their faces. They quickly dismissed her when Leona started to speak again.

“Enough about her. Have you noticed that Michael has been checking me out lately?”

“But isn’t he dating Skye? And aren’t you dating Darren?”

“Yeah he is, but I’m guessing he’s not satisfied. I bet he wants me. I mean who wouldn’t”

“Umm Leona? I sit with you in every lesson and Michael doesn’t even acknowledge you. And when you’re not in class he’s always with Skye and Tyler.” This time a red head was speaking.

Leona gave her a threatening look and turned on her heel and walked out the bathroom. They followed in unison.

I sat back down on the toilet seat and texted Skye. She said she was talking to Tyler and that I should meet her at the main field. I got my bags and headed over there.

The sun was blazing and I regretted wearing all black today. Squinting my eyes I scanned the field for any sign of Skye. On the field were the usual cliques. The stoners, the math geeks, the super nerds, the populars, the Asians, the jocks and the occasional loners who were spread out around under random trees, But still no sign of Skye.

Where could she be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144 2 12
Arianna is a high school girl who's had a hard life. With missing parents she copes the best she can, by shutting people out, even her two best frien...
558K 12.2K 39
Aria Lane is your typical shy girl next door; she always completes her homework on time and almost never receives a F on her report card. But what sh...
952K 22.8K 42
Paisley Smith is not the most popular, prettiest, skinniest or like-able girl. She gets bullied, not just by five boys that go by the names Harry, L...
645 88 24
A girl wakes up in a hospital has no idea who she is and who any body is. Arianna is a confused 15 year old girl that just came out of a coma. She on...