Ice Age: The Beginning

By serpent_fox99

Two Sabers, a sloth and a mammoth are all what it took to bring a baby human back to his father. Sarabi a sab... More

Welcome to 'Ice Age: The Beginning'
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Little A/N's
Chapter Eleven
Sorry guys
Chapter Twelve
Out of Hospital
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Sorry guys
I'm Back
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
To My Lovely Readers
Sequel

Chapter One

32.7K 607 265
By serpent_fox99

I am so deeply sorry that this took a while to edit. But since I was only editing on this site and not on a Word document, I lost everything when I left my computer on and went to work last night. I lost all of the work that I was doing with this chapter and it made me so sad..... but at least I had the first couple of paragraphs on word saved. Stupid laptop needing to update D:<

Anyways..... to duh story.

***EDITED:  (19/05/2018)***

A herd of different types of animals were making their way South, due to it being migrating season for all those animals, all except for two animals that is.

A sabretooth tiger and a mammoth, an unlikely due to be travelling together. Especially since one of them has razor sharp claws and teeth for piercing pray. And that could kill you within seconds.

The duo was walking against the herd of many animals, making them walk around the two in fear and confusion. Wondering why a saber was travelling with a mammoth and why they were travelling against them, instead with them.

As the duo continued to walk against the herds of many animals, they managed to bump into a family accidentally. Though the father that was obviously leading the small group grew frustrated at the two animals in front of him.

"Hey! Do the world a favour! More your issues off the road!" The father yelled at both the duo.

"If my trunk was that small, I wouldn't draw attention to myself, pal." The mammoth snarled, getting into the fathers face.

"Manny?!!" The saber squeaked, appalled by her adoptive brothers behaviour. But to her luck, he ignored her. 

"Give me a break." The father stuttered. "We've been waddling all day." The father gestured behind him towards his family.

The two adoptive siblings looked behind the father and saw a mother and her kids, standing at least an arms length away. The kids were hiding behind their mother once their eyes landed on the female saber. This caused a frown to appear on her face as she saw this.

"Oh, go ahead. Follow the crowed." Manny said sarcastically as he started moving. "It'll be quieter when you're gone." Manny finished before he started to walk away, leaving the family behind standing in shock.

"You coming, Sarabi?" Manny spoke questioning his adoptive sister, once he noticed that she hasn't moved a muscle since they got stopped by the family.

"Oh, um.... coming Manny." Sarabi stuttered out, before running to catch up with her adoptive brother.

~Le Mini Time Skip: Brought to you by Scrats Love for Acorns~

The two adoptive siblings were standing on a cliffs edge, simply enjoying the peace and quiet and the view. The view was simply breath taking in Sarabi's eyes, though Manny was just simply enjoying the quiet as he no longer needs to deal with other animals.

But fate seemed to not be on Manny's side as something slammed into him from behind. 

"Hey!" Manny exclaims, turning around, only to see a Sloth.

"Just pretend that I'm not here." The Sloth said as two Rhinos came charging towards them, causing the Sloth to let out a gasp and hide behind Manny, due to Manny being a lot taller than the rhinos.

"Oh man, I wanted to hit him at full speed." The Rhino on the right whined.

"That's okay Frank. We'll have some fun with him." The other Rhino reassured to the one now known as "Frank".

"Don't let them impale me. I want to live!" The Sloth exclaimed from behind Manny causing Sarabi to glance at the Sloth for a brief second, seeing that he was clinging to Manny tightly.

"Get off me!" Manny exclaimed causing the Sloth to let go of Manny's leg.

"Come on, you're making a scene." The Rhino on the left grumbled.

"We'll just take our furry piñata and go. If you don't mind." Frank said causing the Sloth to hide behind Manny even further. 

"Hey buddy. If it's not them today, it's just someone else tomorrow." Manny said, looking behind him at the Sloth.

"Well, I'd rather it not be today. Okay?" The Sloth said coming out from behind Manny and looking up at him as he spoke.

"Look, we're gonna break your neck so you don't feel a thing. How's that?" The Rhino on the left asked causing Manny to look at Sarabi before looking at the Rhinos again.

"Wait a minute. I thought Rhinos were vegetarians." Manny stated.

"An excellent point." The Sloth said.

"Shut up." Sarabi snapped causing the Sloth to recoil back behind Manny.

"Who says we're gonna eat him after we kill him?" The Rhino of the left said.

"Yeah come on, move it." Frank snapped.

The two adoptive siblings both looked at each other. Anger was obviously evident in their eyes, when the rhino said that they were going to kill the Sloth. They really hate it when other animals kill for pleasure, it just pisses them off.

Sure, Sarabi's kind was known for killing for sport, so she really doesn't like her kind that much. The only time that she actually does kill is when she is very hungry, or when the animal is very weak and can no longer move.

"You know. I don't like animals that kill for pleasure." Manny growled, making himself looking taller than what he already is.

"Yeah!" Sarabi growled as she got into a fighting position, ready to protect the sloth if she needed to.

"Hey wait a minute! You're a saber, aren't you? Why don't you go and eat them or something?" The sloth asked stupidly, causing Sarabi to look at her adoptive brother before looking at the sloth with a 'really' look.

'Doesn't he know that I'm way smaller the rhinos and that they could easily kill me if I do one wrong move!' Sarabi thought angrily.

"Save it for a mammal that cares." The Rhino snapped back causing Sarabi to let out a warring growl.

"I'm a mammal that cares." The sloth said making the two siblings look at the sloth before looking at each other, nodding their heads they turned their attention back towards the rhinos.

"OK, if either of you make it across that sinkhole in front of ya." Manny started.

"You get the sloth." Sarabi finished as she stared at the rhinos in front of her with a smirk placed on her face.

"That's right, you losers! You take one step and you're dead!" The sloth yelled before picking up a rock and throwing it across the 'sinkhole' making the smirk slide off Sarabi's face as the rhinos saw that the 'sinkholes' was just a bluff.

The two rhinos looked at each other with smirks on their faces before they looked at the trio with slight glares on their faces.

"You two were bluffing, huh?" The sloth asked scared once he realised his mistake.

"Yeah. Yeah, that was a bluff." Manny answered, worry was clear evident in his tone as well as facial features, the same with Sarabi's.

"Get him!" The two rhinos yelled in unison before they started charging towards the trio.

Manny pushed Sarabi away from him, making her scream out in surprise as she landed far away from the group. Sarabi watched as the two rhinos collided with Manny's tusk and started to push him and the sloth (who was behind Manny) towards the edge of the cliff.

Manny made eye contact with Sarabi and saw the worry that was in her facial expression as she got up from the ground. Manny, mustering up all his strength stepped forwards before throwing the two rhinos far away, making Sarabi sigh in relief before running over towards the two. Standing in front of the sloth with a protective stance.

One of the rhinos started to charge towards the trio making the sloth let out a scream as Manny also charged towards the rhino. As Manny reaches the rhino he catches the rhinos horn with his tusk and swung him around as if he weighed like a sack of potatoes and threw him away, landing on the ground hard he sighed in defeat to dizzy to get up.

The other rhino started to charge towards Sarabi and the sloth, causing the sloth to let out a girly scream and was about to ram into Sarabi, but Manny grabs the rhino with his tusks and throws him towards where the other rhino still lying down.

Sarabi relaxes and lets out a sigh of relief smiling up at Manny and chuckled at the sloths excitement.

"Woo-hoo! We did it! We did..." But as the sloth jumped to hugged Manny, they both fell off the cliff causing Sarabi to let out a gasp and quickly rushes down the cliff after the two.

Sarabi made it down the cliff just in time to hear Manny say "Get off my face." making her chuckle as he stood up.

"Are you okay?" Manny ask as soon as he saw Sarabi sitting on the ground licking her front paw.

"Huh?" Sarabi asked dumbly as she stopped mid-lick looking up at Manny before realising that Manny asked her a question. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." She said smiling as she sat up and walked over towards Manny and hugged him. (As best as a saber and a mammoth could) They both broke the hug as they heard the sloth get up.

"Whoa, we three. We make a great team. What do you say we head South together?" The sloth asked nervously.

"Great! Jump on one of our backs and relax the whole way." Manny said, his tone dripping with sarcasm. As both Sarabi and Manny started to walk away from the sloth.

"Wow, really?" The sloth asked following them.

"No!" Sarabi exclaimed, looking at the sloth for a second before facing forward.

"Wait, aren't you two going South? The change of seasons, migration instincts. Any of this a-ringing a bell?" The sloth asked as he still followed the two.

"We guess not. Bye." Manny said, fed up with the Sloth that has been nothing but a pain in his butt.

"OK, then. Thanks for the help. I can take it from here." The sloth said walking away making Sarabi giggle as the sloth suddenly came back not too long after leaving. "Whoa! That South thing is way overrated. The heat, the crowed-who needs it?" The sloth asked making Manny look down at Sarabi seeing that she was holding in a giggle. "I mean isn't this great? Two bachelors and  bachelorette knocking about in the wild."

"No, you just want a bodyguard, so you don't become somebody's side dish." Manny said causing Sarabi to agree with her adoptive sibling.

"You're a very shrewd mammal. OK, lead the way, Mr Big... Didn't get the name." The sloth said.

"Manfred." Manny replied.

"Manfred? Yuck. How about Manny the Moody Mammoth? Or Manny the Melancholy... Manny the..." The sloth let out a gasp as Manny turned towards him before he scurried up a torn tree.

"Stop following us." Manny glared as he let go of the tree before walking away with Sarabi by his side.

"OK, so you've got issues. You won't even know I'm here. I'll just zip the lip and when I say "mph" I'm "mph"." The sloth said causing Sarabi to let out a chuckle.

"So, what's you're name?" Sarabi asked causing the sloth to look at her making Manny groan quietly.

"I'm Sid!" The sloth now known as Sid said. "And what's yours?" Sid asked remembering that she didn't mention her name.

"Oh, my names Sarabi." Sarabi shrugged nonchalantly as she continued to walk beside her adoptive brother.

TO BE CONTINUED 

_______________________

"She's nothing like any of the other female Saber tooth's. She unique and different from the others, it just makes her special."~Diego

"I though we could trust you! But I was wrong, even when I knew something was fishy about you from the start! Why did you even do it?"~Sarabi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 751 25
After losing her parents at a young age to a murderous lion and facing abuse from her mean spirited aunt, a young African-Romani woman named Shani ru...
46.6K 906 16
We remember from last time, the herd brought Ellie, Crash, Eddie and a wild kitten with them from the meltdown. This is a story wrap around Y/N who...
45.8K 856 13
With seasons changing and migration instincts kicking in, all the mammals are heading off towards the south. A young saber, Hazel, was no exception...
6.8K 142 9
You are a Saber and Diego's sister, but you two haven't seen eachother in a long time, so you two don't recognize eachother in the beginning. But wha...