Lost and Found

By LetsBreatheWords_

" And warn them of the day of intense regret, when the matter shall have been decided; and they are (now) in... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
16.12.14
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45-Part I
Chapter 45-Part II
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Acknowledgements and Announcement

Chapter 32

2.6K 240 53
By LetsBreatheWords_

Wali's POV (SURPRISE)

Her hands on my torso and her cheeks pressed against my chest while her hair covering almost half of her face and she was looking breathtakingly beautiful, innocent and calm unlike when she's awake, and I have been looking at her since last half an hour when I woke up with dire need of water; it's one of those days when you have blocked nose and sore throat with hoarse voice. Though I needed water badly but moving her away wasn't an option though I tried but the way she started muttering I was sure that she would wake up and the heat her body is providing to mine and the way she is resting on me would end and right now it's all that's matter.

It had been one week that we had our argument and since then she just talk to me when needed, she helps me in changing my clothes, in showering, in getting to bed, from offering namaz to one of us listening to other while reading Quran and then making dua, I silently let her do it because I know that I have hurt her and actually it's the only way she is close to me, talking to me and just being there. Her anger is justified but my Allah and I know how hard it was for me to say all of that but the foolish part of me forgot how selfless and independent my wife is. I have hurt her and I'll make it up to her.

Today was our last day in Chicago and I have convinced Sabih to go to California and meet his college friends but mama and baba on the other hand denied all my persuasion and will be coming to New York with us. The thought of returning back is making me nervous, though I know it well enough that Yahya and Murtaza had made sure that no one gets there asking about the surgery and treatments and I could have my time to adjust and I am thankful that they are respecting my privacy because I don't have enough courage to face them when I won't be able to stand.

Past one week had just went by in trying to become used to of moving around in wheelchair, of just using hands and not feeling my legs and my helpless state is just killing every hope I try to have, I have been doing endless searching and everything seems like it's going to be fine but the question is when? I get frightened when I just keep remembering about my past and the thought of future makes it worse.

I got out of my daunting thoughts when Khadija stirred and then turned on the other side, carefully removing my arms from underneath her neck I tried to pull myself up and after good few minutes I was in sitting position, resting my back on the headboard, turning towards the bedside table I filled up the glass and gulped in the water looking on the world outside the room through the large windows which were showcasing the darkness outside calmly letting the inhabitant of this city rest unlike the darkness which was pouring inside me day by day, minute by minute brewing a storm.

Flashback

"Dude do you know what Jeanine had been saying around?" I was lying on my bed when Shayan entered like he owned the place but I didn't protested when I noticed bags full of food in his hands.

"Neither I care nor I am interested, huh! Same thing. What have you got?" I said sitting up and throwing my phone aside.

"You do care about this one I bet!" he said with a smug expression throwing burritos my way it was then I realized I was starving.

"Start speaking." I mumbled laying back not even listening but eating on the most horrible form of food I have got, lately nothing is tasting good, it all taste bitter and I am sure it's just the medicines and those pills, just the thought is enough to throw up. Suddenly my hunger vanished and I pushed the plate aside.

"She is speaking about the hospital incident in Hawaii!"

"It's nothing big--"

"Look I know what it is and she knows too the thing is I have my mouth shut but she on the other hand is already planning your funeral." this guy never had a filter to his mouth.

"Let her it's not like she'll get away with this. She is crawling back to me and then I'll teach her a lesson." I shrugged standing up moving towards the closet. "I guess I am gonna sleep a bit, think can you leave?"

"Ask about hospitality from Wali Ahmed," he sarcastically remarked getting up gathering all the food, "I am not letting you mourn in your room now! It's been a week we are back and in ten days college will start again so let's live a little because maybe your clots would kill you," I gave him a dare-to-speak look, "What? I am not gonna sugar coat! And it's just me, your room mate! Anyways you are taking a shower and joining me we are having a round of these video games I borrowed!"

"Fine."

"Well widow is finally over her grief," he literally sang that phrase and went out leaving a slight hint of smile on my face. He was the only human one among my group of friends, he wasn't better but he wasn't worse either.

After thirty minutes of freshening up when Shayan and I were both competing against each other and trying new games along with gulping in energy drinks he turned to me with a solemn expression and I was sure he is going to start a conversation on a topic I want to avoid.

"I don't wanna discuss--"

"That's what I have been hearing since we got back." I threw the controller away, clenching my fist.

I still can't believe what doctor had told me. Elevens years later here I am facing the aftershock of the earthquake that man brought in my life. First he ruined my childhood and now my entire life.

"Listen Wali, let's be rational I know that this is scary man! But I guess you should take doctor's recommendation and look out for a neurologist! As the doc said, as much as you are going--

"Enough!"

"No Wali!"

"What the fuck do you want me to say? That I go to a doctor and lay in front of them and let them do whatever the hell they want? No! But thank you so much! Paralyzed!" I scoffed a laugh, "Shayan I would be fucking paralyze--"

"But it can be temporary!" he argued.

"Do you actually believe that bullshit?"

"Look man! I just know that things will get worse later on and--"

"Shayan I am telling you for the last time we are done discussing this! It's my life and who are you to care? It's not like you are going to get affected?"

"Maybe because I would be!"

"Oh really! Let's listen what our little kid here have to say?" I mocked him standing in front of him.

"Leave it!"

"No come on tell me Shayan? What is it? Don't I know how awkward you are being lately? What do you need, money? Is that it?"

"You really think that? Dude in last couple of years since we have met I have done nothing but get you out of trouble and you think I want money! Go to hell with that! You know you are right it doesn't matter! You can die for all I care!" He stormed pass me in to his bedroom and with the anger flaring inside me I left the apartment to clear my head, it was extremely stupid of me to bash out on him when he has done nothing but save my back.

It was later that day that it got revealed why he was actually around me all this time.

When I got back I found the living room all cleaned up of his stuff which were packed in carton in front of me and panic rose inside me, rushing towards his room from where the sound of loud music was coming I stormed inside where he was packing his stuff. Turning off the music I looked at him for an explanation but met silence, I don't know why I was caring so much. It doesn't matter if he leaves.

"Well? You aren't just leaving because we had an argument."

"No actually I am leaving because I had enough and unlike you I don't have a living mother waiting for me but foster parents who only needed me because they can't have one of their own! I am leaving because I thought maybe I could have a family, someone I am actually related to but I was wrong! Yes! Wali Ahmed we are related! all this time I was around only because I found you when I dig up the dirt from my past!" he had a smug face and I was deeply confused.

What the hell is he even saying?

Is he high again?

"Well shocker isn't it that we are actually brothers! Yeah you heard it right buddy! You and I have a same scumbag as a father for an excuse! Well till now I hadn't actually thanked you for putting that man in jail! But yeah where was I? Right! Same fathers, half siblings we are," He said throwing his shirt in the duffle bag. "Like your mother that man married mine too but six months earlier I don't know much but brother you and I came as in a surprise to him and guess what he had couple of more wives around the country but thank God no more siblings!" he laughed while I found the entire situation anything but hilarious, "Mine died when I was six unlike yours she wasn't pregnant at that moment but she found out that he had another wife or wives and demanded answers but ended up dead right in front of me, he beat her up right in front of my eyes in ways I can't tell! Did he make the same excuse of going on business trip to you guys?" And I went back to days when mom and I were actually used to breathe thinking that he is gone for something good but no! he was just roaming around ruining lives!

I sat on the edge of the bed remembering things, his tortures to us and now looking at Shayan that he had gone through same thing, given same scars from the same person.

"Well long story short, my mother died, he ran away, I found foster parents, luckily mine aren't that bad actually they are what parents are supposed to be, they are Christians but they are letting me follow my religion not that I am a perfect Muslim! I have to be their heir, their support when they are old and they are my support, But still I wasn't really satisfied so when I was in high school I started founding things and then I found out about you and started gathering information about you, I was curious maybe? I wanted to know that did you went through the same stuff I went or was it just us? So when I got to know that you are joining Yale, sorry I hacked your ID, I decided that this where I am coming well that's that! I am not mad at you instead I am actually happy that you have a mother and a strong family to live with, but now I want to you help yourself that's all!"

I sat there in silence while I knew he was looking at me but I didn't have a courage to face him and after few minutes of silence I got up and digging my hands into the pocket of my trouser I walked towards the door but before leaving I whispered an apology and caught a faint genuine smile on his face.

End

One more person to call and talk. We have never lost connections, he has changed for better too but we decided to keep the truth hidden, it is better for everyone. He is successfully running his business and have a family and now I have mine to take care of too.

Shrugging my thoughts away I tried to drag the wheelchair which was couple of feet away from bed but after multiple fruitless attempt I only end up waking Khadija with the way I was hanging from my bed, it took her two minutes to realize what was happening with a cute pout and creased forehead and when she reached the fact that I was trying to get out of bed on my own the pout turned into a scowl and eyes went wide.

"What in the name Allah are you even doing?" she hissed throwing covers away from her body and literally jumping out of bed.

"I just wanted to get ready for fajar," I whispered not daring to look at her, not want to face a wrath at this hour of the day.

"You could have woke me up!" she hissed bringing the wheelchair near and helping me up.

"But you were looking extremely cute and beautiful while sleeping!" I flashed her a grin trying to neutralize her anger.

"Is that your polite way of telling that, Yes, Khadija you only look like human when you are sleeping."

"No! Are we still on bad erms?"

"No... I mean YES!"

"Why?" I smirked

"Ask yourself!" she said pushing wheelchair inside the washroom and then getting out she closed the door.

Minutes later she helped me through wuzu (ablution) and then we both went towards the living room for prayers. After we were done with our daily recitation Khadija suggested for the first time that we sit in the balcony and enjoy the sun coming out, I controlled the urge of patting myself for this success, so when she came back putting the Quran back and after ordering the coffee for both of us in the balcony where I was already seated with a thick jacket, I found a smile on her face which made me smile even wider. We sat there in silence for few minutes noticing the calm but cold morning of December.

"I was siting here when I got a call from Sabih about you," she said in a whisper and I moved my hands forward taking her's in mine and squeezing trying to assure both of us that it's going to be alright.

"You are amazingly strong, you know that right?" I whispered back.

"I am not sure about that! I thought I was but in those three weeks I have just found myself in the most darkest place, I was scared and I was losing faith," she said and her voice breaking which did no good to my heart.

"But look here we are! You are right, Khadija! It's going to be alright." I said looking at her beautiful face, pulling her hand I made her come closer to me, "I know I was rude that day, totally stupid of me and I am extremely sorry for that," I said kissing her jaw, "But you made me realize one thing you know, that things are going to be fine, we have come this far and I believe we have a long way to go," I trailed the kiss down to her neck and then just right below her earlobe, I heard her sigh and grasping on my arm for support, "You were right, love! With each other we can pull this off!" And lastly I looked at her slightly parted lips and I did what I had been craving even I was unconscious, I claimed what was mine, bringing her on my lap I grasped her waist not moving my lips away from hers, it felt like my hunger was finally being fulfilled, it was slow yet breathtaking, it was us completing each other in ways I never knew we could. It was surreal but just mine.

She was mine and I am never giving up on this.

-----

A.O.A

How are you all?

I am not much satisfied with this chapter but anyhoo...

Show some love to Wali! He is back after so long! I missed him, greatly! *Sight*

Comment and Vote because that's what we writer feed on (True fact .-.) And secondly that makes you guys super cool :P

BTW who watch Flash and Arrow here? BARRY WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM? AND CAN ANYONE JUST KILL DAMIEN DARHK!

Now I am going!

TC,

Zehra :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 1.3K 25
She was an average muslimah but she had a weakness. She had a strong desire, yet her heart was weak. She found a solution to her weakness but it wa...
1.9M 86K 65
"Why are you being so mean to your new bride?" I demanded ruefully. He smirked in a menacing and ominous way. His grip on my jaw tightened. "I don...
191K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...
50.7K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...