Being The Moonet

By endaysah

• Book ONE in the Elite series Lily Blue is an Elite, a group of 3 gifted females in the hidden werewolf soci... More

DISCLAIMER
Being The Moonet
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 1

67 5 0
By endaysah

*Rewritten*

°°°

Lily's P.O.V.

Wake up.

I grunted and flipped my body to the right.

Wake up.

I groaned and dug my face in my pillow.

Wake up, dimwit.

An annoying voice spoke in my head. Oh wait, that's my wolf, Chastity.

"Go away, Chastity." I mumbled. I'm literally 5 seconds away from killing her. But I can't do that, now can I?

"After you grow a brain. You need to get up right now for your run." I mumbled again and closed my eyes. If Chastity could mentally slap me awake right now it would be happening. Instead, I felt a sharp pain in my head.

"Ow! Alright! I'll get up." Chastity stopped her mental stabbing of my brain as I pushed away my covers. I groggily walked to the bathroom and did the essentials, no need to get into details with that.

I carefully pulled out the necklace the Moon Goddess gave me out of my jewelry box and clasped it around my neck.

I admired its reflection in the mirror. Even after 12 years, I still treat this moon necklace as if it is fragile. Questions on how I got it were raised, of course, but I just told whoever asked that I found it. No need to blow my 'special' cover.

After that, I tiptoed downstairs, careful not to wake anyone, and slipped out the front door.

The faint outline of the sun traced the grey sky and the cold wind made me shiver. I trotted to a nearby tree and stripped my clothes. The morning wind once again blew against my bare skin but I ignored the chilliness and jumped into the air. In just seconds, I shifted into my pretty silver wolf, landing on all fours.

In case you're wondering how my wolf is normal, being Moonet and all, my wolves appearance doesn't change until I'm 18. Then my wolf will have gold fur, literally. Although it won't be chunky and tough, but actually soft. How I know this? The Moon Goddess. Though she prefers I call her Selene since ' The Moon Goddess' is a bit too formal for her. Selene would visit me in private and help out with my skills or just to widen my knowledge on who I really am.

Pushing aside my thoughts, I sped through the forest. My tongue rolled out of my wolf's mouth and my fur blew back. Running in my wolf form always makes me feel better. It would help if I ever had anything that needed to be lifted off my shoulders or just to calm myself. My favorite time to run is on a full moon. It seems to fill my body with energy and power. It's bloody amazing!

I allowed myself to run a while longer until I got tired. The sun was starting to peek into view and I knew I had to get back before my family woke up. I let out a sigh and shifted back into my human form, slipping my frame into the clothes I left behind.

"Good morning, Lily." Jacob, one of the pack guards, called to me as I enter the building.

"Morning, Jacob." I flashed him a smile and continued through the house. I finally came to a stop at the kitchen. Five people were seated around the counter eating a hearty breakfast.

"Morning, fam!" I hugged my little brother, Dylan, and grabbed a bacon off Adam's plate. Adam is a close friend.

"Hey!" He whined in protest.

"Sorry, Adam. But it's already halfway down my stomach." I passed him an innocent smile to which he frowned.

"In case you all forgot, the Alpha and his family are coming back to the pack house today. They'll be staying here permanently seeing as they don't need to go back to the palace." lMy shoulders tensed at the mention of the Alpha's family. That means I get to see the devil himself. Uggh! Can it get any worse?

"How could we forget, dad?" My 6 year old brother, Dylan, said playfully while munching on his French toast.

"Yeah, dad. You remind us only, like, all the time." Taylor, my older brother rolled his eyes to which mom gave the idiot her you-better-watch-it glare.

"Lily,"Adam called to me, "Training immediately after breakfast."

"Yes, sir!" I kiddingly saluted. That earned a laugh from everyone. Mom slid me my plate of food, which I devoured hungrily. What can I say? Running can take a lot out of you. After allowing my breakfast to digest, Adam pulled me out of my seat and dragged me outside to the training area.

The sun was completely out and I had to squint my eyes from its rays.

"Let's start with kicks." Adam positioned us.

°°°

I did a roundhouse kick on Adam and watched as he fell to the ground with a grunt.

"Damn, girl. You have the skills of a testosterone." I hauled Adam up. He hunched over with a wheeze.

"And you hit like a fly." I stuck my tongue out at him.

A while later, a black SUV pulled up by the gate. A man's head popped out through the window and spoke into the intercom.

"Hey, who's that?" I tugged on Adam's sleeve to get his attention.

We watched as the gates opened and the car drove in, landing on Black Wolf territory. I felt a familiar jolt in my mind. Adam's sprung up a little as well, implying that he had felt it too.

"The Alpha's here." Adam announced. The Alpha and his family was finally back after one unforgettable year. They were staying at the Royal palace with the Royal family of Werewolves by means of protection. Therefore, Alpha Michael left my father, the Beta, in charge of the pack.

"Yeah, Captain Obvious." I rolled my eyes.

"Please. You're just jealous that I figured it out before you did." Adam said.

"And it took you a jolt in the head to figure it out."

"Hey, it took you the same thing to remember too."

I held a palm up. "I'm not arguing with you, Hay-Hay." Adam frowned as I referred to him as the dumb—no offense, Hay-Hay—chicken on Moana.

Adam and I walked back inside the pack house, taking the route to the meeting room. Most of the wolves in the pack were already present, chattering. I saw my mom and dad on the raised platform in front of everyone, Third Roger and his mate Julia on their right. Adam and I took seats in the crowd.

Dad positioned himself behind the podium and cleared his throat for silence.

"Good morning, wolves." The crowd mumbled their greeting. "I'm sure most of you have felt the presence of our very own Alpha Michael. That is because he has just arrived with our Luna and their children. And so, without further delay, our Alpha family." Dad gestured towards the door and soon enough the family waltzed inside the room.

My first thought was, "I don't see him." I scolded myself for thinking that. I don't need that jerk in my head.

Alpha Michael was holding Luna Violet's hand, their daughter, Haley behind them. The three were wearing bright matching smiles.

"Good to see you again, Black Wolves!" Alpha Michael hollered. The pack returned it with cheers.

Soon after that, it was just the pack members going about and talking with the family. Having barely anything to do, I leaned on a nearby wall and stared at my surroundings.

I was thinking about a dress I saw online the other day when it hit me. That sweet scent that I've been dreading for a year. Pomegranate.

"Our mate!" My wolf, Chastity, squealed in excitement.

"How can you be excited? Don't you remember what he did to us?" I half-yelled at her.

"Maybe we should give him a chance." She suggested and I pushed her to the far back of my mind.

The scent got closer until none other than the Alpha's son came into view. In other words, Chad Gordon.

Just looking at him made me sick although Chastity was howling in pleasure at the sight of him. She was clawing her way to the surface but I kept her under control. Chad, future Alpha of the Black Wolf pack and my sorta worst enemy.

We were close once before, so close that I started to realize how much I felt for him. It's normal and is supposed to happen when you find the other half of you. He knew how I felt about him yet he did the worst thing a werewolf could do.

Our eyes locked and all that hate that I tried to muster up for him washed over me like a tide. His intensely beautiful brown eyes looked into mine and he kept opening and closing his mouth as if he didn't know what to say. One of Chad's dark locks fell in front of his face and I had to resist the urge to brush it back. Oh no!

I cannot be again falling for my mate who rejected me!

°°°

Chad's P.O.V.

That's when I saw her, the girl I rejected a year ago. The girl that hates me for hurting her. Just thinking about it makes me mad at myself. Although no one knows the real truth.

Lily had a hurt and angry expression on her face and narrowed those hypnotizing, blue orbs that I missed so much at me. I did the same, trying to act like I didn't care but I did.

"Oh! How I missed seeing our mate," Greg, my wolf, heaved a pleasured sigh.

"We rejected them, remember?" I said, getting annoyed.

"No. You rejected them, you douche!" he yelled and I pushed him to the back if my mind.

Someone in the room cleared their throat and said, "Chad?" I turned to Beta Craig, Lily's dad.

"Oh! Nice to see you, Beta." I said, coming back to reality and shook the Beta's extended hand. Using my peripheral vision, I captured Lily rolling her eyes.

"It's a pleasure to see you again, Lily. You've grown into such a beautiful young woman," dad said to my ma- I mean Lily. I've got to admit, he is damn right.

"Same to you, Alpha." She shook my dad's hand and smiled. The same smile that I bet could make me go insane any day. I couldn't help but allow my eyes to rake over her body. She looks way more beautiful than she did a year ago. Her long, black hair fell down her back in natural waves. Her blue eyes were still as sparkling as I remembered. She grew a few more curves that made her look irresistible.

"I believe you remember my son Chad?" My father continued, a bit too hopefully.

"How could I forget?" She said bitterly which only made me feel worse.

The feeling cleared when we were led into the living room where the rest of the pack members were either sitting or moving around. It's been a long time since I've been here.

Sneaking a glance at Lily, I saw a male wrapping his arms around her from behind. Greg growled viciously in displeasure. Is he her boyfriend? How long has this been going on?

"Jealous?" A familiar voice mocked me in my head. I looked around the room for a culprit.

"How did you know what I was thinking?" I asked her through mind link. No one should be able to do that. Lily just ignored me and rolled her eyes.

"Who's the pal?" I asked her, referring to the guy that I so badly wanted to rip the throat out of.

"It's none of your business to know that!" She snapped.

"Uh... I think it is," As soon as I said those words, I wish I could take them back.

"No it isn't," she dropped her gaze to the floor, "We're not mates anymore."

Ouch. Those words caused a jabbing pain in my heart. I've always wondered how Lily felt when I rejected her. Now I know. There's this feeling of intense pain lurking around your body that makes you feel like you are gonna fall breathless to the floor in any moment. It's almost as if a strong side of you is fading. If this isn't rejection, then damn. I hurt Lily bad. Real bad.

I was about to say something else when she put her wall up. I let out an exasperated sigh and leaned on the arm of one of the white couches.

"Good morning, everyone!" My dad's loud voice boomed, causing everyone's heads to snap in his direction. He started to talk about pack stuff bit I was too zoned out to listen. All I could think about was Lily and how I missed talking to her.

It wasn't until I felt manly hands pat me on the shoulder, that I snapped out of my trance, "Long time, no see."

I turned around to Taylor, one of my best friends and also Lily's brother. He's future Beta, taking the position from his dad. "Taylor! What's up, man?"

He grinned and gave me a bro hug, "Man. I feel like I haven't seen you in ages," Taylor and I have been best buds since we were in diapers. His dad was best friends with my dad and Third Roger. I thought he was still mad at me for rejecting his little sister.

"Well it has been a year," I responded.

"So anyways, me and some of the guys are gonna play basketball on the court. Wanna come with?" Taylor suggested.

"You know I can't turn down a b/ball game. Just let me go change off." He replied with a 'sure' and I jogged up the stairs to my new room. Well, it's the room I always stay in but whatever. I opened the door then quickly changed into a pair of shorts, leaving myself bare chested. Then I slipped on some socks and sneakers.

After changing, I headed downstairs where found Taylor and four of my other friends, Louis; future Third in Command and other best pal, Matthew, Simon and Hunter. They all looked eager to play.

"Ay! What's up, man?" Louis greeted me, along with the other boys.

"You know, just chilling." I fist bumped the guys with a smile.

"Well it's good to have you back, brah." Matthew said.

"And it's good to be back. Now, let's go own that court." I led the boys through the back door and to the basketball court. Walking onto the court, we saw a group of good looking girls huddled near the court. Lily was amongst them.

"Well hello, ladies!" Hunter, the heart throb of our group, called out to the girls. He is the kind of guy that has plenty of girls swooning over him.

The girls giggled except for Lily who rolled her eyes, obviously not under Hunter's spell. Good.

"Hi, Hunter. Sorry to rain on your horny parade but none of us are interested in sleeping with you," she scoffed. Her friends along with me and the other boys snickered.

Hunter just shrugged it off and continued, "I don't know. Denise doesn't look so sure," A smirk formed on his face.

All heads snapped to Denise. The brunette was blushing profusely.

"You here for the court or what?" Rachael, Lily's best friend, said. I remember hanging out with her before but, since the rejection, she hasn't spoken to me.

The rejection. Goddess! It haunts me every time. You know, I have never been this frustrated over something before. I'd more be the guy who shrugs everything off, one who keeps that nonchalant attitude. But not this time. I realized that my action not only hurt my soul mate, but the people closest to us.

"Yeah, but spending time with you fine ladies is well worth my time," he smirked again.

"What will it take—other than sleeping with you—to get you and your basketball buddies off our cases?" Lily asked in a sassy tone.

"Well, I'd love to see those booties out on that court playing some basketball against us." Hunter suggested a game between us and the girls.

"You're on." Lily replied. To her girlfriends she said, "Let's show these douches how to really play ball." They strutted onto the court and got into positions.

"Let the games begin."

°°°

I have to admit, the girls are playing a good game and got it tying at 53-53. Now it was down to the last win. In a matter of time, I had the ball with Lily against me. I mind linked the guys asking them to pass me the ball and the girls asking them to have Lily try to win it over. The girls were hesitant but I am future Alpha so...

"Hey, Lily, can we talk after?" I asked her while dribbling the ball out of her reach.

"I don't think so." Her reply should've made me disappointed, but she just spoke to me for the first time in a year. I was practically thrilled.

I was so deep in the thought that I hadn't realized when Lily managed to snatch the ball from me and into the hoop, causing the girls to win the game.

After the girls hollered in triumph and the boys glared at me for letting my guard down, Lily walked pass me but not before saying, "We can talk when the time's right."

I realized at that time that I had to talk to her now. So, me being desperate, followed her back inside the house.

Before you say I'm stalking her, just know that I'm only following her. Wait, that does sound like stalking doesn't it?

Making sure no one saw me, I trailed a few feet away from her. Lily jogged up the stairs and I did the same, keeping my feet light on the steps. She turned and made her way into a room, closing the door behind her.

I sneaked up and came to a halt at the door. Hesitation seeped through me, not feeling too comfortable about invading her privacy.

But if I knocked and asked to talk now she would say no. After some consideration, I slowly turned the knob and cautiously stepped inside.

My first thoughts when I stepped in; Now I understand why people knock before entry.

°°°

That was Chapter 1's rewrite. Hope it was better but a lot was the same so prob not. Lily up top btw, as Jessica Green. Her eyes are to die for!!!

You know the drill...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 535 35
Two strangers fall captive to a sudden delectable aroma in the air. The scent guides their eyes to meet, igniting a spark which blazes into an infern...
1.3M 41.9K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
581 44 19
<> BOOK ONE of The Forbidden Series <> The Night Fury and Lunar Eclipse packs have battled over territory for centuries. Chloe Gillman is the little...
2.2K 23 31
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...