Plus, Love #WattyAward2016

By SuperNerdAway

Melanie Lynch. A simple girl full of fire. No one has had the thought to notice her flames though. Daniel Gr... More

Extended Description
"We're Going To Prom!"
Guess What He Did.
'Love Mom"
Lace
Sweater
Let's Go Shopping
Shopping
See you in a few
Breakfast or death by house fire?
Getting Ready
(A/N)
Prom Part 1
Prom Part 2
Sociopath
Post-Prom Blues
Honesty is the Best Policy
Hips For Days
21 Days
And a Deal Was Made
Is It Too Late To Say Sorry
Netflix and Chill
Goodbye Forever, Finally
To Hell
Bonus Chapter
Okay
Buttercup
Late Start
I Second That
Damn You Mother Nature
Welcome To The Family
Messages
911
The Biggest Ball Of Mozzarella
Prep
Party Like You're Alone Together
Explicit Content
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Doctors, ice cream, and kisses?

7.3K 227 21
By SuperNerdAway

Chapter 27

Melanie's P.O.V.

I tried to roll over to get my alarm but my waist was only pulled back. I peeked one eye open and glanced behind me to Danny.

"Babe, let me go." I groaned out as his grip tightened. He hummed in response and feathered light kisses down my neck.

I leaned in to him as the alarm stopped and let him reach my lips even though I know we both have some harsh breath right now.

"I like the way you say babe in the morning." He grumbled kissing back down my jaw. I giggled from the vibrations and he nuzzled closer. I sighed at our closeness before the alarm went off again with Baby by the one and only JB. This time Danny groaned and leaned over top of me turning the phone off completely. He nuzzled back into the crook of my neck and leaned my head on top of his. He lightly kissed my collar bone and I let my eyes close in contentment.

I could do this every morning.

My eyes snapped open and I looked over to the time.

10:37.

"Shit, I forgot Ethen has a doctors appointment at eleven-thrity. Dad had work today." I said hopping up and rushing to the bathroom. Danny followed close behind me and we quickly brushed our teeth, he's had his own toothbrush over here for a while now. I went to Ethen's room to find him wrestling with his bed sheets as he was waking up. He's already taken full advantage of being able to stay up late and it's taking it's toll.

"Hey buddy, we have to go to the doctor today. It's time to get up." I said resting down on his bed and shaking him lightly. He rolled over and sat up next to me rubbing both of his eyes.

"Sorry squirt we don't have much time. Up and at em." I said standing and lightly tugging him with me. He yawned but got up anyway and wobbled to the bathroom. I went over to his dresser and pulled out his favorite pants and lucky socks. His words, not mine. He can pick a t-shirt from his closet himself. Danny was leaned against the door way watching me with a small smile.

"Do you ever want kids?" He asked as I walked past him towards my room. I threw him a questioning look but nodded anyway.

"Not soon but maybe before I'm thirty. I've helped take care of Ethen a lot and I know the struggles of having to take care of small children on your own and it can be really frustrating. I don't feel like I've missed out on anything but I want to live a little, you know? Do you want any?" I asked even confusing myself the slightest. He thought for a moment then nodded. I bent over to throw my hair up in a messy bun. Lazy girl status.

"Yeah, but I want to make sure I'm with the right person." He said sliding on his shirt. He took it off sometime in the night. Then he came over to me and rested both of his arms around my waist and on my hips.

"And you wouldn't be doing it alone. You would have somebody, hell you might even have me." He said throwing me a wink. I smiled and rolled my eyes but went onto my toes to give him a kiss anyway. Danny and I talked like this a lot, the future and what we want to do with our lives, but we always find a way to incorporate each other. We both have plans, we know nothing lasts forever, but maybe we both hope it might.

Danny deepened the kiss slowly, his hands moving to my hips and tugging them closer. I barely stumbled too him but he kept his grip tight not letting me slip away. My arms progressed up his torso and around his neck, my hands getting lost in the thickness he calls hair. He groaned a little at the small tug but we both jumped away from each other when we heard the door shift open.
Every ounce of blood in my body rushed to my face and I stood there like an idiot looking at my baby brother ready to go.

"Hey buddy, thank goodness you found me, your sister was getting hungry." Danny said quickly pointing to me and rushing out the door screaming. I could hear Ethen's cackles all the way down the stairs as he chased after Danny, scared I might try to eat him too. I chuckled to myself then poured my legs into some jeans and grabbed a tank top and flannel, probably the easiest thing to wear in the history of clothing. I slid on some socks and my shoes then went to the bathroom to handle my...business.

Once down stairs with my purse and phone in hand, I couldn't find either of them.

"Come on guys, we gotta go." I called out as I checked the down stairs only to find nothing. It was almost eleven and we had a fifteen minute drive.

"You better come out before the sissy monster gets both of you." I sang out this time. I could hear Ethen's quiet giggle from the kitchen and tore open the cabinet under the sink.

"Gotcha. Now if you tell me where Danny is, I won't eat you." I rushed out quickly, but slow enough that he could understand me. The grin never left his face as he pointed towards the stairs. We hand a small area that we used for storage since we didn't have a big attic. I raised an eyebrow but he nodded.

"I put him there cause he didn't know where to hide." Ethen said between giggles. I grinned and helped him out of the small area.

"Let's get him." I whispered as we approached the door. Ethen swung the door open as fast as he could but Danny jumped out and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Oh no, Ethen, he's got me. Help!" I cried out as Danny squeezed and lifted me off the floor.

"If you don't let her go, I'm gonna make the doctor stick you with needwles instead." Ethen said stomping his right foot and pointing a finger at Danny. Danny's eyes widened and he rested me back to the floor gently. He raised his hands above his head in defense and stepped about a foot away.

"Okay, okay, you win. I wouldn't want to cry in front of your sister." He said walked towards Ethen. Danny swooped him up and threw him over his right shoulder tickling his sides in the process.

"Sissy, help me." Ethen cried out as Danny bolted for the car. I quickly grabbed the keys and bag, tossing my phone in, in the process the raced out the door behind them. I paused once I was half way down the stairs and raced back up to lock the door.

"Come on, sweet cheeks, we're going to be late." Danny called out getting in the passenger side. I rolled my eyes at him but put just a bit more pep in my step before I hopped in the car and pulled out quickly.

11:08. We can make it.

"So why do you lock the door every time? Don't call me senseless, I get it, but even I've left the door unlocked once or twice when I was going to be late." Danny asked once I got on the main highway, it was a straight shot and left to the office. I flicked the rearview mirror down and made sure Ethen wasn't paying attention before I glanced at Danny for a second.

"One of mom's first rounds of chemo, she had to be on time and there was no being late. I was the last one out trying to find something and I didn't lock the door." I paused turning on the radio lightly. "When we came home six hours later the down stairs was trashed. Living room, kitchen, small space you were hiding in. The whole floor, I have no idea why the never sought out the up stairs. Nothing was even missing, they just trashed the place. Come to find out, it was a bailed asshole that was more than guilty and hired my father." I just shook my head and let out a bitter chuckle. Danny shook his head in understanding.

"That's a perfect reason."

I pulled up to the small practice that was more than family oriented and helped Ethen out of his seat. We were right on time with five minutes to spare, thank you lack of lunch hour traffic. We all strolled into the pretty vacant waiting area and approached the front desk.

"Hi, how can I help you?" Asked the receptionist. I didn't recognize her.

"Eleven thirty appointment for Ethen Lynch with Dr. Robison." I said giving her a small smile. She nodded and typed a few things.

"A nurse will be right out to get you. You both have a very adorable son." She said giving us both a thousand watt smile. My face flooded and I opened my mouth quickly but nothing came out.

"Don't worry darling, I had my first young too." She said then closed her window. I turned to Danny for help but he was just stifling laughter. I just shook my head and went for the chairs.

"Do I really look that old, Ethen?" I asked my little brother as he approached.

"Not a day over twenty. But you sound old." He said scrunching up his nose. I scuffed and crossed my arms leaning back. He quickly jumped into the seat next to mine and kissed my cheek.

"Don't feel bad. That one bird will bring you and Danny lots of cute babies." He said sitting back and resting his head on the wall like he just solved of the worlds problems. My jaw hung low at the words and Danny's booming laughter rang through the empty room, disrupting the one women with a toddler, who laughed with him. Something opened in my chest and I had that light feeling again. The one that made me think all of the worlds problems were solved and everything would be okay. The one were I could almost say I felt whole.

"The stork would bring us pretty cute babies, huh?" Danny teased leaning over the chair and I a bit.

"Ethen Lynch?" Our usual nurse called out. She smiled when she spotted us and threw a small, questioning glance between Danny and I as we approached.

"Hey guys, let's get your weight and height kiddo." She said in the direction on Ethen.

"Slip off your shoes and hop on the scale." She said. Ethen slide off his shoes and handed them to Danny then got on the scale happily. He really didn't mind the doctors office and loved Dr. Robinson.

"Almost seventy pounds, your growing little one. Now stand up straight against the wall until the back of your feet touch." I watched as my little brother stood as tall as he could, determined to make that inch for the carnival at the end of the summer.

"Guess what Ethen?" Ms. Doris, the nurse, asked in a hushed tone.

"You are officially four feet tall and shooting above kids your age." She said in an excited voice throwing up a hand for a high five.

"And you are tall enough for the roller coaster you always talk about." She said throwing me a small wink. She was always my nurse and now Ethen's. We share the same doctor and dad was eternally grateful for how much easier it made things.

Ethen did a small fist bump and jumped happily before asking for his shoes back politely, and for someone to tie them. He was still getting the hang of using his fingers quickly.

Danny stepped forward and squatted in front of the small, big boy that was my awesome little brother. Doris pulled me ahead and found our room before giving me a smirk.

"Well look how got a hold of a good looking kid." She said lightly bumping her shoulder with mine. She wanted details. I scuffed and rolled my eyes but answered anyway.

"He asked me to prom, I rejected him, he showed up at me house and didn't stop from there. I was a bet and we've gotten threw that, it seriosly doesn't bother me." I said giving her a reassuring look when she gave me a hurt one. She nodded for me to go on as she shuffled through the cabinet. Danny was showing Ethan another way to tie his shoes. "We were friends before, but that went down hill after mom. And I really think I'm happier." I said with a small sigh. I looked back to her as Ethen started to tie the other shoe. A grin had made it's way to her lips and she sighed as well.

"I swear, everyday I see that everything really does happen for a reason." She said with a small chuckle. Danny and Ethen approached me leaned against the door way and wrapped one arm around my waist.

"He's got it down now." He said in a confident voice.
"Oh really?" I clarified raising an eyebrow. We had been at this for a good year now, not that I was complaining, he was making progress just a little slowly. He nodded.

"Absolutely."

"Alight, today you are only here for a check up so I'm just gonna poke around a little bit before Dr. Robinson comes in, okay?" She asked in a kind voice. She was a great nurse and person generally.

He nodded and laid back as told lifting his shirt lightly. She pressed a few places, sat him back up checked his temperature, blood pressure, ears, eyes, nose, throat. The usual, then the doctor would do the same.

"We should go for ice cream after this." Danny whispered leaning a little closer.

"You sure? You don't have to come." I said turning my head to look at him. He wasn't even an inch taller than me sitting but I still had to look up to him.

"Of course I do, I'm taking my beautiful girlfriend and her awesome little brother out for ice cream. What more could a guy ask for?" He asked kissing the top on of my head. I just leaned into him with a smile.

This should be interesting.

The appointment was over, Ethen was in perfect condition ready to fight the summer and that roller coaster. Danny was driving this time, much to my disapproval, he called me a mom then insisted that he show us the way to his favorite ice scream shop.
He couldn't remember the name of it, only how to get there.

"How do you forget the name of one of your favorite places?" I asked shifting so I faced Danny more than the road. He was the one driving after all.

"Well once you've been to the same place a thousand times in your life you just know. Sorry if that displeases you." He said sticking his tongue out at me the brief moment he looked from the road. He pulled off the highway and up the a small strip mall. He parked in front of the store all the way to the left called Lucile's.

"They have a different ice cream all the time and a bunch of weird flavors." He said hopping out and coming around to my side. Ethen was already out the car wait beside Danny. I took both Danny and Ethen's hand as we walked up and entered with a small ding from the door.

"Welcome to Lucile's." An older women called out from behind the counter before the door closed behind us. The place was relatively packed for the lack of cars out front. We approached the chilly, blocked off ice cream counter and were welcomed with a warm smile.

"Today's flavors are grape, honey, green tea, triple chocolate mocha, caramel cashew, melty s'mores, the Batman, and chocolate chip vanilla swirl." Ethen looked like he wanted to cry with happiness and spoke up before either of us much to my surprise.

"What's the Batman taste like?" He asked skipping closer to the counter to get a better look. She grinned and got a small sampler spoon giving it to him after giving me a small look of approval to which I was more than happy to agree.

"It's dark chocolate, with chunks of mango and little chocolate bats." She answered. He shoved the spoon in his mouth and let out a small laugh.

"That's weird." He said licking the spoon again. "But I like it. A lot. One scoop please." He said turning to me.

"What size, mam? A small is two scoops, medium three, and large five. Toppings are free." She asked. I grinned and stepped forward with her politeness.

"Give the kid a medium. Can we pick different scoops?" I asked getting a little excited myself.

"Absolutely. You can taste every one if you'd like." She said giving Danny and small smirk. Ethen's eyes widen yet again and he raised his hand.

"Where do I sign?" He called out, his words slurring together in excitement. We all let out a hardy laugh and she beamed at him.

"Which one would you like to try next?"

Twenty dollars later we are going home with a half pint of the Batman, a half pint of honey, Danny and I are sharing a large with s'mores, Batman, caramel cashew, honey and triple chocolate mocha and Ethen is half done with his three scoops.

"My dad may or may not hate you after this." I whispered as I leaned over to give him a bite as he drove.

"I think that is a hate I'm willing to except." He whispered back taking the spoon from me. He savored the bite as he drove carefully with one hand. The road wasn't busy and we were all relaxed. Today was a good day. I let some of the honey ice cream melt in my mouth and hummed with delight. This one was by far my favorite. It held a strong honey flavor but it wasn't so over powering that I couldn't stand it. Danny blindly reached his spoon over and scooped some of the s'mores up.

"This one's the best." He said as he devoured the large scoop he just received.

"I think honey is better." I said getting myself another spoon full.

"I agree with Danny. But we all know that no matter what Batman is the best." Ethen spoke up from the back. My jaw went slack at him and he giggled.

"How dare you betray your own sister. I bought you that ice cream you know." I said looking back at him. He shook his head.
"No you didn't. You paid for the tubs." He sassed back in a dull tone, like I was the stupid in the car.

"Wow. You proud? You officially converted my poor, defenseless, baby brother to your ways. How does that make you feel?" I rushed out at Danny trying to contain my laughter. His eyes widened slightly then he drew together his eyebrows in an extremely cute, confused look.

"I didn't do anything. I simply expanded his ice cream horizons, honey." He said with a smirk. My right eyebrow raised and the smile I had fell from my face.

"Really?" I asked him dully. He grinned.
"Sure is, honey." He said back giving me a kissy face. I smirked leaning back in my seat making sure to keep he ice cream out of his reach.

"Ok, cub scout." He coughed at the name and scuffed before reached his spoon over once again and missing. This time I stuck my tongue out at him and he huffed.

"I swear if you don't share you will royally regret it." He stated not taking his eyes off the road.

"Oh, you're a royal now." I said taking another bite. "And what exactly should I be expecting?" I asked glancing out the window. We were almost home.

"I don't believe those are things we can discuss at this present time." He replied, his eyes glancing in the rearview mirror at an overly delighted Ethen devouring his treat. My face flushed at the comment and the ice cream came closer to the center of my lap. He smirked as he reached his spoon over once again and stole a scoop. He took the triple chocolate mocha to his lips and hummed at my response.

"That's what I thought." He mumbled out as he ate happily. I 'humphed' and took another bite as well as Danny pulled in the driveway to my house. I got out and opened the door for Ethen before Danny was even half way around to my side. Ethen raced up the stairs after spotting dads car and tore in too the unlocked house.

You would have thought, after years of me locking the door, one of them would have figured it out by now.

Danny wrapped his arms around my waist securing one and getting a scoop of ice cream with the other.

"You still wanna know?" He asked after eating. I shushed him and walked out of his grip with the bag of ice cream in hand and a blush ridden face. I took a careful bite of the cold goodness as I entered the house to try and focus but failed. My somewhat innocent mind wandered and I found myself eating quicker.

"You okay kiddo?" My dad asked coming into the dining room. I paused and swallowed the mouthful of ice cream only resulting in a brain freeze.

"Yeah not anymore." I said clamping my eyes shut and forcing my tongue to the roof of my mouth. Danny chuckled behind me as he took bag and ice cream out of my hands.

"You're cut off. Anymore and you will not only have a worsened brain freeze, but you'll be jacked on sugar." Danny said handing the bag to my father and eating some himself. My oh so wonderful father chuckled at the both of us and peeked in the bag,

"I'm almost full adult. I don't get hyped from sugar I pass out from it. Six year olds on the other hand." I said gaining some heat back in my head. Dad narrowed his eyes at me.

"How many scoops did he have." He demanded more than said.

"Three." I said sweetly taking the ice cream back from Danny. His eyebrow raised.

"And exactly how big were these scoops?" He asked with a slightly worried expression. Ethen always went a little coo coo on loads of sugar and we both new it. That's why good things were rare for now.

"Precisely three fourths a cup. Each." I said taking another small bite. His head turned to the floor.

"Damn it. I gotta catch up." He mumbled before heading to the kitchen.

"That's our cue." I said pointing towards the up stairs. I turned on my heel and Danny was more than happy to follow.

Once in with shoes off and laid back on the bed, Danny and I took turns passing the small remains of ice cream back and forth. He took the final bite and set the trash on the night stand, more than happy to lean over me instead of pass it.

"If I don't have to eat ice cream for the next two weeks I would be perfectly happy." He said laying on his back. I scooted down next to him and let him intertwine our hands.

"Agreed." I said letting my eyes flutter close.

"Hey Mel." He said after a minute of silence. I peeked my right eye open and glanced at him. He was looking at me.

"What?" I asked closing my eye.

"Do you know how long it's been since you've given me a kiss?" He asked cockily. A small smile made it's way to my lips.

"No clue but I'm sure it has been far too long for you." I said rolling on my side to face him. He grinned and pulled my face closer to his. I paused not even an inch from his face.

"You're arrogant, you know that?" I asked, my smile only widening. His eyes met mine and I got dazed in the dark green and gold pupils he thought were so simple, yet so complex.

"You love me." He said finally letting his lips to mine. The blush yet again rose in my face and I hummed in response. I was thankful Ethen was keeping Dad busy but kept a good ear just in case. Danny's hands gripped my waist firmly and rolled my hips on to his, on top of him. He paused and sat up a bit then grabbed my hips once again pulling me close. He bit down on my bottom lip and let his hands wander back father then before, more than happy to get a couple hand fulls of ass. I gasped and arched my back into him, he took the opportunity to take matters in to his own hands and entered my mouth. I let him with pleasure, he tasted like chocolate. He grabbed on my hips again and let his finger trail underneath the him of my shirt on skin. Goosebumps rose everywhere and this time I kissed down Danny's jaw. I reached right underneath his jaw and his breath hitch slightly.

"Melanie." He stated my name as I let my teeth graze the skin lightly. I hummed kissing back up towards his lips. Lips that I get to kiss.

"How far can you tease me, doll face?" He asked. I shrugged enjoying the feeling of his skin under my lips.

"I trust you." I paused as the words traveled over his skin. "I've just never done anything." I said pulling away with a sigh. I small grin made it's way to his face.

"Really?" He asked, his voice just a tab higher than normal. I groaned and let my face fall into the crook of his neck as I nodded. He rubbed my lower back and sat me up.

"Hey no, don't feel bad. That actually makes me glad." He said placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I blushed but threw a soft punch at his chest anyway.

"You just like being the taker of all things private." I said wrapping my hands around his neck and resting my fingers in his hair. He nuzzled against me and placed another light kiss on my inner arm.

"No, I like being the last giver of all things. In general." He paused thinking for a moment before smirking.

"I think you mean more to me than we both realize, Mel."

A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEY SEXY BABES 

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO (The only day that i can eat tacos before ten a.m. and not be judged) jk

Okay  but yay new chapter AND Greys Anatomy. Best day ever. 

Love you all sosossososososso much and i hope you have a wonderful day, lunch, siesta, night. 

Please comment, vote and read on!! Its bout to get hot in here ;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
CHUBBY By 😌😏

Teen Fiction

114K 3.5K 30
{COMPLETED}{Caution- First book;Old} {#9 in curvy and curves -9/28/19} {#1 in beginner -9/28/19//10/19/19} {#3 in beginner -8/26/19} {#17 in Relatabl...
106K 5K 27
What sucks more than being overweight? Falling for someone you don't have a shot in hell with. Ella Carson has always felt like the odd girl out. Bul...
1.5M 51.5K 77
She is Bubbly, He is Arrogant She is the ray of sunshine, He is full of darkness. This story about an plus size woman and an handsome man. Both are...