Sorry For the Sin

By rozyhtaylor

Fan fiction Call the midwife Patsy and Delia I feel like its not the normal happy Pupcake fan fiction More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty - Three THE END

Chapter Fifteen

391 9 3
By rozyhtaylor

Sorry its taken so long for the update - thanks for everyone's reviews and likes it means a lot.  Still not really sure how much further to take this story. - R

Please Enjoy

___________________________________________________

They were linking arms and laughing when entering the home they shared. Patsy had completely forgotten that not only was she not in work she had in fact called in sick. She definitely wasn't sick.

"Miss Mount – Glad to see you feeling better" Sister Julienne said, her stern voice made Patsy and Delia's arm unlink at one and wiped there smitten smiles off both their faces.

"The hospital was quite concern when you rang in sick this morning as was I when I didn't find you in your room" She spoke fast and clearly, the speed didn't take away from the disapproving tone in her voice. Patsy didn't know what to say, she had had a great day much better than A and E, no one nun or not could take that away from her.

"Look sister..." Patsy started to speak but she could feel Delia's concerned eyes staring at her, making her watch her words. "I'm sorry sister" Was all she could say, she was sorry but she wasn't sorry for missing work and pretending to be sick she was sorry that the rest of the world disapproved of her love. Patsy had no reason do to what she did, not in anyone else's mind anyway but in her mind there was 101 reasons why calling in sick was the right thing to do. She needed to be with Delia and she was sick of being stopped for no good reason.

"If you could join me in my office I would greatly appreciate it" Sister Julienne said, there was no smile on her face. No joy. There was nothing on her face. There was a first – disappointment but now there was nothing, it's like she was past caring, or she simply didn't care anymore. As patsy followed sister to her office, she looked back at Delia who still stood in the door way, she was trying to smile to keep Patsy smiling but she couldn't, she couldn't fake a smile. There was nothing to be happy about. She didn't know what to think but Delia wasn't sure she wanted to think. She just wanted to go back to how the day was a few moments before, when they were just 2 ladies who lunched and had gone to the pictures – no questions asked. But now there was going to be more questions asked then either of the lovers could answer or more than either of them wanted too.

Trixie came rushing to see Delia after the office door slammed shut

"It was Sister Mary Cynthia – Delia I'm so sorry, but to her, her faith meant more" Trixie said, there was a sadness in her voice that Delia didn't recognize. Delia had no idea what Trixie was on about but whatever it was- it sounded like she was about to lose her Patsy, she couldn't lose her Patsy. After everything they had been through there relationship was about to be ruined by a nun! Fear crippled her body, she wanted to move, to act like everything was okay but she couldn't pretend any longer.

Delia finally looked Trixie in the eye, she as tearing up they both were "What did the sister do?" Delia spoke calmly but there as an inner anger resent in her sole that patsy would have noticed but she knew Trixie wouldn't.

"Patsy told sister yesterday and Cynthia couldn't keep it to herself" Trixie spoke to Delia like she was a concern parent, she couldn't help it, she was concerned and it wasn't like Delia could talk to her parents about the events of the previous weeks. Delia couldn't talk to anyone about the events of the previous week – neither of the girls trust any, Patsy would barely talk to Trixie about it and they were close all things considered.

Delia couldn't spit out any worlds but she could feel the anger inside of her. Before she could think twice and long before Trixie could react. Delia stormed into the other room where the sister sat rolling bandages with Sister Monica Joan.

"You did this" Was all Delia could say. Slap. Before anyone could do anything, Delia's hand made a sharp bunt contact with the sister's face. Her hand cracked across the sister's face, snapping it back with the force of her blow and causing the sisters head to reel sickeningly as it slammed back into the tense air behind her. Delia wanted to feel bad with all that sister Mary Cynthia had gone through she didn't deserve to be slapped but at that moment Delia had no control of her actions. Tears rolled down her face, and her whole body shook, she didn't even know what the sister was saying to her in the office but she didn't care – she knew it wouldn't be good.

Trixie grabbed Delia and held her, while she just cried that was all they could do and no one could blame her.

"You brought this pain apone one's self" Sister Monica Joan said, but she wasn't looking at Delia who was in tears, she was looking at her fellow sister who held her face in both pain and shock.

"It's a sin" Sister Mary Cynthia quivered back in response

"Come on Delia, let me take you upstairs" Trixie said avoiding responding to either sisters, she knew that she loved Delia and Patsy but she wasn't religious, she didn't have the same views as the nuns , so she didn't feel it was her place to comment especially since she snapped at Cynthia yesterday over what was her beliefs. Delia didn't speak, she just let Trixie hold her and guide her up the stairs into the room that Trixie shared with Patsy.

The truth was she didn't know what to say, she had never slapped someone like that, she had never slapped someone with so much anger ,so much rage and at the moment her hand hit the face she was filled with so much hatred. She had been so hidden, so alone for so long – the she met Patsy and everything made sense. After the accident she didn't think anything would ever make sense again. When it finally did she was so happy and she couldn't understand why someone would want to take that away from her. Why would someone want to take away the one person that made her world make sense?

Meanwhile Patsy had no idea what Delia had done, not that she would have stopped her, she had just as much anger for Sister Mary Cynthia as Delia did!

"Nurse Mount" Sister Julienne said, breaking the silence that had followed them in to the normally chatty office. "I don't know what you were thinking, calling in sick. They gave you that post in the London out of kindness and you think it's acceptable to phone in sick..."

"Sorry Sister" Patsy cut in to say which made the sister even more annoyed much to Patsy's horror

"Not only that nurse Mount you then spend you day with Nurse Busby- with recent rumors that are going around and what you told Sister Mary Cynthia" Patsy's heart sunk when she heard that sister Mary Cynthia has picked faith over friendship – she had picked the nun and god over one of her friends and her happiness. Patsy didn't know what to say, well she knew exactly what she wanted to say – she just knew that it wouldn't help the situation.

"I don't know what you want me to say sister" Patsy replied. She wasn't going to come out with some heartfelt apology , saying how deeply sorry she was because she wasn't sorry an she wasn't going to lie anymore – she was sick of living a lie when her lie wasn't hurting anyone but everyone was hurting her.

"Well..." Sister Julienne said, starting to speak before Patsy cut in filled with a new lease of life, a new lease of passion.

"You can think what you want about me and Delia but we have both been through a lot if you don't mind me saying- we aren't hurting anyone but you have already taken midwifery away from me, if you don't want me here I will more than happily pack my bag and find another job because I am a midwife. In fact I'm a very good midwife." Patsy spoke fast in an attempt to not only say everything she wanted to say but also so she didn't stutter and make her point look any less valid.

"You are a very good midwife but what you're doing..." Sister paused for a moment trying to work out way not to offend Nurse Mount more than she already have to because while she couldn't condone what she was doing she still cared deeply about the redheaded nurse and her welsh friend.

"... The lifestyle you have decided to pursue, you can't do that and be a midwife"

"Well I was doing it alright before everyone stuck there nose in and decided I will the biggest sinner since Hitler." This while patsy never said it to Sister Julienne, this was her admission and the sister knew that.

"Then I'm afraid you are going to have to leave us Nurse Mount -  be out by Monday" There was a sadness in her voice. Sister Julienne tried to stick to the rules, and this was what had happened, he was going to lose a perfectly good midwife.

"I'm sorry Nurse Mount" Was all sister Julienne could say. There was a small hint of emotion in the sister's voice but she was trying to stand strong. The rules were there for a reason. That's what she had to keep telling herself anyway.

"So am I Sister, so am I. "Patsy didn't cry, she had wasted so many tears on feelings in the last few weeks, she had no tears left. Her eyes were dry. The feelings flowing through her body were unreal. Her brain wasn't processing as much as she wanted to try and rationalize the events in the office but she couldn't. She couldn't face the fact that she had 4 days until she would be leaving but she didn't have a plan, nowhere to go. Nothing but Delia. Delia was love and love was irrational and stupid. Patsy didn't really understand what that meant until she had met Delia but now, crazy irrational things seemed to make so much more sense.

___________________

Have prewritten next chapter due out Tuesday.

Please tell me what you think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1K 25
Love is all "Percabeth" (and a bit lot of smut inside)
1.3K 36 9
rose of night hello everybody letting you guys know I'm going to start writing hell of a boss fanfiction as well I'm going to be doing it about Luna...
1.6K 17 32
In which; A teenage girl writes out your (and her own) delusions to their favourite characters (who ppl may or may not be attracted to!) and hopeful...
1.1K 22 4
(Hey just so people know I used to be Arianacvnty but then my account got deleted so yea but here I am and enjoy)🥰