Chapter eighteen

I hope this isn't boring people. I have another Fanfic on fan fiction.com called 'Timothy's secret' please check it out. I am also releasing another one on here so keep an eye out.

Please like and tell me what you think!  - R

___________________________________________________

A knock on the door made both the girls jump, neither of them wanted to move but with a sudden spear of energy Delia opened the door to find sister Mary Cynthia. They hadn't spoke since the incident and while it was never reported the mark on the sisters face was explained to the people to close to her, the mark was truly a crime of love and passion. It wasn't meant to hurt Sister Mary Cynthia for fun; it was Delia's way of making her understand the pain that the lovers faced. Sister knew that.

"Hello Patsy" She spoke, her voice was still as happy as ever. She completely looked past Delia for reasons unknown to everyone even the sister herself.

"Sister," Patsy said, her voice was shaking, but she was trying to stay calm.

"I just wondered if you needed any help with the packing that was all."

"She's just fine thank you very much!" A voice snapped from behind the sister.

"You all right Trixie? Mrs Baxter okay?" Delia asked. Letting Patsy breath a small silent sigh of relief

"A healthy baby boy," Trixie said smiling, overtaking the sister and placing herself down on her bed

"Good I'm glad, with all that trouble she had with her first" Patsy said, giving Trixie a lost sad smile.

Sister Mary Cynthia didn't overstay her welcome and left with Delia shutting the door firmly behind her. Patsy never found out the reason why the sister had done what she had done, nor why she wanted to help Patsy pack up her boxes. She didn't want to know

"I don't understand Pats... why are they doing this to you, yet not one soul has told me to pack up my things" Delia asked, well stated.

"I don't know deels," Patsy said. The truth was she was so caught up in her own troubles to give a second thought to what will happen to Delia, which she knew was selfish but she couldn't think of anything right now, thinking about anything but her next card move made her head hurt and her eyes fill with tears. She really didn't want to leave.

"It is not going to be the same without you here Patsy," Trixie said. She wasn't lying. The house was going to be different without the redhead's ways, her methods of cleaning things or her ability to wear slacks for every occasion. Her honesty around patients.

"Do you remember your first clinic?" Trixie asked, getting a cigarette from the side and staring hopelessly at all the boxes filling up her room.

Patsy nodded holding in her laugh.

"I haven't heard this," Delia said looking at both her friends as they were holding in their laughter

"She called a baby fat Delia," Trixie said, the smoke from her cigarette mixed with her laughter made her cough, but there was a real smile on her face, one that she didn't think would appear.

"You did what Pats?" Delia said. She was now sat down next to her girlfriend. Patsy warmth gave Delia comfort, and she really needed it right now.

Neither Patsy or Trixie could get a word out there mouth. Patsy kept her firmly shut to avoid laughing, and Trixie couldn't hold her laughter in

"I didn't call the poor baby fat" Patsy finally manages to say "I just said the baby was putting on weight and may have implied that the poor sod was taking after their mother," Patsy said, breathing deeply to control her laughter