Oh, Dakota

By writerbug44

Dakota Peters is a simple girl. She is okay with surviving high school with her friends, her brother, and her... More

1- Had Me At Hello
2- Why Don't You Love Me?
3- Heart Attack
4- If I Had You
5- And Run
6- Slow Down
7- Stutter
8- Madhouse
9- Come In With The Rain
10- Really Don't Care
12- For The Love Of A Daughter
13- Bubbly
14- Now Is The Start
15- Start Of Something Good
16- Nothing At All
17- Take My Breath Away
18- Amazed
19- Clarity
20- Love Life
21- Every Rose Has Its Thorns
22- Hurricane
23- Wrecking Ball
24- Sad Song
25- You Suck At Love
26- Bad Day
27- Let Her Go
28- Not Like the Movies
29- Breathe
30- Oh Well, Oh Well
31- It Ends Tonight
32- Hold Onto Me
33- Heart Vacancy
34- Beneath Your Beautiful
35- Warrior
36- Endlessly
37- State of Grace
38- Epilogue
Author's Goodbye </3

11- Come And Get It

71.5K 2.5K 1K
By writerbug44

“We won!”

I rolled my eyes but kept them on the road. It was pretty dark outside and the car was full like a miniature clown car. We were breaking so many laws, it was tragic. “Don’t you always?”

“Yes, we do always.” Todd confirmed from the back. The baseball game had just ended so we were all piled into the car. Luckily, though, there were three cars all going to the same destination that is my house. If we were all in this one car, nobody would have enough room to breathe and it’d be even worse than it was then. We didn’t have school the next day for some weird reason, so almost the whole team was going back to our house to celebrate their unsurprising victory. Marnie even managed to talk her mom into letting her come over (but not spend the night) with Nikki.

It wasn’t even a big win- the school they played against was some small town school that hasn’t won a baseball game for as long as any of the record books can remember. This celebratory party wasn’t really needed, but of course they were in search for any kind of reason to party, even if this wasn’t an alcohol-weed-unsanitary sex kind of party, since my dad would be present, it was still a sweaty-boy, free-food party and that means that everybody was up for it.

When we got home, everyone raced into the house hooting and hollering with their pent up excitement. I walked in, following the large crowd of baseball players with Marnie and Nikki as the whole baseball team barged into my house, raiding our whole kitchen for anything that they could shove into the bottomless pits glued to their faces. I’d learned a long time ago to hide the food precious to me, because if I didn’t then it’d be gone faster than I could remember I even had the food in the first place.

My dad arrived only fifteen minutes after us and when he entered the kitchen, everyone cheered for him enthusiastically with food stuffed in their mouths. He bowed dramatically and said his ‘thank you’s like he’d just won a Grammy or something and his performance was complete with a speech. I wasn’t eating, but Marnie was fully enjoying her night out, which was very amusing considering she wasn’t allowed to celebrations like this very often, so she was flirting with the guys (*cough* Braeden *cough*) .

My dad gave his short I’m-proud-of-you speech to the guys and then they all cheered for him again and then they did our school’s peppy cheer thing before everything settled down a little bit.

“Let’s go upstairs.” I suggested, since I was so used to the rowdiness that it just wasn’t exciting to me, however Marnie and Nikki declined my offer because Nikki said she wanted to hang out with her new boyfriend and Marnie said no because she rarely ever got to hang out with the team like this. Besides, like I said, Braeden was there so how could she not stay down here to ogle over him?

Caleb was there too, but he didn’t really say anything to me for a while because I was just standing in the corner of the room not really talking to anybody. I wasn’t in a bad mood or anything, I just didn’t want to get in the way. I wasn’t as peppy as the team was because it just wasn’t a big win at all. I’d be celebrating with them if it was the national game or something, but it was just a stupid small town game that they win every year.

“You look good tonight.” Caleb finally approached me with a small smile with a can of my Pepsi in his hand. I didn’t hide my Pepsi, but I did hide my Cherry Pepsi, and that’s the stuff that really matters.

“Thanks,” I chirped politely. I was so, completely over him. It was like a switch in my head and yesterday, it just flipped. Well, maybe it was Sunday but either way, it’s gone. I didn’t get nervous around him at all and I didn’t feel like wanting to marry him- even from afar- anymore. I was proud to say that I was completely done with Caleb Fisher. I wasn’t mad at him, though, because he didn’t really do anything too awful to me… or awful at all, I guess. So I wasn’t mad, I was just uninterested.

“You’re welcome.” He grinned, looking down at my outfit. I was wearing white bootie heels with black skinny jeans and white a cropped top with scribbled writing over the front that said “When you’re ready come and get it, nanana” which is quoting Selena Gomez’s song, obviously. The shirt was so cropped that it showed off about two or three inches of my tanned tummy. When he realized that I wasn’t going to say anything, he spoke again. “So, do you want to like, go upstairs or something?”

I shook my head. “No, not with you. But thanks for the offer, I suppose.”

He sighed heavily. “C’mon, Dakota. What happened on Sunday was a misunderstanding.”

“What happened on Sunday has nothing to do with why I won’t go upstairs with you.” I told him honestly. “We aren’t dating and we never were, so you can hook up with whoever you want, it’s none of my concern nor any of my business. But you’re not hooking up with me.”

“Then what’s the problem here?” He wondered. “You said that you like me.”

“Yeah, well I unlike you now.” I informed him, tired of him saying that over and over again like it’s supposed to trigger something inside of me. Oh, you’re right, I did say that, let’s go upstairs now so you can take advantage of me. Like that would ever happen.

He gave me a pleading look but it really didn’t work on me at all. I’m so prone to those puppy dog looks thanks to Owen always trying them on me like, our whole lives, when he’d want something and it’s just so easy to say no to them now. “I thought we could be all cute like the captain of the dance team with the captain of the baseball team. Kind of like Prince Charming, I guess.”

I snorted softly at that completely and utterly ridiculous idea that he probably just pulled out of his ass or something because it sounded so stupid coming from him. “Well, you are not my prince and I am not your princess, that’s for sure.”

“I think you’re lying.” He insisted.

I shook my head. “I’m really not but if you want to make a scene, you probably shouldn’t do it with both my dad and my overprotective brother in the room. Just a suggestion.”

“I’m not making a scene.” Caleb defended.

“No, but you’re going to try.” I accused. “So just leave me alone, Caleb.”

He rolled his eyes rudely at me- I didn’t really care, though- and then walked away, back to the partying baseball team in the kitchen.

“What was that about?” Owen asked me once Caleb was completely gone.

I shrugged. “Caleb being Caleb is all.”

“Is he giving you trouble?” He asked protectively.

I laughed and shook my head. “No, it’s fine, O.”

“Are you sure?” He wondered stubbornly.

I nodded. “Yep, just go and enjoy your victory.”

“If you say so,” He sang reluctantly.

“I say so.” I laughed, pushing Owen away from me and back towards the kitchen from where I was standing on the threshold of the kitchen and the living room.

“So there is a thing with you and Fisher?” My dad wondered, coming over to me after about ten minutes of me standing there by myself.

“Dad,” I groaned. “There is no thing, I promise.”

“It looked like a thing when he was over here talking to you.” He insisted.

“Okay, there was almost a thing.” I admitted. “But the almost-thing is dead now, so no worries.”

“You’re very weird.” He muttered teasingly before disappearing back into the group.

I sighed and then walked completely into the kitchen with everybody and started a conversation with John and Todd for a while until a few of the players had to get home, so they began to leave one by one or some in groups. After about another half an hour, all that was left was me, John, Todd, AJ, and Eddie. Well, and obviously, Owen too. Marnie had to go home and Nikki went home with Levi so that’s who was left. I didn’t feel like hanging out with a bunch of rowdy guys all night, so I went upstairs into my room to take off my painful heels.

I took off my shoes and traded my pants in for a pair of dance shorts before brushing out my hair and going towards the bathroom to brush my teeth because I was tired to I’d probably go to sleep soon.

When I was coming back from the bathroom, though, I ran-literally- into Todd as he was going towards the bathroom.

“Watch where you’re going,” He teased me.

I stuck my tongue out at him. “Right back at ya.” I turned to go back into my room before impulsively turning back around to face him again. “Todd,” I called out, causing him to turn and look at me.

“Yeah?”

“I need to ask you something.” I told him, grabbing his sleeve and then pulling him into my room without giving him a chance to say no or to have any say in the matter at all.

“What’s up?” He asked once I’d let go of his sleeve and shut the door behind him.

“I have a theory.” I informed him, sitting on the edge of my bed.

He nodded and sat down beside me. “Okay then,” Todd said slowly, waiting for me to explain why I’d literally dragged him into my room.

“Okay, well it occurred to me when Caleb started talking to me and you got all temperamental and stuff.” I continued to explain.

Todd groaned and I think he knew where I was going with this, because he looked absolutely mortified and like he wanted to die. I didn’t mean to make him want to die, but I was just wondering because it’s been kind of on my mind as of late. His reaction, though, gave me an answer to my unasked question.

“So you like me then?” I wondered quietly.

He cringed and then reluctantly nodded. “Yeah, I guess.”

“Well, then why have you never asked me on a date?”

“What?” Todd asked, looking up at me and he didn’t look like he wanted to die all that much anymore, so that’s good, I think.

I shrugged. “I’m no expert, but isn’t that what you’re supposed to do when you like somebody? Take them on a date and whatnot.”

He nodded again. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“Why didn’t you ever do that?” I asked him, genuinely curious.

Todd gave me this ‘are you going insane’ kind of look before shrugging. “I, erm, I don’t know?”

“Wimp.” I teased him.

That ‘are you going insane’ look didn’t go away as he looked at me with wide eyes. “So why are we bringing this up now?”

I shrugged. “I was just thinking about it, I guess.”

He nodded and just sat there awkwardly, obviously not sure of what to do.

“I would have said yes, you know, if you asked me out or something.” I informed him chirpily.

Todd frowned at me in confusion. “You would have?”

I nodded in confirmation. “Well, yeah. You’re nice and you’re cute and you’re best friends with my brother which- yes, is a bit weird- but it also means that if you break my heart, then he wouldn’t have any trouble kicking your face in. Oh, and you already know about all of the sophomore year drama and whatnot. So yeah, I would have said yes.”

He was silent again and I felt like this conversation was probably awkward for him. It should have been awkward for me too but for some insane reason, I just wasn’t awkward about it. I’m not a generally awkward person, so that’s probably why, it’s just with Caleb. Well, it was just with Caleb.

“But not anymore.” I continued when he didn’t say anything. “I’d say no now because it’d look like I’m hopping from one guy to another you know, which the drama about Caleb and everything.”

He nodded. “Right, I can see how that’d look bad.”

I smiled at him softly. “Can I ask you something?”

He nodded. “Go for it.”

“On a scale of one to ten, how much do you think you like me?”

“What kind of question is that?”

I shrugged. “It’s a Dakota Peters kind of question.”

He sighed and then looked down at my beautifully shaggy carpet. “I don’t know, an eight, I guess.”

“Eight?” I echoed.

He nodded. “Sure, eight.”

“Wow.” I muttered. “That’s a lot.”

“I feel like this conversation is as unnecessary as it is uncomfortable.”

“I’m not uncomfortable.” I chirped with a teasing smile.

He stood up, preparing himself to leave. “Well then be comfortable on your own, Dakota.”

“Wait.” I piped before he could actually leave.

Todd let out an exasperated sigh and then turned back around and looked at me, but didn’t say anything, he just looked at me.

“Well, okay so just wait a few weeks.” I told him softly. “And then I’ll say yes.”

Something in his eyes sparked and it was almost amusing. “So if I asked you on a date in a few weeks, you’ll say yes?”

I nodded. “Yes, most likely.”

“I can wait a few weeks.” He nodded excitedly.

I giggled. “Good.”

“Alright,” Todd cleared his throat and shuffled awkwardly on his feet for a moment. “I guess I’ll talk to you later then.”

“Well,” I drew out the word to keep him there. “We could like, kiss or something, if you don’t tell anybody. Especially not Owen.”

And I thought his eyes widened before- they were full out almost falling out of his face now as he stood in front of me and then I blushed at even bringing it up because it was obviously a bad idea. I just kinda wanted to kiss him. I mean, yeah it was kind of weird when I found out that he likes me, but after I found that out and after Caleb turned out to be icky, I was kind of thinking about how amazing Todd really is. And he’s really, really cute. And not in the puppy cute, in the I-want-to-have-your-babies kind of cute.

“Is that a joke?” He croaked. “Because if it is, it really isn’t funny. It’s painfully teasing, actually.”

“It was a joke.” I lied. “I mean, if you don’t want to kiss then yeah- it was totally a joke. But I mean, if it wasn’t a joke would you wanna do that?”

“Do what?”

I blushed even brighter and it was my turn to grow awkward. “See, now you’re being a jerk.” I teased him.

He shrugged and sat down beside me. “I’m being a jerk because you’re being a tease.”

“I’m not being a tease!” I insisted.

Todd grinned at me, like he’d won a game that only he knew about. “Cool, now this conversation is awkward for both of us and I don’t’ feel as bad now.”

I frowned at him. “You’re terrible, you know.”

He shrugged. “You deserved it.”

I shook my head at him. “I did not, I was just saying that we could kiss if you wanted to and then you had to go and make it all awkward.”

“Because ‘I know that you like me and you can ask me out in a few weeks but we can kiss now if you want’ is an awkward conversation to have.”

I snorted. “Oh, because you’ve had that conversation before?”

“Maybe I have.” He laughed.

“Then you’re a player.” I giggled.

“I think we both know that’s not true.” He gloated with a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips.

“Are you a good kisser?” I wondered. Surely, I’d never ever ask any other guy this question but I mean, he’s Todd. I’ve known this guy since kindergarten so even are awkward conversations aren’t really all that awkward.

“Yeah, that’s going to make the awkwardness go away, by asking that question. Way to go, Dakota.” Todd snorted teasingly and sarcastically.

“I think it’s a fair question.” I defended with an innocent shrug.

“Well, I don’t know, I’ve never asked anybody before.” He laughed.

“Okay, that makes sense.” I appeased him. “If you ever kiss me, I’ll let you know if you’re good or not, though. I think you have the right to know, don’t you?”

“What do you mean if?” Todd asked me.

“You’re stalling.” I sighed. “And if you stall for much longer than I might get bored and kick you out of my room.”

He rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to say something before closing it again and then he looked up at me and then he looked down at my lips and then my boobs and then back to my lips and then back up to my eyes and he was really going to do it. I was really going to kiss Todd Zifferen. He leaned towards me and I leaned towards him until we met in the middle- although there really wasn’t much of a middle since we were already sitting pretty close to each other, it wasn’t much of a distance.

When our lips touched, I immediately noticed how nice and really soft his lips were. They were gentle as they moved against mine and it felt really good to kiss Todd. I angled my body more towards him so that we could deepen our kiss and he placed one of his hands on my bare waist since there was a pretty large gap between my cropped t-shirt and dance shorts.

“Does it feel weird?” Todd wondered apprehensively, his lips brushing against my own.

I shook my head with a small giggle. “No, it feels kinda nice.”

He smiled and then we continued kissing. I wrapped my arms lightly around his neck and I guess he took that as a sign that he should deepen the kiss.

Todd slowly opened his mouth and gently prodded at my bottom lips with his tongue, asking for an entrance to my mouth. The only other make out session I’ve had for a few months was the drunken one with Caleb and that was just awful and not nearly as amazing as this one, so it was safe to say that yes- Todd is a really good kisser. I opened my mouth and gave him permission to break my weak lips barrier and then our tongues were mangled together, slowly wrestling each other for dominance over the kiss.

We were both incredibly stubborn people, but he eventually won because he’s just that much of an amazing kisser that I’m just not so stubborn when kissing him. His hand gripped my waist tighter, not painfully or anything, just tighter, and then wrapped his other hand into my hair, holding my face to his.

I tightened my arms around his neck and then slowly leaned back so that I was laying down on my back on my bed and with my arms around him, I pulled Todd town on top of me. With his hands in my hair and on my waist, he didn’t have any free hands to hold himself up off of me, so he was laying on top of me. He wasn’t squishing me or anything, because I think he had some weight on his elbow, but he was tightly pressed against me and his body heat felt really intense against me.

We were kissing like that for a long time- just laying on my bed together with our tongues down each other’s throats. I know I let out a few moans and whenever I did, Todd would grin against my lips and I’d blush but we wouldn’t stop kissing. And as we continued to kiss, it got really heated. Like, a lot more heated than I had intended for it to be. His hand was completely up my shirt, lightly fondling my right bra-clad boob and his other hand was high on my thigh. I had both of my hands floating around his torso, which was shifting his shirt halfway up his body and eventually, I had to break the kiss to get a breath.

When I did this, Todd luckily didn’t take it as a sign to stop, he just moved his lips to my neck and started sucking on a spot so low on my neck that it might have been considered cleavage. I couldn’t tell if he was kissing so low because he wanted to get closer to my boobs or of he was kissing so low so if he left a hickey (which he almost positively was) I could hide it easily. Either way, it felt really good, so I just moaned rather loudly and took a quick second to pray that all of the guys were still downstairs and not within hearing distance. I mean, it wasn’t that loud, but the walls are kinda thin between my and Owen’s rooms.

All worries were washed out of my mind, though, when he started grinding his hips into mine which just kind of drove me crazy and I moaned again but it sounded strangled because I was trying to stay quiet. Todd grinned against my skin and then attached his lips to mine again.

When he did that, I pulled him close to me and then rolled us over so that I was on top of him and our lips were still connected with tongues fiercely mangling. It wasn’t nearly as gentle as it was when we started kissing and his hand was still on my boob through my shirt and it had creeped through my bra- he had even unclasped it- so we were flesh to flesh- hand to boob- and when that happened, I gasped at the touch and Todd let out a low groan so I grinned just because he grinned when I would make a sound so it only seemed fair.

I was completely convinced that we were going to run past second base and slide right into third, in terms of baseball. And I was totally okay with that. I was actually okay with doing anything in that moment- except for actually losing my virginity, I wouldn’t do that, but that was really the only thing I wouldn’t be okay with doing right then. He was such an amazing kisser, if I hadn’t told you that already, and it was just so… amazing.

I was sliding us into third base by unbuttoning and unzipping his jeans (I don’t know when or why he changed out of his baseball uniform, but he was in jeans and a t-shirt) and I could feel his hardened manhood through his boxers. He let out this mix between a moan and a groan and it was probably the sexiest thing ever and I’d ever heard ever.

“This isn’t the bathroom!” I heard somebody screech and it sure as hell wasn’t either me or Todd. It came from the doorway. I screeched and threw myself off of the bed- which was kind of difficult with Todd’s hand stuck in my shirt- but before I could see who had interrupted us, the door was slamming shut behind said intruder and I didn’t see who it was.

I leaned against my wall and began to desperately pant for breath as Todd did the same thing still lying on his back in my mattress.

“Who… was… that?” I panted, sitting down on the edge of my bed, reaching back behind me to clasp my bra again.

“AJ.” Todd replied, regaining his breath again, a lot quicker than I was regaining mine.

Curiously, I opened the door again and I could hear somebody in the bathroom across the hall so I assumed that Randy was in there. It was total shit that he didn’t know where the bathroom was though because he had been over to this house so many times before and on the outside of my room, there’s “do not enter” tape that I thought was cool when I was twelve and it won’t come off now. Nobody puts “do not enter” tape on a bathroom door.

“Maybe if we kill him now, he won’t be able to tell anybody.” I muttered.

“Don’t worry about it.” Todd assured me, sitting up and looking at me with a crooked smile as I shut the door again. I can’t believe I didn’t lock it. I really need to stop forgetting to do that. “If Owen knew, he’d be mad at me, not you.”

“Owen won’t care.” I shrugged. “But he’ll give me the ‘it’s weird if you date my friends’ speech.”

“You’ll get over it.” He chuckled, situating his shirt and I noticed the bulge in his pants and I suddenly felt bad. “Wow, you’re kind of perverted.”

I blushed, sitting down on the edge of my bed and looking at him with a sympathetic frown followed by a girly giggle that I tried, with obvious failure, to hold back. “Well, you can’t just go down there like that.”

He shook his head. “I do not want your pity hand job.”

“But-“ I heard footsteps outside of the door and then they were going downstairs so I opened my door again to see if I could hear what they were talking about downstairs.

“He probably won’t even say anything.” Todd sighed.

“Dude!” We both heard AJ laughing and I feared that Todd had spoken too soon. “Ziff is upstairs with your sister.”

“Yeah, you’re totally right.” I grumbled sarcastically at Todd who just laughed innocently behind me before passing me through the doorway and walking into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

“So? He talks to her a lot.” I heard Owen say downstairs.

AJ laughed again. “Oh, they’re not talking.” And then everything was silent and I was positive that everybody downstairs understood what AJ meant by that. I was going to die right then and there. Die. Todd would die along with me if my dad was still down there to hear that, but I seriously doubted that since AJ isn’t stupid enough to say something like that with my dad in hearing range. Surely, he knew what would happen to Todd if that happened and AJ and Todd are friends, so he wouldn’t want Todd to end up either dead or inhumanely castrated.

A few minutes later, Todd excited the bathroom bulge-free with his pants zipped and everything.

“So should I go downstairs or…?” Todd wondered as I still stood in the threshold of my room.

I nodded. “You should go downstairs.”

He looked like he didn’t have a clue on what he was supposed to do as he walked towards the stairs slowly.

“Oh, and by the way,” I whispered towards him so that nobody downstairs could hear. “You’re a really good kisser.”

He smirked but didn’t say anything before disappearing down the stairs.

Just a few weeks, I thought to myself. Just a few weeks and then I can kiss him again. I really can’t wait.

_______________________

Hey there! So I have to go back to once a week now, and I'll keep it on Fridays but the reason being that college applications are happening and college tours and scholarships and all of this crappy senior crap that I gotta do along with loads of homework and I just don't have much time to write right now, so yeah, only on Fridays now. 

Thanks so much for reading and go ahead and check out the song (Come And Get It, Selena Gomez) and picture (Dakota's Outfit) on the side :D

Thanks for reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
4.3M 99.9K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...
28K 949 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
898 217 21
Bethany thought she would always have eyes for basketball-star Matt...until she meets someone who can even out charm him, his older brother. ...